Print Page | Close Window

FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2542
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:08am

Topic: FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE
Posted By: aliendoc
Subject: FILE TRANSFERRED TO LOCAL OFFICE
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:05am

Hello everyone. I have been reading lots of posts but finally decided to register and make my views known in this our canadian immigration saga. I would appreciate your contributory posts and support.

Replies:
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 2:14am

My wife is sponsoing me through the inland application, and I have been waiting patiently since oct last year, only to see on ECAS that my file has been transferred to local office without AIP. This is so fustrating as I have been sitting at home doing nothing Cry Does anyone within same time frame have the same problem? Please your response will be appreciated.

-------------
Application received oct 2009
Started processing nov 2009
file transferred to local office may 2010

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 3:10am
I'm sorry to hear that. : (

Where was it transferred? There are some topics dedicated to the local offices that may help you with timelines and such

Posted By: pali
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 12:57pm
same here, i've been waiting for a year now and no word yet from local office.

Posted By: Fanadian
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 1:10pm
Hello
Sorry to hear that. Unhappy  We sent our application in October as well and haven't heard a thing yet. It's so agonizing, this waiting... I know there's at least one other person in the forum whose application was sent to a local office after 6 months but I let that person come forward him/herself if they choose to. Immigration is a painful ride.. Hang on there buddy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: justina
Date Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:55pm
Exactly the same problem!!  Fanadian, maybe that's me you saw...or maybe there are more of us in the same situation?

We submitted in September, they started looking at my husband's PR part in October, and my sponsorship part in March. The day they started looking at my part, they transferred to the local office. No approval, no info, but at least it says in process.

6 months we had no word, couldn't log on, then we finally got onto e-cas, now 2 more months have gone by with nothing...it sucks! So many people who submitted around the same time as us seem to be through already! :( I'm happy for them, but its hard for us!

Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:25am
Hey Justina, i do believe that all is well. Just curious, how will my wife who is sponsoring me check? and is it possible that she has a different client I.D number?

All your responses are appreciated.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:36am
It is very sad that a country as great as canada would be so slow when it comes to immigration. Those of us in the process cannot work, study or do anything for months, even for years; I would assume that this can cause rifts and problems between couples and in families. Knowledge/Talents are being wasted, peoples lives put on hold unnecessarily. From my little observation, people get tired and fustrated waiting and when they eventually get their PR and citizenship, they just move to the U.S. I do not know what the reasoning of the Canadian Immigration is running this policy, but just maybe they need a rethink, and be more dynamic. Maybe immigants need to stand up and suggest to them that we have alot to offer while waiting and the country stands to gain all the way! 

-------------

Posted By: MrsI
Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:23pm
 aliendoc,

I am very sorry to hear about the frustration you get from the time being watsed while waiting for your immigration process to finish.
Get ready for being very patient buddy, as you are not alone going through this tired and yet exhausting process, as I am one of them, even worse than you. Though my application is an outland one, you can't imagine that it's been over two years waiting and waiting, and being stuck really hard doing nothing at all,but waiting. My visa refused nine months after the process, filed a complaint right away, and seven months later, the appeal was allowed without doing any adr or full hearing, which means everything was ok with the file, and the most unimaginable thing is that, even after the appeal was allowed the waiting still continues, and it's been seven other months now that I am still waitng for the IOs to wake up at some time and do somethin'.

Is there an end to this process?  Sent letters to the competent persons within the VO to ask waaht is happening, no answer yet, no nothing from them. I really don't know what else could be done and stop getting psychically sick of this slow procedures!

So hang on there and be patient, it's all we can do, as one day our turn will come hopefully!

Posted By: javcil
Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:57pm
As frustrating as waiting is, we need to remember the sheer number of applications that are processed every year ...

-------------
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10

Posted By: britincanada
Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:03pm
I have been living  in Canada for almost 5 years now on Visitors Records and I know what you mean about being frustrated about not being able to work, study or infact anything that means your here for more that a "Holiday"!! As a result I have decided to apply for PR Outland! The processing times are so much shorter...I am very ready to go back to work as soon as I can...I am also a stay at home mum too....

