Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 3:23pm

Topic: live in caregiver work permit extention
Posted By: fregrance
Subject: live in caregiver work permit extention
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:12am
Hi,
I need to extend my live in caregiver work permit soon,
but my previous LMO is expired.

Do I need to get a new LMO when I extend work permit, even though I work for same employer?

Replies:
Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by fregrance fregrance wrote:

Hi, I need to extend my live in caregiver work permit soon,but my previous LMO is expired.Do I need to get a new LMO when I extend work permit, even though I work for same employer?

If it's with the same employer you don't need a LMO but you need an updated job contract.

-------------
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:15pm
Thank you for your answer.

I was confused, because some people said we need to get new LMO even with the same employer for extending work permit if previous LMO is expired. some said we don't need.

I was searching information about it and one thing makes me confused again.....

I found in CIC guide (for applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada), it says

"The HRSDC confirmation is typically given for a specific period of time, and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will therefore likely require a new opinion from HRSDC."

Does that mean I need to get new LMO?

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 4:10pm

Thank you for your answer.I was confused, because some people said we need to get new LMO even with the same employer for extending work permit if previous LMO is expired. some said we don't need.I was searching information about it and one thing makes me confused again.....I found in CIC guide (for applying to change conditions or extend your stay in Canada), it says"The HRSDC confirmation is typically given for a specific period of time, and the work permit will be issued to coincide with this period. Renewal of a work permit beyond the specified period will therefore likely require a new opinion from HRSDC."Does that mean I need to get new LMO?

Here's a post from another forum:

Re: extension of work permit
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:42:25 am »
     Reply with quoteQuote
I phoned CIC and was assured that an LMO was not required for a caregiver extension. I asked and received an email confirmation that an LMO was not required. My caregiver's one year permit expires on May 13th 2010 and he submitted his request for a 2 year extension last week without an LMO because the process time is now 86 days..

-------------
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."

Posted By: ruval
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
Hi, Are you sure that we do not need LMO to apply for extension under caregiver prog. I came to Canada in january 2010 and my visa and Work permit will expire on 31st dec 2010. I wanted to apply for extension. So what do i need to send to Alberta with application for extending my stay, updated contract, Copy of passport and marriage certificate and Processing Fees. 
My previous LMO was expired even before getting visa. Still after that i got the visa , but Now do i need the LMO for extension. Some agencies says yes, Some said no ....:( Please inform what happened with with your caregiver , Does he get the extension without LMO? 

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 2:02am
If it's with the same employer, you need a letter and a new contract from him/her. No need for a new LMO.

Issuance or renewal of work permits in Canada Work permits are issued for one year at a time. Live-in caregivers must apply to CPC-V for a renewal of their work permit before it expires. They may change employers but must apply for a new work permit, with a validated job offer and a new employment contract. If the caregiver continues to work for the same employer, there is no need for a new validation. A letter from the employer stating that the live-in caregiver will continue to be employed full time for another year is sufficient. The employer and caregiver must also extend their employment contract for another year. Live-in caregivers must continue to meet the requirements of the LCP

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip04-eng.pdf Item 5.3

Originally posted by ruval ruval wrote:

Hi, Are you sure that we do not need LMO to apply for extension under caregiver prog. I came to Canada in january 2010 and my visa and Work permit will expire on 31st dec 2010. I wanted to apply for extension. So what do i need to send to Alberta with application for extending my stay, updated contract, Copy of passport and marriage certificate and Processing Fees. 
My previous LMO was expired even before getting visa. Still after that i got the visa , but Now do i need the LMO for extension. Some agencies says yes, Some said no ....:( Please inform what happened with with your caregiver , Does he get the extension without LMO? 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 10:45am
Smile Thanks for your reply :)

But the link you have provided for the live in caregiver manuals is of last year which shows that it Caregiver needs to complete two years of employement in three years where as  its now four years ! Do you have a link for updated manual ! ( That is Old manual)

I could not get a proper sleep becouse of this confusion that either I need a new/valid LMO to apply for an extension or not? I contacted so many agencies , all are giving diffrent statements.

BTW, What kind of letter do I need from my employer and what he should write in that !!! He has no idea exectly what to write in that. Can you send me a sample at mailto:ruvaldhillo[email protected] - [email protected]

And do i need to send them the copy of previous LMO which was expired before getting visa even for the goverment records.

Any additional document and where i can submitt the fee for processing.

Sorry for too many questions.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 7:44pm
Hi, did ur caregiver got extension without LMO??? His wp was aboutto expie inmay 2010 and u mentioned that he applied in jan 2010 for extension so what happned?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 8:02pm
Hello, What date we should write to start in updated contract  attach with application for extension? Should it be like already working or a adte on which work permit will expires? Like if the work permit expires on 31st dec and visa also on the same date, then what date we should write in contract ?

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 10:51pm
CIC has not updated the Operating Manuals. Letter should specify that the employer still needs the services of the caregiver. Add an updated contract. You need not specify a date; mention another year more or year and a half to make sure you have time for the processing of your OWP.

Hello, What date we should write to start in updated contract  attach with application for extension? Should it be like already working or a adte on which work permit will expires? Like if the work permit expires on 31st dec and visa also on the same date, then what date we should write in contract ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 12:58pm
HI,

As i have a single entry work visa under LCP, issued by canadian embassy in my home country. Which will expire this year and on the same date my work permit issued at toronto airport will also expires, So in case if i extend my work permit with the same employer and get an extension, would i be allowed to re-enter canada after my vications in home country.I means with the extension do I get visa to renter? Or I will not be able to renter if i go for vication.On this current one year work permit they have mention that not authorise to study or work for any other employer other then stated and does not authorise re-entry. So on the new extension with the same employer can i get permission to re enter ?  

