Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23111
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:47pm

Topic: Working and living in Canada
Posted By: amyerickkson
Subject: Working and living in Canada
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:09pm
Hello all!

I'm having difficulty understanding how to get my boyfriend into Canada to live and work. He currently lives and works in California, and he was born there. I'm unsure of how he will get here because he is not considered a skilled worker and we are not married. Most of the jobs he has applied to here don't sponsor people to come from out of the country. What are my options to have him living and working here for good? He would take any job he could get just to be here! Any information will help us, and thank you in advance for your replies! (:

Replies:
Posted By: MikeGD
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by amyerickkson amyerickkson wrote:

Hello all!

I'm having difficulty understanding how to get my boyfriend into Canada to live and work. He currently lives and works in California, and he was born there. I'm unsure of how he will get here because he is not considered a skilled worker and we are not married. Most of the jobs he has applied to here don't sponsor people to come from out of the country. What are my options to have him living and working here for good? He would take any job he could get just to be here! Any information will help us, and thank you in advance for your replies! (:

He may enroll in a college program that includes co-op. In this case he will be eligible for work permit.

Print Page | Close Window