Print Page | Close Window

Outland March/April/May

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2112
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 5:46pm

Topic: Outland March/April/May
Posted By: ArityMonk
Subject: Outland March/April/May
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 4:40pm
I couldn't find a thread for those of us after December/January/February (seen here:  http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=957&title=outland-december-january-february - http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=957&title=outland-december-january-february  ), so I decided to get one going, unless someone knows where I can find an original!

Bryan and I finally sent in our application 4/14/10
Application received by CPC in Mississauga 4/16/10
Sponsorship decision made 5/20/10

Married 1/22/10, wish we knew how much prep work there was before you could even send the thing in! My fingerprints took the longest, they were sent 1/20 (yes, before the wedding even), and I didn't get my hands on them until 3/30. We're both so glad to have it finally in the REAL works, though!

Anyone else? 

Replies:
Posted By: lg107
Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 5:14pm

Hi, We sent in the app. for p.r. &  to sponsor my partner & 2 kids on mar. 25th 2010. It was a relief to have it sent off at last but i havent stopped worring since. I think everyone worries & thinks maybe they should've done something different etc. Time will tell...

Glad you set this post up! 

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
Sponsorship apprd 30/4/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 12:45pm
Don't feel bad.  We married on October 21st, 2009 - and only sent in our application on the 12th of April 2010.  Received at CPC-Miss on March 14th, 2010.

Welcome to our new waiting room!  Thanks for setting up the thread!

OUTLAND app (Paris Visa office)
Rec'd CPC-Miss March 14th
E.T.A. - hopefully before Christmas this year Smile

Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 1:04pm
I will be one of you soon. :)

Married October 17th. Hopefully submitting the outland sponsorship package in a week or two.

Will update you once I have times lines.

-------------
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010

Posted By: ArityMonk
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 6:29pm
Yay, glad we have a little mini-support group going on here! We'll all get through this. I know the waiting is going to wear on us all, but it's for the best cause there is, right?

Posted By: O_Canada
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 11:21am
hi

sent my application on the 16th march, received by march 18th ... keep my finger crossed

bye

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:44am
I'm wondering if this fabulous 'ash cloud' is going to affect shipping.  Lots of people think it will be over and done with quickly, but there are some scientists that think the volcano could continue to spew ash for quite some time.  Last I heard, the cloud was making its' way to NFLD airspace. 

Not that we have any control over it whatsoever... but it is a curiosity of mine.

Posted By: vladalex
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:48am
Since my application was received by CPC-M on March 5th 2010, I thought I could share my timeline with you in this new thread. 

It looks like CIC is moving fast with my application. Right now our docs are being processed at the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest. Perhaps my girlfriend will be asked to submit her passport in a couple of days. I'm really curious whether they will schedule her for an interview or not.

That remains to be seen. 

Good luck to all!

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10
Passport+PR visa 17/06/2010

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 2:51pm
Oh my goodness vladalex -- that sounds promising!

Posted By: Saya
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 3:52pm
And it's gone! Excited, yes - nervous, definitly! Kinda like waiting in line for Oblivion at Alton Towers!
Anyway here's what I have so far:

Application for Outland Common Law - London

Achieved Common Law Status - April 11, 2010
Medicals done - April 13, 2010
Application sent CPC-M - April 19, 2010 (1.162kg/2.56lbs) Xpresspost guaranteed to be delivered by April 20, 2010 by noon

Good luck to all!

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:24pm
Oops - I just realized that I said CPC-Miss received my application a month BEFORE I actually sent it out!!!  LOL.  I *wish* !!!

All fees paid: April 11th
Application sent to CPC-Miss via ExpressPost: April 12th
Application received at CPC-Miss: April 14th

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 4:50am
Yesterday I received a confirmation letter from the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest saying they started processing the file on April 16th and that in the next 3 months they will be reviewing the documents, adding that we should expect further correspondence from them.

I hope 3 months is just an official figure. It really should take less. We are expecting to receive the passport request from the Embassy soon. We wonder if the passport request is sent by mail or they simply call the applicant.

Keep in touch!

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 9:36am
It's good to see the ball is rolling for you vlad!

CPC-M received my application this morning. Only a day late then what Canada Post told me and I paid for grrrr!!!!! Anyway at least it arrived!

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Harmonia Harmonia wrote:

Don't feel bad.  We married on October 21st, 2009 - and only sent in our application on the 12th of April 2010.  Received at CPC-Miss on March 14th, 2010.

