Print Page | Close Window

Online payment! HELP!

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2654
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 5:59am

Topic: Online payment! HELP!
Posted By: giokarinos
Subject: Online payment! HELP!
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:22pm
I am at the final stages of our application for permanent residency (for my husband- I am his sponsor) and we are trying to make an online payment for the fees and can't get to it. We have tried from 2 different computers and the message it keeps giving us is "Payment failed" and "Transaction not approved 200" why isn't it working???
Have any of you paid online from outside Canada?
I am very discouraged and don't know what to do!

Replies:
Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:30pm
nevermind, I was wrong

Are you sure your card has a high enough limit?

I know some banks/cards have a daily or transaction limit

Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:43pm
The card has enough money left on it, we called the bank and they said it would be fine to make a transaction. We haven't used that card in a long time... 

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 6:07pm
Then I would call CIC and ask them what the error code means.

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 3:26am
I can''t get in contact with them! I am so frustrated, I finally spoke to a person who told me I have to contact my visa office, that would be Rome but I have sent them a mail because I can't talk to anybody there and they haven't replied yet.
This is so annoying, not being able to pay when you want to !!!
Has anyone had a problem like this with the onlilne payments from outside Canada?

Posted By: Siouxie
Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:12am
You can find contact details for the Canadian Visa Office, Rome, Italy (who process applications from Greece) here:  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/rome.asp

The Canadian Embassy in Rome does not accept payment by CREDIT CARD.  They do not accept online payments.. which is why you are getting the error code.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/visas/methods_payment-modes_paiement.aspx?lang=eng - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/visas/methods_payment-modes_paiement.aspx?lang=eng

2 - For residents of Albania and Greece:

(ONLY FOR PAYMENTS IN EUROS / NOT IN CANADIAN DOLLARS)

Fees are payable by direct deposit at the Intesa SanPaolo Bank. These fees may be paid at any branch of the Intesa SanPaolo Bank in Albania and Greece.

An application can only be processed with payment of the exact amount indicated on the fee schedule. Please make sure you know the exact amount to deposit before going to the Bank. At the time of deposit, the Intesa SanPaolo Bank will issue a computerized credit note (Njoftim Kredi) together with a deposit slip (Manda Arkëtimi). The credit note must be included with the application form and sent to the Visa office in Rome. The only acceptable proof of payment is the computerized credit note. The handwritten deposit slip is provided for your own records. Applications that are submitted with an incorrect fee or credit note will be returned to you by registered mail, which will significantly delay the processing of your application.

http://www.intesasanpaolobank.al/web/Locations_and_Contacts_100.php - Branches of the Intesa SanPaolo Bank in Albania and in Greece.

B) In Canadian dollars for all applicants:

In cash in Canadian dollars only when it is the exact amount and if it is paid in person. By money order or certified cheque in Canadian dollars. This money order or certified cheque, payable to the Canadian Embassy in Rome, can be purchased at most banks. We cannot accept payment by personal cheques, company cheques, credit card or Canadian postal orders.

Smile

-------------
This is only my opinion... CIC are a law unto themselves

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:52am
What is this?!?! I was following the CIC website, what am I supposed to do now? I can't even speak to anyone in Rome because they have an automated message with information, they haven't replied to my e-mail....all I want is to speak to a person!!!!
I am so confused.....do I send the 75$ for my sponsor application to Canada and pay the rest in Rome? Why can these people give me an answer????
Can anyone help me?

Posted By: Siouxie
Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:01pm
I'm sorry, I misunderstood.  I had presumed you were applying from Greece but I now realise you are applying for an outland (In Greece) spousal (family) application through the Rome office but that you are making the application from Canada (i.e. you are in Canada).

Call CIC Canada and tell them that you are trying to make a payment online but that you are getting an error code.    Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100  I would also ask them if you can pay in Canada for the sponsorship and processing fee and Right of Permanant Residency Fee.

