Print Page | Close Window

Cover Letter Pertaining to Sponsor

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1940
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:58am

Topic: Cover Letter Pertaining to Sponsor
Posted By: britincanada
Subject: Cover Letter Pertaining to Sponsor
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:28am
file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHazel%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - - - - ,

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHazel%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - -   file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHazel%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - To whom it may concern;

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHazel%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - It is my respectful submission that myself, XXXXXXXXX XXXX XXXXXXXX qualifies as a sponsor pursuant to R.130 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) in that:

“130(1) … for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the act, must be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident who:

(a) is at least 18 years of age;
(b) resides in Canada; and
(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class in accordance to section 10.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5CHazel%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - I am a XX year old Canadian Citizen #_ftn1 - - Financial Considerations:

I am employed as a XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX with XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX and have a salary of $XXXXXXXX yearly working XX hours per week. As you are aware, it is not necessary for a sponsor to meet LICO when applying to sponsor a spouse. #_ftn3 -  

This exception to minimum necessary income is allowed in R133 (4) (b) of IRPA which states:

133(4)Paragraph(l)(j) does not apply if the sponsored person is (b) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and has a dependent child who has no dependent children;”

Pervious Relationships:

I have been married previously to XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, the date of our marriage was XX XXXX XXXX. We were married for X years before separating on XX XXXX XXXX after being unable to reconcile our relationship. Prior to getting married we had been together in a relationship for X years from XXXXXXX XXXX; we attended the same Elementary School from grade X and High School together.  

During our marriage we had X sons XXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXX born XX XXXXXXX XXXX and XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX born XX XXXXXX XXXXXX for which we have XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX custody with residency with their mother XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX. I pay Child Support at table amount to their mother each month. #_ftn4 - - An outline of my relationship with the Applicant: XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXX

My relationship with the Applicant XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX commenced in XXXXXXX XXXX after 5 months of correspondence via telephone and Text messages. We have lived together at XXXXXXX XXXXXXX #_ftn6 - - -  

Should you have any questions, concerns or require further clarification pertaining to this application, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely,

Do you think I have covered everything?

#_ftnref1 - -

#_ftnref6 - -

#_ftnref7 - -

#_ftnref8 - -

-------------
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Replies:
Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:50am
I think you did just fine, and with all those kisses sent the IO, who wouldnt aprove it

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:54am
LOL....Thanks Redeagle 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: SteelAce
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 11:55am
Hehehehehehe redeagle. Beer

Is it a common thing though to add in a cover page?  I wasn't intending on adding one, but now I'm wondering...

-------------
4/30-CPC-M
6/3-Sponsor DM
6/9-Approval letter; QC Cert. app. sent
6/17-Start Manila
7/2-AOR with PP & AOM request
7/19-PP & AOM received
8/13-Approval QC Cert.
9/7-DM :))
9/16-Visa received!

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:01pm
We are adding them in just to summarize our relationship and information so the IO can see all the Important bits on the same page together, we have done one for Sponsor and one for Applicant

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:31pm
We did a cover letter each, mine was long my fiances was short, we didnt add any regulation quotes though, just a rundown of the relationship from start to now.

It was at this point that my finace lost the plot and rendered all immigration officers, well I wont use the term but, due to the fact they have the evidence though it never seems enough.

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:39pm
We just did short letters and I did a VERY long answer (I think 8 pages in total with footnotes) for Question 9 in  the Sponsored Spouse Questionnaire. 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Print Page | Close Window