Print Page | Close Window

RQ discussions.

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 9:44pm

Topic: RQ discussions.
Posted By: ecs
Subject: RQ discussions.
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:37am
Lets not lose all the past information from this thread.
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73807

People,
Try not to create duplicate threads and instead search the existing one before creating new one.

Well, here are some of the known reasons for getting an RQ.

Applicant applying alone or family members applying at different times.
-Travelling a lot with lot of entry/ exit stamps
-Not having old passports during the test
-Renewed Passport issued from a different country
-Applicant moving within Canada frequently
-Having a student visa of another country in your passport
-Having a phone number from a different area code.
-Having a Permanent Residency of another Country
-Unable to attentd the test for first time
-Not having important documents like Drivers License, Health Card and or a Vehicle in Canada
-Sometimes even having no absences have triggered an RQ for a few folks.
-Frequent short trips to other countries, particularly, the U.S.
-Having ties in other countries, example, applicant's entire family is in a different country and the applicant alone staying here.
-Expired Passport and not renewed since Applicant was not planning on going out

Replies:
Posted By: Lina_Mississauga
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:09pm
Thank you ecs, It was really a rich discussion full of usefull info.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:14am
Ok let's start
applied July 2008
file transferred on the famous date of March 31 2009
test July 2009
RQ( with no absence at all) 13 days after the test.
assurances from the call center that niether judge interview is needed, nor further documents, everything is OK, and no oath at the moment! Moreover I should be patient! After almost 17 months I'm still patient.

Any similar dates with RQ would like to share?
Or any similar case, RQ with no absence? Please share...
Thanks

Posted By: Shan786
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:14am
Lina, I have two questions for you.
1)What do YOU think is the reason for RQ? How was the interview?
2)May I ask, What is your country of origin?  
Thanks.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 8:02pm
Could be for the expired passport....Only CIC knows...right Lina?

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay
Resent:12Jun
Spon Appvd:03Sep
AOR(Buffalo):14Sep
PPR Request:23Nov
Landed:25Nov

Posted By: cometa
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 8:42am
When you resive the  RQ before the test is the same when you resive the RQ after because some people resive the RQ before the test they take the test  and bring in all the proof we them they have to wait a lot of time  like you resive the RQ after the test you have to wait alot of time

Posted By: cometa
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 10:41am

when immigration sent you the RQ before the then you take the test you have to see juge or you take the oaht

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:03pm
Shan786, I asked here and there... there is no reason! One of CIC employees told me that I shouldn't get RQ with no absence, my case is so clear and nothing vague in it. I don't think that country of origin has to do with it. I strongly believe it was a mistake.

Someone here suggests it's because of an expired passport, however that's incorrect because if I have a new PP the old one would be stamped cancelled. So....

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:06pm
No ecs, I don't think so, since it's easy for them to know if I have a new PP or not, as the old one would be stamped cancelled.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:10pm
By the way, the last update from CIC, that, in my case, there is absolutely NO NEED for a judge interview. So it's nothing but unjustified delay. And now I'm waiting...

Posted By: premaman3
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:29pm
Lina ......we did the test through Kolbe group on Oct 15/08..some of them already got their Oath,last month,their file was transferred to mississauga on sept 22/09.

Posted By: secman
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:52am
Hi

If you didnt get the RQ in the Test day ,  do CIC update the case if they sent a letter for RQ?

and how long it should take to send RQ after the test if they want to send ?

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:07am
secman yes, CIC updates your e-cas when they send you an RQ. My e-cas was always updated on the day of receiving CIC letters( Acknowledgment,test,RQ). They give you 30 day to return the RQ back with the supporting documents, and I returned it back within a week.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:37am
thanks Lina

sorry but when usually they need time to send RQ

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:19pm
SECMAN -If not before or on the test day, then within the 15 days follow the test day.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:37pm
thanks lina
I know one case get the rq after 8 months and his case still showing the schedule for test
Strange system really

Posted By: happytaz
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 8:57pm
Hi,

I will go to the test without my old passport because it was kept by embassy. My current passport covers my trips starting Mid-January 2005 until now. Theoretically I'm missing around 15 days of the last 4 years.

