Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16
Printed Date: 16 Apr 2024 at 11:51am

Topic: CHC Abu Dhabi Work Permit Application Pls join her
Posted By: mapry2
Subject: CHC Abu Dhabi Work Permit Application Pls join her
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:15am
Hi All,

As you know our old thread has been moved to this new website, i have created a new thread in the same name so that we can continue our thread.

For those who are new this is the link to the old thread which is Read Only.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40727

Good Luck.

Regards,

Prasant

Replies:
Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 11:59am
Originally posted by mapry2 mapry2 wrote:

Hi All,

As you know our old thread has been moved to this new website, i have created a new thread in the same name so that we can continue our thread.

For those who are new this is the link to the old thread which is Read Only.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40727

Good Luck.

Regards,

Prasant

Hi Mapry,

Looks like our friends have not joined us yet. Hope everything is okay with you and the others.

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40727 - Link to the old thread

Posted By: 3cknheng9
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 1:55am
guys may LMO is expired already and i went to the embassy on the same day that it is expired but they juz let me fill up the enwuiry form again!!!! wat shud i do next????

tnx

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 2:42am
Originally posted by 3cknheng9 3cknheng9 wrote:

guys may LMO is expired already and i went to the embassy on the same day that it is expired but they juz let me fill up the enwuiry form again!!!! wat shud i do next????

tnx

Hi 3cknheng9,

This is what operational bulletin 152 has to say:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob152.asp - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob152.asp

General guidelines

The LMO expiry date is the date by which a WP application must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). If an application is received after the LMO expiry date, it is deemed to have expired and can no longer be used to support a WP application. These applications will be returned as incomplete.

So you have submitted the application for a work permit during the validity of your LMO. How long is the average processing of work permits in your region? Hopefully you'll get a response soon.

Posted By: erich_eillen
Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 7:10am
hi, mapry2! Hi job-seeker! nice to see you guys and this thread again... hayyy..miss u all!  hope to see the others soonest...thanks and hope to hear from everyone again.. u  all take care.
God bless eveyone!

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 9:52am
Originally posted by erich_eillen erich_eillen wrote:

hi, mapry2! Hi job-seeker! nice to see you guys and this thread again... hayyy..miss u all!  hope to see the others soonest...thanks and hope to hear from everyone again.. u  <FONT style=": #f8f8e0">all take care.
God bless eveyone!

Hi eillen,

Nice to see you here too. Let's hope our friends who are having their work permits/visas processed join us here too. But hopefully that their processing are proceeding smoothly

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:16pm
hi, job_seeker!
yeah, am hoping too that they will find us here.
hope that our processing will go smoothly and our visas will be approved soonest.
the others who are already in Canada, hope that they are doing fine as well.
You take care and God bless you!Smile

Posted By: 3cknheng9
Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 5:43am
job,

but i dont know sill what is the status of that application ive made before if my employer will renew my LMO can i re apply it again eventhough i still have my previous application? what is the step by step procedure? can u let me know pleaseeeeeee (begging on my knees) hehehehe r u in canada already job?

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 8:53am
Originally posted by 3cknheng9 3cknheng9 wrote:

job,

but i dont know sill what is the status of that application ive made before if my employer will renew my LMO can i re apply it again eventhough i still have my previous application? what is the step by step procedure? can u let me know pleaseeeeeee (begging on my knees) hehehehe r u in canada already job?

Hi 3cknheng9,

Is there a way you can check your application status online? Maybe Mapry knows how to that. Because regardless of whether they approve or not, the CHC officer will send you a response.

If you will have a new LMO and you wish to apply again, you may have to withdraw the previous application. Probably a cover letter explaining why you are withdrawing the previous one together with your new application may do it. Of course, I will gladly help you with your application. And I am sure all our friends here will be able to guide you this time. Yup, am in Canada. All the best.

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:03am
hello everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Anybody using this thread still?

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 6:38am

hello everyone! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Anybody using this thread still?

Hi there,

Thanks. Just reading it. Not very many though.

Posted By: sharonalbor
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 10:16am
Hi Mapry2, hi everyone...

