Print Page | Close Window

How to request CBSA travel history record Online

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
Printed Date: 23 Jan 2021 at 1:10pm

Topic: How to request CBSA travel history record Online
Posted By: veryoldman
Subject: How to request CBSA travel history record Online
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 12:28pm
I would like to request my CBSA travel history record (travel history report) Online.

I have some questions for the people who successfully got their report by applying online.

I know that there is the following website to get this report:

However, I am having questions on how to complete it:

1- What documents that I need to submit online along with this request? I assume I can upload PDF copies of passports, etc. Do I have to submit any supporting documents? The page says this is "optional".

2- In order to get my own travel report, do I need to pay the $5 fee? I think it is free if I am asking for my own records. I just want to confirm this.

3- There is  question on: "Which type of records do you wish to request?"
The two choices are: Case files or Personal corporate records
I think for my own records, I should select "Case files". But I wanted to confirm this.

4- There is a blank area to answer this "Requests must include sufficient detail to enable an experienced employee of the CBSA, with a reasonable effort, to identify the records that are being requested. Examples include, but are not limited to, time periods, file numbers, client identifiers, file names, report titles, locations (office, port of entry or region/branch), names of individuals, passport numbers, dates of birth (if requesting traveller history or immigration files)."

If I want my exit/entry travel history, what should I put for the above item?

5- On the third page "Attach Documents", there is the following "Other Documents (optional): You may submit up to five (5) additional documents to help support your Access to Information or Privacy request, but this is optional."

I guess for this part, I need to upload some document. They say this is optional. What kind of documents have you uploaded in your case?

6- Do you know if the report shows the Exits from Canada by air travel (for example, if I travel by AIR from Toronto airport to London Airport in the UK)? I heard that exits from Canada by air are not shown and are not tracked by the CBSA. Is this correct? 
Since I don't remember that exact dates of my air travel out of Canada from long time ago, so I am hoping that the report will have both my exact entry and the exits dates.

7- How long did it take you to get your report? I think there are two options one to get it by email and the other one to get a paper copy mailed to you. I am wondering the time associated with each request.

My final question is, if submitting documents is "optional" as they say on the form, then if I don't submit any copies of my IDs (like passports), when how they confirm that I am the person that I am claiming to be? If you are doing this online request, how does the CBSA confirm that the request really came from the real person and not any other person? I would think that we don't want our travel history to be send to the wrong person. So I am just wondering how they confirm this if the request is sent online and if providing supporting documents is "optional". I think it should not be "optional", and you must provide proof that you are the person you are claiming to be.

Thank you.

Posted By: veryoldman
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
Dear all,

I appreciate if someone can provide info on how to apply for the CBSA travel history record (travel history report).

Thank you for your help.

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:01pm

Originally posted by veryoldman veryoldman wrote:

Dear all,

I appreciate if someone can provide info on how to apply for the CBSA travel history record (travel history report).

Thank you for your help.



Posted By: veryoldman
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 1:52pm
Thanks for the link.

The URL in  your reply leads to another official website that enables a person to request their travel report.

However, I am am not clear on how to fill this report.

If someone have successfully requested their travel report and know how to answer my above questions, please let me know as I am not clear on how to complete this form. 


Posted By: veryoldman
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2017 at 5:23pm
Can anyone who has experience with this please help?

Thank you very much

Posted By: colin
Date Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:40am
If you are physically present in Canada, you can request your travel history through an ATIP request online under the Privacy Act. You will have to pay fees of 5$ CAD.
You can proceed with this through this link:" rel="nofollow -
You can upload any document you wish, your passport ID page and copy of your PR card (both sides) can help. If the officer handling your request is missing information they will contact you.
You must select case files.

You should state that you want your travel history and specify the time line that you wish to request, per example from September 2011 to Present. You should include your UCI as well
It can take 30 days to receive your travel history record from CBSA. The report will give history only of your entries into Canada, perhaps some exits with the US as well.

Colin Singer, Canada Immigration Lawyer & Managing Partner," rel="nofollow -

Print Page | Close Window