I will let you know if I get an RQ because of this.

Good luck everyone !

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:07pm
nah i don't think that alone warrants an RQ.
Just make sure you take everything with you......on test day.

RQ is only given when they have doubts. Try to get a fax number of local office if you can.

Posted By: sputnikx
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:02pm
It's probably because CIC doesn't believe you haven't left the country in 3 years, so they give you a RQ, just to be sure.

It's the same as with the border control - write on your declaration card that you didn't bring any goods to Canada  and I can guarantee you that you will have to open your luggage.

Posted By: Edmonton
Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:30pm
lina , they give RQ for funny resons,they wast for our time and thier time,as I see that all who get RQ get the citizenship but with delay of mininum 1 year.
any way according to the citizenship act there is no broplem with that list written on the first post in this thread,for example I applied on diffrent time of my family or my family is living abroad or what ever,I am the applicant not my family,I am here physicaly for 3 years so I am elegable to get the citizenship,somtimes CIC have some doubt that you was not physicaly here in Canada and that is why they give you RQ.
any way they wast thier money and time,we are not losing any thing even if you go to the fedral court they will pay for the lawer if you get the citizenship,and for you info by the court you may need only 730 days only not 1095 if you have good lawyer.
I wish they finish with my RQ within few days ,then the fedral court will grant me the citizenship in a mazimum of 2 months
Originally posted by Lina_Mississauga Lina_Mississauga wrote:

Ok let's start
applied July 2008
file transferred on the famous date of March 31 2009
test July 2009
RQ( with no absence at all) 13 days after the test.
assurances from the call center that niether judge interview is needed, nor further documents, everything is OK, and no oath at the moment! Moreover I should be patient! After almost 17 months I'm still patient.

Any similar dates with RQ would like to share?
Or any similar case, RQ with no absence? Please share...
Thanks

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:38pm
sputnikx CIC won't take my word, they suppose to take the word of my document which they were with me, up till now I don't see what arouse the doubts. Any way what happened happened and I'm sure they realized by now that my case doesn't require an RQ.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:10am
This is teka, isn't it?

Originally posted by Edmonton Edmonton wrote:

lina , they give RQ for funny resons,they wast for our time and thier time,as I see that all who get RQ get the citizenship but with delay of mininum 1 year.

any way according to the citizenship act there is no broplem with that list written on the first post in this thread,for example I applied on diffrent time of my family or my family is living abroad or what ever,I am the applicant not my family,I am here physicaly for 3 years so I am elegable to get the citizenship,somtimes CIC have some doubt that you was not physicaly here in Canada and that is why they give you RQ.

any way they wast thier money and time,we are not losing any thing even if you go to the fedral court they will pay for the lawer if you get the citizenship,and for you info by the court you may need only 730 days only not 1095 if you have good lawyer.

I wish they finish with my RQ within few days ,then the fedral court will grant me the citizenship in a mazimum of 2 months

Ok let's start applied July 2008 file transferred on the famous date of March 31 2009 test July 2009 RQ( with no absence at all) 13 days after the test. assurances from the call center that niether judge interview is needed, nor further documents, everything is OK, and no oath at the moment! Moreover I should be patient! After almost 17 months I'm still patient. Any similar dates with RQ would like to share? Or any similar case, RQ with no absence? Please share... Thanks

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:45pm
Is there any progress on the RQ cases?
Keep your fingers crossed....

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:54pm
No update CANVIS2006, waiting my July 2009 RQ....

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:04pm
ecs, Remember goud from the old forum he applied on a different date from his wife, he got it with no RQ. So I believe this is not an issue.
ecs, for me reason is not important because there is no absence, but it's not fair that my file should take the same long time as any one with absence. That's now my whole point. Right?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:09pm
Absolutely agree with you. Its unfair that they suspected your residency and now you end up waiting like other RQ applicants for whatever amount of time. For me it seems they should have a tier level for RQ'd applicants. IF they jsut suspect someone for a minor reason, they should review these applicants's file sooner than reviewing file from an RQ applicant who has had a permanent residency in another country.