I wish you luck in your application!! 

-------------
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Date Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:51am
Originally posted by aliendoc aliendoc wrote:

Hey Justina, i do believe that all is well. Just curious, how will my wife who is sponsoring me check? and is it possible that she has a different client I.D number?

All your responses are appreciated.

aliendoc

My husband and i have different client ID numbers. His matches his visa. When you can log into e-cas, i think you can only see yours and she hers. But of course we can check each others' by using the info and ID number. You could try using your receipt number. Good luck!

Posted By: newone
Date Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:29am
Hello everyone! I'm in the same boat. My husband submitted sponsorship application in November 2008 inland. So this is our timeline if it's helpful and somehow encouraging:
May 2009 application was transferred to local office without AIP.
December 2009 attended the interview and got AIP.
February 2010 received request to redo medicals.
May 2010 medical results have been received.
In two weeks got a letter that they are finalizing my permanent residence application at an interview. Interview scheduled for June.
It's difficult to wait but don't give up!

Posted By: Fanadian
Date Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:15am

Oh my... you've waited since 2008. I have some friends who applied outland and have waited for over two years as well... It's depressing but you have a great attitude. I can only admire that kind of patience. Keep it up. I wanted to comment on the employment aspect that it really seems that temporary workers and their spouses/partners are in a better position than the spouses of Canadian citizens/permanent residents. At least in my province all temporary workers can apply for an open work permit for their spouses after their PR application has been approved by the province (in other words they're provincial nominees). I think this applies to all provinces but I'm not 100% sure. I think this is an absurd system. I've seen so many partners of foreign workers come here with less skills and looser ties to Canada than what the partners of Canadian citizens/permanent residents have. It seems very unfair that there's no chance for most family class applicants to apply for an open work permit inland and very limited chances to do so outside Canada. And to be honest the whole processing system seems a bit arbitrary, there's no fixed timeframes for how long processing could take and a huge difference in the processing times between different case processing centres in Canada as well as outside Canada. There's also no ombudsman or any higher authority that would control CIC"s decisionmaking process.

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: suzanne_m
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:02pm
I just wanted to post my experiences here.

We sent in our app in May 2009. Our file was transferred to local CIC without AIP in October 2009. It was transferred to Edmonton.

We continued to send in documents showing that we were still living together as a couple and tried to show that we were going on with our life together regardless of the wait.

In March, we got a call from a CIC agent, and she approved us over the phone for AIP (on a thursday), the next Monday, we got the open work permit AND a letter requesting an interview.

On April 21st, my boyfriend landed and is now waiting for his card.

There could be many reasons why your app was transferred without AIP. Keep sending in documents etc, they do seem to monitor the file.

Our application took less than a year. My boyfriend was out of status, which I think is why his application was transferred. I fully expected his application to get transferred without AIP. He did not and he got so angry and frustrated, but I encouraged him to not complain, but to take action, and he did. And now 2 months later he is a PR.

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:57pm
suzanne_m, i'm glad you replied! congrats on a short time. I saw your post before and was wondering about supporting documentation, as my husband is out of status, and we got transferred to Edmonton as well.

We have now been married 9 months, so there is much more stuff to add to the file than before. I'm almost done school and hope to be starting work soon, so planned to start sending more stuff , and ordering FOSS notes too, after that. At least sending in pictures....we live together so not sure what else to send. Proof of mail in his name to our apartment maybe? Or letters from friends?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:08pm
letters from friends, mail in his name, new photos, any new utilities in both names or new joint accounts will help

You could also write an "update letter" saying what you've been doing together as a couple since sending the application. Like further development of the relationship

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:41pm
Hey guys, nice to meet you all. Its a pity we have to meet in such a forum but I believe it will be turned around for good. My file got transferred to local office and I dont even know if I should expect any letter. But it seems that those of us from developing countries and continuosly been plaqued by such mishaps. My world feels feels like a pile of ash now, because waiting the last couple of months felt like hell fire. Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 9:51pm

