Print Page | Close Window

Inland Applications sent Feb 2010 to May 2010

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2470
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 5:35pm

Topic: Inland Applications sent Feb 2010 to May 2010
Posted By: jamaisomal
Subject: Inland Applications sent Feb 2010 to May 2010
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:56am
Hi. Haven't seen a thread with this timeline so I thought I would start one. It's still a bit early with the current processing times showing on the website but here we go

-------------
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!

Replies:
Posted By: jay2014
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:27am
I sent my inland app on May 6TH..Now the wait begins...

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:26pm
Yep. We have a long wait. I sent mine yesterday May 10th

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Posted By: newsom
Date Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:24am
WOO HOO! Finally some of my people! Inland application sent April 27/10. Ok guys, get ready for the waiting game.... hopefully we'll all have some First Stage Approvals before Christmas?? I was so nervous that there weren't any other inland applicants....

Posted By: bonjoydave
Date Posted: 13 May 2010 at 11:28pm
Sent My Application for PR under LCP on Feb.11,2010...

-------------
February/9/2010: Sent application for PR

September/10/2010: AIP and OWP

December/21/2010: Received my CSQ

June/14/2011: Decision Made

Aug/23/2011: Became Permanent Resident

Posted By: Binahblue
Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:32pm
Sent my application Feb 8, 2010 to Alberta and still have no notification of processing having begun... it's a bit disheartening. 

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Binahblue Binahblue wrote:

Sent my application Feb 8, 2010 to Alberta and still have no notification of processing having begun... it's a bit disheartening. 

Did you try E-CAS yet. bonjoydave's application was sent a few days after yours and they started. Maybe will hear something soon.

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:23pm
Yeah, nothing on eCas yet, either. I'm hoping soon!

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:27pm
Keep your chin up Binahblue! Who knows why some applications get processed before others, we could all drive ourselves crazy trying to understand the logic of CIC...... :-P

I'm sure you'll get word of processing soon!

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:27pm
Thanks, I appreciate the words of support <3

Posted By: justina
Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:07pm
Hello all!

Jumping into your thread because we are inland....but we filed spousal in mid September.

I agree, keep your chin up...there seems to be no logic behind when e-cas status is posted.

We were unable to see our status on e-cas for a full 6 months....the day we were able to access is the same day they sent our file to the local CIC, so looks like we are in for the long haul.  Some of the people who filed when we did are already done the whole process.  We do have some complications with our case but hope that all is sorted out quickly so we can get on with our lives!!

It's been 2 months since our file was transferred so we are hoping for some sort of an update soon. I think we may order our FOSS notes to see exactly why they transferred us. My husband's PR app was started 5 months before the spousal part, which seems very strange to me! I'm trying not to go crazy wondering but sometimes it's difficult!

Anyways, good luck to everyone.  Hopefully your applications are processed quickly!

Posted By: bigfish
Date Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:43am
count me inLOL

-------------
PR+OWP application sent 26 Apr, 2010

received 29 Apr, 2010

started processing on July 14, 2010

Posted By: yulye
Date Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:39pm
Hi Binahblue,

Looks like we're in the same boat...

We sent our application for me to sponsor my common-law partner to Vegreville (inland) on Feb. 11th, and can see from Canada Post that it was signed for on Feb. 15th.  Still, though, we can't log into e-CAS... it just says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided" when we try to log in.

It says on the CIC website that they're only opening applications from October still, though.  I wasn't really worried that I hadn't heard anything until I started reading on the forum today and noticed that others with the same timeline could already log into e-CAS!  We just have to let the waiting game continue...