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay
Resent:12Jun
Spon Appvd:03Sep
AOR(Buffalo):14Sep
PPR Request:23Nov
Landed:25Nov

Posted By: haddad21
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:10pm
Hey Lina,

I have been reading your posts and case. I know it is frustrating. However, we are paying the price of others who lied. I am in the same boat as you are. I did my exam and after the exam the officer gave me an RQ. She saw multiple travels to Dubai and Brussels for short periods. She had doubts that I maybe lying like others. She gave me the RQ and I felt so offended because I am not lying and was treated as a liar. I went back and submitted all documents and proofs that I could to prove that I was in Canada the whole period. One of them is a letter from my doctor stating that i have been taking allergy shots every month at his clinic. I did submit the documents two days after the exam. I hope I don't get delayed. According to the laws if the documents satisfies the officer the process should continue without any delays.

Keep us posted with your case,

Regards,

Posted By: sputnikx
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:42pm
I was wondering .. are there any CIC offices who give more RQs than others?

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:55pm
Based on the posts in this forum, Mississauga and Edmonton offices are giving more RQs than others.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 1:38pm
any one knows,If we applied as afamily and one of us faced some delay RQ,Fingerprint...etc,can we request to proceed with the application for the other family members?

Posted By: Suraya
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:24pm
Which office are less chances of giving RQ (may be need to live in remote areas )

Cry

-------------
Suraya

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:30pm
premaman3 On the application package they put it clearly that " you should put all your family's applications in one envelope if you want them to be processed together, otherwise if you want to separate a case from the others you should put the application that you want to be processed separatly in a separate envelope".

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:50pm
haddad21 you're right, it's frustrating. I'm not worried since my supporting documents are more than sufficient, but I'm upset. And yes my argument with them was focused on the fact that my case is with no absence and shouldn't take a long time, moreover my documents are totally clear not a single doubt about them. I'll post any further update that might come up. Thank for your comment.

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:53pm
Suraya London Ontario is the best so far...

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 12:37am
Hey Lina,

Just checked today the thread for Vancouver September test takers and looks like Vancouver office started booking people for the Oath, those who did their exam in September. I did mine on Sep 22nd and didn't get the oath. Another person posted that he did the test on Sep 30 and got the oath on Dec 23rd.

I guess now I am like you now in the waiting game without any updates...... :-(

Regards,

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 1:06pm
Lina...thanks I know that,but  If later on and during the process ,a judge interview  or more complication came up for one of us, Do we still can do anything so one will not delay the other?

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:52pm
premaman3 Must be a different judge, no other reason...

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm
Sorry my pervious reply was for HADDAD 21
Sorry premaman3, my mistake.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:00pm
I called cic today they said yes we can request one application to be processed separetely

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:06pm
Lina.....The reason I am asking is that: My wife did not declare one visit abroad,whic could make her 45 days than 1095, now she regrets that,and worried that they might find out,and she will be in bas situation,she is suggesting diffrent scenarios:
1- To call them and tell them it was amistake.
2-wait for RQ and then declare her absence and and explain that as amistake in her application.
3-Just wait to see it might be just easy and smooth.
She is living here since 2005 with only the above absence.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:31pm
No one dare to play with CIC I don't know what to say, but It's too late for you now to declare. If you only waited those 45 days! Too late now, don't do anything just wait for them, they always target the main applicant which is you... I hope everything will be OK for you.
In all cases it's up to the judge. Pray for a good one.

Posted By: niagara
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:59pm
hey guys i have new update i will have my oath on jan 20 /2010 and here is my timeline
applied : jan 19/2009
received :jan 22/2009
in process: june 16/2009
filr transferred july 20/2009
test date sep28/2009
RQ received oct 15/2009 ( with no reason)
oath will be held jan 20/2010
so it takes a year to have your citizenship. about the RQ as i said i received it with no reason i didn't leave canada since i became a PR. the good thing is that i won't have to have an interview with the judge.
good luck for all of you guys

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:17am
niagara Good for you! I was blessed by living in Mississauga... give my case, which is exactly like yours, I mean RQ with no absence, give it twice the time. But guess what, no interview is needed too...

