Print Page | Close Window

Wife cheated for PR

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
Printed Date: 20 Apr 2021 at 1:01am

Topic: Wife cheated for PR
Posted By: mywifecheated
Subject: Wife cheated for PR
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:59am

I am a Chartered Accountant by profession. I did my MBA from Canada in 2010 post which I applied for my PR in Canada in 2014 under federal skilled worker. I got married in 2015 while my PR was still in process and I then made an application to the Canadian embassy to add the name of my spouse in my application which delayed my PR process. The embassy allowed me to add my spouse name and we both got the PR post my marriage. Later on I discovered that my wife married me to get the PR in Canada and despite my background I fell in a trap of the ill which is prevalent in our Indian society these days with the extortion racket around false and baseless Dowry demand cases.

My wife was suffering from ailments/diseases from before marriage i.e 2012 and her father is a practicing lawyer in India. My wife is an alcoholic and is on medication for pre-marital degenerative disc disease and poly cystic ovary disease and cannot give birth to a child. She proposed me to go for surrogacy. After I discovered her pre-marital diseases I objected to her family and they filed a false complaint against me to Delhi Police women cell.

She took the PR and her passport and my parents jewelry and went to her parents’ house and is now asking me for 50 lakh rupees to take back the false case. In the mean while I have filed a case of fraud and annulment of my marriage with the court in India but her father says that he will bribe the judiciary and get rid of it but I have to pay money if I want to not get harassed under Indian system.

In the mean while I landed in Canada alone without my wife and validated my PR but had to return back home to handle the mess my wife had created. My question is how can I inform this to the Canadian consulate and ask them to cancel the PR of my wife since she has no intention to live with me and has fled my house.

Print Page | Close Window