....so the site was changed, it's good i found it!! how are you all, btw, i've got my working visa already last nov.3, however due to my pregnancy i did not yet come to canada. am planning to go on april, my delivery date will be on feb. i have few questions regarding my case hope you can advise: 1. my lmo will be expiring this jan, my employer told me no need to renew it even i'l fly on april,..2. am currently here in the philippines,and prefer to fly from here to canada, need to know all the requirements. appreciate your help!

tnx & regards,

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 11:44am
http://www.poea.gov.ph/MCs/MC%206-08.pdf -
Hi, sharonalbor!

Pls check below link for your reference:

http://www.poea.gov.ph/MCs/MC%206-08.pdf

Take care and God bless! Smile

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 5:48am
hi, erich,

tnx for the info, so many requirements..what if i go back to auh w/ a husband visa on hand and canada working visa stamped on my passport; are they going to question me upon departure here in manila? if ever i don't want to comply w/ those poea requirements, i'l come back to auh and depart from there, but i'm in doubt that maybe if the immigration in manila see my canada working visa stamped on my passport, they will not allow me to depart. please help. tnx a lot!!

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 10:54am
Originally posted by sharonalbor sharonalbor wrote:

hi, erich,

tnx for the info, so many requirements..what if i go back to auh w/ a husband visa on hand and canada working visa stamped on my passport; are they going to question me upon departure here in manila? if ever i don't want to comply w/ those poea requirements, i'l come back to auh and depart from there, but i'm in doubt that maybe if the immigration in manila see my canada working visa stamped on my passport, they will not allow me to depart. please help. tnx a lot!!

Hi Sharon,

I think it has been discussed sometime ago in the old thread why it is more advisable to depart from a country, not the Philippines, because of the excessive Philippine requirements from a worker departing from there. If you have reason to be in auh (what does it mean) then you can try and depart from there. POLO they say is for the worker's protection and benefit and you may already have that.

http://www.immigrationhour.com/new-for-ofw.html - POLO Requirement Here

Then there is PDOS.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=33 - PDOS Requirement Here

Probably those who left for Canada from the Philippines can give us more information.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 9:43am
thanks for the advise job_seeker, still not decided at this time,anyway, auh means abu dhabi. maybe i'l finalise everything after my delivery date. thank you and regards.. God BlessSmile

Posted By: remydubai
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:20am
hello to job,
and good day to all!
i've some question about my application and i wish some of you that have idea please share it with me. but before that want to share something.

1.i done my interview last Sept.6 at abudhabi canada embassy and after that the interview office give me a medical request and the addresses of the registered clinic in UAE.
2.Sept. 14 i done my medical exam at dubai at dubai london clinic. 
3. i notice that the return address(or mailing address) of my result is at 
SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICER
IMMIGRATION AND MEDICAL DIVISION
CANADAIN HIGH COMMISSION
MACDONALD HOUSE
38 GROSVENOR STREET 
LONDON W1K 4AA
this is the address given from the embassy is it the same address given form you guy? for those who finish there medical.
4. until this time i did not receive any news from the embassy of canada(UAE) what happen to my result it been already 5 months waiting for the day i done my medical.

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2010 at 10:24am
hello sharon, 
good pm to you..i here also n Philippines i apply my application at abudhabi. sha, how long did u wait for the stamping? coz mine is no news until this time..its already 5months. pls.reply ty..

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 1:16am
Originally posted by remydubai remydubai wrote:

hello to job,
and good day to all!
i've some question about my application and i wish some of you that have idea please share it with me. but before that want to share something.
1.i done my interview last Sept.6 at abudhabi canada embassy and after that the interview office give me a medical request and the addresses of the registered clinic in UAE.
2.Sept. 14 i done my medical exam at dubai at dubai london clinic. 
3. i notice that the return address(or mailing address) of my result is at 
SENIOR MEDICAL OFFICER
IMMIGRATION AND MEDICAL DIVISION
CANADAIN HIGH COMMISSION
MACDONALD HOUSE
38 GROSVENOR STREET 
LONDON W1K 4AA
this is the address given from the embassy is it the same address given form you guy? for those who finish there medical.
4. until this time i did not receive any news from the embassy of canada(UAE) what happen to my result it been already 5 months waiting for the day i done my medical.