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 8:06pm
Hi

HI,

As i have a single entry work visa under LCP, issued by canadian embassy in my home country. Which will expire this year and on the same date my work permit issued at toronto airport will also expires, So in case if i extend my work permit with the same employer and get an extension, would i be allowed to re-enter canada after my vications in home country.I means with the extension do I get visa to renter? Or I will not be able to renter if i go for vication.On this current one year work permit they have mention that not authorise to study or work for any other employer other then stated and does not authorise re-entry. So on the new extension with the same employer can i get permission to re enter ?  

No. once you have your work permit extended, then apply for a new TRV through one of the Canadian offices in the US.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:06pm

HI,

My employer has given the letter which is like this,Please read and reply if its ok.

Dear Officer,

This letter is to inform you, that Ms. XXX, came to Canada in March 2010 to work for us under the Live in Caregiver Program and since then she is working for us on full time basis.  Her current work permit will expire in dec 2010

As she is a perfect fit for our family and a great help during our busy careers, so we have renewed the work contract for another 2 years with Ms. XXX. Therefore, we request you to kindly extend her work permit till December 2012. So that she can continue to work for us on full time basis.

We comply with all the federal and provincial labour laws and regulations. Please refer to the details of the job offer in the attached Work Contract.

Thank you in advance. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact at
THANKS

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 11:56pm
That should be okay but execute a new contract, specifying the work hours, job responsibilities, days off etc or, add in the letter that the renewal be on the same conditions as the previous one.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">HI,

My employer has given the letter which is like this,Please read and reply if its ok.

Dear Officer,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">This letter is to inform you, that Ms. XXX, came to Canada in March 2010 to work for us under the Live in Caregiver Program and since then she is working for us on full time basis. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> Her current work permit will expire in dec 2010</SPAN></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">As she is a perfect fit for our family and a great help during our busy careers, so we have renewed the work contract for another 2 years with Ms. XXX. Therefore, we request you to kindly extend her work permit till December 2012. So that she can continue to work for us on full time basis. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 11pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">We comply with all the federal and provincial labour laws and regulations. Please refer to the details of the job offer in the attached Work Contract. <o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'; LETTER-SPACING: -0.25pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: HI">Thank you in advance. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact at

THANKS</SPAN>

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 8:03pm
Terms and conditions of the job, duties and working hours are the same and are clearly mentioned in  the work contract including days off etc. Just they have raised the salary as per curent wage rate. They will give the new contact . So would that be fine ! 

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:38pm

Terms and conditions of the job, duties and working hours are the same and are clearly mentioned in  the work contract including days off etc. Just they have raised the salary as per curent wage rate. They will give the new contact . So would that be fine ! 

Yup.... if you have an updated contract and a letter from your employer then you can send your WP app to CPC-V. All the best.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:32am
Thank you so much for all your support !!!

I have just noticed that i my previous contract it was written that :

6.      Length of Contract

The duration of this employment Contract is for 2 years, and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis. The commencement date of the placement will be upon the Caregiver’s arrival into the Employer’s home, following the issuance of the Caregiver’s Work Permit. "

So my commencement date statred in march as i cam here in march 2010.and got stay for 9 months only till dec 2010, so do we need still the updated contract, Or just the request for extension will do becaouse duration of contract stared after my arrivial in employers house and wp expires in dec. so in this way i have a valid job offer till march 2012  , just the Work permit stay wll expire in dec 2010? Or its fine to update the contact.

thanks

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:39am
In the updated contract length of contract is like :

6.           Duration of Contract

The duration of this Work Contract shall be for 24 months and following the issuance of caregiver’s extended work permit and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis thereafter."

So will this clarify to immigration office that 24 months of new job offer will start in december this years ,after the extension of work permit.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:36am
Why were you given a WP valid for only 9 months? I thought minimum is one year (some have had two years valid WP).

Thank you so much for all your support !!!

I have just noticed that i my previous contract it was written that :

<H2 style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt; TEXT-INDENT: -18pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list 18.0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman"><SPAN style="mso-list: Ignore">6.<SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman'">      </SPAN></SPAN>Length of Contract </H2>
<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </o:p></SPAN>

<P =MsoTextIndent style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>The duration of this employment Contract is for 2 years, and may be extended if mutually agreed to by both the Employer and the Caregiver on an annual basis. The commencement date of the placement will be upon the Caregiver’s arrival into the Employer’s home, following the issuance of the Caregiver’s Work Permit. "

So my commencement date statred in march as i cam here in march 2010.and got stay for 9 months only till dec 2010, so do we need still the updated contract, Or just the request for extension will do becaouse duration of contract stared after my arrivial in employers house and wp expires in dec. so in this way i have a valid job offer till march 2012  , just the Work permit stay wll expire in dec 2010? Or its fine to update the contact.

thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 9:43am

My case is like this,

I filed my application in may 2006 under LCP in my home country india, I got an interview call in dec 2009 and on 18th dec 2009 i got my single entry visa valid till 31st dec 2010. I came to canada in march 2010 after my wedding which was scheduled since october 2009 and in march when i came here immigration officer gave me work permit valid till 31st dec 2010. My work permit and visa will expire on the same day. At the airport immigration officer told me to apply for an extension in september if my employer want to continue. They might have though that my application already took 3.5 years to process and might my employers doesnt need me now! Although the validity of my passport is till Oct 2018 (valid for 10 years). So what should i do !!! Apply for extension within the same procedure or just send the employers letter with application to extend the workpermit without new contract? And what about the lenght of contract ,according to my previous contract length of contract is two years and the date of commencement starts after my arrival in my employers house but my work permit is valid valid till dec 2010. So do we need to make a new contract or what we should do ! Can you send me your contact number where i can contact you!
Thank you.
Best regards.

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:01pm
Apply for your WP then when you have the WP send in your app for TRV at either Buffalo or Seattle. Your WP was co-terminus with your TRV.