Welcome to our new waiting room!  Thanks for setting up the thread!

OUTLAND app (Paris Visa office)

Rec'd CPC-Miss March 14th

E.T.A. - hopefully before Christmas this year Smile

WOW, AMAZING, your timeline is going BACKWARDS!!!

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:22pm
Yeah - I know.  Figured I'd give as accurate timelines as CIC gives us... LOL.

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Harmonia Harmonia wrote:

Yeah - I know.  Figured I'd give as accurate timelines as CIC gives us... LOL.

Now that is a bloody good answer !

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Saya Saya wrote:

It's good to see the ball is rolling for you vlad!

Thanks Saya, yeah, it looks like it's getting there.

Tomorrow I am re-establishing my domicile in Toronto after 6 years away. I am leaving my girlfriend in Romania until she gets her permanent resident status (most likely 2 more months). She will then come over to Toronto. I have informed the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest of my address change. I hope this won't change the outcome of our application. I stated in my message of address change that I am going to Toronto in advance to obtain employment and rent an apartment to get things ready for my girlfriend's arrival. 

Cheers! Talk to you from the other side.

Vlad

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10

Posted By: 5thhorseman
Date Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 8:37pm
Hi all,

Nice to see a thread started on this topic so we can share experiences and timelines.

My wife and I were married October 17th, 2009.
We moved to Canada on February 20th, 2010.
We submitted our outland application today!

We'll be processed by the London office as my wife is British.

Hoping we can get this approved asap so she can get a driving license here!

Cheers

Posted By: canadien
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2010 at 10:54am
Alright, hello guys; and good to see a thread from my timeline...

November 26 --->Marriage
March 4  ---------> Application sent to Mississauga
March 29 --------> Application returned to be resubmitted with missing Signature
April 8    ---------> Resubmitted and received Application by Mississauga
April 15  ---------> Sponsorship Approved by Missisauga
April 15  ----------> Application Sent to New Delhi Visa Office
April 19  ---------> Received sponsor Application Approval Letter

Date Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 10:42am
welcome 5th! Nice to see another London bound application. Good Luck!

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 1:02pm
Anyone got any updates?
Nothing for me - but I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while yet.... :)

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:13pm
Nope nothing, then again I'm a week after you lol.

It would be interesting to know what the CPC-M has as procedures for processing incoming applications. I know some are more complicated then others but the time frames from what you see on forums and what cic has on their website is so random.

Anyways hope someone gets some good news soon, I'm starting to think there is only one person processing these applications!!!

Posted By: javcil
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 2:18pm
I found an interesting stats page on the number of immigrants to Canada by country.  In 2008 there were 29,336 from China alone.  And these are just the GRANTED applications.  I'm sure some countries have a huge workload!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2008/permanent/10.asp

-------------
Application received in Mississauga Jan. 16/10
Sponsorship approved Feb. 4/10
Received in Ankara ... in process Feb. 24/10
Interview scheduled April 21/10
Visa received Apr. 22/10

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:01pm
CIC issues a "Facts & Figures" report every year on the status of new immigrants, students, etc.  It's quite interesting... and long.  It breaks them down into every category imgaineable (% of english speakers to french speakers to 'other' languages...   education levels,  by age, by gender)

It's quite a cool report - but at the same time, all it did for me was show that there are an awful lot of people that get PR status every year - which translates to a lot of applications...  and that doesn't include the applications they reject.

Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 5:54pm

Hi

I am not sure why is taking longer than few months before .... I sent mine on March 16 th received March 18th I haven't heard anything yet .. called last week they said it's taking two months for the response on the Approvals ... eventhou I saw few getting their files done in less than a month ... probably a different procedure or just a luck.Clap

Posted By: tanushree.tiku
Date Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 11:15pm
its not a different procedure but i guess its luck..depends on whose envelope they open first :)

Posted By: zeeshee
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:03am
I agree its all luck. My application was received on 17th Feb & approved on 15th mar while another guy whose application was received on 17th Feb is approved only today.. So its all LUCK :-)

AND the bigger wait is after approval when PR application starts processing :-(

-------------
Zeeshan Javaid

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:30am
Originally posted by javcil javcil wrote:

I found an interesting stats page on the number of immigrants to Canada by country.  In 2008 there were 29,336 from China alone.  And these are just the GRANTED applications.  I'm sure some countries have a huge workload!