Hi Remy,

This thread has been pretty quiet. Hope Mapry or Sharon answer your query. BTW what position did you apply for? And what province in Canada are you bound for?

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 2:04am
hello job,
good day!! i apply as live caregiver at alberta..

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 3:02am
hi remy.

I submitted my documents last nov 2008 and received feedback on june 2009,after completing all additional requirements,the embassy asked my original passport last oct, after that, original passport has been submitted last nov 2009. God Bless and Good Luck!!

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 10:12am

hello job,
good day!! i apply as live caregiver at alberta..

Hi Remy, Probably the CHC in London is in charge of processing applications from your region (Middle East, is it), hence the return address. Looks like your application is progressing anyway. After Medicals is passport request. So a little more time. All the best.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 10:14am
hello job,
good pm to all of u!! now i want to now if there is a expiration on my medical? coz its going 5 months now this coming Feb.14,2010. i wish and keeping hoping and praying that my result well come out.Godbless us all!

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 1:24pm

hello job,
good pm to all of u!! now i want to now if there is a expiration on my medical? coz its going 5 months now this coming Feb.14,2010. i wish and keeping hoping and praying that my result well come out.Godbless us all!

Hi Remy,

One year. Your meds expire after 1 year. Really hoping your visa comes soon. All the best.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 1:36pm

Just keep prayin, remy... Thumbs Up Hi, job_seeker! Hi, everyone! God bless you all!

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 2:30am

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Just keep prayin, remy... Thumbs Up <FONT style=": #f8f8e0">Hi, job_seeker! Hi, everyone! God bless you all!<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">

Hi eillen,

How are you? Have you received your visa?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 2:32am
Guys,

Anybody heard from 3cknheng?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:01am

hi, job_seeker!

I am fine po... am waiting still...hoping and praying...
how abt u po? how are you?
ingats po and God bless!Star

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:18am
ok thanks for all the info.. keep praying n hoping for the visa to come out.

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 4:14am

hi, Ms. remydubai!how are you? hope all is well with you now? hope to hear again from you soon.. God bless you!

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 10:57am

hi, Ms. remydubai!how are you? hope all is well with you now? hope to hear again from you soon.. God bless you!

Hi,

Did you receive your visa?

-------------
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."

Posted By: thinkerbelle
Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 2:17am

Good day to everyone !!!

@ erich_eillen ,,,hi, i'm only new in this thread,,,i just want to ask u,,, what position did you apply for in canada and when did you submit it in ABU Dhabi,,,

thank u so much,,,

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 6:33am
hi, thinkerbelle! How are you?
I applied as Live-in Caregiver and I have submitted my application in CIC Abu Dhabi and they have received the same on Nov, 17, 2009.

How about you? Did you applied as well in CIC Abi Dhabi and what Post?
Take care...

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 7:00am

hi, job_seeker! how u doin? i haven't receive my visa yet...

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 9:50am

@ erich_eillen ... I am also a Live-in caregiver applicant,,and I am here in Dubai,,,i already submitted my docs last january 2009,,,and its already 17 mos. now...I didn't recieve any news coming from them since i submitted the add'l docs that they required to me last nov. 2009 and also to my employer last january 2010,,, I always pray to God that I can hear news from them soon,, ,God Bless my dear,,,

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 5:07pm

@ Ms. thinkerbelle: Hello! Hope this msg finds u well.. Nice to know that we've applied in the same post...Let's just keep our fingers crossed... keep praying...God is good po...we will hear the good news soooooonnn... God bless po! Thanks and my best regards... have a sweet night! tc-- Wink

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 1:39am

H
ave a Blessed Day to all of us !

@erich_eillen ,,yah,,,God is always good,,,thank u so much for your inspiring message,,,I hope and  pray that everything's fine...God Bless u too...

I hope also that this thread will be alive again,,,

Lets keep on posting...