My case is like this,

I filed my application in may 2006 under LCP in my home country india, I got an interview call in dec 2009 and on 18th dec 2009 i got my single entry visa valid till 31st dec 2010. I came to canada in march 2010 after my wedding which was scheduled since october 2009 and in march when i came here immigration officer gave me work permit valid till 31st dec 2010. My work permit and visa will expire on the same day. At the airport immigration officer told me to apply for an extension in september if my employer want to continue. They might have though that my application already took 3.5 years to process and might my employers doesnt need me now! Although the validity of my passport is till Oct 2018 (valid for 10 years). So what should i do !!! Apply for extension within the same procedure or just send the employers letter with application to extend the workpermit without new contract? And what about the lenght of contract ,according to my previous contract length of contract is two years and the date of commencement starts after my arrival in my employers house but my work permit is valid valid till dec 2010. So do we need to make a new contract or what we should do ! Can you send me your contact number where i can contact you!

Thank you.

Best regards.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:13pm
So you mean , i should send a new contract and letter from employer and copies of passport & current work permit , marriage certificate and relevent fee to alberta, as I am applying with same employer do i need the new LMO again  as the previous one expired before i got visa? As far as TRV is concerned that  i want to apply after getting the approval to stay in canada after december. Please reply about LMO.

Thank you

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:21pm

And also clarifiy that if need to go through the whole procedure to apply for work premit as you are syingto apply for wp, like advertisement , then LMO and then application to alberta for a new work permit with  the same employer! My employer doesnt want to apply for LMO again !

Date Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 11:26pm
No need for new LMO; you only need to send copies of your passport (bio page and marked pages), current work permit (copy), employer's letter and contract and fees.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1249E.PDF application form

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.PDF checklist

So you mean , i should send a new contract and letter from employer and copies of passport & current work permit , marriage certificate and relevent fee to alberta, as I am applying with same employer do i need the new LMO again  as the previous one expired before i got visa? As far as TRV is concerned that  i want to apply after getting the approval to stay in canada after december. Please reply about LMO.

Thank you

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"> 

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 9:37am
I dont know who you are, But you have helped me a lot with your answers,Thank you so much.

Now, I have collected my new contract ,Letter from my employer, copies of passport and current work permit, My marriage certificate (as I got married after getting my visa so the immigration dept is not aware about that till now!) Fee recipt, Copy of previous LMO.So its ready to go now ! Anything else?BTW, How much time they will take to extend my work permit?

Thank you so very much !God bless you !!!

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 12:28am
Processing for same employer is 62 days as per the CIC website. Print a copy of the checklist and make sure you have the needed documents. All the best.

I dont know who you are, But you have helped me a lot with your answers,Thank you so much.

Now, I have collected my new contract ,Letter from my employer, copies of passport and current work permit, My marriage certificate (as I got married after getting my visa so the immigration dept is not aware about that till now!) Fee recipt, Copy of previous LMO.So its ready to go now ! Anything else?BTW, How much time they will take to extend my work permit?

Thank you so very much !God bless you !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 9:27am
my employer gave me the letter,printed on a plain white paper and signed it, Would that work!

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 4:42pm

my employer gave me the letter,printed on a plain white paper and signed it, Would that work!

Yup, that's all that's needed, signed letter.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 11:05pm
Hi, I have posted my papers two weeks ago and i think they should process it in october. Secondly my employer is deducting my taxes every two weeks, but sending to the CRA after two months or three months when he gets time, he is giving me paystub and net pay in cash, Her delay in sending taxes to CRA can effect my case some how when i will file PR? In hand i just have one proof that i am working is my paystubs. They pay salary in cash after deduction, no cheque so i can't get any photocopy of chequess as proof that they have paid salary. but the taxes they deduct , they send to CRa after two three month when they are free. Will it be fine?

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:47am
Keep your pay stubs. I can not remember the actual number of days when your employer should be sending in the actual tax payments in your behalf but you have your pay stubs as proof that you have worked for so many hours for a particular month, and taxes, insurance and the like had been withheld. I just checked from CRA website. Your employer is probably eligible to remit on a quarterly basis.

Hi, I have posted my papers two weeks ago and i think they should process it in october. Secondly my employer is deducting my taxes every two weeks, but sending to the CRA after two months or three months when he gets time, he is giving me paystub and net pay in cash, Her delay in sending taxes to CRA can effect my case some how when i will file PR? In hand i just have one proof that i am working is my paystubs. They pay salary in cash after deduction, no cheque so i can't get any photocopy of chequess as proof that they have paid salary. but the taxes they deduct , they send to CRa after two three month when they are free. Will it be fine?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 1:43pm
Thanks for your reply, I would be thankful if can tell that when i should expect the decision on my application for extension and for how long they may extend, somebody said that they should extend the WP for next three years. Earlier i had only one year visa and 9 months work permit from march 2010 to dec 2010. So for how long do u expect they will extend. Although my employer has mention in her letter to extend that till dec 2012. I mean for two years. CIc recived my application on 13th Sept as per canadapost website. So when should i get the acknowledgement reciept or will they just send the decision?

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 2:12pm
Usually length of WP depends upon the duration of the contract/LMO.

Thanks for your reply, I would be thankful if can tell that when i should expect the decision on my application for extension and for how long they may extend, somebody said that they should extend the WP for next three years. Earlier i had only one year visa and 9 months work permit from march 2010 to dec 2010. So for how long do u expect they will extend. Although my employer has mention in her letter to extend that till dec 2012. I mean for two years. CIc recived my application on 13th Sept as per canadapost website. So when should i get the acknowledgement reciept or will they just send the decision?

-------------

Posted By: wangjn163
Date Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 2:23pm
Hi !How are you.I live in ontario.I want to know if your caregiver get her new work permit?Because I want to extend my work permit according to your caregiver rules.but my emplyer don not know how to write  new job offer .so please give me a sample according to your caregiver .Thanks a lot ! 