Guys, just an observation here; When putting in my application, my wife and I did tell my attorney that we read on the CIC website that I have to keep renewing my visitors visa, and she told it wasn't necessary since that new law allows one to stay when you put in application for inland sponsorship ...... hmmm wish I had listened to myself, now I feel like a total fool. But honestly I have noticed that alot of the immigration attorneys do not update themselves .. to the detriment of those using their services. I have seen alot of posts on this website that suggest that attorneys play just passive roles.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:01pm
Hey Javcil,
Thanks for your kind words, but if your live here in canada, you will agree that cost of living is very high and this is no place where anyone should be put on hold. Moreover, if it is a question of too many applications being processed, then they should do the right thing and employ more workers. Statistically, the U.S i think has more applicants and now the whole process takes a fews months, even as less as 6 weeks!! Canada has a population of less than 40 million and the U.S, over 300 million but less land mass, which of them should be trying to integrate immigrants faster?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:16pm
Thanks for your post Suzanne_m. How did you guys start sending supporting documents, did they request for it? When after your file was transferred, and what  supporting documents please. I have not received any letter and donot know where our file has been transferred to. I think I will inquire from the call center. Thanks again.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:18pm
well Canada can't have immigrants before the country is ready.

land mass=/= opportunities. The country is still developing and will severely struggle if there are too many people without places for them to go to live and work. The economy has been so rough that Canadians have trouble finding employment. Nevermind adding more people to the country unnecessarily to add to the stress of the job market. And then possibly government resources.

I am not anti-immigration and obviously support all spouses/partners being reunited. But I do not believe that canada should have an easier process. Some tweaks could be made, but this seems like a very secure process. It ensures that safe people are being admitted(criminal checks). And also ensures that relationships are real. If you're immigrating to be with your partner, it's right for immigration to look into that relationship. It's the basis of your immigration.

There are also a lot of immigrants not adjusting well. I read an article about the crime rates for immigrants and they're getting high. Canada has also, reportedly, started having an issue with illegals immigrants and that takes jobs from citizens and other legal immigrants. Stopping that flow includes scrutinizing those who apply legally. The steps CIC takes protects the country from letting criminals and frauds enter

I know that waiting is stressful. I hated it and know that it's worse for those who have to wait longer. But I think it benefits the country in the long run to be careful when it comes to who crosses the border.

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:19pm
Hello Newone. Thanks for sharing. We will appreciate an insight into how your interview went before you got your AIP, and the nature of the questions. thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by aliendoc aliendoc wrote:

Thanks for your post Suzanne_m. How did you guys start sending supporting documents, did they request for it? When after your file was transferred, and what  supporting documents please. I have not received any letter and donot know where our file has been transferred to. I think I will inquire from the call center. Thanks again.

You didn't get a letter about it being transferred?

That should have your file number on it, I would assume

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:33pm
Audall you do have  valid points, but it can be argued the other way round at the same time. Scrutiny is a must, but should not take forever. Immigrants can be forced into crimes when you have them wait because you are afraid they will take job fro others. A lot of processes are too old fashioned and backward. Have you taken a look at what it takes foreign doctors and other professionals to become certified? Should Canada be more comfortable with foreign professionals driving cabs and stuff? The rules and regulations need sensible reviews. Moreover, there is what is callled "healthy competition" and it drives development. We cannot reman redudant because we are scared of progress.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 10:53pm
I don't think it's fear of progress. It's hard for citizens to get jobs, there already is healthy competition.

I would rather have extra wait time to ensure quality. I don't want a doctor in Canada until there is assurance that he is qualified to practice up to the standards set here. Again, quality over quantity is key to me.

When a country is struggling economically and with providing jobs, I do not see how population growth is the key to recovery. Nor is just letting in whoever applies without looking closer at the applicants and the basis for their claim.

the reason inland is longer is because applicants are already with their spouses/partners. Applying outland is faster because Canada IS compassionate to the need to reunite loved ones. It's kind of a sacrifice inland applicants choose to make, unfortunately.

Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 11:56pm
Good argument Audball, except when it comes to quality of doctors just like other professionals, where there is statistcally acute shortage, long, painful delayed process of integration because of bureaucracy is not ensuring quality, time spent waiting can be used in speedy testing and training. The Government of Canada had some heated argument with the Certifying body a couple of months ago regarding this issue. As a med doctor, I can assure you that there is nothing like good quality care in acute shortageof providers resulting in long waits. There are ongoing debates between relevant authorities.  For a country with the kind of taxation policy she is running, I donot see how population is exactly a problem; not with the cry for skilled workers and shortages in some provinces. I do believe its only logical to hire more wokers in the immigration services and do what they have to do, because they are gonna do it anyways. Does it do any harm now that those for refugee claims are pocessed in less than 3 months as against 2 - 3 years previously??

Anyways you have the last word, good debate!!!! (least we can do since we can't be in a more productive place using our heads Tongue)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:38am
Well, we prepared very thoroughly for the interview. Cic sent us the list of documents which we should bring for the interview: common pictures, utility bills, tax returns for 3 years, marriage certificate, statement from bank account (everything that I could remember)... I'd read a lot of info on different forums about the questions which they usually ask, tried even to count birth marks on my husbands body:) But at the interview an immigration officer just took all the documents that we brought, looked at the pictures and asked me where few of them were taken. Maybe it turned out that way because my husband talked too much for both of us:) I think they just doubted that our marriage is real.

Posted By: peimum
Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 1:23am
We are in the same boat as well.  Luckly for us though, my husband was on a work visa for 2 years, which helped.... but it expired almost 2 months ago, and he was told that he had to leave.... he left, and when he tried to come back (a month later) he was told he could only stay for 3 weeks, and then he must leave again (through the same POE).  It actually feels like the government wants to tear our family appart, and force me to be a single mother!

-------------
If only it were easy.

Date Posted: 25 May 2010 at 3:22am
Thank newone. Your post I know will help a lot of us here.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 May 2010 at 3:10pm
HI Justina and Aliendoc and anyone else who might find this helpful,

We got a letter in October that our file was sent to the local CIC in Edmonton. So we started to compile things like:

- Beneficiary information for RRSPs
- Birth certificate of our son (I gave birth which might have sped up our application)
- More pictures (he joined me and my family for Christmas)
- More emails from both of our families asking about me and him
- Joint loan application
- We added each other to our health insurance
- My divorce judgement (Yes, I was married before)
- Emails from our realtor and banker to both of us, showing our intent to buy a home together

We kept bringing in copies every 2 months to Canada place. I believe that they update the file to show that we bring the information in, and that might have kept our file fresh in their minds.

Hope that helps.

Date Posted: 27 May 2010 at 10:45pm
Thanks Suzanne!

We will be following your lead...!

Date Posted: 28 May 2010 at 11:40am
THe other piece of advice that I can offer, is try to use email whenever you can. For example, my banker uses email, and so did my realtor. So whenever I had a question, I emailed them. And then had those to print off to give to CIC to show that my boyfriend and I had every intention of joining our finances and buying a house together. 

Date Posted: 29 May 2010 at 8:33pm
Finally, we got a letter that my file was transferred to Etobicoke office. Does anyone know anything about that place or about anyone whose file was transferred  there too? 

-------------

Date Posted: 31 May 2010 at 9:52am
Hi aliendoc! Our file was transferred to Etobicoke office. When I phoned call centre they didn't tell what was the application processing time. In our case it took 1 year since the application was transferred there. But each case is unique, hope yours will be processed much faster. Good luck!

Posted By: Modi
Date Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:15pm
Hey Guys, you shouldn't worry my file was transfer last june to local office without AIP after 5 month i decide to go to my local office.The lady at the reception told me that the IO who is working on my file can't see me but i should leave my phone number.As soon as i left the CIC office and step in my house the IO called me he told me that i will require an interview for my inland,i ask him when he said he doesn't know but he will write to me.I waited after 7 months and another IO called me ask me if me and my wife can go for an interview.I said yes the IO ask me when i gave him a date.Newone don't bother listening what the call center is telling you.That call center is a joke,i had my interview date schedule after 5 days i call the call center they didn't even know about it.So my advise will be for everyone who his file is transfer to local office to be patient,everyone has a different case,and all the cases are not the same 

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:29am

Thank you so much Modi. There is obviously no laid down or structured mode of operation. However, we are at the receiving end and have to bear whatever comes our way. So do you mean you waited 7 months in all or 7 more months after after the first IO told you that you would require an interview.                                                                                                                            

May I ask how to find the address for the local office, and would appreciate also if youcould share with us some questions youguys were asked at the interview.
Thanks alot.    

