Print Page | Close Window

Help! Pr card not arrived but leaving soon.

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27901
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 8:48pm

Topic: Help! Pr card not arrived but leaving soon.
Posted By: Tanyar24
Subject: Help! Pr card not arrived but leaving soon.
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
HI,

I leave on the 19th September for 1 week in Mexico, however just after i booked the trip ( end july) i discovered my PR Card expired. I have sent of application for renewal arrived there 24th july. But looks like they havent started processing it. Will I have alot of trouble coming back into Canada?? Im starting to get worried but cannot afford to cancel trip as booked with 2 friends on same card and if one.  Side note I am Australian with Australian Passport.

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 7:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tanyar24 Tanyar24 wrote:

<span style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;">HI,</span><br style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;"><br style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;"><span style="color: rgb21, 21, 21; font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14.6667px;">I leave on the 19th September for 1 week in Mexico, however just after i booked the trip ( end july) i discovered my PR Card expired. I have sent of application for renewal arrived there 24th july. But looks like they havent started processing it. Will I have alot of trouble coming back into Canada?? Im starting to get worried but cannot afford to cancel trip as booked with 2 friends on same card and if one.  Side note I am Australian with Australian Passport.</span>

1. It is very likely that the Airline will not allow you to board without either a valid PR card or PR Travel document for your return flight.
2. Only really 3 choices, cancel, obtain a PRTD in Mexico city, or if you have a US visa, re-route to a US airport close to the boarder and cross non commercial vehicle with your expired PR card and COPR.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: Tanyar24
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 1:57pm
I really can't do any of those options. I'm hoping if I take enough evidence of proof status I'll be fine! I'm traveling with 2 other people and if change anything they will be affected plus tickers nonrefundable nontransferable or changeable.. And only in Mexico for 1 week so no time to go Mexico city for travel document.

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 3:57pm
Hi

Originally posted by Tanyar24 Tanyar24 wrote:

I really can't do any of those options. I'm hoping if I take enough evidence of proof status I'll be fine! I'm traveling with 2 other people and if change anything they will be affected plus tickers nonrefundable nontransferable or changeable.. And only in Mexico for 1 week so no time to go Mexico city for travel document.

1. Then be prepared to be denied boarding in Mexico for the return flight.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window