Forum Name: Work Visa
Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24509
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 2:31am

Topic: Work Permit after Post Grad Certificate
Posted By: Shikha98
Subject: Work Permit after Post Grad Certificate
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 1:22pm
Hi I am having 2 years of experience as a software tester and I am planning to do a one year Business Analyst postgrad course in Canada and have few questions regarding the work permit thereafter:

1. Since I get a 1 year Work Permit because my course is of 1 year duration, will employers be keen on hiring such a candidate?

2. What are the requirements for extending the 1 year work permit after that period? Is it too difficult to get it done?

3. Will my certificate course increase my points for applying for a Permanent Residency PR ?

4. What would be the requirements for a PR thereafter?

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 3:10pm
Hi

Originally posted by Shikha98 Shikha98 wrote:

Hi I am having 2 years of experience as a software tester and I am planning to do a one year Business Analyst postgrad course in Canada and have few questions regarding the work permit thereafter:

1. Since I get a 1 year Work Permit because my course is of 1 year duration, will employers be keen on hiring such a candidate?

2. What are the requirements for extending the 1 year work permit after that period? Is it too difficult to get it done?

3. Will my certificate course increase my points for applying for a Permanent Residency PR ?

4. What would be the requirements for a PR thereafter?

1. Some employers may not be too anxious to hire, knowing that you will only be there for 1 year or less.
2. An employer would have to obtain an LMIA (proving no PRs/Citizens) available for the position, again a lot of employers don't want to go the expense of advertising and interview candidates, and proving to ESDC that none, except you are qualified. If you don't get an approved LMIA, then that it is it.
3. Yes, you would get additional points for studying in Canada.
4. Start by reading http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp to get an idea of the various programs available for skilled workers and PNP applicants.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window