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 1:49am
I was getting a new SIN card, for a couple of reasons, but also thought maybe I should update it with my married name.

I asked the girl who was helping me where the CIC office was and she told me.

Someone else from this site messaged me later that day and told me where it was too.

I assume other CIC offices are in the same building as where you do all the other federal stuff? I'm in Edmonton, we have passport, SIN, CIC and who knows what else in the same building. 

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 3:40am
Thanks Justina. I have the local office here.
Any news people? I think I am in for a long wait and I am beginning to accept that fact,
who knows, I just might be wrong. Confused

-------------

Posted By: iva
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 11:35pm
Hi Everybody!
I'm so miserable and desperate as I'm wating too long for an interview in Vancouver Imm. Office. They sent us a letter in Nov.2009 that our appl. is transfered to Vancouver and still nothing. Maybe they are testing our marriages through this long and exhausting process, our patience,determination,steadiness...Hope we'll all go through! Confused

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 11:49pm
Hello Iva and welcome to this noble forum, filled with noble people. Patience they say is a virtue. I must say that you have been patient this long, just a little more as i do believe that you have gone morethan half-way already; a little more patience my dear. Some of us just started the process, NOT alllowed to work, play or do anything but be helpless and watch our spouse go through hell working morethan 2 jobs to put food on the table and clothes on our back. That is suppose to earn us respect and promote love and peace in the home because of the not so wisely thought through process!!!Thumbs Down

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 2:38am
Aliendoc,thanks a lot for your encouragement and hope which I can feel at this moment. I do hope that me and my husband are brave enough to go through and be patient until I get a chance to work for money. There are so many good things despite all this long process,like my "canadian" experience and job which is,hopefully certain.Yes, you're right,we are nobody just now...It's funny and dreadfull at the same time,to feel powerless and usefull, while our beloved are tolerating all our fussiness. Thanks again for your words.

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:53am
Hello everyone, how are you guys holding up, I hope good. just wondering if anyone has anything new to share. keep up th good spirit guys!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 2:07am
Hi, nothing new is happening, like a dead sea...Only my husband has broken a leg,operated twice,so I need work permit more than ever. They told us that they were working on our case twice- in June and July.

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 1:43am
Hey Iva. am so sorry to hear about your husband's fracture. I hope he gets well very soon. Now I have left my mind blank and just battling hard not to slip into depression. It is what it is, but we should see it as just a slight delay. It will come; this is all just a slight delay!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 11:30am
That's a great attitude! A slight delay...Hmmm. My application was received in May 2009,started processing June 8, transfered to local office in Nov.2009.I am now in situation to act as a nurse and help my man to recover.You are right, we'll get it one day....a slight delay...

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:20pm
Hey everyone, anyone, anynews yet? Iva how are you holding up and how's your hubby recovering? guys keep a positive attitude and keep intouch too.
Saw in a posting that some couple were visited at home Ermm maybe as part of verification process.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:45pm
Hi, Aliendoc, thanks for asking about my hubby! The recovery goes very slowly. But something happened: in the meantime we got an invitation for an interview; but when we got there, they told us that our officer is sick!!!You can't imagine??Now, I pray for his health and recovery,as much as my husband's....Anyways,the end is so close I hope...WackoSmile

Posted By: dimp
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2010 at 12:43am
Hi guyz, im just new here so i would like to ask advice from you. here's my timeline:

In canada spousal sponsorship and work permit application 
Submitted application Nov. 2009
Started processing Feb. 2010
Transferred to Oshawa CIC office Aug. 2010