Date Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 2:22am
@ Ms. Thinkerbelle: Hi! How are you? Yes, God is so so good and as HE is d  source of our everything... let us keep our faith in HIM and everything will be put in its right place... take care always and have a great day! :))

Posted By: november23
Date Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 8:31pm
hi to all,

its been a long time that i keep on searching the site.

just want to say hi and take care to all of you

-------------
november23

Date Posted: 15 Jun 2010 at 11:29am

hi, november23! nice to hear from you again... how are you now? hope this msg find u very well...take care always and God blessyou! :))

Date Posted: 16 Jun 2010 at 2:24am
@ erich_eillen how are you...God Bless..

hi november23 its good that your here again in this thread ,,,how are you,,how's canada,,,?

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 10:30am
Hi Guys,

After a long break I am back to this thread. It was the work and other stuffs kept me out of this thread.

Glad to hear the thread is alive...but sad not rocking.

Keep posting guys.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 4:33pm
hi mapry2! nice to hear from you again..hope u and ur family are doin fine, too!
hope this thread will get busier again just like before..
take care and hope to hear from the others soonest as well...SmileSmileClapSmileClapStarStar
StarClap

Posted By: Vincent
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 8:40am
hello, i am new here... this forum is really very helpful. i lodge my application as TFW yesterday 6/23 at abu dhabi cic. can anyone advise me what's next process.

Appreciate your inputs on this. Many thanks!

Date Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:51am
Hi mapry,

You are the missing ingredient to keep this thread on the roll again.

-------------
"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:16am
thank you guys for the welcome. I do not see anyone seeking information here. Seems like members are better educated now a days..ha ha ha

Posted By: Louie
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:34am

hello marpy,

hope you are well....just have few questions? i lodge my application last June 23, how many days should the embassy sent email for file ID no.

no. 2 : i missed to checked validity of my bank draft, just notice that it is for 3 mos. only. will i encounter problem with this?

no. 3 : i am a chef for more than 15 years but no degree in culinary only secondary diploma from Phils. Will this be an issue?

thank you...and hoping for your advise.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 10:49am
Hi Louie,

Doing great...thanks and wish the same.

1) Please wait for another week and then you can ask them for the file no.

2) I do not see any issue with this. Did you make the DD in AED or CAD ?

3) Whats your NOC in your LMO ? You can check the requirement criteria for this NOC or else let me know and I will find for you.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:19am
Hello Marpy,

1. Ok, i'll wait for 1 week.
2. It's in CAD
3. 6242 - Specialty Chef indicated in my LMO
i finished secondary education in Philippines
i have TESDA Competency Certificate for Cooks
have almost 15 years experience as chef

thank you, i am always praying God will let me pass this test. God bless....

Posted By: amnaj
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by mapry2 mapry2 wrote:

Hi Guys,

After a long break I am back to this thread. It was the work and other stuffs kept me out of this thread.

Glad to hear the thread is alive...but sad not rocking.

Keep posting guys.

Hi Mapry2, thanks for coming back to offer your support.
Am a newbie and i applied for work permit which is inco-oporated within PNP.i submitted both applications in Abudhabi in January, so far i have done medicals.
Can i  know from you how longer i shud wait for my work permit coz .They havent requested for passports yet!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:42pm
Hi Louie,

Since you have 15 yrs of experience I do not see any issue with your application.

Wish you good luck. Keep us posted.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:44pm
Hi Amnaj,

Thanks for your wishes. When did you do your medical. It takes 45-60days to review the medical result.

Since you have finished 6 months of waiting you can request for an update to your application by emailing the embassy.

Good luck again to you.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 8:25am
Thanks Mapry2 ,i did medicals on march in connection with work permit,so time has really elapsed but they quoted me 6 months ,so since am nearing the sixth ,shud i not be expected to receive any updates? is there a chance someone can pay them a visit or they do not entertain such.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:02pm
They would not like if you visit them. The best way is to drop them an email with your file no ( if you have) or with your application particulars.

You can email them directly with this email id : [email protected]

Or else you can raise a case specific query with this link :

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=abu%20dhabi

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 3:54am
Thanks very much for the info, i hope we hear something soon.