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:41am
No wonder Niagara, in Niagara falls there will be only 100 taking their oath in January compared to 1000 in Mississauga! It's so fortunate that they don't multiply our time-line here by 10 too
This is funny..

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:08am
some local offices such as hamilton,niagara,london, mississauga etc have posted oath ceremony dates for january.
I guess that's a proactive approach by those local offices.

Posted By: junooni
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 4:42am
Hi Folks,

I recently took citizenship test and am now waiting for the next step. My test date was Nov 28th 2009. My case has so many red flags that it will be a miracle if I don't find myself face to face with a judge. I am at least expecting an RQ for the following reasons:

1. During my entire stay in Canada, I was working in US.
2. In the last 4 years, I made about 40 trips to US and other countries (about 80 stamps in my passports)
3. I became US permanent resident about 2 years ago.
4. I moved to US before applying for citizenship and have US address.
5. I have kept a US number all along and that is the number I gave to CIC
6. My recent passport was issued by a consulate in US (previous one was issued in Canada)

I will keep you guys posted.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 2:59pm
Hi junooni,

How was your interview on test day with the citizenship officer?

I don't think every case like that gets RQ-ed, as long as you've declared all trips and meet the criteria for citizenship....
Did they indicate by their manner or questions about hint of RQ?

Posted By: Palestine
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 4:10pm
hey guys
i applied in Feb 5, 2009
my oath ceremony in Dec 23,2009

Niagara Falls office

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:22pm
hey Palestine that's not bad, overall 10 months total time!
congratulations!

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:34pm
Interview was good. It lasted about 8-10 minutes. Immigration officer was polite and friendly. We chatted about exceptionally mild weather and kids. She checked only a few dates (there were way too many to go through). It was pleasant overall.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:38pm
Junooni, which office was your local office?
Seems you had a good interview, less chances of RQ.
Just wait for oath!

Posted By: Palestine
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 9:37pm
thanx canvis

Posted By: sarin_j
Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 10:43pm
junooni,

I will be very interested in how your case proceeds. Please keep us all posted. Also, where was your case processed? Meaning what CIC Office?

Posted By: mississauga2
Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 4:09am
We requested to separate our son's application from other family members and Mississauga office accepted it and process his application separately due to finger printing.

premaman3 On the application package they put it clearly that " you should put all your family's applications in one envelope if you want them to be processed together, otherwise if you want to separate a case from the others you should put the application that you want to be processed separatly in a separate envelope".

Date Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 8:56am
Thanks Mississauga 2.....does it take much time to start processing the other applications,and how did  you requested that.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 2:55pm
I called up CIC call centre and told them the situation, they then gave me the address of mississauga office and file reference number.  They asked me to send a letter signed by my son to process his application separately. After two weeks he received test letter.
Originally posted by premaman3 premaman3 wrote:

Thanks Mississauga 2.....does it take much time to start processing the other applications,and how did  you requested that.

Posted By: sinbad
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 4:15pm
Hi im new member

im curently waiting for the test

the problem is that i dont have my old passport my embassy dont allow us to keep old passport but i have a copy of all pages were stamped by my ambassy

do you think it will be enough to avoid RQ ?

Thank you

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:24am
as long as you have a copy of the whole passport, it should be ok.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:07pm
Folks,

My status was updated today and I am invited to attend the Oath Ceremony. I guess there is more going on behind the scene than just looking out for some red flags. That said, my case is very legit and I had all the documents I needed to establish that.

Good luck.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:42pm
It is inefficient and error prone how the physical presence requirement is enforced. In my opinion, all CIC needs to do is to scan/swipe PR card on each entry/exit. They have the technology and infrastructure already in place.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:47pm
Hello,

I agree with you Junoni. They should swipe or stamp all non-canadian passports on the exit or at least non European/North American passport. In my case, I am Lebanese and many Lebanese have cheated on the Canadian government. I am not agaist Canada protecting herself from these types of cheating but at least they should take counter measures so that not everybody is treated based those who lied. I said it before, I am paying the price of those who lied and I got an RQ on the day of the test.