Does anyone know here how long we have to wait for the CIC to contact us for interview? It`s really frustrating because we thought that CPC vegreville will AIP our case but they didn`t. my husband can`t work because of this and im just a low income earner so it`s really sad for us. and not only that our son has special needs and needs therapy ASAP for his development. Do u think we can go personally go to CIC Oshawa to address our concern? Will they consider to expedite our application if we tell them our whole situation? i will appreciate all ur advices. thanks!!

dimp

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 12:22am
Hey Iva, You have to be kidding me; your I.O ill hence your interview postponed? I think your I.O better start from there next time and basically apologise to you guys and practically hand you your PR on your next interview.
Dimp, what can I say? I dont want to say that your case is perculiar at the same time it does demand some form of urgent attention because of your kid. Best I think you can do is call the "call center" and present your case before them and ask them to help put a note across to your I.O for some form of consideration. I really cannot think of anything else, but I hope this works. But dont despair, everything will be fine. Goodluck.

-------------

Posted By: sami55
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 11:55am
aliendoc thank you for your kind respectful words of encouragement.
I have been here in Canada since April 2009 and I am also on visitors visa so cant do work or study. So I can fully understand the experience all these people are going through.
Good Luck to all

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 1:40am
Aliendoc, I hope you're right about PR. IO called me on my cell and rescheduled the interview for next wednesday. I can't believe we're reaching the end at last! Thanks for sharing all your optimism and hope, it was realy helpful.
Dimp, try to get through this with all the patience and love you've got. Good luck to you!

Posted By: dimp
Date Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 12:20am

hi guyz thanks for all the encouragement. but as i am reading other people's experiences looks like i still have to wait 1-2 years before i get a response from the local office. too bad.. =(

Date Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 12:13pm
I don't think you'll wait that long!!! I waited about 8-9 months in Vancouver which is one of the busiest office in Canada. Just think positive and believe it'll come soon...

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2010 at 3:47pm

I was interviewed at Vancouver CIC office on Aug 12 but still haven't anything back. I was given the vibe that we passed but don't know for sure till we receive some kind of letter from them. Does anyone know how long it takes them to shoot off a letter??

received application on May 29. 2009.
File transferred to local office on Nov 26, 2009
Interviewed on Aug 12, 2010

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 12:38pm
Hi, Pali! We've been to the interview last week and I got a work permit. The officer told me that I'll get a letter for three months, probably asking to do medical exam and crim. check again. Anyways, feel better as I'm working at last!!! Wish you luck, too!!

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 5:04am
Thx iva, you must've sent work permit application along with the sponsorship application?? Did the officer say you'll get the letter in 3 mths time? I really don't wanna wait another 3 mths.....

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 11:46am
I know, it's not easy, another three months of waiting, but who cares...They are going to inform us in aprx three months what's next. Yes, I applyed for the work permit along with the sponsorship app. That's the only satisfaction I've got now... 

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 9:07am
Hurray, am so so happy for you and your hubby Iva. It can only get better from here.
Sorry I came late for the celebration. I have a feeling you will wait for less than 3 months, but like you said, "who cares" as long as you get it. Cheers.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 2:20pm
Thanks Doc!! I feel much better when I read your prediction...I am happy to be able to work and to help my hubby recover!Thanks a lot for this as you once said, "noble forum". You are realy very helpful with your great attitude. I'm sending you a peace of my cheese-pie!!!

Posted By: pps
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:06am
hi suzanne,

i have almost the same case as yours. i have an application for open work permit under my common-law partner's work permit because he is a skilled worker and my file is in vegreville sent last june. then, i just received a letter yesterday saying that my application was transferred to the local office @canada place in edmonton. it took for about 2 months that i heard anything from them. i am quite nervous and i dont know what could be the possible reason why they transfer it in the local office.

i hope you may give me some ideas or piece of advise.. i cant even sleep much now because i am waiting for their call and i dont know whats gonna happen with my application..

please help.. thanks..

