Print Page | Close Window

H&C PR application

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1825
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 5:38am

Topic: H&C PR application
Posted By: afimiko
Subject: H&C PR application
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:12pm
We did send a H&C ( humanitarion and compassionate) PR application in November 2007 to Vegreville,  file transferred to CPC-Missisauga in January 2008 and since then we haven't hear anything from CIC at all !

Is it usual ? And my spouse information shows in the e-cas but mine doesn't show at all.

Afi

Replies:
Posted By: RobsLuv
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 9:16pm
Not sure I understand.  You mention your spouse's eCAS - was this an application filed for PR for the spouse of a Canadian?  If so, if you applied via an H&C ap, why???  You'll have to provide more info before we can help with any info/advice.

-------------
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 11:34am
My spouse and I have been here for 16 years... Our refugee claim was denied and we applied for the H & C with her as the principal applicant. We are from a country that is the moratorium, meaninng that the canadian Government doesn't send people back to my country as long as there is civil unrest over there.

When I check the status of the application online ,using my client ID number or receipt #, nothing comes up.
But when I check it using my spouse's client ID #, then I see the message saying that the file has been transferred to the local CPC in Mississauga IN January 2008 and since then, nothing more !

Regards,

Afi

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:21pm
It may be because as sponsor, although an applicant applys, it is the sponsors file, hence why you only see information on your spouse's file.

In regards the file transfure to ON, you could ring them, but what is happening with the status of the application is anyones guess.

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:35pm

Very difficult to sit in this kind of limbo, I tell you !

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:36pm
I have no doubt

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Posted By: britincanada
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:08pm
I agree with Redegal, I would call the CPC in Mississauga, I have heard some cases can take years, however to sit in limbo like this for 2 years already is not an ideal or comfortable situation, I would remind them that your case still exists, may be a simple explanation as to why you are waiting for so long!

I hope you get an answer soon Smile

-------------
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:11pm
I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi

Thats alright for them to say! They have the 'security' and piece of mind that they have the right to work and live in Canada on a permanent basis without the risk of being removed when CIC feels like it!! That just makes me mad!!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 1:36am
If there is anybody else out there with an H& C case that is waiting to hear back from CIC ; I would like to hear it too...

Posted By: Rsidney
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 10:33am
Hi Afimiko,

I'm sorry to hear that is taking so long. My application is under H&C as well. I've been in Canada for 5 year. I decided to apply in 2008 my lawyer suggested two applications one under Skilled worker and "a backup plan" under H&C. I lost one year with the lawyer who couldn't care less with my case. Then I gave up the skilled worker application and did only the H&C. After a long year he put the application in April 2009. In June of 2009 my application was transfered to Etobicoke local office, in March of this year I got a call fro CIC asking for a copy of my new passport. A bunch of weird stuff happened and on March 23 I received AIP from CIC. On March 29 I got another letter asking for my original passport, pay the 490.00 fee, medical exams and police certificates. I have sent everything now I'm waiting for the interview letter. My lawyer had told me that my application would take 36 months to hear from CIC she was surprised that it didn't take that long. After I got the first letter she told me, it would take at least 12 months to hear from them again, and 6 days later I got another letter.

I think you should call them again, I don't understand why we have to wait for so long. I know it's hard but keep going and don't give up.

Sidney.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm
I just called the CIC , guess what ? Nothing new that they can tell me about my case...

Posted By: westendgirl
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:18am

Same here,

I have a H&C application since 2004 and I am still waiting for decision. I am not sure if this will ever come as all the people I know that filed after have received their decision (good or bad).

I have 2 young children and our lives have been hanging on this approval.

I am have a good job and have been with my employer for more than 4 years. I also have a property and car loan. I am concerned that the wait may be negative.

Please advise me if you or someone you know have gone through this before. Or if you have knowledge on how it works. My file had been at the Etobicoke Immigratin office for 6 years now.

Are there any steps I can take to make it quicker and positive?

Thanks,

Westendgirl

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:45pm
I know a guy that just went thru a similar situation but then He got a cal from CIC once to bring his passport and they simply gave him the permanent residency... As simple as that !   He has been waiting for a little bit more than 4 years...

In my own case ; I just received a letter from CIC requesting me to fill all the forms again, otherwise they will decide based on what they have !!!
The same forms that I gave them already ( completely filled)...   I just don't understand it !!!    WHAT'S GOING ON ?!?!?!

