Print Page | Close Window

PR status

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28179
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:39am

Topic: PR status
Posted By: manoogujjari
Subject: PR status
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 7:48am
Hi
I need serious suggestions.
I have applied for renewal of my PR card. I have received report 44(1) indicating that I don't meet the resident obligation. From March 2016, I am here in Canada. Till today my total number of days is 570 plus. My question is that the days I spent after issue of report will be calculated when I will be interviewed for next time with Minister Delegates or not.
62 of Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations says following :
Calculation — residency obligation

62 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the calculation of days under paragraph 28(2)(a) of the Act in respect of a permanent resident does not include any day after
(a) a report is prepared under subsection 44(1) of the Act on the ground that the permanent resident has failed to comply with the residency obligation; or
(b) a decision is made outside of Canada that the permanent resident has failed to comply with the residency obligation.
Marginal note:Exception

(2) If the permanent resident is subsequently determined to have complied with the residency obligation, subsection (1) does not apply.
Can Minister Delegates give me a admonition and resume my status or issue a removal order.
Regards

Mango

Replies:
Posted By: Mustafacan
Date Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:51am
Hi

I am in similar situations. I received the report too in July 2017 and also I received 1 yr PR Card in August.

Just waiting for the interview from Minister Delegate. I dint satisfy RO as I stayed only for 1 yr inn5 years time due to my health problems.

When did you receive the report? Did they call for interview?

Thank You

Print Page | Close Window