pps

Posted By: pps
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 5:07am
hi,

i have almost the same case as yours. i have an application for open work permit under my common-law partner's work permit because he is a skilled worker and my file is in vegreville sent last june. then, i just received a letter yesterday saying that my application was transferred to the local office @canada place in edmonton. it took for about 2 months that i heard anything from them. i am quite nervous and i dont know what could be the possible reason why they transfer it in the local office.

i hope you may give me some ideas or piece of advise.. i cant even sleep much now because i am waiting for their call and i dont know whats gonna happen with my application..

please help.. thanks..

pps

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 9:25am
I know its hard not to stress, but you have posted the same question in numerous threads. I gave an answer to your question in another blog. Maybe it's not the answer you are looking for, but it is what I have seen and understand from reading these forums for quite a long time.

Maybe someone else has a better answer for you. Everyone seems to be treated a little differently, depending on where they are from and their situation, but there are numerous manuals you can search on the CIC websites to understand more of the processes and why the CIC makes the decisions you do.

Is there anything in your situation that could cause a red flag to the Immigration Officer? That is why applications are transferred, the IO sees something and wants to know more before granting you a visa.

Local office processing times vary from 6 months to 3 years, depending on the office, the officer and the particular case file.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 2:05pm
hi
yes i am also waiting and frustrated

and want to do graet things, big things good things..
waiting ..its a suspense.

in answer to your q
yes your partner
the sponsor can check, ALL bits even yours, with her ID details but after you pass certain initial hurdles..
sorry you will have to wait till you pass that first hurdle
so wait..

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:44am
Hey PPs, Hope you must have calm down a little already, if not pls do. What do you mean "since last june" is it June 2009 or June 2010? Anyway, bottom line is that files could be transferred to local office for any reason and initially the reaction would be to panic. But believe me when I say this: the worse that happens is the LONG WAIT, which is not even in all cases, depending on volume at your local office among other factors. We all applied for PR and WILL GET IT Approve.......... Soonest. Just believe that!!!!! We all have too much to contribute to Canada, they just dont realise it yet. so relax and enjoy your free time, no matter how hard it is to do that. Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2010 at 8:46am

Iva, thanks for the piece of cheesecake; yummiiiiiiiiiiii. How is your hubby doing now? hope your good news gives him alot of encouragement. Please hope you dont mind sharing some details/questions at the interview. Would appreciate if others who attended interview recently do same. Thanks guys, you are too kind.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 12:53am
Hi Doc!!!Thank you for asking, my hubby is better, but it goes very slowly..Can you believe, he made a lunch today as I was working.
An interview was a kind of funny, asked about how did we meet, when did I come here and what was the plan, when did he propose, who was present at the wedding, and what did we have for dinner last night. Than he called my hubby to come in and asked him some of the same questions. Actually it was quite interesting and even funny.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 4:01pm
Sorry PPS for not answering sooner.

I believe our file was transferred was because I was in the middle of a divorce, and my boyfriend was working for a different employer than listed on his work permit.

But Edmonton only about 5 months to get back to us. Be patient.

If you are common law, they might be questioning your relationship. Bring them copies of things, such as more pictures of you two, joint bank account statements, anything to show that you are living together and have joined your life together.

Keep bringing them stuff, it can help to keep your file current and keep you and your spouse fresh in their minds.

I believe in our case, that bringing them stuff helped us out ALOT. My boyfriend got his PR in less than a year.

Hope that helps. You can even order your FOSS notes I believe. I never ordered mine. We just went to the CIC office downtown once a month.

Suzanne

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 7:25pm
arun_812

something here may be of interest to you I hope

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:04am
Hey everyone, how is it going and how's the waiting game? Hey Iva, guess you are very busy with work now. Do find time to leave a word or two; you are too kind!! Does anyone know whats up with Etobicoke office and how long it takes before one is invited for interview after ones file is transferred to local office. Thanks in advance. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:58pm
Hi everyone! Hi Doc! You're right, I'm busy, but not with work. I'm working from time to time because they're paying now (I am not a volunteer any more).Still waiting for PR, but it's realy a good feeling to have a work permit Smile.Keep in touch!

Print Page | Close Window