surprisingly countries where the applications are more like for eg india the processing time is really quick and then countries for eg like singapore which get very few applications, the processing is really slow

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:12am
Originally posted by tanushree.tiku tanushree.tiku wrote:

Originally posted by javcil javcil wrote:

surprisingly countries where the applications are more like for eg india the processing time is really quick and then countries for eg like singapore which get very few applications, the processing is really slow

It's good to know things like that ... because we never get that info from any officer at the call service.. and for instance I have read on the cic web site for the sponsorship applications processing time for the first part, it takes 67 days instead of 56 days last months....( well I think that doesn't affect our friends from India SmileWink

thanks for the help guys

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:49am
Quote well I think that doesn't affect our friends from India

Eh? The timelines for the 67 days affect everyone they are the inland part of the outland process, though I personally suspect they are wrong seeing some of the timelines for the past month.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 12:49pm
It's interesting to see their figures over the year but what I'd really be interested in seeing is a recent year's month to month progress. Maybe it would give us a better insight into their processing times oppose to what their are posting now. 67 days pft

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
App rec'd CPC-M - Apr 21/10
Sponsor Aprvd - May 27/10
App In Process/Meds Rec'd - Jun 16/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:35pm
I think 67 days is a worst-case scenario.  I'm holding out for faster :)  but -- if it takes 67 days, it takes 67 days.  Anything before then is a bonus.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 1:53pm
Umm, well I think the whole lot is screwed, in 3 weeks it hasnt changed from Feb 11th, just the days gone up according to the dates.

I think someone forgot to update it, maybe not, maybe its a government vacation.

Still like Harmonia says, when it happens it happens, I mean whats the point in it taking 1 day in Mississauga if it takes 12 months in your embassy, and thats not really something you can get even a rough guidline from.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:01pm
Even so - the processing guidelines are for cases processed last year... and they are 'average' processing times.  It's a crapshoot.

Posted By: SteelAce
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 11:54pm
Good evening everyone.

My wife and I can now officially start our timeline since our package to CPC-M finally went out today. Thumbs Up

I must admit that I never thought it would be so difficult to prepare this, and so time consuming also (probably didn't help that I'm a perfectionist.. hehe), but we're so happy that it's done and we can now enter the waiting process.  I feel 5lbs lighter now (yep I weighed it) since I don't have to carry around all that paperwork anymore with me everyday. Wink  We will anxiously await the results over the next few months because I won't be able to go back to the Phils until then to be reunited with her.  Our case is pretty straight forward - no dependants, no health issues, no prior marriages or common law relationships, an 8 year age difference (31-39), no criminal pasts - so we're really hoping that our DM will happen within the 6 month average (for the Phils).  I wouldn't want her to have to land right in the middle of our Canadian winter.. hehe. LOL

Good luck to everyone who are already playing the waiting game.

-------------
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 1:12am
all the best steelace

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 11:44am
Welcome SteelAce!  Godspeed on your application!

Posted By: eastcoastgirl
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 4:59pm
Until I sent in my Application I was the most laid back person around.  I couldn't understand why everyone else in this situation was so anxious and worrying about the process.

NOW, I am a bag of nerves...obsessive even. I find myself constantly online reading posts on these Immigration Forums. Looking for answers, or any information that might make me feel better about teh whole thing.  Unfortunately reading all of these posts has just made me even more anxious.

Good luck to you all and with any luck we will all be together with our families SOON!

-------------
06/22/09:Married in Santo Domingo
04/22/10:Application received in Mississauga.
06/01/10:Approved to sponsor
07/16/10:In process (can finally log on e-cas on 21st)
07/30/10:AOR rec'd in mail

Posted By: daz deman
Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 7:55am
Well after lots of preparation, I finally submitted the application to sponsor my wife.

I sure hope it is all done before my sons are 2 yrs old so I can save on airfare. But I am not too hopeful it will be done prior to the end of October.

Hope everyone gets processed swiftly.

Cheers

Daz

-------------
rec'd CPC-M 4/22/10
spon aprd 7/06/10
letr appv 7/12
MNL start7/13/10
PPR sent 7/15
Pass rec'd MNL 7/26
Snt docs 9/19/10
Snt docs 19/1/2011
DM 22/2/2011
Visa Received 22/2/11
Med expr 4/15/20

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:04pm
We received your application to sponsor ME on March 31, 2010.
We sent you a letter on April 30, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

So all being well, this week it should be off to London. The timelines are wrong, this got there March 29th and they have opened it already, yet the site still says they are processing Feb 17th.