I am happy for you and enjoy the nice christmas gift! :-)

Regards,

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 9:23pm
Hi there,

Do you think that the country of origin is a factor of RQ. CIC states that CIC applicants are equal but is it true ?

Do you think CIC give more RQ to people coming from Africa, Middle East ... than people coming from Europe or Australia for instant ?  Dead

Please share your point of view. 

-------------
Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:22pm
Congrats Junooni! Now you can see the benefits of RQ vs. swiping PR card enjoy being Canadian... American is you next.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:43pm
happytaz, it could be the case. Not always though.
So far, i have not had a bad experience with CIC during last 9 years of stay in Canada (7 of those on SP/WP).
I faced discrimination from US Immigration though, because of my country of origin passport. If you're from a muslim country you COULD face issues, but not everyone....just your luck....

Junooni, if CIC starts to swipe stamp passports, it will bring down a whole freaking business/industry which gets employment when people overstay/hide, etc.....

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:36am

Congrats Junooni! Now you can see the benefits of RQ vs. swiping PR card enjoy being Canadian... American is you next.

I am not sure I quite understand your comment.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:41am
Originally posted by happytaz happytaz wrote:

Hi there,
Do you think that the country of origin is a factor of RQ. CIC states that CIC applicants are equal but is it true ?

Do you think CIC give more RQ to people coming from Africa, Middle East ... than people coming from Europe or Australia for instant ?  Dead

Please share your point of view. 

As I mentioned in another thread on this forum, my application had a number of red flags and I was ready for an interview (or at least an RQ). On top of that, the fraud application rate is quite high from my country of origin. I guess I just got lucky.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 12:45am
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

happytaz, it could be the case. Not always though.
So far, i have not had a bad experience with CIC during last 9 years of stay in Canada (7 of those on SP/WP).
I faced discrimination from US Immigration though, because of my country of origin passport. If you're from a muslim country you COULD face issues, but not everyone....just your luck....

Junooni, if CIC starts to swipe stamp passports, it will bring down a whole freaking business/industry which gets employment when people overstay/hide, etc.....

I am a PR of both US and Canada for the last couple of years and I have crossed the border more times than I would care to remember. Although Canadian immigration and border petrol is friendlier, I have found that the officers on both sides of the border adhere to the letter and spirit of the law. 

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:32am
Hello,

I think if you are from middle east you have more chance of getting RQ. It is not always the case but because we "Lebanese" have a very bad history with the Canadian government I think they tend to be more carefull when reviewing our case. My case was clear until I had the exam. After the exam the officer saw multiple entries to Brussels and Dubai and had doubts that I may be lying. Anyways, I hope they don't delay my application because honestly I have submitted all documents with many proofs that show I am a resident of Canada only!

Again Congrats for you and those who got their Oath!

Remark:
- When I was submitting my RQ I felt so bad because at the same time I saw other group of people getting out from the Oath Ceremony! I was like, I should be among those and not in the boat of liars! :-(

Regards,

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by junooni junooni wrote:

I am not sure I quite understand your comment.

What I meant that there would be no chance for luck in case of swiping PR card. For you, touch wood!

Posted By: Edmonton
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 7:51pm
any one know if CIC takes holiday for the christmas and for how long.
I know that schools for example close from December 19 to January 4th

Posted By: calgary2010
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 2:04am
I need some advise on what to do or expect, my PR visa was issued on my old passport that have expired/cancelled n lost. but I got stamped on depature/arrival as a Landed Immigrant on my current passport and I have never travel out of the country since I got Landed in 05. what do u guys think? need advise pls? will the lost passport be of any concerns?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:06pm

No Edmonton, CIC always available except on statutory holidays, however employees would apply for a short leave for the season.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:01am
Prepare yourself for RQ.