Can somebody help me make sens of that one, please ?
After 2 and half years they just ask me to fill it one more time ?  And I have 30 days to do it or else !!!
right now I've only 2 weeks left to do that !   I don't know how or when simply because I'm working 2 jobs right now and barely gives me time to do toher things !!

Posted By: umairq00
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
Hi there,

Seems like many people are having problems and confusions regarding applying in the HCC category. I, myself was planning to apply under HCC category. I can apply in both Skilled Worker and HCC category and wanted to have an opinion about which one should be preferred.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp - This link  shows that the processing time is about 22 months for the HCC applications. But by observing the time mentioned above by few members, it' doesn't look like this. 

Another thing is that when one has applied under the skilled worker or under HCC category, is it legal to work in Canada while waiting for the result?

Thanks, 

Posted By: daniel
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:28pm

Hello,

I want to thank every individual on this site for the great contributions you've all been adding to peoples life in thier immigration battle. God Bless you all for all the words of encouragement. Please i need a serious answer to this proble of mine. Here is my case bellow. thanks. Any imput will be appreciated.

Seek Refugee ;- Dec 05,2005
Case Denied:-  Sept ,2006
Married my wife:- March,2007
First Kid Came:- Nov ,2007
Sponsorship application submitted to Vegriville :- April,2007
Case Transfered to Local Office:- January 2008.
Second Kid:- Came june 2009
Local Office ask for more document :- march , 2010.
Local Office Sent a letter to me:- Eligibility Requirement Met.
Local Office Sent Another letter:- Interview schedule for December.
When for interview:- The immigration officer said that she will get back to me and my wife.
Decision made:- Sponsorship application refused. because my wife said that she doesn't love me again to the IO.
January 2011:- We separated because of her infidelity in the marriage.
January 2011:- I took her to court to get the 2 kids from her.
January 2011:- I was given the full custody of the 2 kids.
Febuary 2011:- I submitted H&C Application for PR.

Since then, i have not hard any thing from the immigration.I included the court order saying that i have the full custody of the kids in the application for the PR. Pls, do i stand a chance for my PR to be considered under H&C? and pls do you think that i can be approved for the H&C from Vegreville for the AIp? with out them transfering the file again to the local office? And how long can it takes for the H&C APPLICATION? Thanks and looking for your positive out come. God blesss you all.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:57pm
July 2010 I was asked to fill out the IMM5001 again... I filled it and submitted it as requested and 3 weeks later ( August 2010 ) I was asked to provide passport and other IDs.
November 2010 : Submitted the passports and requested documents

March 2011 : Received the AIP ( First stage approval)
March 2011: received a letter requesting medical, police check and landing fees
April 2011: completed the medicals, police check and paid the landing fees

April 2011 until now : waiting game....

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:10pm

July 2010 I was asked to fill out the IMM5001 again... I filled it and submitted it as requested and 3 weeks later ( August 2010 ) I was asked to provide passport and other IDs.
November 2010 : Submitted the passports and requested documents

March 2011 : Received the AIP ( First stage approval)
March 2011: received a letter requesting medical, police check and landing fees
April 2011: completed the medicals, police check and paid the landing fees

April 2011 until now : waiting game....

Sounds pretty positive for you so far, perhaps CIC lost your IMM5001? After all they are only people that are processing your case, Did CIC request payment of landing fees? If so they do not usually do this unless PR is going to be issued! Sounds like you could be near the end Smile...Lets hope so! Every case is different and does not always take 22 months, thats just an average!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:51pm
So whenever CIC asks an applicant to pay the landing fees that means a positive outcome ?

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:56pm
uMairq00 :   It's perfectly normal to work while waiting for the results of your case...

I was working all the time, with a work permit. And they keep on renewing it each year or every 2 years...and It's a OWP that I've always had since 2001 !!!

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
@ WESTEND GIRL: any update yet in your case ?

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 8:58am

So whenever CIC asks an applicant to pay the landing fees that means a positive outcome ?

Generally, unless they find a reason not to approve the application after you have paid RPRF, Next step should be request for passport. CIC doesnt like to do refunds, its a long process...unless they really need to.