And the fact that it shows up on a Sunday afternoon shows what a load of bollox the whole information process from CIC is.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2010 at 7:58pm
Thanks tanushree.tiku and Harmonia.

Congrats redeagle looks like your 1st step seems to be done.

Good luck everyone.

-------------
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/17-Start Manila
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/16-Visa received!

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:18am
Congrats Redeagle, that was great timing. Delighted for U! 

Im excited & nervous since hearing your news. Mine was sent mar 25th iv had no news back yet. After hearing your news im thinking, any day now..
But then on the other hand im thinking what if there's something wrong. What if...

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:07am
congrats redeagle

Posted By: canadien
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:21am
Hello Guys and I want to say that my application was also processed very fast as I applied on March 4, and the decision was made on 29th of march so around 25 days; so don't take the cic timeline as an indication as file will probably process faster then that.

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:08am
I wonder if mine will take longer b'cas Im sponsoring my husband & 2 children. Canadien, Was your's just 1 person being sponsored?

I can only trace my package up til it left the country but the tracker cant track abroad so i dont even know if they got it, im getting worried. Does anyone have the no. for cic-m? Maybe i should call to see if & when they got it.

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:19am
Welcome Steel, eastcoast and daz!!!  - Eastcoast I know how you feel!!!

YAY Redeagle!!! I'm so glad to hear the some good news around here! Nice to be reassured that cic timelines can be just extreme estimates!

Hang in there Ig, I'd still give it some time as your application probably requires a little more attention due to the children - ie finance requirements, etc.

Good Luck all!!

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

I wonder if mine will take longer b'cas Im sponsoring my husband & 2 children. Canadien, Was your's just 1 person being sponsored?

I can only trace my package up til it left the country but the tracker cant track abroad so i dont even know if they got it, im getting worried. Does anyone have the no. for cic-m? Maybe i should call to see if & when they got it.

I sent mine on 03/16/2010 and as my tracker said received on 03/18/2010, and haven't heard anything from them yet so I am a little worried why is it taking longer for me ....

it's a spousal application no children .... hmmm

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:46pm
The fact that you may be sponsoring children doesnt matter, in fact even if you have the worst case ever, the first part of it doesnt matter. The first part is just to check the sponsors eligablity. I think its a case of which file is picked up first.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 1:22pm
RedEagle!  Yay for you!!!
Hopefully the timeline stays the same....
I'm 2.5 weeks after you! 

I'm also hoping that the rest of your app gets approved quickly... and that you don't have to stay in the UK for too long.

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:16pm
Doesnt matter now, have my head clear about that. Somewhere to stay, already have work lined up, hopefully when my fiance comes over in July we can come home together, if not, who cares. Im gonna drag every last penny out of that country

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:55pm
Red -- That's the spirit.  Drink em dry while you're there :)

Posted By: 5thhorseman
Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:04pm
Anyone know how long it takes before an application shows up here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

I guess I'm impatient but it's been over a week!

Date Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:12pm
If you mean it has been over a week since you sent in the application, then yes you are impatient. It is going to take between 4 and 6 weeks before you see anything on your case via E-CAS.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 12:57am
Originally posted by lg107 lg107 wrote:

it doesnt matter how many people u sponsor

Posted By: sami55
Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:49am

hi sami here
my history is

came from UK to canada as visitor

got married to canadian 23 jan 2010

27 01 10 applied for visa ext
29 03 10 got the visa ext until 22 09 10
25 02 10 sent off CPC M PR outland UK
02 03 10 pack delivered to CPC Mississauga
25 03 10 sponsoring approved. Case sent to London UK
STILL WAITING.....IN THE WAITING ROOM WITH YOU..

when I posted off the pack on 25 02 10 we sent in just the solemnisation papers at the time...NOW THE MARRIAGE certificate has arrived so shall i send a copy of that? WHERE ?

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:30am
7 weeks still nothing....

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 11:33am
Welcome Sami & O_Canada!

Sami - seeing as how your file is now in the UK office, it would make sense to send it there.
Make sure that you clearly identify your file number, and that this is an addition to the file.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if they really need the marriage certificate, or if the solemnization of the marriage is good enough.   I'd ask through a new post...  maybe someone out there has experience with only using the solemnization.