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 11:08pm
You don't need a new job offer, just a letter from your employer that she still needs your services. Also sign a new contract with her.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/LCP-sample_contract.pdf - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/LCP-sample_contract.pdf

Originally posted by wangjn163 wangjn163 wrote:

Hi !How are you.I live in ontario.I want to know if your caregiver get her new work permit?Because I want to extend my work permit according to your caregiver rules.but my emplyer don not know how to write  new job offer .so please give me a sample according to your caregiver .Thanks a lot ! 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:08am
Thanks for your reply. I have another question.My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. so if begin date of my new work permit application is  9th April 2011 .my new contract duration is 2years. so if end date  of my new work permit application is  9th April 2013. And how  to choose employer letter in IMM5556E checklist .I mean which one should I choose .

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 1:35am
Sorry did not quite understand your question. Imm 5556E is the document checklist. Provide your new contract and a letter from your employer stating that they are renewing your services for another two years. Don't place dates; you don't know when you'll be granted the extension. Place 2 years on the duration of the contract if that is how long your employer will need you. You can place the date of when you signed the contract though. Send your application two to three months prior to the expiry of your current work permit considering it now takes 76 days (2 and 1/2 months) to process work permit for same employer.

Thanks for your reply. I have another question.My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. so if begin date of my new work permit application is  9th April 2011 .my new contract duration is 2years. so if end date  of my new work permit application is  9th April 2013. And how  to choose employer letter in IMM5556E checklist .I mean which one should I choose .

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 8:02am
sorry ,give you much trouble. I mean what time should I extend my stay in canada until ?for example year/month/date.  The duration of my new contract is 2 years .My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. Can I  extend my stay in canada until 9th April 2013?

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 11:55am
Depends upon the length of your contract and the duration of the WP that will be issued.

sorry ,give you much trouble. I mean what time should I extend my stay in canada until ?for example year/month/date.  The duration of my new contract is 2 years .My old work permit will expire 9th April 2011. Can I  extend my stay in canada until 9th April 2013?

-------------

Posted By: Ingrid
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 7:20pm
If you find yourself wanting to go to USA then you can find good jobs on www.callseniorcare.com - I found plenty of jobs there and for sure there is a shortage of these kind of workers in USA.
You have to enter legally , and pass the certification tests and so forth, but it is really worth it to try.
Good luck.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 10:20pm
hi ,I called cic service phone number ,offlicer told me that I need a new job offer letter from employer.but I don not know what is new job offer letter from employer. I guess that is same as job offer ,right?Please give me answer and kindly give me a sample of  job offer letter from employer.Thanks a lot in advance.My email is mailto:[email protected] - [email protected]  

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 1:36am
If you are renewing your work permit with the same employer, you only need a new contract from your current employer. Send your application together with copy of your current work permit, fee payment, bio page of your passport, and marked page when you entered Canada.

Ooooppppsss. Also a letter from your employer:

Dear Officer:

This is to inform you that I still need the services of (your name) for another (xxx) more years.

Truly yours,
(your employer's name)

Another edit:
Job Contract template for live in caregiver can be found at the website of service Canada.

hi ,I called cic service phone number ,offlicer told me that I need a new job offer letter from employer.but I don not know what is new job offer letter from employer. I guess that is same as job offer ,right?Please give me answer and kindly give me a sample of  job offer letter from employer.Thanks a lot in advance.My email is mailto:[email protected] - [COLOR=#990000 - [email protected][/COLOR -  

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 8:44pm
Hi ,Thank you very much .I also have another question. The employer shall be entitled to _____number of paid or unpaid health break_____minutes in the contract .How to write it according to Ontario laws?My empliyer don not know .please tell me .Thank you in advance.

Posted By: khalsayogi
Date Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 9:24pm

Hi

I need your help. Please guide me... my work permit as a live in caregiver has been expired and I applied for work permit extension 2 month before expire date of my work permit...i filled the application and attached employer letter, bank statement, and fee slip, that’s it..As my employer told me to do so I trust my employer and send application....but later on I get know that I should need to attach more document as passport copy...old work permit and contract. Today 77 day has been passed to apply...processing time is 82 days...I want to know...what should i do? Should I send this document now? Or should I wait for their decision

-------------
waheguru

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:27pm
How much paid break is she giving you. Normally it is 30 minutes paid break per day; 1 hour unpaid break. So you decide.

Hi ,Thank you very much .I also have another question. The employer shall be entitled to _____number of paid or unpaid health break_____minutes in the contract .How to write it according to Ontario laws?My empliyer don not know .please tell me .Thank you in advance.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 11:29pm
You fax the needed documents and ask them to attach it to your application. There is a document checklist at the cic website.

Originally posted by khalsayogi khalsayogi wrote:

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Hi

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>I need your help. Please guide me... my work permit as a live in caregiver has been expired and I applied for work permit extension 2 month before expire date of my work permit...i filled the application and attached employer letter, bank statement, and fee slip, that’s it..As my employer told me to do so I trust my employer and send application....but later on I get know that I should need to attach more document as passport copy...old work permit and contract. Today 77 day has been passed to apply...processing time is 82 days...I want to know...what should i do? Should I send this document now? Or should I wait for their decision

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 10:58pm
I just checked processing time to get a permanent resident status after working for live-in cargiver.
It will take 25 months !! Before it was said taking 6 month. What is going on?
I can not believe taking 2 years to get the PR, I am shocked.
Does anybody know how much time exactly take or took ?

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 11:40pm
Where is it mentioned that it would take 25 months to get PR?

I just checked processing time to get a permanent resident status after working for live-in cargiver.It will take 25 months !! Before it was said taking 6 month. What is going on?I can not believe taking 2 years to get the PR, I am shocked.Does anybody know how much time exactly take or took ?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:07am
I found it on CIC site, go to the processing time check page, and click on live-in caregiver.