Originally posted by sinbad sinbad wrote:

Hi im new member

the problem is that i dont have my old passport my embassy dont allow us to keep old passport but i have a copy of all pages were stamped by my ambassy

Thank you

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:03am
That is the time when the mess starts, they stop working even after christmas and new year holidays. The back log will start pilling up. It's Government office.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:04am
Prepare yourself for a long delay and RQ

Originally posted by calgary2010 calgary2010 wrote:

I need some advise on what to do or expect, my PR visa was issued on my old passport that have expired/cancelled n lost. but I got stamped on depature/arrival as a Landed Immigrant on my current passport and I have never travel out of the country since I got Landed in 05. what do u guys think? need advise pls? will the lost passport be of any concerns?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:35am
Mississauga already announced the Ceremonies for January,about 1000 new Canadians,so they have to work as before and send the invitation letters. so I do not think the holidays will have an effect on the general process. Also do not forget that they leraned from previous yeras  due to the delays they had.For example ,on Oct. they organized ceremonies for more than 1500 people,and in December only 700. so they did that in order to maintain the average of 1000 a month,which is the capacity of Mississauga office.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:40am
Originally posted by mississauga2 mississauga2 wrote:

Prepare yourself for RQ.

Hi im new member

Thank you
txs for you feedback mississauga2 i m confused as per other members chances are that RQ will be avoid if i have a legaly stamped photocopy of passport pages , and CIC agents already know that some country are taking back the old passports

no?

Posted By: CastAway
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by haddad21 haddad21 wrote:

Hey Lina, 

I went back and submitted all documents and proofs that I could to prove that I was in Canada the whole period. One of them is a letter from my doctor stating that i have been taking allergy shots every month at his clinic.

Hey Haddad

My citizenship is still 3 years away (landed immigrant here :D) but I was just wondering about that stuff you said regarding proving to the CIC that you really were in Canada the whole time. By "whole time" do you mean the entire 3 years ? How do you go abouts proving that ? Should I start keeping records for my Citizenship app starting now ?

Cast

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 2:12pm
yeah castaway, keep all your bills, bank statements, pay tubs, etc from day 1 to the day you apply for citizenship.
Save your passports, make copies of whole passports, keep the COPR safe, and keep passport safe (in bank locker), etc.
Get copy of lease(apartment, etc). Visit doctor every 2-3 months at least just for having records of visits....

Be proactive....

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:11pm
Canvis 2006 : The best thing to do ,is yes do not through away any paper, Bank Statm. , Credit cards, Taxes,schools reports,employment and the pay stubs,rent payements ,car,insurance,anything I mean everything,you might need the one day.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
Hey Cast,

I guess the other guys did answer the question. The officer told me that they go back four years! I didn't understand why since four years ago I wasn't even a landed immigrant yet. You need to go back 3 to 4 years since your application submission.

Hope this answers your question,

Regards,

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:24pm
txs for you feedback mississauga2 i m confused as per other members chances are that RQ will be avoid if i have a legaly stamped photocopy of passport pages , and CIC agents already know that some country are taking back the old passports

no?
Sinbad, do not panic. Some applicants don't even have they old passport asked or checked.

Gather as much proofs as you can (just in case). Canvis gave me a good advise too : try to get a letter from your embassy saying that they had to keep your old passport due to your country regulation.

I'm in the same situation. My embassy kept my old passport and I do not have photocopies. My embassy kindly issue the letter. In the mean time I have collected  my pay stubs and try to get in contact with my previous landlord. 

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't have their old passport the day of the test.

-------------
Sent: April 7 2009 | Received: September 21 2009 |In Process: October 29 2009 | Transferred: December 7 2009 | Test : April 22 2010| Oath : July 1 2010

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:32pm
let's hope nobody gets the damned rq.....hopefully everyone will get oath after test!
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst....and take it with you on test day......

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:05am
If you have full copy of passport stamped by your Embassy and proof that expired passport is held by them, then it should be ok. CIC looks very seriously to those cases where any passport is missing/Lost/Held By Embassy.

Originally posted by mississauga2 mississauga2 wrote:

Prepare yourself for RQ.

Hi im new member

Thank you

no?

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:00pm
thanks

my ambassy website already mention country's policy  to take back the expired passport after renewal
should i only print this webpage?

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:26pm

yeah castaway, keep all your :

- bills,
- bank statements,
- pay tubs,

etc from day 1 to the day you apply for citizenship.
Save your passports, make copies of whole passports, keep the COPR safe, and keep passport safe (in bank locker), etc.
Get copy of lease(apartment, etc). Visit doctor every 2-3 months at least just for having records of visits....