Posted By: jomai
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 5:13am
hi everyone,

Thank you for inviting me here,its nice to read those post. I hope that i could receive also a letter coming from Canadian embassy. Ganito pala ang feeling kapag nag-aantay ng response mula sa embassy, di mu ma explain.
I just want to ask kung gano katagal mag-antay ng medical referral mula sa embassy?
Please answer my inquiry...

-------------
may the lord will guide us.
God Bless

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 9:34am
Hi Jomai...welcome here. I would appreciate if you could please make all the communications in English so that everybody can understand and guide you with their level of expertise.

Date Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 10:44am

Hi Marpy,

Thank you, will keep you all posted. :) I already sent my inquiry to CHC for my application file number last July 5, but no reply yet...

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 3:31am
hi marpy2! Hi, job_seeker! Hi everyone! Hope all are doing well in God's love...

Just want to ask, as my application was filed in CIC Abu Dhabi for almost 8 months today, and never heard anything from them, can I now follow up with them with regard to the status of my application?

Secondly, I have renewed my Residence Work Visa in Kuwait, do I need to furnish the Embassy a copy as well?

I hope to hear again from you all soonest. Your advices are highly appreciated.

Thanks and my Best Regards to everyone!

erich_eillen

Date Posted: 11 Jul 2010 at 10:57pm
Hi Erich_eillen,

Sorry as I was away for quite sometime, whats your profession ? As you know the embassy has stated that general work permit takes 6 months of processing time and LCP takes more.

If you are falling in the general category there is nothing wrong to email embassy and ask for the status updates.

Well to answer your second question, its better but not mandatory at this moment. The embassy will ask you if they want your updated visa.

Good Luck.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 1:31am
Hi, Mapry2!
I have applied for live-in caregiver post...and from the previous months they have told that LIC will have like 18months processing.
thanks and your advice is well noted...take care... ;)

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 9:53pm

Hi, Mapry2! I have applied for live-in caregiver post...and from the previous months they have told that LIC will have like 18months processing.thanks and your advice is well noted...take care... ;)

Hi,

Seems like WP processing for LCP in Abu Dhabi takes as long as the processing in the Philippines now. Philippines takes 12-18 months to process the work permit for a live in care giver. Used to be that Abu Dhabi takes about 6 months. Except that in the Philippines, after the WP you still have to go through POEA for PDOS or something Good that your employer is willing to wait for you. Keep in constant communication with him/her.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 7:54am
Hi, job_seeker!

Nice to hear from you again... thanks for the advice.
And yes, my sponsors are so, so kind that they are very eager & willing to wait for me despite the very long months of processing. God is so, so good, all the time!

Actually, they are my FB friends that is why we are continuously communicating with each other and chatting always..

Take care everyone and God bless u all! :)

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2010 at 7:22pm

Hello Evryone here...

First i'd like to thank everyone whore are very generous to share inputs to WP applicants, Marpy, Jobseeker and the others.

I GOT MY VISA LAST AUGUST 4, 2010.

Destination : Prince Ruper BC

Position : Chef

Lodged  WP application to CH Abi Dhabi : June 23, 2010

Waived Interview and Medical

Received request to submit PP and employment contract: July 27

Submitted PP thru DHL : July 31

Recevied my PP with Visa stampped : August 4, 2010

Flight schedule : Sept. 10,2010 (from dubai)

Thanks again evryone and goodluck also to the other....God bless us all..

Louie

"Filipinos are really hardworking, go for our dream Pinoy!"

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2010 at 3:01pm
Hey Louie....congratulation. Thats really great to hear from you and I am happy for you too.

Wish you all the good luck and hope your transition goes smoothly.

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 10:54pm

Hello Marpy,

Thank you for the wishes...

Just want to ask for few questions...

1. my flight has 3 connecting flight going to prince rupert, bc. Coz it very hard to get available flight and this is the cheapest..so have no choice have to deal with 34 hours travel.

> London

> Calgary

> Vancouver

> Last is Prince Rupert Airport in Digby Island

Where is my port of entry among the 3 airport in Canada, where can i obtain my Work Permit. Pls. share with me the question of Immigration officer prior to giving work permit. Appreciate all your help.