In my case I didnt pay RPRF with my application fee, I was requested my landing fees on 16 August 2010, my PPR was on 27 August 2010 and I Landed on 29 September 2010!

I know a few other people on here with the same outcome! Think positive and you will get there Smile 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
Actually they did request the passport but I gave them only the copies of our passport... I heard stories of people that got theirs passports lost by CIC...

Do I need giving them the original as well ?

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:29pm
Just found this that may help you, I have just been informed by a friend of mine that CIC wont require you to send your passport for inland you take it with you to the Visa office, you should be expecting a letter to say if your approved and an appointment for your landing interview. Here is a link with the flow chart on it on page 23.  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5289E.PDF - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5289E.PDF

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm
Thank you very much BritinCanada !

And so continues the waiting game !   I know that it near the end.

Posted By: susan
Date Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:24am
Good day.
My H&C grounds application is in process since August 2009. Its almost 2 yrs now and still I have not heard anything from cic office. Is there anyone who apply arround the same time as me?

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:20pm
Hi Susan,

Very dificult to predict anything for a H&C case before the first stage approval ( AIP)...  It's all in the hands on the IO...

Pray that a good minded agent has your case...  
People are saying that an H&C case can go up to 36 months... How true is that , I don't know !

All I know is that it's the longest process of all the PR category !

Be positive, think positive and it's all going to be positive !

Afi

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:54pm

Hi Susan,

Very dificult to predict anything for a H&C case before the first stage approval ( AIP)...  It's all in the hands on the IO...

Pray that a good minded agent has your case...  
People are saying that an H&C case can go up to 36 months... How true is that , I don't know !

All I know is that it's the longest process of all the PR category !

Be positive, think positive and it's all going to be positive !

Afi

Susan, I agree sad but true 90% of the time your PR approval depends on the IO's that are working on your case, its not just one IO, but many! Try to stay positive, its all worth it in the end. The length of time taken to process a case can depend on how well organized your application is, if CIC has to keep asking for documents/medicals/payments then as much as 3-4 months can be added onto your processing time because your case is then put on a back burner whilst somebody elses case is being looked at in the mean time

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:56pm
Have you had your AIP? If not I would call CIC to find out whats going on!

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:54pm

Hi guys,

You know, H&C is a drama. I don't want to give you guys bad news, just have faith and be patient.
I'm gonna tell you guys a bit of my story with CIC.

I did everything when it comes to application my lawer told me I had good chances in both H&C anf Skilled Worker, so I made both application and sent it at the same time. I got ready for both, including English test, letters from my employers in Brazil, my university degrees and so on.

I made a 6 page letter, saying why I believed I should stay and all that. Guess what happened?

I got a call from an IO asking for more documents, I told him I could send it he said no! Bring it to me. Well, I got to that point that I didn't care as much, I went there. He came got the documents, told me, "This doesn't mean anything, just to avoid your application to be stuck in the shelf forever"

Couples days later, he called me again, and for my surprise, he said, "I just wanted to make sure you were in your job." Five minutes ago, I got a call, from a private number. It was him, the first thing he said "what can you do for me?" I stared shaking in my chair, I couldn't believe I was actually hearing that. I asked him to repeat and stuff. Well, he's the button line, he was asking for 2K to approve my application. I got so frustrated that I wanted to get on on the first plane back home.

I told him I never had done anything like that in my life before. that I would call him back. He said no, I will call you later today.

I talked to my lawer who told me not to answer his calls. He called me, several times, I didn't answer but kept all the logs from his calls. He even called from a Bell Payphone. Which after a huge investigation it was proven that phone was located in front the CIC office in Etobicoke.

I didn't eat, sleep during all those days. And in a try to shut me up, he approved my case. 3 days later. But the damage was done. I put a letter together and sent to the minister of immigration.

2 immigration police officers came to my house. I wasn't there, They went to my work. They treated me super nice. They recorded my story. We gather all the logs from telephone calls, emails everythihng. Message that he left me.

They after that, I got a call from a private investigator who was hired my CIC to investigate him as well. He doesn't work in CIC anymore. He was charged with more than 6 crimes. I don't know all the details it's confidencial. It seems like a move. And guess what? I'm still waiting for the land interview. I got my AIP in March 2010, still waiting. I just hope this end.

So good luck, anything can happen. After 12K I spent with lawers and documents I had to go through all that. Just because I wanted a better life for myself. Honestly, I don't know if is worth it.