Best of luck to everyone Smile

-------------
Spouse Sponsorship - Common Law
CIC Vegreville
Application Sent - Feb. 11/2010

Date Posted: 27 May 2010 at 5:44pm
Good to know that we're in the same boat and on the same timeline. :) 

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 6:36pm

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:08am
anyone been able to log on to e-cas yet?? it's been 6 weeks since our package was received (only by notification from canada post, haven't heard a THING from cic yet) and still can't log on... i hope they've not forgotten about us :-/

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 4:51pm
I haven't been able to log in yet, but I'm not yet processing and my package was received Feb 10 of this year (which I also learned of via notification from Canada Post). What I've learned from this forum and others experiences is that there's no sense to how the CIC processes. If you call, you'll be told they're opening packages that have arrived in late October. So... find a new hobby or 3 :) 

-------------
Inland spouse sponsorship
Application sent - Feb 8, 2010
Application processing - May 28, 2010
First stage approval Dec 8, 2010
Decision made - Mar 10, 2011
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:12am
Yikes I thought that they were wrapping up first stage approval for applications sent in late October. They can't possibly only be OPENING applications sent then when FSA is to be expected at around 7 months....

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 6:34am
According to other inland filers' timelines and signatures it looks they open the package 2-3 months after receiving it so some of the people who sent in February could have had their files opened and processing already. People who sent in October are getting their decision made/FSA now. It also looks like some people can log onto e-cas after they start processing.

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 21 Jun 2010 at 3:20pm
Any February filers able to log into e-cas as yet?

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 3:25pm
it's been almost 3 months since they received my application, i still couldn't log into e-case, so I used automatic tel service to check application status today, and they confirmed that they have received my files on 29 apr, no other information, but i think it's still a positive news  

-------------

received 29 Apr, 2010

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 4:54pm
Same here. The telephone system said they received it on May 13. We have a longer wait though since they have slowed down somewhat and added 2 months to the processing times. I think the telephone is more up to date. I remember last year when I applied for my TRV, the call centre rep said they don't have any info about my application. When I tried the automated system, it told me it was received and approved. Same goes for all the study permits and work permits I have applied for/renewed. The automated phone system is more up to date than e-cas it seems.

Originally posted by bigfish bigfish wrote:

it's been almost 3 months since they received my application, i still couldn't log into e-case, so I used automatic tel service to check application status today, and they confirmed that they have received my files on 29 apr, no other information, but i think it's still a positive news  

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:01pm
bigfish and jamaisomal, i'm in between your guys' receival date ( May 5th ) and still nothing. ho hum. what is this automated phone system??

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:13pm

hey newsom, their Call Centre telephone number: 1-888-242‑2100

-------------

received 29 Apr, 2010

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by jamaisomal jamaisomal wrote:

Same here. The telephone system said they received it on May 13. We have a longer wait though since they have slowed down somewhat and added 2 months to the processing times. I think the telephone is more up to date. I remember last year when I applied for my TRV, the call centre rep said they don't have any info about my application. When I tried the automated system, it told me it was received and approved. Same goes for all the study permits and work permits I have applied for/renewed. The automated phone system is more up to date than e-cas it seems. 

yeah, jamaisomal, tel service is more up to date

-------------

received 29 Apr, 2010

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2010 at 8:38pm
i had read somewhere on here that if you phone the call centre, then you're application kind of gets.....delayed? or something? this automated thing isn't the same as that, right? because i don't want my application to get shoved to the bottom of the pile, but i do want to know what's going on.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 8:30am
Checking your status online or on the phone would not slow it down. I think what they are referring to is if your order your CAIPS/FOSS notes during the regular processing timeframes is what would slow it down.

Originally posted by newsom newsom wrote:

i had read somewhere on here that if you phone the call centre, then you're application kind of gets.....delayed? or something? this automated thing isn't the same as that, right? because i don't want my application to get shoved to the bottom of the pile, but i do want to know what's going on.

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2010 at 10:49am
oh i see! well that is helpful, i think i'll give it another month and if we haven't heard anything i suppose i'll give them a call.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:29pm
Apparently my application started processing on May 28. I'm able to log into e-cas. It's a good feeling! Hope we all move along quickly. :)

-------------
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:57am
Any news? When I called this week, they told they are opening applications received up to May 21st. Yay. Any February applicants heard anything or are able to log into E-cas yet?

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:26pm
OK. I am able to log into E-cas as of today! They started processing it on July 22nd.

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:39pm
Hooray! Glad you can log in, too.