God bless...

Louie 

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:40pm
Wow!!! Congratulations Louie. That was FAST!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:42pm
I am not very sure of this but if Canada processes arrivals similarly to the US then I would say your POE would be Calgary, you first arrival in Canada.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Aug 2010 at 11:53pm
Hi Louie,

Your Work Permit will be issued at Calgary as this is your first point of entry in Canada. How long is your transit in Calgary ?

They will ask for your employer,LMO,your job, your profile and will issue the work permit with out much problem.

This does not take much time.

Good Luck and Happy flying.

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 8:41am

@Jobseeker

Thank you, i didn't expect that processing would be this fast...prayers really works! God is so good...

Thank you for the inputs...

@Marpy
Thank you very much for your advise. Really appreciate it.

Maybe in the future we can see each other...or you may visit the beautiful Prince Rupert. I am there doing sushi, maki..and other Japanese cusine. I'll keep in touch with both of you guys! 

Tcare and God bless....

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 11:47am
Thanks a lot Louie...I really appreciate this. I would be happy to meet the members here in Canada. Keep us posted.

Good Luck.

Date Posted: 11 Aug 2010 at 9:09am
Oh sorry, i missed to reply on your Qs... it's 7hr 35 mins from dubai to London and 9hr and 20 mins from London to Calgary. Almost 17 hours travel to Calgary, very tiring.

Thanks again Marpy. :)

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 1:57am
I love sushi Maybe we could pay you a visit at your place of work Take care man. Hope you have a great trip and an even greater job waiting for you. All the best.
Originally posted by Louie Louie wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">@Jobseeker

Thank you, i didn't expect that processing would be this fast...prayers really works! God is so good...

Thank you for the inputs...

@Marpy

Thank you very much for your advise. Really appreciate it.

Maybe in the future we can see each other...or you may visit the beautiful Prince Rupert. I am there doing sushi, maki..and other Japanese cusine. I'll keep in touch with both of you guys! 

Tcare and God bless....

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 8:07pm

Hello Jobseeker!

Thank you! :) Sure, i let u experience best of both world...best of Phils, Japan and Canada all in one with my maki, sushi, etc. hahaha. See u all in Canada.

I would be needing your help again, i am not sure how to come up with a best decision...
I am on a 1 year contract, but i'd like to bring my wife and kids to Canada. I did not include them in my application as they are in Phils. My wife to apply for open work permit and kids study permit from CIC Manila.

Is this possible? given i only have 1 year contract. Airfare is really expensive, and my kids are studying Manila.

Appreciate any advise on this matter. Thank you so much guys!

B. regards,
Louie

Posted By: stmangel
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2010 at 3:11pm
Hi Louie and Marpry2,

Hope all is well, first I want to congratulate you Louie for the getting your WP/Visa so fast. Happy for you.

My name is Sam and I've been working here in Dubai for more than 5 years now.  I had a job offer in one of the restaurant in Canada.  I got my LMO last May 15 and  HRSDC issued it date on April 15.  I completed my documents and mailed all the requirements to Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy last June 16.  I did not receive any confirmation from their office (email or call) that they got my documents.  And it's been more that 2 mons now that I am waiting for their reply but unfortunately there is none until now.

Can you help me answer some of my questions? 1. Louie, do you receive a confirmation from them by email or call that they got your documents on the time you send it to them? 2. In my LMO, it says that, my LMO will expire on October 15 (6 mons Validity) and I understand that the maximum processing time is 6 mons upon submission of complete documents.  If I don't receive the approval of my WP before October 15, is LMO will no longer valid and I cannot get a WP anymore? 3. The Police Clearance here in Dubai had only 3 mons validity: if by the time they will look on my documents on the time that my Police clearance is already expire, do you think it will be one ground that they will reject my application. and finally can you share me some more information about the whole processing of WP cause this is only my first time to do this

All your inputs will be much appreciated.  Thank you and will wait for your answers.

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 9:53am

Hi Sam,

Thank you, hope you will receive your visa soon...

To answer some of your questions...

1. Louie, do you receive a confirmation from them by email or call that they got your documents on the time you send it to them?