At least, today, I got a better job, and things are settling down.

God bless all of you,

Sid.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 9:33pm
Sid, so sorry to hear you went through that! I have heard similar stories on here before...there are some people that work for CIC that abuse their jobs. Hope you get good news soon! 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:04pm
Hello SID,

It's unbelivable that a cic officer could treat you that way.It's highly embarrassing to must have gone through all that but you are almost to the end of the road.It's just a matter of time, things will fall in to shape.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:07pm

please can any body give me a suggestion or an idea on my case? here is my time line bellow. thanks.

I want to thank every individual on this site for the great contributions you've all been adding to peoples life in thier immigration battle. God Bless you all for all the words of encouragement. Please i need a serious answer to this proble of mine. Here is my case bellow. thanks. Any imput will be appreciated.

Seek Refugee ;- Dec 05,2005
Case Denied:-  Sept ,2006
Married my wife:- March,2007
First Kid Came:- Nov ,2007
Sponsorship application submitted to Vegriville :- April,2007
Case Transfered to Local Office:- January 2008.
Second Kid:- Came june 2009
Local Office ask for more document :- march , 2010.
Local Office Sent a letter to me:- Eligibility Requirement Met.
Local Office Sent Another letter:- Interview schedule for December.
When for interview:- The immigration officer said that she will get back to me and my wife.
Decision made:- Sponsorship application refused. because my wife said that she doesn't love me again to the IO.
January 2011:- We separated because of her infidelity in the marriage.
January 2011:- I took her to court to get the 2 kids from her.
January 2011:- I was given the full custody of the 2 kids.
Febuary 2011:- I submitted H&C Application for PR.

Since then, i have not hard any thing from the immigration.I included the court order saying that i have the full custody of the kids in the application for the PR. Pls, do i stand a chance for my PR to be considered under H&C? and pls do you think that i can be approved for the H&C from Vegreville for the AIp? with out them transfering the file again to the local office? And how long can it takes for the H&C APPLICATION? Thanks and looking for your positive out come. God blesss you all.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:16pm
Daniel, looks like you have had a hard time of it, try and stay positive. Here is the page for the processing times for H&C.  http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp
Says they are processing applications for Jan 16 2011, so wont have got to yours yet.  You are looking at 5 - 6 months from when the process starts for AIP then another 16 months after that...you should be in process in another month or so, maybe sooner. Its a good thing you included the court order, I would say you should give them everything you have including a detailed explanation of your situation. After all these are people that dont know you and your job is to convince the IO your the real deal, even thought you know you deserve the PR. Keep your chin up and keep think positively! 

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 10:37pm
Hi guys,

Thanks, you know, I told my wife I would figure some way out during this terrible time. At the end I try to see some light at the end of the tunnel. What I figured was, "Well now, if they reject my application I have a good reason to appeal." My biggest fear was that it would be my word (a person with no status, therefore, no rights) against an IO. But the two police officer who took my case were really good with me. They gave me all the attention I need. The guy was being watched 24/7 and after an year, he made a move again on somebody else.

He approved my case thinking that since I got it, I would let it go and keep my mouth shut. Too bad for him, because I could even leave Canada for good, but I didn't want anybody else to go through this hell.

I know, now, everything is almost completed. For the last 15 months, I have opened my door in the hope I will see a letter from CIC and this will be over.

Once again, thanks. That's all we have, hope!

Sid. 

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 9:48am
@ Sid have you done your medical already and when did you apply for H&C? Confused

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 9:56am
Hello Britincanada,

Thanks for your wonderful word of encouragement. It's been a long Journey for me and some times i wonder if it will get to the end but believing in God, i will surely over come the storm at the end.I just keep on praying for every individual going through this on this site that will we all overcome it some day. Thanks once more and God bless you for your great input that gave me a great relief this morning.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 10:28am
Hi Daniel, I did my medical in april 200c

E

I

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 12:12pm
Hello Rsidney,

You are close to the end of the journey.

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 9:07pm
Sidney,

Thank you for sharing your story with us here...it's very touching !!!

Now one can wonder why the wait ?!?!?!  The most difficult part with H&C is to get the AIP... once AIP'd things should go normaly as with any other PR category application, they say...

