Print Page | Close Window

Extension of work permit (from open to employer)

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Work Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27401
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 5:27am

Topic: Extension of work permit (from open to employer)
Posted By: egoetc
Subject: Extension of work permit (from open to employer)
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 3:49pm
tl;dr: How do I apply for an LMIA-exempt, employer-based work permit online without uploading the documents it's requiring me to upload?

HISTORY

- Open work permit (post-grad) obtained in October, 2014

- Have been working with the same employer since March 2015 and will continue doing so

- Applied for PR through the Quebec Selected Skilled Worked program (QSW) in March, 2017

- Open work permit (post-grad) expires in October, 2017 - BEFORE I get a decision for PR

I now need to apply for an employer-based LMIA-exempt work permit. I have:

- A valid CSQ

- An offer of employment number (my employer submitted the info on their end and paid the $230 app fee)

MY ISSUE

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to apply online. I go into my account and I'm forced to go through the "Come to Canada wizard" questionnaire to generate the correct checklist/application documents that I need to upload for an extension of a work permit. During this questionnaire, I cannot say "no" when they ask me if I have a written job offer (I'm already working, I have an offer of employment number), and I cannot choose "None of the above" when it asks me to describe my current job situation - in which NONE of the answers apply other than "Provincial Nominee Certificate Holder", which isn't even correct because I'm not applying under the PNP; Quebec is a separate program. I cannot say no because it ends the questionnaire by telling me that I am no longer eligible (even though I am). 

So, I say yes to the written job offer, and I select the Provincial Nominee Certificate Holder; there-go, in my online application, I must upload documents such as: 

- Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required)

- Letter of Support from Province or Territory (required)

- Offer of Employment (required) (description: job offer letter)

Unfortunately, none of these apply to me - because I have an option to upload my CSQ, this shows that I have a "letter of support" or a "certificate" --- do I just upload my CSQ in those areas three times in a row?? Or, do I explain my situation in the Letter of Explanation? Do I not actually have to upload (I can upload an n/a word doc) the "required" documents? Anyone else in a similar situation? Any help would be appreciated!

Print Page | Close Window