Posted By: xtalj
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:48am
Yeah, me too, I found it on cic website, and it's only 3 months, the processing time was changed to 11+15months from previous 6+6months. I am so fastrated! But I doubt there might be a mistake, 15 months in total would be more reasonable. My friend got her PR  in Aug 2010 after 1 year sending the application.

Date Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 12:54am
Yeah, I can understand your frustration. Let's pray they fast track the applications soon. Probably a bit of a backlog of applicants because they changed some of the requirements recently.

Originally posted by xtalj xtalj wrote:

Yeah, me too, I found it on cic website, and it's only 3 months, the processing time was changed to 11+15months from previous 6+6months. I am so fastrated! But I doubt there might be a mistake, 15 months in total would be more reasonable. My friend got her PR  in Aug 2010 after 1 year sending the application.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2010 at 1:56pm
How much money at least I should have in my bank (bank statement that is going to immigration) when I apply for live-in caregiver work permit extension?

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 6:49am
There's no specific amount you have to show since you'd be working and you'd be sending a copy of your contract to show how you'd be receiving.

How much money at least I should have in my bank (bank statement that is going to immigration) when I apply for live-in caregiver work permit extension?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 11:08am
Hi!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!!
 I have got my extended work permit document yesterday !!! I am really Happy!!!

Thank you so much !

Now, As I told you that I had only single entry visa to enter canada and I have taken that entery when i originally entered here, But due to some reason I want to go to back to my home country for couple of weeks. So I need a visa to come back to canada. What should I do before going? Last time you suggested to send an application for a canada visa at buffalo from canada. So do i need to send them the application and original passport through a registered mail ? And how I can pay the fees to them?
Please reply and thanks once again for your help !!!
God bless u !

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 12:18pm
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx

If you are in Canada with a temporary work permit and need to apply for a TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA to travel abroad, please provide:
* A photocopy of your current permit and     
* A letter from your employer or other proof of current employment.

We will accept:

* Money Order
    * Cashier’s Cheque
    * Certified Cheque
    * Bank Draft

Hi!!!Thank you so much for your help!!! I have got my extended work permit document yesterday !!! I am really Happy!!! Thank you so much !Now, As I told you that I had only single entry visa to enter canada and I have taken that entery when i originally entered here, But due to some reason I want to go to back to my home country for couple of weeks. So I need a visa to come back to canada. What should I do before going? Last time you suggested to send an application for a canada visa at buffalo from canada. So do i need to send them the application and original passport through a registered mail ? And how I can pay the fees to them? Please reply and thanks once again for your help !!!God bless u !

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 2:55pm
Can we get the drafts fron the CAnada TD Bank or any other bank within canada?

With the copy of current permit and employers letter what kind of employement proof we can send? Copy of pay cheques or pay stubs? Do I need to send  them my bank account statement?

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:33am
There were no specific instructions on which bank to get the bank draft/money order, so I am assuming it is okay to get them from any bank in Canada.

Copy of work permit and letter from employer is what was listed. See what other applicable documents are asked for on the document checklist.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.PDF

Can we get the drafts fron the CAnada TD Bank or any other bank within canada?

With the copy of current permit and employers letter what kind of employement proof we can send? Copy of pay cheques or pay stubs? Do I need to send  them my bank account statement?

-------------

Posted By: khalsayogi
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 6:39am
hi ruval....how are you....
ruval can u please tell me when did u sbmit your work permit extention file ,,and how many days they took to send new work permit ...because i sent my workpermit extention file on 19 aug and it delivered on 24 aug. still i didn't receive...hmmmmm..little bit worried thay is why i want to know...

-------------
waheguru

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 12:38pm
hi ,job_seeker,how are you today.I need your help for some questions .
My workday is 35hr per week in contract.but acturally I am working for 40hr/week,also my employer handled my tax according to 40hr/week now.Can I supply my immigrate application according to 3900hr in 22 months under live-in caregiver program?If I can,what is mean of 22 months?I guess that is 22 months taxes,right? Will I  wait for 26 months or 15 months for my last interview after I send my application ?Because I saw processing time is 11+15 in CIC website.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 3:22pm
Please help me, anyone who tried caregiver extension.

On application form;

D-my request:
I want to ------

I ticked the box on "extend my stay in Canada Until", then need to fill the date.
If I am extending 2 more years, should I just write the date after 2 more years from the old work permit expires?

And also, how should I write down underneath on "for the following reasons (give complete details)"

Thanks in advance!!!

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2010 at 12:47am
You'd have to check your pay stubs if the total number of hours you worked is 3900. Note that only 390 overtime hours count toward the 3900 hours.

<DIV =msg>hi ,job_seeker,how are you today.I need your help for some questions .
My workday is 35hr per week in contract.but acturally I am working for 40hr/week,also my employer handled my tax according to 40hr/week now.Can I supply my immigrate application according to 3900hr in 22 months under live-in caregiver program?If I can,what is mean of 22 months?I guess that is 22 months taxes,right? Will I  wait for 26 months or 15 months for my last interview after I send my application ?Because I saw processing time is 11+15 in CIC website.

Thanks a lot in advance.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 11:20pm
I understood that I don't need a new LMO if the extension is for the same employer.
Btw, I have a question.
Do I have to send the old LMO (expired 8 months ago) with my application?

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 12:32am
No, only the new contract and letter from your employer plus the other documents- old or expiring WP, Canadian-entry-marked pages of your passport, bio page of passport, app form, doc checklist and fee.

I understood that I don't need a new LMO if the extension is for the same employer.Btw, I have a question.Do I have to send the old LMO (expired 8 months ago) with my application?

-------------

Posted By: Harpreet
Date Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 5:11pm
Hi !

