Print Page | Close Window

Student visa for spouse of a PR

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics
Forum Name: Study Visa
Forum Description:
Printed Date: 09 Mar 2021 at 2:29am

Topic: Student visa for spouse of a PR
Posted By: Bela
Subject: Student visa for spouse of a PR
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2010 at 9:32pm

I am spouse of a PR living outside Canada with my husband. As he lives in US, he can not sponsor my application. 

Am I eligible to apply for a student visa? My husband plans to join me after sometime. 

I will appreciate a response. 

Thank you 



Posted By: tanushree.tiku
Date Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 7:20am
You are definitely eligible to apply for a student visa. If u have a good offer from a university, and proof of funds there is not a reason to grant u a student visa. U have to mention though that ur  husband is a PR. i have frnds from india whose spouses were PR's of canada not in canada, some of them got their PR's returned to India, U.S, Singapore and their spouses have gone to canada to do their masters on a student visa...

Print Page | Close Window