Note - if you got married in Ontario I know that it is very simple to get copies of your marriage certificate (online).  Small fee for processing, but they mail it to you within a few days....  This info, of course, is in case yours gets lost.  (can't remember if they wanted the original cert, or if a copy was acceptable).

Posted By: Cuds
Date Posted: 05 May 2010 at 6:05pm
Joining the group!

Our application was sent to Mississauga today :)

Applying outland common-law through Paris

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:04pm
Guys I got my letter today, sponsorship approved!!! No email but got the letter. Sooo happy..
Red eagle, did you get the letter yet??

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:14pm
I have a feeling its in the mailbox, it takes 5 working days from ON so today should be the day, but I have to wait for my fiance to get home with it cos I cant find my keys lol, think the cats knicked em.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:18pm
Break a window, get in there & open that envelope. We want to know too!

-------------
App.sent 25/3/10
In process 14/05/10
RPRF requested 10/6/10
Paid RPRF 12/6/10
Meds rec'd 24/06/10
DECISION MADE 6/07/10
PPR 13/07/10
Visa rec'd 3/08/10
Landed 20/08/10

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 6:24pm
1) My mailbox is at the top of the street, Im not locked out of or in the house lol.

2) 4 weeks ago, I kicked a soccerball through the office window, if I break another one, I wont need a visa, I will need an undertaker.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:00pm
Congrats lg107!

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:04pm
Mail woman must have knicked the letter lol, it will no doubt turn up with it when its ready

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

I cant find my keys lol, think the cats knicked em.

Under the Couch, anything my cats fancy end up either under the couch or stove.

Congrats Ig!

Alteast 2 more weeks for me yaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn!!!!

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:16pm
Still hoping I can join you guys in the March/April/May club! Getting close to finishing the package... :)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 May 2010 at 10:14pm
Just dont rush it, better late than wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:57am
Originally posted by redeagle redeagle wrote:

I have a feeling its in the mailbox, it takes 5 working days from ON so today should be the day, but I have to wait for my fiance to get home with it cos I cant find my keys lol, think the cats knicked em.

i hope ur feeling is right

Date Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:43am
So far this is looking much better than the posted timeline.
I hate to get my hopes up, but I can't help it :)

Congrats to those who are moving on the the next stage - YAY !!!!!

Hopefully the rest of us are not too far behind you!

Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 12:30pm
Can anyone please let me know how long it regularly/approximately/normaly takes to get the AOR from CPC-M?  And do they usually send it only by mail, or email, or both?

Thanks, and enjoy your weekends.

-------------
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/17-Start Manila
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/16-Visa received!

Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 12:58pm
Mine took 32 days, that was to log on to e-cas, then they will notify by letter, unfortunatly I have a feeling the mail woman is holding that part to ransom, because it still aint in my mail box

-------------

Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:44pm
@redeagle

32 days just to get your AOR from Mississauga, or to get your DM from them?

-------------
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/17-Start Manila
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/16-Visa received!

Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:53pm
Decision, Mississauga does not send out an AOR.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 11:21am
Just check CIC website - they changed the timeline for sponsorship approval to 69 days!

Not that it means anything - given that a lot of people are still being processed in just over a month.

Makes me wonder how they are estimating their timings... 

-------------
Citizenship App Sent: December 2012

Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 2:51pm

I am on my 55th day .... still waiting

Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 3:32pm
O_Canada... that's brutal.
When did you send your application in to them?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 5:56pm
MARCH 16
I might be just a case ... hope it wont' happen to you for sure...

Date Posted: 10 May 2010 at 9:07pm
So after paying $1040 the cheap ass Canadian government issues 2nd class stamps, doesnt suprize me too much though. Anyhows, after we didnt receive our letter from CIC last week I was pretty sure it would get here today.

SO I WENT FISHING, just got back this evening and my beloved fiance went to the mailbox to see what was there.......... letter from Dell, some crap on the HST petition (waste of time, they might review but they will still charge it) and a CIC letter.

I am curious to know what the Key# is, cant seem to find that anywhere online, but anyhow, after said beloved had a spaz about me opening it, and me refusing to do so (said its mailed to you, you read the bad news...... not impressed) it's now been mailed off to London.

I wonder when I will recieve a client ID for me? Probably when I get back to the UK. Still all's good and more waiting begins.