NO, i did not recieved email notification nor any call from the embassy. But after 1 mo from the date they recieved my application (per AWB reference), i sent an email inquiry re "application file number".   email sent to mailto:re-abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca - [email protected] . Then after 4 days, i received a reponse from them indicated in the email is my file number. then asking me to submit my passport to complete my wp application.

2. In my LMO, it says that, my LMO will expire on October 15 (6 mons Validity) and I understand that the maximum processing time is 6 mons upon submission of complete documents.  If I don't receive the approval of my WP before October 15, is LMO will no longer valid and I cannot get a WP anymore?

You can still apply for WP within the validity of your LMO. If LMO is expired, you cannot apply for WP...you need to inform your employer to reapply for LMO. CHC usually advise decision before the 6 mos. validity expires, maybe shorter like in my case or longer but still within 6 mos.

3. The Police Clearance here in Dubai had only 3 mons validity: if by the time they will look on my documents on the time that my Police clearance is already expire, do you think it will be one ground that they will reject my application. and finally can you share me some more information about the whole processing of WP cause this is only my first time to do this

Make sure when you lodged your application, your police clearance is recently issued. IF your police clearance has expired during the processing time of wp, CHC will require you to submit new police clearance. Expiration will not cause wp rejection, but criminal records or other legal records indicated in the PC..it will definitely cause WP rejection.

I submitted more than complete documents, aside from those requirements listed in the checklist...i included in my application... reference letters from my superiors/colleagues, bank certificate, land titles...this is to prove that i will be leaving Canada after my contract. This is to prove ties to my home country. Lack of ties to home country is one of the reason for rejection, thus i made sure i have complete documents.

We all have different case, i think...it really depends on the case and the documents you will submit. Hope these helps... Just have faith...your visa will come soon.

Goodluck!

Louie

Date Posted: 23 Aug 2010 at 1:39pm
Hope Louie answered all your queries Sam. Feel free for any further info. Good Luck.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2010 at 12:02pm
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

Hi Louie and Marpry2,

Thank you so much for your reply and advices.  I really appreciated it. I sent an email to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi last night and received their reply this morning.  They only information they sent to me are my File number only.  Can you tell me what does it mean? Can you advise me when I will expect my Visa?  You see, I am so worried about my case because my LMO will expire on October 15 and my application is with them for more than 2 months already.  I received my LMO after 1 month of its approval from my employer and it took me 1 month to complete my documents because I need to go back to Phils. to get some important requirements and this is  the caused of the delays on submitting my documents.  Thank you very much in advance.  Your reply, once again, will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Sam

Date Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:21am
Hi Sam...Just hold your heart until they get back to you. If you are lucky enough you might get through before the LMO expires. But the chances are less as I fee. I do not want to discourage you but would want you to keep the option open of renewing your LMO.

Good luck and our prayers for you.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 9:19am

Hi Sam,

No problem with your LMO, for as long as your application was lodged to CHC abudhabi within the validity of your LMO... your application is SAFE. You don't need to reapply for LMO.

But if your embassy's decision on your WP application is denied and LMO has expired already, you can not reapply for WP. You need to inform your employer to reaapply for LMO for your to be able to reaaply for WP. I am no expert on this, but this is my understanding when HRSDC shorten the LMO validity from 1 year to 6 mos.

Hope this helps..Goodluck!
Louie

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 2:15am
Thanks Louie!  That's a big relief for me.  I wish everything will turn out right.  Hope I can personally message you for some other queries. Thank you so much and more power! Good Luck!

Sam

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 1:53am
Guys,

There's a member from another forum who needs to get his NBI clearance without going back to the Philippines. He's in UAE. Has any one of you been through something similar? Please guide us through the steps on how to obtain one from Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Many thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 8:32am
Hi Sam,

how's your application? i've been busy preparing for my flight, only have 3 days in Dubai. you may send me private messages anytime for inquiries. i'll answer as soon as i can.

goodluck and keep us posted....

louie

Date Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:06pm
hello everyone! hope all of you are doing well.
I have one concern, hope someone will enlighten me on this.