As an employer we have hired a live in nanny in November 2010 and she is already in canada and working for her first employer since march 2010. Her work permit and her Canada's single entry visa was valid till Dec 31st 2010. She applied for work permit extension in Sept 2010 and she got that extension till Jun2 2014.

Now, we have applied for her LMO which is under process and we received the call from HRSDC Officer yesterday, but they have not given the decision yet. So I am expecting that LMO Officer will issue the LMO in couple of days. On the other hand our future nanny has applied for multiple entry TRV at buffalo on last Monday with the letter from her current employer and her passport. USA Visa office has received her application today. Acc to CIC website, USA buffalo visa center takes 21 business days for their decision on TRV applications. So It means ,she will be getting her Passport and visa in last week of January 2011.

But As we have received the call from HRSDC office yesterday and we are assuming that we will get the LMO in couple of days or let say with in a week. Can our future nanny send her application to Alberta to transfer her work permit in our name where as her TRV application is in process with CIC at Buffalo visa center in USA? Or can she apply for work permit transfer simultaneously with the TRV application with her current employer?
Waiting for your reply .
thanks

-------------
Harpreet

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 7:01pm
Hi can i get a reply now for my questions asked on dec 23rd 2010

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 12:17pm
Can't a find your post dated dec. 23. Did you post it on this thread?

Hi can i get a reply now for my questions asked on dec 23rd 2010

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 2:53pm
I  have  checked  payroll stubs given CRA every month .I am sure  the total number of hours I worked is 40hours/week.  That is not same as contract.
so You mean  taxes was not contact with my contract .I am only according payroll stubs to count 3900 hours ,right ?when supply immigrate files ,what should I do ?
also I live in ontario ,Does overtime hours mean my working time over 40hours /week?

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:52pm
Hi !

As an employer we have hired a live in nanny in November 2010 and she is already in canada and working for her first employer since march 2010. Her work permit and her Canada's single entry visa was valid till Dec 31st 2010. She applied for work permit extension in Sept 2010 and she got that extension till Jun2 2014.

Now, we have applied for her LMO which is under process and we received the call from HRSDC Officer yesterday, but they have not given the decision yet. So I am expecting that LMO Officer will issue the LMO in couple of days. On the other hand our future nanny has applied for multiple entry TRV at buffalo on last Monday with the letter from her current employer and her passport. USA Visa office has received her application today. Acc to CIC website, USA buffalo visa center takes 21 business days for their decision on TRV applications. So It means ,she will be getting her Passport and visa in last week of January 2011.

But As we have received the call from HRSDC office yesterday and we are assuming that we will get the LMO in couple of days or let say with in a week. Can our future nanny send her application to Alberta to transfer her work permit in our name where as her TRV application is in process with CIC at Buffalo visa center in USA? Or can she apply for work permit transfer simultaneously with the TRV application with her current employer?
Waiting for your reply .
thanks

-------------
Harpreet

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 12:48pm
You caregiver needs to wait for her passport before sending in the application for the new work permit. She would need copies of the bio page, entries to Canada from the passport as part of the attachments/documents to send for the WP app.

Originally posted by Harpreet Harpreet wrote:

Hi !

Waiting for your reply .
thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 12:56pm
If you are sure that you have completed the required number of hours then by all means send in your PR/OWP app.

Note that the documents that have to be attached with the PR app has changed in Sept 2010. Make sure that you have all docs.

I  have  checked  payroll stubs given CRA every month .I am sure  the total number of hours I worked is 40hours/week.  That is not same as contract.so You mean  taxes was not contact with my contract .I am only according payroll stubs to count 3900 hours ,right ?when supply immigrate files ,what should I do ?
also I live in ontario ,Does overtime hours mean my working time over 40hours /week?
<TABLE width="99%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD =BBquote></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 1:00pm
She already has a copy of her passport so even then she should waite?

-------------
Harpreet

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 5:21pm
Hi,,
 i wanted to know that if a nanny completes her 3900 hrs in just 19 months can she apply for PR or she will have to complete at least 22 months if she wantsto apply for PR before 24 months?

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 10:54pm
It would have to be 22 months

Hi,, i wanted to know that if a nanny completes her 3900 hrs in just 19 months can she apply for PR or she will have to complete at least 22 months if she wantsto apply for PR before 24 months?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 5:11pm
Hi ,

I just got my multiple entry visa from buffalo to re-enter canada if i go to my home country for vacations. Do i need anything else except buying a ticket. IS there any other formality?

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 5:14pm
Hi

Hi ,I just got my multiple entry visa from buffalo to re-enter canada if i go to my home country for vacations. Do i need anything else except buying a ticket. IS there any other formality?

No, you are good to go, just ensure you have your work permit with you.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 9:03pm
Hi, First of all thank you for your valuable advice last time.

Secondly, My friends nanny came to canada last year in march and she got 9 month work permit which expired on dec 31st and her passport also expired on the same date. Last year in July She applied in the embassy of India in Toronto to add the name of her spouse and to get another new passport with validity . But since then Indian embassy did not issue her the new passport and said that they have sent her marriage certificate to India to check if it is genuine, Since then she is trying to them again and again.But no luck !!! On last 31dt dec her work permit got expired and passport also which she submitted to Indian embassy.

In august last year, she got a job with my friend's family. He gave her the LMO and she send her application to Alberta including a letter that she has submitted her passport to Indian embassy and as she does not have a copy of passport she will forward the copy to CIC Alberta once she get the renwed passport with the name of her spouse on it. Now on the LMO that my friend gave to her is also going to expire?

Till dec 31st she was working with he same family who sponsored her from india and still now she is staying with them but not working for them,So since dec 31 2010 she is on which status and what she can do until her passport does not come in.And if she continues to work for her first employer, can they send her taxes until her passport doesn't come in. or what she can do?

-------------
Harpreet

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 11:28pm
You need a letter from you employer stating that you're going for a vacation and is going to work for them once you come back to Canada.

