Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26731
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:56am

Topic: Criminal Records
Posted By: w45iim
Subject: Criminal Records
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:48am
Hi everyone...i am actually applying for a Student Visa to Canada but would like some clarification.

Me and my wife was in UK for 7years...she was student and i was the dependant.

We got separated and our visa was also refused, hence i decided to return back to my country and she applied for extension to stay.   When i fill the form, do i need to mention that my visa was refused?? I am actually in my home country now and i have a new passport(old one is expired)

Secondly

During my stay in UK, i was arrested on the following charges: Handling Stolen Goods, the case went on for about a year and a half then i was later CLEARED of all charges.

On another occasion i was also arrested for slapping my wife, i was given a warning and release by the police. Do i have to state this also??

Also there s a question "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, or charge with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country??  WHAT SHOULD I MENTION HERE??

Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 1:47pm
Hi

Originally posted by w45iim w45iim wrote:

Hi everyone...i am actually applying for a Student Visa to Canada but would like some clarification.

Me and my wife was in UK for 7years...she was student and i was the dependant.

We got separated and our visa was also refused, hence i decided to return back to my country and she applied for extension to stay.   When i fill the form, do i need to mention that my visa was refused?? I am actually in my home country now and i have a new passport(old one is expired)

Secondly

During my stay in UK, i was arrested on the following charges: Handling Stolen Goods, the case went on for about a year and a half then i was later CLEARED of all charges.

On another occasion i was also arrested for slapping my wife, i was given a warning and release by the police. Do i have to state this also??

Also there s a question "<font color="#222222">Have you ever committed, been arrested for, or charge with or convicted of any criminal offence in any country??  WHAT SHOULD I MENTION HERE??
<font color="#222222">
<font color="#222222">
<font color="#222222" size="3">Anyone's help will be greatly appreciated.
<font color="#222222" size="3">
<font color="#222222" size="3">Thanks
<font color="#222222" size="3">
<font color="#222222" face="arial, sans-serif"><span style="font-size: 12.8px;">
</span>

1. Yes you have to mention the refusal
2. Yes, you have to note the two arrests. Better get a UK criminal records check as IRCC will probably request it.
3. Fail to mention the refusal and arrests and there is a good chance you would be refused for misrepresentation and barred for 5 years.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: w45iim
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 3:28pm
Thanks for the reply...i will mention it.
I want to point out that i dont think that will show up on the uk criminal records..
Firstly the first arrest was only a warning
Secondly i was cleared of all charges.
As far as i am aware a criminal record will show history of conviction/sentence in jail.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Print Page | Close Window