I've been living in this limbo since 2003, when my refugee case got rejected by the IRB.

Since then, it's been like my life is practically on hold !    The funny thing is that my wife and I got 4 kids ( all canadian born) but it's as if it doesn't matter to those IO's that are handling the files !

My wife has been in this situation since 1998 !!!  

Thanks God we are from a country where they don't return people to because of the moratorium !

Afi

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2011 at 9:54pm
You are welcome, no matter what kind of case you have never let people tell you or believe that you wont get accepted (unless of course there is a good reason and you know it will stop your case from being approved) best thing you can do is tell it how it is and let the IO's do their job.

Everyone has a different story and each case is different, my PR case for example was a straight forward Family Class Sponsorship by my husband, however I had lived in Canada out of status for 17 months so I was worried that I would be denied...I think I would have been worried even if I hadn't of been out of status, its a natural reaction because you know that all you can do it put your case forward and pray that it all goes to plan. The IO's rarely deny a case without good grounds! 

Good luck with your application, its tough waiting, but don't get discouraged by the length of time it may take, just remember how many people apply to come here every year, no news is not always bad news! 

Smile

-------------
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 10:46pm
Today I received a letter from CIC Etobicoke containing a receipt for the payment of the right of residency fees... 

-------------
Nov 07:H&C received by Vegreville
Jan 08 :transferred to Etobicoke
June 10: request updated FORMS & ppt
Feb 11:AIP rcvd
Apr 11:medical,police & fees.
Feb 14:DM,approved,
Feb 28th: Landed in Etobicoke

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 7:17pm
Hello Afimiko,

Congratulations and i'm extremely happy for you that you are getting to the end of the road. there is a qoute that says " Within all of us, there is a storm. Some believe it will never end but he who has faith in heavens, will weather any storm".

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 7:50pm
Thanks Daniel  !

I'm still waiting for the interview appointment now...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 9:00pm
Afimiko,

you need not be worried at all because you've been told to pay you RPRF. (rIGHT OF pERMANENT rESIDENT fee). Relax God is in control

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 4:20pm
Thanks a lot, Daniel... Your turn will come before you know it !

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 11:05am
@ Afimiko congrates atleast u gives me some hope Big smileeven though u apply a year and a half before me, am still waiting I avn't  hear from cic office since Dec. 2009Confused

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 4:36pm
Hello Susan,

Please keep on beiing positive about the outcome and hope that a common sensed, open minded office has your case and it all going to be ok !

It's not good to be in the limbo like that, without knowing...

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 11:32pm
Hi guys,

Every time I check the CIC processing times my heart stops a little bit. They had changed the second stage for 13 months, now it has changed again to 20. That's not fair! I'm glad that I'm finally working now but I can't wait to go visit my mom who has been really sick and waiting day after day the moment I will call her and say, "Mom, it's done I finally got it". I pray everyday and I hope God give me the strenght I need...

Let's keeping hoping guys...

Sid.

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 12:23am
Hello Sid,

I believe that the 20 months time frame is for the whole process from begining to end...

They are targeting 20 months process time( including 1st and 2nd stage approval)  for all H&C cases...

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 3:00pm
Hello Afi,

I hope that's what's going on with this time frame. My line is a little different. I send my application on April 2009 and got the AIP in March 2010, sent all the things (fee, medical, passport) also in April 2010. In October 2010 it showed on my Ecas Medicals received. On April 2011 I got a call from Etobicoke asking me to confirm my address that was the last contact. So since my AIP i'm waiting 16 months for the second stage.

Sid.

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 11:00am
Hello Rsidney,

Your application, is it H&C Application? and how long does it take the IO to give you a first stage approval in your case?

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:37pm
Hi Daniel,

Yes, my application is on H&C grounds. I sent my application on April 2009 and got the first approval in March 2010.

Sid.

Date Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 12:40am
Hello Rsidney, your H&C was really fast. I hope i get first approve shortly too. i submitted my H&C on febuary 2011 and up till now, still waiting for the first approval. God is in control.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:09pm
Hey Sid,

Good to hear from you again !      Daniel is right: you AIP came in fast !

I just heard of a friend's fiancé who just got the AIP after 5 years... and after receiving the AIP, everything went fast !

June AIP
July Landed !

Pretty amazing time frame from AIP to landing !