-------------

Posted By: mr-canada
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 1:28am
hello everyone....... i sent my wife's application to Mississauga on April 4 and they recd it on April 6 and we are waiting since then for the approval..... hope to get it anytime now.... so that atleast can feel we crossed level 1...........

but the bigger task will be when the papers get to the visa processing off and we both are dreading that coz my wife resides in UAE and thus the visa proc off on her form is Abu dhabi..... and i think thats a worse office ... (very slow)..... and i am not sure if we can change the visa proc office after submission of application........
so all we hafta do is wait and wait and wait...........
hope we all sailing in the same boat get off it... soon......... :)
all the best to all ...........!!!
if any one has any idea about abu dhabi off or about hte change in visa proc off do lemme know....
thanks

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:52pm
Hello everybody,

I have sponsored my girlfriend while living in Romania with her for the past 6 years. I got approved for sponsorship, our application got transfered to the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest for processing. Two weeks ago I re-established my domicile in Canada in order to find a job and rent a place in advance and wait for my girlfriend to come here as well when she gets her permanent resident status. Everything nice and well until today when my girlfriend received an email from the visa office in Bucharest:

Dear Ms. .....,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to continue the processing of your application, please proceed with the items marked below:

Evidence of at least 1 year of cohabitation with sponsor;

Evidence of joint bank accounts, joint property with sponsor;

Evidence that your sponsor resumed his residence in Canada;

If you are unable to provide any of the above documents, please provide the written explanation and provide other official evidence to support your application.

Please ensure that the above checked boxes items must be completed or sent to the Immigration Section of the Canadian Embassy within 30 days.

If we do not receive the documents or you do not comply with the requirements within the time allowed, your application may be refused.

Best regards,

Immigration &Visa Section / Section d'Immigration et de Visa Embassy of Canada / Ambassade du Canada

1 – 3  Tuberozelor St., sector 1,

011411  Bucharest, Romania

Fax 40-21-307-5014

mailto:bucharest-immigration@international.gc.ca - http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/canadaeuropa/romania - http://www.cic.gc.ca - http://www.cic.gc.ca

This is very weird. We have included extensive proof of 6 years of cohabitation in Romania: aprox. 50 photos, proof of email correspondence, proof of bills mailed to our address in our names, detailed cell phone records showing calls to each other, affidavits by family and friends confirming our relationship, plane tickets proving travel together.

Why is the visa office asking for this evidence again as if I hadn't submitted anything at all?

As for joint bank accounts and property jointly owned, this is not our case. Romanian legislation doesn't allow joint bank accounts and requires people to be married in order to jointly own property. Since we are common-law, we don't own any property. I'll send a letter together with the proof of move to Canada (resuming residence in Canada)... But I don't understand why do they ask for evidence again? We feel we have provided them with plenty of evidence.

We have replied to this email asking why are they requiring evidence of our relationship since we already submitted that. But still...it's quite annoying, vague and debatable. 

If anyone has any idea or advice... please let me have it!

Thanks!

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:13pm
They need proof of cohabitation, not the relationship.

Like maybe joint leases or letters from landlords saying that you've lived together. Seems like they think you're lacking proof of living together for at least one year.

Then I would definitely send a lease in Canada  or Canadian bank account and letter of employment to show that you're back in canada with everything set to support your girlfriend

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by audball audball wrote:

They need proof of cohabitation, not the relationship.

Like maybe joint leases or letters from landlords saying that you've lived together. Seems like they think you're lacking proof of living together for at least one year.

Then I would definitely send a lease in Canada  or Canadian bank account and letter of employment to show that you're back in canada with everything set to support your girlfriend

We lived in an apartment that I own there in Romania. I lived with her there since 2008 until April 2010. We didn't think we would move to Canada, so she didn't change her Romanian identity card and driver's licence to show that address. We were not thinking this would help in the future with the sponsorship process. 
It is true that in the application package I have included correspondence addressed either to me or to her (bills, credit card statements etc.) not older than 1 year because we have thrown out older correspondence :( We have no landlord to certify we have been living together. I fear that I won't be able to prove this in order to satisfy the visa office although I have been living together with my girlfriend since 2004. 
In the application package we have included affidavits written by friends and family confirming we have been living there since 2008 but it looks like it's not enough. Right now I'm so confused... and don't know what to come up with to satisfy them... 

Thanks for the advice though! 