Be proactive....

WTF ? Are you serious ? Should I keep all these docs just in case I get slapped with an RQ ? Can´t believe this ...Dead

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:29pm

Canvis 2006 : The best thing to do ,is yes do not through away any :

-paper,
-Bank Statm. ,
-Credit cards,
-Taxes,
-schools reports,
-employment contract
-pay stubs,
-rent payements ,
-car insurance

anything I mean everything,you might need the one day.

Oh, I think we´re missing one thing : Every single piece of toilet paper ever used.Dead

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:31pm
lol...hey....the onus is on YOU to prove to CIC that you're here ;)

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by CastAway CastAway wrote:

Canvis 2006 : The best thing to do ,is yes do not through away any :

-paper,

-Bank Statm. ,

-Credit cards,

-Taxes,

-schools reports,

-employment contract

-pay stubs,

-rent payements ,

-car insurance

anything I mean everything,you might need the one day.

Oh, I think we´re missing one thing : Every single piece of toilet paper ever used.Dead

Exactly!

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 12:34am
Did anyone ask to show the old passport which got expired before landing in Canada???
My current passport was issued 3 months before i came to Canada, has PR visa on it and still valid for more than a year. After reading these posts regarding old passsport, i am getting worried that they might ask for the old passport which i destroyed before coming hereConfused

Posted By: iyusufali
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm
I don't think you need to worry about that Shah. I believe they are only interested in your old passport if it was used from the time you arrived in Canada. So you should be okay in my opinion but thats just my opinion.

Good luck.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:18pm

yeah castaway, keep all your bills, bank statements, pay tubs, etc from day 1 to the day you apply for citizenship.

Be proactive....

Hi,

My landlord from 2004/2005 has agreed to write me a letter attesting that I was her tenant in 2004/2005. She asked me to write the letter. She will print it and send it to me by mail.

Do you have any suggestion of what I should write to make sure the agent likes the letter (if I need it).

What about :

To Citizenship & immigration Canada

Vancouver

January 2, 2010

I, "my landlord's name" by this letter certify that "happytaz " was my tenant at "address" from August 1th 2004 to May 31st 2005.

If you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact me by phone at 604 XXX XXX

Best regards,

XXXXXX

Thanks

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:12pm
is this english writting class?  jk.Smile
wording seems ok to me, except i would start with,
To whome it may concern.
i think, a rental lease (if you can get it in old dates) would be more effective than this letter.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by iyusufali iyusufali wrote:

I don't think you need to worry about that Shah. I believe they are only interested in your old passport if it was used from the time you arrived in Canada. So you should be okay in my opinion but thats just my opinion.

Good luck.

Thanks iyusufali, feeling much betterBig smile

Posted By: fareezj
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:49pm

Hello there question about the bills or bank statement or visa statement I lived in Canada for 1111 days just one time travel outside in the last three years for 18 days only then applied for citizenship then left Canada got job in Dubai now I am there after I apply now my question that maybe I will take questioner for sure for the travel in my passport and travel after the three years question is do I send copy for the questioner or original copies???? Thanks  

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:54pm
Hi Happytaz,

"to whom it may concern" is better than them writing CIC's address......make sure you get the dates/years/months correct, and that the letter is signed by landlord........

Good Luck

Posted By: dadadada72
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 11:59pm
hi,
I am waiting for the test appointment, all my original documents are plastified, i did 2 years ago to protect hem so i dont know if the officer will make problem because of that ? i am scare to death...........do anyone can advise me ?

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:04am
well,

you need to make sure your passport, your COPR copy, PR card etc are available for them to check.....other than driver's licenses and health cards, etc

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:08am
fareezj, when did you applied? and what about this "1111" days???? you are the third person i know who applied after 1111 days, including meHug. lucky number -->1111.   

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 12:09am

Hi Happytaz,

"to whom it may concern" is better than them writing CIC's address......make sure you get the dates/years/months correct, and that the letter is signed by landlord........

Good Luck

Ok. I will change to "to may it may concern"

Otherwise do you think the letter is correct ?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window