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:20pm
Hi guys,

I know I can't complaint, just what happened in the middle as I said before. I lost one year with my lawyer who took an entire year to send my application.  We got to a point that I asked my money back and forget the whole thing. I did English test (IELTS), French class, volunteer job at Ryerson, letters from my employers in back home, letter from friends here and a 6 page letter. It has been a crazy ride.

Daniel, I know it was kinda fast, the problem is, once you send the application and you check that they received you know it will take some time. I didn't even bother checking online all the time, like some folks do. I just signed to e-cas tracker and "forgot" about. But once they start contacting you and ask for stuff, which with me happened from March 2010 to April 2010, then you start to go crazy, it has been more than a year that I suffer everytime I opened my door at home. "Please, I hope my letter is here" and nothing. Just pray and try to keep your mind busy.

I hope you get the AIP soon, it's a different feeling, believe me. I even walk more secure on the streets now. ;)

Sid

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 9:45pm
Hey Sid,

I know that feeling,my friend...  I already feel like a canadian !

Practically, I'm a canadian.... just not on papers !!!   Same for you too...

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:46am
Hello Rsidney,

Thanks for the word of encouragement. it's great having you and affimiko in this forum. I hope and pray to God to grant us all our heart desires. Amen. The journey is tough but it will surely come to an end.

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 8:09pm

Is there anyone who got goodSmile or bad newsConfused recently? It seems like am waiting forever

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 10:10am
Actually a weird thing happenned last week:I have a child from a previous marriage who lives in Africa with my siblings and I had to put his name on the CIC forms otherwise there will be no way to sponsor him when the time comes.

Last week I received a letter from The Canadian Embassy in my country telling me that they received a file from CIC Canada informing them that I want to brint my relative( I guess they refer to my son) to Canada. And they are now asking me to fill out the IMM forms and send it back to them within 90 days !

Is this a good or bad news ?  I can't tell for sure.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:18pm
@Afimiko this does sound like a good newsSmile

July 09: H&C recieved at Vegreville
Sept 09: Start Processing
Dec: File Transfer to Etobicoke
Aug 11: Still waiting, no AIP and no medical

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:28pm
I really hope so, Susan !

But it's the first time that I'd hear them proceeding this way thou...

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 12:30pm
And even thou I got the AIP already and did medical and all, I can't still access my e-cas !!!!

My wife is able to access her but it says : in process...  the same thing that it's been saying since 2009 !!!

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2011 at 12:43pm
Any updates?
As for me,  my application was approve 3 weeks ago and cic request medical which I did almost 2 weeks ago.

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 12:23pm
Hello Susan, congratulations. I have not had any thing from the Immigration regardind my case but i won my custody battle with my ex and i got the court order saying that the kids should be with thier dad at all times. my ex only have access visitation. I have gone to update my file at the cic local office. I hope this will really go along way to help my H&C application in canada. I have submitted my H&C  application since febuary,2011 and up till date, nothing is showing on my e-cas. I'm worried now?

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 4:24pm
Thank you Daniel. Congrates to you too an winning your custody bottle. As for your H&C aplication just have faith asnd evberything will be just fine.

Sept 2011: AIP recieve along with medical request

Date Posted: 23 Sep 2011 at 5:19pm
Hi guys,

Congrats for both of you. I haven't heard anything yet from CIC. I feel it kills me every day when I open my door and don't see a letter.

I'm waiting for the interview letter since March, 2010. I wont call the call center anymore. Those
people don't know a thing about the process in the local offices. So what's the point to call?

18 months have passed by since the AIP. Am I going to be the luck one to wait the full 24 months?
I hope not.

God bless you all.

Sid.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 8:12pm
Susan and Daniel : congratulations to both of you !!!

Susan, I believe that the most diffulct stage is the First One : the waiting is a killer ! Now you can relax a little bit, knowing that it's not going to take more than  months from this point on.

Daniel, keep on beiing positive , my friend, things are going to work out in your favor !

SID, It pains me to realize how these agents are sometimes... I can't help but think that someone is trying to make you pay for what happened with the rogue agent... It's really crazy !!!

But the good thing is that you will get that plastic card in your hands, no matter what !

Don't give up and don't stop hoping !

Regards,

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 11:18pm
Hello Affirmiko,

Thanks. I 'm still waiting to hear from the immigration about my case but i'm believing in God that all is well. I hope and pray that i get my first stage approval soon because i'm getting real tired and fed up already.