-------------
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 12:46pm
OMG, I am able to login too..........they started processing my case on July 14, 2010

thanks Jamaisomal for letting us know

-------------

received 29 Apr, 2010

Posted By: Lisa
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 5:37pm
Hey guys, Im also on this timeline, It wouldnt have been though, see my husband and I got married since May 31st 2009 and sent application through a lawyer, in aug 2009.....unfortunatly my lawyer for some reason or the other said he sent it in at that time but months passed and I heard nothing and he was not giving me any answers he just said to wait. when I was tired of waiting.... April of this year I called cic and they said they have no application for me....I was soooo angry, his excuse was his assistant did not sent in my husband's option c print out and that caused the delay....still he was saying they didnt  return my application and that they called him and told him... I think his assistant didnt send in my application at all...........Angry  anyhow after he sent in the appliaction he finally showed me the tracking details...and it was sent in may 8th 2010 and recieved may 10th 2010....my status finally showed up on Ecas last tuesday and it said my permanant residence app is In Process
We received your application for permanent residence on May 10, 2010.

We started processing your application on July 19, 2010.

We received the requested information on August 13, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

so Im guessing you're asking yourself why did I waited so long to query and why didnt I fire this guy? well I had no Idea about the process and timeline ......it's only after I started looking on the net and reading other applicant's experience on disscussion forum like this one I realised
something might be wrong. and I didnt fire him cause he's working on another case for my husband. All I paid him was The immigration fees and  we made an agreement that his representation fees for my application will come out of settlement suit, he's working on for my husband. and also he had already sent in the application in may so I thought its already in and
and I might as well cut losses and just wait.....

Ya so thats my sh*tty exprience so far...
Good luck to everyone!!!!

-------------
Application sent - May 8, 2010
Application rec'd May 10, 2010
Permanant residence app -In Process Jul 19, 2010
OWP/AIP - Feb 22 2011
Decision Made - May 2nd 2011
Landed - June 21st 2011

Date Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 6:29pm
my eCas got updated: "Medical results have been received. "

almost there...hope the decision made will be next week.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 8:53am
my wife received her application for the Permanent Residence from Canadian Embassy-Manila..it means i got approved in my Inland application under LCP..hope this week ill receive my OWP and approval letter..

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 6:26pm
Yesterday i received a letter from Canadian Embassy-Manila,they sent me a copy of a letter to my wife.

Then this morning i called CIC,i talked to the agent and told me that they sent me a Letter,including my Open Work Permit and Approval letter..i'll just wait this week for the letter..Thank God.

i checked my eCas and still no Decision Made.. weird..

-------------

Posted By: tamtam
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 11:24pm
hi bonjoydave!
I'm a new member and I have send my inland application, may 2010.
can you explain to me, how you have an inland application and you have received letter from canada ambassy in manille. please I want to anderstand, because your Processus is speed and it's very good.
if you are in Montreal, have you received CSQ ? and when?
so, congratulations for your OWP and Approval letter. and excuse me if my english hasn't very good because i speak french  Smile.  

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2010 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by tamtam tamtam wrote:

hi bonjoydave!
I'm a new member and I have send my inland application, may 2010.
can you explain to me, how you have an inland application and you have received letter from canada ambassy in manille. please I want to anderstand, because your Processus is speed and it's very good.
if you are in Montreal, have you received CSQ ? and when?
so, congratulations for your OWP and Approval letter. and excuse me if my english hasn't very good because i speak french  Smile.  

hi tamtam and welcome to the forum.

i received a copy of a letter from Canadian Embassy-Manila.it says that my wife and my son received the application for permanent residence.

i haven't received my CSQ yet.i didnt even received my OWP and approval letter.the agent says they sent it on September 1.maybe tomorrow or next week.i'll keep you posted.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:40pm
So I received 2 letters today..one is my Open Work Permit.and the other is the Approval Letter..Thank God..For now i just have to wait for Quebec to ssend me an application for CSQ..