Hi ,I just got my multiple entry visa from buffalo to re-enter canada if i go to my home country for vacations. Do i need anything else except buying a ticket. IS there any other formality?

-------------

Posted By: rsara
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:12pm
Hi,

I live in Ontario, Canada, and I am going to hire a Live-in caregiver for my kids from Sri Lanka. I already got the positive LMO from HRDC
My question is,  when my nanny apply for a work permit in Sri Lanaka, does she has to show any money as avaialbe funds to support her self for living in Canada? If so, how much she has to show?

thank you for your help
Sara

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:13pm
Hi,

I live in Ontario, Canada, and I am going to hire a Live-in caregiver for my kids from Sri Lanka. I already got the positive LMO from HRDC
My question is,  when my nanny apply for a work permit in Sri Lanaka, does she has to show any money as avaialbe funds to support her self for living in Canada? If so, how much she has to show?

thank you for your help
Sara

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:45pm
Hi

Originally posted by rsara rsara wrote:

Hi,

thank you for your help

Sara

No, she doesn't as you are responsible for her transportation.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:28pm
Thank you PMM for your reply.
Under this check list for work permit application, it indicates here that they have to show "available funds"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

Thank you,

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:38am
She attach a copy of the contract to show proof of how much she'll be getting from you in terms of salary and other benefits.
Originally posted by rsara rsara wrote:

Thank you PMM for your reply.
Under this check list for work permit application, it indicates here that they have to show "available funds"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5488E.PDF

Thank you,

-------------

Posted By: mannsheron
Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 2:33am
I had applied for LIVE N CARE GIVER in 2007 and got 1 year visa in march-2011
AT the time of application i was single but got married in july 2009 and had already updated my passport . i got visa stamped on my changed passport. but my husband is in a tight fix what should we do. i had mailed CIC in india and they called up and gave the option of visitor visa. but we were working out more options
Open Work Permit/visitor visa or any other secure option in which there is 100% sucess rate

or should we apply for visitor visa and then apply for open work permit from within canada if at all they grant visitor visa.

What should we do

the employer is very cordial and he got no objection in giving invitation letter or any such documnet from his side....

Please guide 

-------------
Regards & thanx

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 2:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by mannsheron mannsheron wrote:

I had applied for LIVE N CARE GIVER in 2007 and got 1 year visa in march-2011
AT the time of application i was single but got married in july 2009 and had already updated my passport . i got visa stamped on my changed passport. but my husband is in a tight fix what should we do. i had mailed CIC in india and they called up and gave the option of visitor visa. but we were working out more options
Open Work Permit/visitor visa or any other secure option in which there is 100% sucess rate
or should we apply for visitor visa and then apply for open work permit from within canada if at all they grant visitor visa.
What should we do
the employer is very cordial and he got no objection in giving invitation letter or any such documnet from his side....
Please guide 

1. If you are working as a Live in Care giver, your spouse is not entitled to an OWP as the LCP job level is not A, B or O in the NOC.
2. It is unlikely that your spouse would be given a TRV as you are a Live in and where would your spouse stay.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 2:09am
THANKS

BUT WHAT IS THE OPTION THEN

AS WE CAN NOT LIVE SEPARATE FOR 3 LONG LONG YEARS

WHAT SHOULD WE DO.

PLEASE GUIDE

-------------
Regards & thanx

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:09am
He can try and apply for a WP as a temporary foreign worker if he qualifies, or you can back out from being a live in caregiver and just stay with him and work in your country of residence.

Originally posted by mannsheron mannsheron wrote:

THANKS BUT WHAT IS THE OPTION THENAS WE CAN NOT LIVE SEPARATE FOR 3 LONG LONG YEARSWHAT SHOULD WE DO.PLEASE GUIDE

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 12:12am
thanx

But when we were asked for medical examination i had mailed embassy about this problem and was not ready for further process if at all the gave negative opinion
they called up and send that my husband will get multiple entry visa so that's why i proceeded with my application. Should we refer this to embassy while application of my husbands visitor visa??

-------------
Regards & thanx

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 12:01am
Hi,,

I am on vacation in my home country since march 20th to till date. Due to some reason my employer has terminated my contract as nanny with them. I do have my valid visa and work permit with me and a letter from my employer for immigration dept issued befor my return that my employer still need me after my return. But when i came to india they terminated my contract.

Would this create any trouble for me on my return to canada.

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 2:46am
How did they terminate your employment? They can not do that considering they let you go on a vacation. Did not your contract with them contain a clause on the termination of contract?

Hi,,

I am on vacation in my home country since march 20th to till date. Due to some reason my employer has terminated my contract as nanny with them. I do have my valid visa and work permit with me and a letter from my employer for immigration dept issued befor my return that my employer still need me after my return. But when i came to india they terminated my contract.

Would this create any trouble for me on my return to canada.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 11:38pm
Hi,

I started working for new employer since feburary 24 2011 and I told them before signing the contract that i will be leaving for india for 5 weeks due to some urgent work from march 20th to 25th april. So they agreed to this.They said that they can help me in these five weeks by giving me 2 weeks vacation pay in advance and three weeks leave of absence. and afterthat i can rejoin them on my return. But on april 8th she sent me a notice of two weeks WHICH I SAW JUST YESTERDAY. I do have my visa and work permit valid till 2014 and their letter issued by them on march 19th  that they still need me on my return on april 25th.

Do you think i can return back safely!

Posted By: kcire
Date Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:34pm
Hi.
My current work permit will be expiring May 2011. I applied to extend my work permit at CIC online. The only document/s they ask me to submit was the copy of my passport. I have an LMO but was expired April 2011. My question is, DO I NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER L.M.O TO EXTEND MY WORK PERMIT UNDER THE SAME EMPLOYER? I tried to call both HRSDC and CIC and they give different answers. So, is LMO a must to extend a work permit? Please help, Im confused. thank you.