Daniel

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 9:07am
Hi Guys,
On Friday I called the CIC call Center and I was told that they are doing background checks on my son ( who is in Africa) at the same time as they are doing mine...

The funny thing is that I did not sponsor my son yet and did not ask for them to process him right away ( it usually delays inlands applications, I heard ).

DO they really do background checks on somebody who did not apply ? ??   
Never heard of this before ...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 1:09pm
Afirmiko,

That is strange you know.

Date Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 3:12pm
Thanks Sid and Afimiko....
Am here hpoing that all is well with my Medical I was told by the Doctor secretary that my result should be send to Ottowa this week.  CIC is yet to ask for Landing feeSmile

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 10:53pm
Hi Everyone, 

I got my first stage approval today! Apparently, it had been approved since September 9th and they did not send me any communication. I just called their call centre to inquire about my child's delayed Interim Federal Health only for the agent to inform me that it was refused because my son is now eligible for OHIP. He also checked my file and said that we had been approved first stage on H and C that we sent in 2004. 

I then went to the Etobicoke office, the officers were very apologetic saying that there were going to give me the letter to take to OHIP. Eventually, they gave me a faxed copy of the first stage approval.

Thanks to everyone for your advise; it is the grace of God. 

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 7:01am
Hello Westendgirl,

I'm really happy for you. Congratulations. Please could you tell me your time line on your H &C application? How long have you submitted it for? Since you've submitted it, have you gotten any order correspondent from cic other than the phone call you made to them? and is the best interest of a child working on H & C Application?

Sorry for all this question. I'm currently in this situation where by i got the custody of my 2 kids born here in canada and i have applyed for H &C  since february 2011 and i have not had any thing from them? so i was wandering if i have grounds under H&C APPLICATION. yOUR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. tHANKS.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 8:22pm
Hello WestEngGirl,

Congratulations on your AIP !  That one was longtime coming , I tell you !

Now you can breath a little bit... just a little bit, because it's not over yet... We've got to get the PR cards in hands , then we can rest, really.

Hello Daniel, WestendGirl applied back in 2004 and has been waiting since !

It doesn't mean that you are going to wait that long to get your AIP. Cases are differents and most importantly the Officers that are handling all these cases are different too...
It is always up to the officer : that's why it helps big time if your file is with an officer who's open-minded and with a golden heart.

Daniel, the best interest of a child are always taken into consideration when deciding about a case... but CIC wants us to bring up the " best interests of the child" points... they don't just take it into consideration if you don't bring it up in your application.

Keep beiing positive about your application, my friend...and all will be fine !

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 11:02pm
Hello afimiko,

Thanks for your words of relief. It's really nice having you on this forum. I'm really axious and been positive and at the same time, expecting a miracle to come in my mail any moment from now. I was given first approval before when i was with my ex wife but due to her infidelity, she told the officer that she is not sponsoring me again.

I am believing in god that all will be well shorthly. it's hard to be in this situation you know.

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:37am
@ Afimiko or Sidney
After your Medical was sent in to Ottawa did you recieve a letter from CIC stating that they recieve
your medical? My medical was sent on Sept, 29 and I call the call centre and I was told that my medical was recieve.

Sept 2011: AIP recieve along with medical request

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 12:14pm
Hello Susan,

CIC doesn't contact you regarding your medical upon receipt, unless there is an issue with your medical results then they will contact you about it.

I had to call CIC just to find out if my medical results were received already...

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 12:37pm
Hi WestEngGirl,

Congrats on your AIP God bless you, things will start to change and get better for you. Keep it up!

I got a letter from CIC and I was sure it was to schedule my interview but it was not, they were asking me about one of my Police Certificate that was missing, that is the second time have to send the same one. just hope this to over soon.

Susan, did my medicals in April 2010 only in October it showed on E-cas. They did not call or sent a letter. That is something hate in Canada things get in the air and one get lost without knowing if everything is fine or not. 

Sid

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:32pm
Hey guys,

Are you all able to see your application on line ( e-cas) ?

Mine never showed up in e-cas and when I contact CIC about it , the say that it's because it's H &C and tat type of application is no vewable online...

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:35pm
WestengGirl, have you , ever, been able to have the canadian child tax beneffit ?