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:14pm
vladalex -

Have you tried contacting the banks, credit card companies, etc. to request copies of old statements and bills? Can you contact a neighbour or building manager from your old apartment in Romania who might be able to sign an affidavit? Do you have any e-mails that support the fact that you were living together during this period? (e.g. e-mails that say things like "see you at home - what do you want to have for dinner")

I think you're right in believing that they are likely looking for older information that will confirm the length of your relationship and the fact that you were living together during the periods you mentioned.

Good luck...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:10am
hello harmonia..... yours and our application has about the same time lines.....

we have sent our appllication on 4 april and CPC-M has received it on April 6. now the wait begins... and its goddamn tough ... to keep waiting and hoping for things to be proper and to move fast.

What is your visa processing office?

have read about people whose apps reached CPC-M on april 1 to have started receiving their approvals so hope our batch moves fast ..... keeping fingers crossed......
all the best!!!!

Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 6:48am
Hi All -

I'm about a week and a half from submitting and joining the rest of you in the wait.

I'm hoping a few of you can provide me with assistance regarding the list of jobs my husband has to compile. Yes - I know we are supposed to include everything. However my husband is semi-retired and is also an IT consultant who sometimes takes on short assignments. So I'm hoping to get some guidance on how to deal with these special cases.

Here are the three example scenarios I'm confused about:

- Retired for all of 2004
- However spent three months volunteering in Rwanda (not paid) during that year
- I'm thinking we don't mention the volunteer role in his PR application since if he was volunteering in Florida (where he was living at that time) we wouldn't mention this separately. In other words, I think we should just treat this as a long holiday and leave it out of his history.
- Agreed???

- Retired for all of 2007 and 2008
- However also did occassional work as a paid consultant for a hospital in Houston (about four times a year he would fly down there for 4 or 5 days).
- I'm thinking we mention two line items in the application for the 2007 to 2008 time period. One would say that he was retired. The second would say that he did occassional non full time consultant work with the hospital in Houston
- What do you guys think??? Would you mention this or skip it in the application?

- Retired for all of 2009
- However spent two weeks in Sudan as a paid consultant
- Given this was only two weeks, do we mention it???

Thanks!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:57am
O_Canada - Hang in there, I know it's fustrating but the cic site says they are on March 4th applications. So hopefully the next few days.
Vlad - Could you possibly get a letter from your bank stating their criteria for joint bank accounts?
Scylla- I would be honest and put down everything. They all seem like short periods of time and was for work/volunteering so I don't think it will cause for too much alarm.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Saya Saya wrote:

O_Canada - Hang in there, I know it's fustrating but the cic site says they are on March 4th applications. So hopefully the next few days.
Vlad - Could you possibly get a letter from your bank stating their criteria for joint bank accounts?
Scylla- I would be honest and put down everything. They all seem like short periods of time and was for work/volunteering so I don't think it will cause for too much alarm.
thanks saya, it's very frustrating for me and for her, but what can I do it's only the first step hopefully by next week at most I will get that positive answer in my mail box...
I need to be strong to go throu this specially after coming from my wedding and filling this cost me over 10000 $ I guess I have to hang tight ...no choice

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by scylla scylla wrote:

Hi All -

I'm about a week and a half from submitting and joining the rest of you in the wait.

I'm hoping a few of you can provide me with assistance regarding the list of jobs my husband has to compile. Yes - I know we are supposed to include everything. However my husband is semi-retired and is also an IT consultant who sometimes takes on short assignments. So I'm hoping to get some guidance on how to deal with these special cases.

Here are the three example scenarios I'm confused about:

- Retired for all of 2004
- However spent three months volunteering in Rwanda (not paid) during that year
- I'm thinking we don't mention the volunteer role in his PR application since if he was volunteering in Florida (where he was living at that time) we wouldn't mention this separately. In other words, I think we should just treat this as a long holiday and leave it out of his history.
- Agreed???

- Retired for all of 2007 and 2008
- However also did occassional work as a paid consultant for a hospital in Houston (about four times a year he would fly down there for 4 or 5 days).
- I'm thinking we mention two line items in the application for the 2007 to 2008 time period. One would say that he was retired. The second would say that he did occassional non full time consultant work with the hospital in Houston
- What do you guys think??? Would you mention this or skip it in the application?

- Retired for all of 2009
- However spent two weeks in Sudan as a paid consultant
- Given this was only two weeks, do we mention it???

Thanks!