-------------

Posted By: Ileke-idi
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:36pm
Congrat Bonjoy, I'm so happy people who filed their PR in Feb' under the LCP are beginning to receive their OWP and AIP. But I won't stop wondering why CIC won't move the time from Nov to Feb, since they are on Feb. I applied April and it is gud to know that by next month I might be having mine too. Are you a single applicant plz?

Congrat Bonjoy.

-------------
Hope and pray.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:42pm
i have 2 dependents in the Philippines.

i have a friend from Vancouver who submitted his application in 1st week of January 2010 but up to now he haven't receive anything yet.i dont know if it depends on province?.or maybe depends on officer who holds the papers.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:01pm
Bonjoy just wanna know if you sent your application to vergreville plz ? Thanks

-------------
Hope and pray.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:04pm
That's sad. Maybe you are among the few lucky people on earth...LOL. Thanks

-------------
Hope and pray.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Ileke-idi Ileke-idi wrote:

Bonjoy just wanna know if you sent your application to vergreville plz ? Thanks

yes.sent to vegreville.  im under LCP..how about you?

its all worth the wait.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 3:41pm
I am under the LCP too but I am single applicant. Since you sent ur application to vegreville and it is process faster , i believe I will be luck like you. Thanks

-------------
Hope and pray.

Posted By: sami55
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 8:52pm
all this should be in different topic?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by sami55 sami55 wrote:

all this should be in different topic?

Really ??? Ok !

-------------
Hope and pray.

Date Posted: 17 Sep 2010 at 3:55am
Bonjoydave, congrats!!!

-------------

received 29 Apr, 2010

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:08pm
today I received my Medicare Card..and a Letter from MICC Quebec,it contains Application for Selection Certificate for me and my wife.

Just wondering how come my eCas is still "In Process" though I received my Open Work Permit and Approval Letter last month?Confused

anybody from Quebec?
how long will it take for the first interview after sending the Application Selection Certificate?

Thanks.

-------------

Posted By: matthewc
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by bonjoydave bonjoydave wrote:

Just wondering how come my eCas is still "In Process" though I received my Open Work Permit and Approval Letter last month?Confused

Because your application is still being processed. They don't make a final decision until the admissibility checks are complete, at which point it changes to "Decision Made"... then after you land it changes to "Complete".

-------------
https://ecas.carroll.org.uk - e-CAS Tracker - Get notified when your e-CAS changes

Posted By: geronimo1
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:15pm
You sure are going express... and I thought Quebec was a slower and tougher process... AIP, OWP, Healthcard (wow, as here in Ontario there's a 3 month waiting period to receive it by mail)...
Congrats!. Looks like you'll be the first to land from this thread...

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by matthewc matthewc wrote:

Originally posted by bonjoydave bonjoydave wrote:

Because your application is still being processed. They don't make a final decision until the admissibility checks are complete, at which point it changes to "Decision Made"... then after you land it changes to "Complete".

Thank you.

how come some people i knew had been "Decision Made" before recieving their OWP and Approval Letter?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:20pm
You can't get "Decision Made" before AIP... impossible. As Matthew said, admissibility checks are next...

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by geronimo1 geronimo1 wrote:

You can't get "Decision Made" before AIP... impossible. As Matthew said, admissibility checks are next...

impossible???really???

how come i got an approval letter and open work permit as well??...in addition,my wife also received Application for Permanent Resident?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 9:02pm

You sure are going express... and I thought Quebec was a slower and tougher process... AIP, OWP, Healthcard (wow, as here in Ontario there's a 3 month waiting period to receive it by mail)...
Congrats!. Looks like you'll be the first to land from this thread...

i hope so..thank you..

yup,2years ago they said Quebec Immig. was slow process (my sister experienced it)..but last year some said Quebec's processing had been changed..last year LCP applicants here just waited for their OWP and AIP between 2-4 months...

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 3:39am

AIP letter and OWP will not change your status to "Decision Made" right away. I algo got mine long ago but it was later after about 3 months that it finally changed to DM. And I'm still waiting to become landed.

People tend to think they are on DM status because the details page on e-cas reads "A decision has been made and you will be contacted.". They are only on DM status when it clearly reads that instead of "In Process" in the main page, not in the details page.

