Print Page | Close Window

first stage approval and refused?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2815
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:41am

Topic: first stage approval and refused?
Posted By: wordstar_28
Subject: first stage approval and refused?
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:57am
hey guys I have a question??? Is there any chance that an application already recieved first stage approval but in the end got refused? I already recieved my first stage approval on April 29, 2010 but I'm a little worried now coz the lady in cic said their doing background checks for me and my son who is 8y/o in the Philippines. My NBI will expire soon that will be nxt month. I think I need to renew it now. My police cert in Hongkong will be 1yr on august 30, my medicals are on sept 15. oh my do I need to spend more money again? do I need to wait for their latter (cic)asking this things or can I do them ahead? Its so frustrating!!! whew I think I'm losing my patience...
. well what can I say? Nothing!

Replies:
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:58am
(letter) sori

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:54am
I'd wait for them to be requested from you before getting them redone.

But there is the possibility of refusal, of course. First stage approval doesn't guarantee an approval, it just means you're lucky enough to be able to get a work permit now to help pay those extra fees. :P

Posted By: UKtoCAN
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 12:58pm

Yes there can be a refuasal after first stage of approval if CIC thinks you not geninue or something elses comes up and they dont believe it.

You dont have to go and pay any fees and do any medicals or police report. They are aware and if they need some information will request it.

Posted By: Saya
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:17pm

I'd wait until they request it.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Posted By: britincanada
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:35pm
As long as you keep a legal status in Canada I would wait until medicals and police certs are requested 

-------------
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:48pm
Maybe you can help us by telling us if it is outland or In-land

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 7:03pm
im inland.
sent application on sept 22, 2009
received sept 25
started processing oct 30
april 29 decision made (1st stage approval)
may 3 received letter from immigration
      letter for my husband (sponsorship approval)
      letter for me (eligibility to apply for PR)
      open work permit
waiting...

Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:10pm
It typically takes 6 months to a year after first stage approval is granted for them to finalize the application, so you're just in the beginning of the second stage of waiting.  Get a work permit, like audball says, so you can get a job and have some extra money coming in . . . plus you feel more like you have a life - and then just wait for them to tell you what comes next.  It's not always a given that they request new medicals - especially when the applicant is in Canada.  That's one advantage to an inland application. 

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 10:36pm
thanks for all your responce guys! what can I do than to wait... Hope everything went well.

Posted By: tetetsison
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 2:48am
hello there..read your concerns regarding approved visa or refused...kami din was waiting for 5mos now..since the time hiningi passport namin last ju\anuary till now wala pa balita...wala pang visa na narelease at lalong walang update sa e-cas....sometimes i wonder if anu na nangyayari sa papers namin ng anak ko..wheteher enroll ko pa ba sya or hindi na...accept ko ba job offer ulit sa akin or not...ewan ko ba...i wanted to go to the embassy in makati pero drop box lang sasagot sa queries mo..haizzz..im starting to doubt ifanu na..aalis ba akmi or hindi?pending lahat ng decisions ko...i hope in no time God will give us want we want..VISA...ill let you know when i get hold of my visa in the future..for now all we can do is wait and pray......May god will finally give us want were waiting for...Goodluck lahat sa atin...Cry

-------------
hi there and have a blessed day

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 9:09am
hi tetet! matagal k n ring hintay pala. outland k ba? nasa pilipinas p kayo ng anak mo? sponsor k b hubby mo? wats your timeline? ako dito na
sa canada, I applied inland. npptgal yata processing coz of background checks. wait k lng mlapit n rin siguro yan.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 1:25pm
@wordstar_28 kind of confuse but i will give it to you lol

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 3:34pm
hi UKtoCan! sori If I'm confusing you lol! I'm talking to a fellow filipino applicant and we had the same situation but then she's outland I think and I'm inland.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 4:02pm
ok I get you and all the best..

Posted By: jcalm1
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 8:23pm

Did you hire an immigration lawyer to help you with your application?  because I am not sure if i should hire one or not.  Thanks

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:16pm
hi jcalm! r you asking me? no I didn't hire a lawyer. I did everything.

Posted By: jcalm1
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:25pm
Yes, Wordstar_28, I am asking you.  Thanks for the reply.

Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:53pm
just do it with your self. just follow the document checklist and you can ask everything in this forum, you can save your money.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 5:39am
I will only say hire a lawyer if there is a complicated issue on your part. Straight forward cases need no lawyer.

I dont think i will be hring one, so far so good

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 9:36am
hi there wordstar! firzt off. yes we are being sponsored by my husbnd.they startd to process our applictn last year march 24 2009 and april 2009 they askd 4 our mdcals,tpos january they askd 4 our pasportz wd 2pcs 2x2 pics,sent them last january 21 and they infrmd my husbnd to pay for d landng fee.they gave hm 30days to pay 4 it.so he did last march 17,and becoz he didnt knw that he wasnt able to send the receipt then,so he called me last wednesday tellin me he got a mail frm the embsy sayng he has to forwrd the receipt to them asap,so he sent it to the embsy last week,were prayng hard.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jun 2010 at 9:38am
were praying hard to hear a good news and to recieve the most awaited visa..we really wanna fly up there asap.May the good lord give ths to ol of us.thanks.goodluck to us.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 2:50am
Clap
Hi everybody..Wordstar hewllo if youre there..
I got a good news today as ive read my ecas..DECISION MADE...I hope everything will turn out just right.Im keeping my faith and I believe God will grant it in no time.Lets noe be all in a haste for God is always true to his promises..He is a faithful God.Theres always a perfect time..Just wait and ill wait for my visa to arrive,,hopefully this month..God bless us all..

Wordstar..Keep your faith and God will answer all your requests....Godbless and i will pray for your visa also

Application started to be process: March 10,2009
April: Medical, NBI other documents of my son
July: NSO birth certificate
Nov 27 2009: Passport and medical
March: Ask for the payment of landing fee.
March17: Paid for the landing fee
July: Rcvd reciept
July 8: DECISION MADE
Still waiting for the visa...praying to arrive in no time..Godbless

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:42am
hi tetet! Im happy for you and your son! what part of canada were you goin to? keep us update!

Print Page | Close Window