I would include anything paid. So yes to the work at the Houston hospital. Better to cover everything than have CIC find out and not be happy about leaving out information.

Don't think volunteering needs to go in though. If he's accounting for all of his past history as the applicant, then definitely say he was in Rwanda. But if he's the sponsor listing employment history, he wasn't employed in Rwanda so it doesn't have to be included afaik.

Date Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:17pm
Thanks!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2010 at 10:24am
mr_canada ---
Yes, we have a similar submission date. 
Not sure if there's any rhyme or reason as to who's gets approved first - it might be a simple as the CIC people picking from random piles.

Our app is going through the Paris (France) visa office...  Yours?

I am dying to get on with the next stage of the process.

-------------

Posted By: BMonk
Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:31am
We're in the same boat Harmonia, we sent in the 14th of April and it was received the 16th. Anyday now heh.

-------------
04/14/10 App sent to CPC-M
04/16/10 App received by CPC-M
05/20/10 Sponsorship Approved sent to Buffalo

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:54am
Thank you all for your answers and advice. Today my girlfriend will mail an envelope to the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest containing a letter from her explaining why we cannot provide proof of joint bank accounts/joint property owned. She also attached three older than 1 year cable bills that we were able to obtain with her name on them and our address. She also explains why we haven't got any other letters addressed to her at this address. She added proof that I've sent her, proving that I resumed domicile in Canada... So I think it's solid enough. Hopefully we will pass this challenge.

I'll keep you posted.

-------------
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 7:21am

Hello everyone............... wanted to update my time line to all of you...........

App sent to Mississauga - April 4 (for my spouse's sponsorship)

App reached Mississauga - April 6,

Received leeter for approval - May 13 stating that the approval for sponsor is done and the application has been sent to the visa office at abu dhabi on May 1.

so we have gone up the ladder now to step 2 and hope that this wait is not too long..............

But moving up this 1 step also feels nice as it brings us closer to being together soon :)

so today is all smiles :)

wish and hope that all on this thread also have their apps moving towards completion fast ... and get to gether with their spouses soon :)

Cheers!!!

mr-canada

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:10am
Good Luck Vlad and Congrats Mr C.

Hmmm I wonder if anyone is going to open my application today??? Ahhh such wishful thinking.

-------------
Meds - Apr 13/10
DM - July 27/10
PPR via Email - Aug 4/10
PP w/ VISA - Aug 24/10
CommonLaw - London

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:03am
Mr_canada - that is awesome news!
BMonk - we're probably in the same mail bin... I'm hoping they open it SOON
Saya - you might be in the mail bin just under ours :) 

Fingers crossed that they suddenly experience an energy rush, and start processing like crazy!

It will be interesting to see if they get opened / processed in order - or if some of the apps received later get processed earlier. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:44am
It is quite comical the way some posters are in such a rush to get the application off in 'todays' mail rather than waiting for 'tommorow'.

Once its in the mail box its a guessing game and as far as I can see, one without any organization as to what order any application gets done.

Still, remember that applications may have been opened already, Canada Mail service is not the best or fastest at delivering mail.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:20pm
I agree re: the mail service... but I think the majority of people sent their apps in via ExpressPost or something similar.  All we know is when it got to the receiving room.

My only thought of getting it in 'todays mail':  I was anxious to send mine -- but even though I kept wanting it to go in 'todays mail', I kept adding things, re-organizing, checking, double checking.  That delayed things quite a bit... but will hopefully have been worth it in the end.

What I really wanted was to get it in for March... but I missed that deadline... LOL. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:22pm
Well I expected the letter 5 days after they opened it, that is how long my other mail from ON always takes, but the cheap barstewards only stick a 52C stamp on it so it takes about 7 working days to reach BC.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:40pm
mr-canada; great news!

I have no complaints about Xpresspost from Canada Post. Brought it to the postoffice just before 5pm on May 5th, and they received it 8.13am on May 6th according to their tracker. We live in Toronto though - so if they would have allowed it, we would have taken it to Mississauga ourselves.

Date Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:03am

Hello all you lovely people.....

i needed to know .... once you send the application to Mississauga for spouse sponsorship and it get the approval for sponsor.... it shows online that the decision is made .... and that the papers (file) is sent to the visa processing office.

After the file is sent to visa processing office, does it still appear on that site for us to get info on the status of our file or is there any other way to get to know about the status on our application?

Kindly reply .....

thank you

Print Page | Close Window