Good luck and Vive Le Quebec!, they sure appear to be time efficient..

Date Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 8:15am

AIP letter and OWP will not change your status to "Decision Made" right away. I algo got mine long ago but it was later after about 3 months that it finally changed to DM. And I'm still waiting to become landed.

People tend to think they are on DM status because the details page on e-cas reads "A decision has been made and you will be contacted.". They are only on DM status when it clearly reads that instead of "In Process" in the main page, not in the details page.

Good luck and Vive Le Quebec!, they sure appear to be time efficient..

my eCas is still "In Process".and i don't have "A decision has been made and you will be contacted." yet.. Mine says "Medical Results Received"..

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:04am
Ok. So they're processing up to Feb 9th now. Hopefully we will start seeing more activity with some good news on this thread

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Posted By: komar
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2010 at 5:17pm
Any updates???

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 8:21am
Nothing here yet :(

-------------
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 8:39pm
I received a letter from MICC-Quebec.I will have my 1st interview on December 7.. It's for my Certificate of Selection in Quebec.. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 5:04pm
I actually got a call from immigration last night around 6, the person want to know if I had been working since I  came to Canada and also to confirm my address and my work history before entering Canada.....I was really surprised. oh well at least I know they are working on my case Smile 

-------------
OWP/AIP - Feb 22 2011
Landed - June 21st 2011

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:56pm
do anyone knows if how long will i wait after my first interview (Quebec Selection Interview) to have my landing interview?thanks..

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 11:51am
Lisa, if your applicaton was recieved in May and they are already working on it (thank God for that!), I wonder why it says online in "application processing times" that they are working on application recieved on Feb22???
Also on the automated service over the 1-800#, it said we would hear from them in the first week of Nov but so far nothing! and the reps say in dec or jan. whats going on????

-------------
Application Recieved: 04/29/10
Started Processing: 07/13/10
AIP: 03/03/11
Final Approval: 06/03/11
Landing: 06/21/11

Date Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 4:25pm
Hi Komar,

I think that they are actually completing first stage approval for applications received up to Feb. 22nd. Ours was received May 3rd, so we're hoping for something by mid-february 2011. :-)

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2010 at 8:11pm
Any updates on this thread? They're on February 28 now. getting close!

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2010 at 1:14am
woo hoo march 6th now! i'm getting quite hopeful for hearing about first stage approval by early feb!

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 2:55pm
They are on March 6 for a couple of weeks now. Christmas slowdown has already begun! arghhhhh....

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 1:14am
actually i thought they had a good pace going now! It just changed to March 6th this week, from February 28th....

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 11:28am
Processing upto March9!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:33pm
First stage approval letter received today! 

-------------
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 11:49pm
woo hoo! way to go binahblue! 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 12:33pm
Congrats to binahblue.

Processing upto March19! I wish they would end processing March applications before xmas break.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 10:23pm
i Received my Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ) today...

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 1:59pm
March 28!!! :)

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2010 at 9:34pm

Clapworking on applications received on April 5, 2010:)

-------------
OWP/AIP - Feb 22 2011
Landed - June 21st 2011

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 10:55am
YES!!!

-------------

Posted By: formosa
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 10:35pm
Hi, Bonjoydave,

thank you for sharing news. my case is very similar as yours, ( the timeline is very similar) now I also got CSQ and wait for the very last answer for decision made. It seems that you have received your medicare card, could you kindly let me know what the processure is ? do you know if I can get drive license now? ( since I still use my international drive license)  many thanks for reply. wish you all the best !

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by formosa formosa wrote:

Hi, Bonjoydave,

thank you for sharing news. my case is very similar as yours, ( the timeline is very similar) now I also got CSQ and wait for the very last answer for decision made. It seems that you have received your medicare card, could you kindly let me know what the processure is ? do you know if I can get drive license now? ( since I still use my international drive license)  many thanks for reply. wish you all the best !

thank you!
last week (dec.30) i also received my wife and son's CSQ.. i have my medicare card renewed since septmeber,when i got my Open Work Permit,they didnt look for my Csq,some of cases they will ask for the csq.in your case you can go to Medicare office then you may bring your CSQ to be sure you can renew..

for sure you can get the drivers license..i got mine last September 2009,when i still have Working Permit under LCP.

btw,where you located in quebec?montreal??