I have 3 kids , all canadian born and they never let us have the cild tax benefit at all, claiming that since we have no status in Canada we can't have it, but our kids are CANADIANS !!!!!!!!!!!
and that money is for the kids, right ?!?!?!

Afi

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 2:34am
I know, they never gave me! Even though I have been working and paying the tax.....

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 2:37am
Thanks!!!

Mine was one of the longest in history, April 2004 to September 2011. But don't be alarmed, it rarely take that long for other. Good luck with yours.

Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 2:38am
Thanks! It came when I least expected it. God was so good to me!

Posted By: cor-32
Date Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 8:17am
I was about to be sponsored under the spousal class, my sponsor left me, taking our 2 canadian children with her.

Would i qualify under H & C PR? 
What about timelines?  Can i work during the process?
thanks

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:15am
Any updates from CIC as yet? As for me am still waiting since my application was approved last September.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 10:31am
Hi Susan,

Nothing yet on my side... hopefully soon !

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 8:34pm
Hi everyone,

Nothing from my side either. It will be 23 months after the AIP on march is 24. I have my vacation booked to march hopefully I get it soon. It's driving me nuts. Why so long OMG!

This has to be our year guys. Keep hoping!

God bless you all,

Sid

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 12:10am

Received the forms and instructions to complete my medicals, submit fingerprint, make payment and send copies of my passport. They also contacted me and asked me to give them my spouse's address as he is back home. They said he also needed to complete the medicals.

Hopefully that will not take too long.

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 2:03am
Hi again,

I forgot to put my timeline so you guys can have an idea. But immigration is a very tricky thing.
Always remember each case and a completely different case.

April 2009 - Application Received.
July 2009 - Application transfered to local office (Etobicoke)
March 2010 - First Stage Approval (AIP Letter)
April 2010 - I sended all Medical, Passaport, Fee, Finger prints, Police certificates.
October 2010 - It showed on my e-cas "Medical Received"
May 2011 - Applied for my second Open Work Permit.

That was the last activity I'm waiting for the interview letter. According to the letter (AIP) it should
be complete until 24 months which will be in March of this year.

I decided not to call on the Call Center anymore. I got the impression they have no idea what's going on at the Local Office. So the only thing is wait and hope for the best.

Sid 

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 12:09pm
Hey Guys,

Any onehas an idea if they will , ever, pay my kids the canadian child tax money ? They are all born here but we never qualified because of our status...  I know that they will start receiviong it once we have the PR on hands but will they back pay ??? Is it retroactive ???

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 9:35am
I just wanted to update my status and tell you guys that my application has been complete.... I wish you guys all the best

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 1:48pm
Hello Susan,

Congratulations. Have you gotten your PR card now? Please can you paste your time line for every body to see the duration your H&C application took since you submitt it? thanks.

Daniel

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 3:51pm
Hi Daniel my landing interview will be this week...

My timeline is as follow
Application recieve August 2009
AIP recieve Sept 2011
Medical recieve October 2011
Work permit  February 2012
Application complete February 2012

So in my case it took exactly 2.5 yrs to complete each case are different

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 5:15pm
Congratulations once more and Good luck.

Daniel

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 7:17pm
Hi Susan,

Congratulations!!!!! Our time line is almost the same. Only that my application was received in April 09.

Go figure CIC my AIP was in 2010 less than one year after. Now I'm waiting for the interview letter.
God bless you! ;)

Sid

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
Yes our timeline is almost the same. I wish you guys all the best and all the waiting will end one day

Posted By: karand
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 7:45am

iam posting my question in h&c section.can someone please answer my question.i have applied  my parents under h&c class and have got approval for application from cic vancouver office and now cic have saked for medical,figerprints and criminal verification.can someone please tell me whats next are they going to conduct interview or directly pr will be issued and how long cic is going to take.thanks.

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 11:00am
Hey Congratulations SUSAN !!!    Finally !!!

How did the landing interview go ?  Did they ask you a lot of questions ???

Afimiko

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 11:02am
Hello Karand,

Having your parent aplication approved from Vancouver is a very good thing, if you are not located in that area...

Once you submit all the requested papers and do the medicals, CIC will initiate a background check on your parents and if everything is fine, then the landing interview.

Afimiko

-------------

Print Page | Close Window