Print Page | Close Window

Canadian job classification and CIC priorities

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Express Entry Immigration
Forum Description: Express Entry is used to manage applications for permanent residence under some federal economic immigration programs.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26177
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 6:28pm

Topic: Canadian job classification and CIC priorities
Posted By: Zed
Subject: Canadian job classification and CIC priorities
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 10:47am
I fulfill all requirements for express entry ( bilingual, 28 y.o, 3 years working experience, masters degree). The assessment gives nearly 500 points. My only concern is my background and the probability to receive an ITA. I went trough some websites and found that CIC mostly sent an ITA to those from ICT, engeering and those technical stuffs as well as some care services. Given that my skills is related to policies / development projects management I am very worried about my chance to receive an ITA. As express process requires a lot of time and money, I don't know if it worth applying ( as my background is different from CIC's scope, though technically it's a part of the Canadian jobs classification ).

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 2:14pm
Hi

Originally posted by Zed Zed wrote:

I fulfill all requirements for express entry ( bilingual, 28 y.o, 3 years working experience, masters degree). The assessment gives nearly 500 points. My only concern is my background and the probability to receive an ITA. I went trough some websites and found that CIC mostly sent an ITA to those from ICT, engeering and those technical stuffs as well as some care services. Given that my skills is related to policies / development projects management I am very worried about my chance to receive an ITA. As express process requires a lot of time and money, I don't know if it worth applying ( as my background is different from CIC's scope, though technically it's a part of the Canadian jobs classification ).

1. Don't know where you got your information, if you have 500 points, then you would receive an ITA in EE. There are no preferred occupations, you have to have experience in a skilled occupation, NOC, A, B or O.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window