-------------

Posted By: formosa
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:21pm
thank you for the reply!

I did not know if I can apply open work permit when I submited my residency application, therefore I am still status of visior. in this case, I don't know I can get either medicard or drive license?  but I just apply open work permit yesterday, maybe by the time, when I get my OWP, then my residency will be done also. ( cross finger !)

just want to know if you bring CSQ to medicare office, how long they will issue the medicare card ? I have heard it will take three months ? it is correct ? also, can you take french lesson with goverment support now ?  thank you again for the info sharing. I am located in Montreal, btw.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 8:39am
Oh boy, E-cas updated today with the magic words... "A decision has been made and you will be contacted." It was only a month since first stage approval - pretty fast. Waiting patiently for news, which I hear comes in the mail. Hoping it's good news!

Here's to our group moving along quickly and with positive results!

-------------
Landed - Mar 21, 2011!

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 2:09pm
way to go binahblue! lets hope for good news! :-D

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 9:36pm
Congrats binahblue I'm sure its good news...keep us posted!Smile

-------------
OWP/AIP - Feb 22 2011
Landed - June 21st 2011

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 10:49pm
It's getting closer for us May applicants! Let's hope for good news and that the processing doesn't slow down anymore

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Posted By: ColorMePanda
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 1:06am
Good luck to all of you. Won't be long until this thread of applicant's is finished up. Best of luck and I hope we all hear good news.

Party   Thumbs Up

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Posted By: jennlv1980
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 8:32pm
Husband arrived in Canada from the US September 2007.

Received Expungement from Superior Court of California on February 20, 2010 for 10-yr-old DUI charge (equivalent to a Canadian Pardon). - No longer deemed inadmissible.

Inland Application Sent April 2010..

Received: April 12, 2010
Application in Process: June 24, 2010  
Request for more information: October 8, 2010
January 10th - First Stage Approval Granted!!!!

..what a long road, looks like we made it :D

Now, on to getting the open work permit and PR.

Posted By: Powerpuff
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:18am
Hi all,
Just joined the site.
Waiting for First Stage Approval,(crossing my fingers!)
Any updates on the dates?
Best of luck to all!

-------------
Received:May 5th 2010
PR application processing started:July 16th 2010
TRV Extension received:25th July 2010
Decision Made: Feb 16th 2011
LANDED: March 29th 2011!!!

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 9:34pm
hey powerpuff, our timelines are just a day shy of each other! they are up to April 9th, so most of us should start hearing FSA within the next month :-)

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 7:30am
Hey there newsom, they actually updated the timeline on the site to April 13, 2010. Just thought you should know that. Wink

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 10:26am
that's awesome! i'm getting pretty excited now!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 6:32pm
Hehe you should be. Won't be too much longer until you hear something. Clap Beer
I have a little over 2 and a half months until I know. Shouldn't be all that nervous but I am feeling it now. Not to mention like everyone else here, the wait is killing me. I think we all deserve a medal and PR for all we have gone through. Don't you agree?

-------------
INLAND!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 6:43pm
Yeah I don't think there is anyway to not be a little nervous. My boyfriend (he's the applicant) says he hardly ever thinks about it because it's "out of his control"! I wish I was so lucky. The wait really is the hardest part and I can't imagine how exciting it will be when all of this is over and we can be a *GASP* normal couple! doing normal couple things! like buying a house and getting married and having babies! 

I'm pretty sure we could all be considered olympic marathon waiters after this. gold medals for everybody!

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 6:54pm
Omg hubby is the same way except I am the applicant. The way my husband thinks is that until you are given a reason to worry then there is no point in worrying. Most days I am okay but days like today, I can't handle it. Ahh...it is definitely a day to day thing for sure. I would like to hope that this waiting is the last hard part of this. I find it funny because a friend of mine is due to have a baby around the same time I should hear some news back. So we are going through the same amount of wait together just different results. I told her, at least she is being given a child out of the 9 months though. Lol.  