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:00am
You need to send a copy of the new contract, a letter from your employer letting them know they still need your services, your passport bio page, marked page of your passport when you entered Canada and your current WP.

Originally posted by kcire kcire wrote:

Hi.
My current work permit will be expiring May 2011. I applied to extend my work permit at CIC online. The only document/s they ask me to submit was the copy of my passport. I have an LMO but was expired April 2011. My question is, DO I NEED TO HAVE ANOTHER L.M.O TO EXTEND MY WORK PERMIT UNDER THE SAME EMPLOYER? I tried to call both HRSDC and CIC and they give different answers. So, is LMO a must to extend a work permit? Please help, Im confused. thank you.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:04pm
Hi job_seeker, thanks for the reply.

I applied to renew/extend my WP online. The thing is the only document they ask is the scanned passport. They did not ask for the job offer or the renewed contract. If they do or was included in the checklist, I can send them since i have them both. I called CIC call center regarding the matter and they said that it was indeed a "glitch" or a technical matter on their part. In my confirmation letter at myCIC, it says in there that they will send a message if they do need additional information. My worry now is do they really send a message on the additional info? The call center agent advise me that the said matter is known to CIC and that I should wait for the next step they will tell me like providing them the job offer letter/contract. On the other hand, another callcenter agent advise me to withdraw it! If i do that, the time and money I pAid is put to waste! Is there is anyone here who experience the same thing i had? Please help and shed some light thru your experience.

Date Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:07pm
With regards to LMO, i phoned CIC today on separate occasions. Two agents indeed say that LMO is not needed in renewing the WP under the same employer. They even send me the information on my email. The said info was already posted here.

Date Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 10:58pm
dear job seeker,, Can a nanny under live-in caregiver program take a 16months course

Date Posted: 11 Jun 2011 at 10:36am
No, you need a study permit.

dear job seeker,, Can a nanny under live-in caregiver program take a 16months course

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 2:53pm
Hi,

I have applied to change my work permit under the name of new employer. I submitted my application online with other supporting papers like HRSDC, Passport and work contract on 30th august  2011. But till now i haven't received any message from the CIC? 

Posted By: maniez106
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:31pm
Hi there...

I am Indonesian now still waiting for my LMO before applying a working visa to work in Canada under a live in caregiver program. I have several questions, I hope people here can help me with:
1. When I get off the plane, what should I expect at the airport? WP stamps or else?
2. Who should apply for my SIN, healthcare card, ID card, bank account etc? and how long will it takes?
3. After reading posts in this forum, I took several notes (please correct me if I'm wrong) 
    a. after working for 3900 hour or 22 mnths I can apply a PR and in doing so, the process will take         about 25 months to be approved
    b. My contract will be 36 months, 10-12 hours daily with 2 consecutive off days. I was offered               salary as $1000 net monthly. Is that normal?  
    c. Is it possible for me under LCP then asked for a live out to my employer? or if she refuses, can         I get another live out caregiving job? 
    d. Do I entitled for a yearly vacation? If I do, can I spend it somewhere out of my origin country           or out of Canada, such as USA? will I need a visiting visa to go there?
    e. During mu emplyment as LCP, during my off day, can I take a driving course in Canada and               probably apply for a driving license?
    f. Can I take a nursing course during my LCP employment?

Thank you for any responses 

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 10:17am
Read your contract. There's a LCP contract and it should specify your working hours, wage and overtime rates and vacation and sick leave (should you be given any paid sick leave days, vacation two weeks, with pay); you can apply for PR after 3900 hours in 22 months or 24 months of authorized work; you can not work live out; you'd be violating the program and contract; you can't work other than as a live in caregiver until you received your open work permit; you can spend your vacations where you want them to spend; you can go spend it in the US if you have a US visa; you can study but only short term courses, 6 months duration or less; you apply for your SIN, health card after 3 months depending on which province you're going, banks, your choice, but you open your own bank account/s. Upon arrival, your passport will be stamped and you'll be ushered in to secondary immigration for your WP. Hope I covered all your questions, albeit not systematcally, but hopefully all there.

Originally posted by maniez106 maniez106 wrote:

Hi there...
I am Indonesian now still waiting for my LMO before applying a working visa to work in Canada under a live in caregiver program. I have several questions, I hope people here can help me with:
1. When I get off the plane, what should I expect at the airport? WP stamps or else?
2. Who should apply for my SIN, healthcare card, ID card, bank account etc? and how long will it takes?
3. After reading posts in this forum, I took several notes (please correct me if I'm wrong) 
    a. after working for 3900 hour or 22 mnths I can apply a PR and in doing so, the process will take         about 25 months to be approved
    b. My contract will be 36 months, 10-12 hours daily with 2 consecutive off days. I was offered               salary as $1000 net monthly. Is that normal?  
    c. Is it possible for me under LCP then asked for a live out to my employer? or if she refuses, can         I get another live out caregiving job? 
    d. Do I entitled for a yearly vacation? If I do, can I spend it somewhere out of my origin country           or out of Canada, such as USA? will I need a visiting visa to go there?
    e. During mu emplyment as LCP, during my off day, can I take a driving course in Canada and               probably apply for a driving license?
    f. Can I take a nursing course during my LCP employment?
Thank you for any responses 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 9:12pm
Hi, I have to apply for PR in canada after complete 24 months of employement as nanny. Do I need to collect police clearance certificate from India and canada or just from canada or india?

Please reply soon, 

Thanks.

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2012 at 11:48pm
Hi

Hi, I have to apply for PR in canada after complete 24 months of employement as nanny. Do I need to collect police clearance certificate from India and canada or just from canada or india?
Please reply soon, 
Thanks.

India. CIC will ask for one from Canada, if needed, unlikely though.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window