I must say it's very confusing!  On the one part it says you can pay online, on another it says you must make payment according the the Visa Office that is processing!  I am 99% sure the sponsorship fee and application processing fee can be paid in Canada, the Right of Permanant Resident fee I think you can pay that here too, but call them to check.

If CIC say you can pay here, you can go to any bank to make payment if you can't access it online.

Sorry for the confusion!

Smile 

-------------
This is only my opinion... CIC are a law unto themselves

Date Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:43pm
Sorry, I think I confused you as well because I'm so frustrated myself.....I am a Canadian citizen I am currently married and live in Greece. I am sponsoring my husband so we can move back to Greece together. I now understand that I have to pay my husband's residence fees from the Rome office but where do I pay my sponsoring fees? Because we have to first send the application to Canada so I can get approved to be his sponsor and then the application will go to Rome for processing.
Sorry again and if you could provide any feedback I would appreciate it!

Posted By: marikost
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 10:45am
Hello. I am new to this forum and in great need of help. I am so confused about how to pay and where to send my application to sponsor my Greek husband. I am a Greek Canadian citizen living in Greece with my husband and children. I got an e-mail from Rome telling me :NOT to send my application to Rome but to Canada. But on the internet site it clearly states that when sending from Greece the immigration office we send to is Rome. So confusing and frustrating. Also do I make seperate money orders payable to Rome Visa for each fee for ex. Sponsor, Permanent Residence fee and Right to permanent residence. I noticed that you had the same questions. What did you do and how? How long did it take for you to get approved? 
Please help!

Posted By: DamCanadian
Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 3:28am
Is it a credit/debit card..meaning, it can be used as EITHER credit OR debit??  If so..then you CAN'T USE IT!!  This happened to me too--it HAS to be credit ONLY.  I don't know why it's that way but this was definitely the reason we got the error when we did it (there was plenty of money on the credit/debit so that wasn't the problem).  We tried our credit-only card right after getting the error twice on the other card, and it went through without any issues at all.  I wonder if for whatever reason, it reads it as debit, and so it denies it.  I have ONLY had this issue with paying immigration fees--every single other business reads the card as credit if they tell it to.. Confused

-------------
Applied 02/25/2012
Arrived Mississauga 03/02/2012
Sponsor Approved 06/04/2012

Posted By: winston07
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 4:57am

Hi,   I’m new to this site and am having similar problems...  I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband form England.   We are applying from abroad (England)  CAN we pay online???  The website is SO confusing. Part of it says yes, online is preferred then somewhere it says you have to pay by bank draft etc…..     I would prefer to pay online so I can finally get this application sent… Will they(immigration) accept it if it is paid online??   Any help is very much appreciated!!!  J

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2012 at 1:17pm
Hi

Originally posted by winston07 winston07 wrote:

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" ="Msonormal"><font face="Times New Roman">Hi, <span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I’m new to this
site and am having similar problems...<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>I
am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my husband form <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">   </span>We are applying from abroad (<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">England</st1:place></st1:country-region>)<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>CAN we pay online???<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>The website is SO confusing. Part of it says
yes, online is preferred then somewhere it says you have to pay by bank draft etc…..<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">     </span>I would prefer to pay online so I can
finally get this application sent… Will they(immigration) accept it if it is paid
online??<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">   </span>Any help is very much
appreciated!!!<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;">  </span>
<span style='font-family: Wingdings; mso-ascii-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-char-: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings;'><span style="mso-char-: symbol; mso-symbol-font-family: Wingdings;">J</span></span><font face="Times New Roman">

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

Yes, you pay on line, selecting Mississauga as your sponsorship and the application go there first, before forwarding the application (if approved) to London.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: winston07
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 4:52am
Thank you so much!!!!   

Posted By: bella47
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 1:58pm
Both my spouse and myself tried using our bank cards (debit & credit) to pay for a citizenship certificate. It would not go through. Makes sense that it will only work with a credit ONLY card. Thank You!!!

Print Page | Close Window