I told hubby that I can't wait to be one of those couples who only worries about finances, finding a home, getting a car, going to school, having children, etc. It would be nice to feel "normal" again. And I agree, gold medals for everyone. Woo! Thumbs Up

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: israeli_by_marriage
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 7:29pm
Hi,

Inland
05/01/10 : Application Sent?

My lawyer sent in the application - I am not sure when it was received at CIC.  That is almost 9 months ago I should be hearing from CIC soon, right?

The CIC website says that they are processing aplications received up to April. 17 - so I would say another 2 or 3 weeks until they are processing applications received in the first or second week of May. Does that mean that I will be hearing from CIC in 2 or 3 weeks??

Any help you could give me would be awesome. I am going crazy here.

BTW. my husband came to Canada on a visitor visa and it has since expired (about 2 years ago..)
We are in Alberta and my job wants to send me to Ontario for a month, next month. Is my husband able to fly within Canada (he has a valid Israeli passport) or will he have problems because of the expired Visa.

Has anyone flown in Canada, under the same circumstancs? Did you have any problems?

Thank you!

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by israeli_by_marriage israeli_by_marriage wrote:

Hi,

Inland

05/01/10 : Application Sent?

My lawyer sent in the application - I am not sure when it was received at CIC.  That is almost 9 months ago I should be hearing from CIC soon, right?

The CIC website says that they are processing aplications received up to April. 17 - so I would say another 2 or 3 weeks until they are processing applications received in the first or second week of May. Does that mean that I will be hearing from CIC in 2 or 3 weeks??

Any help you could give me would be awesome. I am going crazy here.

BTW. my husband came to Canada on a visitor visa and it has since expired (about 2 years ago..)

We are in Alberta and my job wants to send me to Ontario for a month, next month. Is my husband able to fly within Canada (he has a valid Israeli passport) or will he have problems because of the expired Visa.

Has anyone flown in Canada, under the same circumstancs? Did you have any problems?

Thank you!

You should be hearing from CIC within the next 2-3 weeks... that is as long as the processing times don't slow down anymore. Normally, one is able to travel within Canada. Because you said his visa expired 2 years ago, I am not even sure if implied status would occur in this case when you sent in your inland application since he would have been outside the 90 days for restoration of status.

I am thinking he should be fine to travel within Canada though but let us hear what other members have to say. If it is at all possible, I would try to avoid traveling until you hear from CIC.

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 10:42pm
Hi guys. They are coming down to the final month of this thread. Anyone have any news to report? Hope we all get good news soon

-------------
Landed April 13th 2011

Posted By: colettebaker
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 4:05pm
Hello all
I have just joined and thought I would add my timeline.
I entered Canada 10 Jul 2010.
We filled in our paperwork and posted it 6 Oct 2010.
Have not heard a thing as yet. I need to check my postage slip to see when it was signed for etc.
Also extended my stay but only till May 2011 so will have to re-do that one.
When do I start panicking. I checked the immigration time-lines on the website and notice that they have increased the waiting period.Confused

Posted By: israeli_by_marriage
Date Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 8:25pm
Hi,

I was wondering if it was unusual to have heard little to nothing about my application in ~9 months.

I hired a lawyer and I would say that the application was sent to CIC around 05/10 but I am not sure of the exact day CIC received it.

I have never accessed ECAS because I do not have an application number. I have based the timeline on the CIC website. I am hoping to hear something in the next 2-3 weeks.

I am just paranoid because my lawyer is not returning any e-mails and I have not been about to contact him by phone. The last time I e-mailed him was in November.

I was just wondering if it was normal to not hear anything from CIC for ~9 months..

Thanks..

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:10am
Hmm that does seem strange. I was able to log into my e-Cas about 3 months after my application was received. Have you thought about calling the Call Centre and seeing what's up? If you are interested in calling them, the number is 1-888-242‑2100.

Good luck, I hope you hear something soon. 

Print Page | Close Window