Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21935
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 11:21am

Topic: Young Professional Visa
Posted By: LeanneCarroll
Subject: Young Professional Visa
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 5:56pm
HI!

I came to Canada in June 2014 from Ireland under the IEC- working holiday Visa for 2 years.

I have been working with the same company since I arrived and I would love to stay for longer but not apply for PR as I don't think I have enough time and I also haven't been in the one position in my company for 12 months.

I have 2 friends that both came here on the same initial visa landing in late 2013. They both applied for the young professional visa with a letter of employment from their employers. At first they were both refused but reapplied and got accepted.

I have just done the same for 2016 season. I received my invite on the 21st December and submitted everything on January 4th and today it got refused because I had already entered canada on a 2 year visa.

The system has changed entirely this year and I am wondering, before I try to reapply is there any point? I know it worked for both of my friends last year when they reapplied but does my refusal have something to do with the year I entered Canada?

Also, if not this route and not PR are there any other options for me to stay a year or 2 more? My company are completely behind me!

Thanks a million for anyone's advice!

Leanne

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 1:36pm
Hi

Originally posted by LeanneCarroll LeanneCarroll wrote:

HI!

I came to Canada in June 2014 from Ireland under the IEC- working holiday Visa for 2 years.

I have been working with the same company since I arrived and I would love to stay for longer but not apply for PR as I don't think I have enough time and I also haven't been in the one position in my company for 12 months.

I have 2 friends that both came here on the same initial visa landing in late 2013. They both applied for the young professional visa with a letter of employment from their employers. At first they were both refused but reapplied and got accepted.

I have just done the same for 2016 season. I received my invite on the 21st December and submitted everything on January 4th and today it got refused because I had already entered canada on a 2 year visa.

The system has changed entirely this year and I am wondering, before I try to reapply is there any point? I know it worked for both of my friends last year when they reapplied but does my refusal have something to do with the year I entered Canada?

Also, if not this route and not PR are there any other options for me to stay a year or 2 more? My company are completely behind me!

Thanks a million for anyone's advice!

Leanne

1. I think that you would be wasting your time, you would not be eligible for young professionals.
2. Only those that received a 1 year IEC previously are eligible for a 2nd 2 year IEC. You received a 2 year IEC, so you are not eligible as you found out.

From CIC

"Note: As an Irish citizen, you may participate in the Working Holiday category only once. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may participate in IEC one more time through the International Co-op (Internship) category. "

-------------
PMM

Posted By: jfoontheblock
Date Posted: 31 May 2016 at 2:11pm
I am in the same position as you and was advised to apply for young professional. Did you have any luck?

Print Page | Close Window