Print Page | Close Window

Cancellation of my PR

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27350
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 11:25am

Topic: Cancellation of my PR
Posted By: gloomysky
Subject: Cancellation of my PR
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:31pm
Hi,

i got married in 2013. I got my Canadian PR just one year ago.Me and my husband had a fight some months ago, he told me as he is not feeling well he wants to visit his parents back home. I came along with my husband , while i have reached i did not notice that he kept my passport and pr. After 2 days i saw i dont have my passport and pr in my wallet. I called him but unable to reach him. after some days i figured out that he is in Canada. Now he wants to cancel my pr. Can he do that?

I brought a house in a partnership with my husband,  in the meantime and also i was working in a telecom company as a supervisor in Toronto.

Please let me know i dont have my passport and pr with me how can i get back to Canada and if he requested to cancel my pr can he do that?

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 4:07pm
Hi

Originally posted by gloomysky gloomysky wrote:

Hi,

i got married in 2013. I got my Canadian PR just one year ago.Me and my husband had a fight some months ago, he told me as he is not feeling well he wants to visit his parents back home. I came along with my husband , while i have reached i did not notice that he kept my passport and pr. After 2 days i saw i dont have my passport and pr in my wallet. I called him but unable to reach him. after some days i figured out that he is in Canada. Now he wants to cancel my pr. Can he do that?

I brought a house in a partnership with my husband,  in the meantime and also i was working in a telecom company as a supervisor in Toronto.

Please let me know i dont have my passport and pr with me how can i get back to Canada and if he requested to cancel my pr can he do that?

1. No he can't cancel your PR.
2. You need to get a replacement passport and then apply for Permanent Resident Travel Document. The application is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/
3. You can submit the application with your passport to the VAC serving your city of residence or the closest one.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window