I have had typed my first name incorrectly (typographic error though) in the application form, in which I put single "L" instead of double one. Can this negatively affect  my application? What shall I do to correct the same. I applied as LIC and my application was received by the CIC Abu Dhabi last Nov. 17, 2009.

Hope to hear from you all soon. God bless everyone!

Thanks and Best Regards,
erich_eillen

Posted By: krisidney benneth
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 3:03am

Dear Everyone,

I am very worried about my complete document I sent to Canada Embassy here in UAE thru a courier package. Until now I dont receive any call or emial for a FILE NUMBER for my documents. It's almost 5 month now since i sent thru a courier. 

I have already a LMO, Job Offer contract and other required documents submitted to the Embassy  last May 31, 2010. My employer has advise us to apply to Abu DHabi Canadian Embassy.

Is a way we can follow up if they receive my package? Can anyone help us comment about this situation?

THANK YOU.

Respectfully yours,

Kris

Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:16am

Hi Sam, Mapry2 & Louie,

Good Day!

Am also new here...I guess me and Sam have the same case...my application still pending and no feedback yet at all...I sent my complete docs with required documents last            May 30, 2010..And It’s almost 5 months now.  I haven't tried yet to inquire the embassy by sending them email.  Because no idea before of what the exact email address. Instead, what I did is that I went to Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi last July 22, 2010 - before the validity of my LMO’s ended.  I tried to seek some information.  But unfortunately, I failed.  Nobody entertained me.  It’s really a good thing I found this site.  I have learned a lot.

And now I will follow of what you did and advised to Sam.  Thank you for this information.

@ Sam – I hope there’s an additional improvement regarding of you had follow up to the Canadian Embassy.  I hope I will hear more news from your side.

@ mapry and louie – any further advise that you can add on or what to do next??..

I would greatly appreciate for all your advice.

Thank you so much,

Kristine Benneth

Posted By: mastercooks
Date Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 2:28pm

Hi every one I am a newbie here, I have questions regarding work permits, I am currently in Dubai and I got a job offer to Ontario Canada from my previous manager here, I have recieved and give back to them the offer letter for processing the LMO, but here is the problem during our phone interview they require me to be there by the month of December and I find it odd since I know it will take time to process everything normally takes mimimum of 6 months if I am understanding it correctly, we are still in contact by emails and phonecalls upto date, after reading some info on how to obtain workpermits it will really take time so I did inquire about it with them how it is possible or is it really possible to finish everything by last week of Dec or early January maybe, they informed me that their lawyers are handling all the LMO approval and visa application (work permits) so all I have to do when its all approved is for visa stamping, is this really possible? The job is urgent since the machine that they have acquired will be arriving on December and that machine is just few or maybe the first of its kind in Canada thats why they cant find a right candidate locally. Also about Louie yo mentioned your medical and interview is waived so how long it takes befre you got your visa stamp?

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 4:53am
Hi SAM,

Please check your inbox..i sent you a message..tnx..

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 6:51am
Here's my timeline...

Position : Chef

Lodged  WP application to CH Abi Dhabi : June 23, 2010

Waived Interview and Medical

Received request to submit PP and employment contract: July 27

Submitted PP thru DHL : July 31

Recevied my PP with Visa stampped : August 4, 2010

yes, after i lodged my application...next process for me is PP stamping. no medical no interview, very quick. i am also surprise, maybe because i included documents like titles in manila and bank certificates plus i have proof of recent and past travels to asia and europe. i really don't know why it turned out so fast. i am just so thankful to God.

just pray...your visa will arrive soon. gudluck!

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2010 at 7:11am
T'was very nice for your Louie... God is good really! and yes, we are just continually praying that in His will, we will have our Visas, too, soonest!

God bless you on your new voyage...

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 4:12am
HI ALL,

GOOD DAY!

Thanks Louie for inspiring us..hopefully our visa will come soon..

GOOD BLESS!..

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2010 at 3:34am

Hi Everyone,

Good Day!

Does anyone of you here has a news regarding the application in Canadian Embassy, Abu Dhabi?...

Hope you can share something...

Thanks...

BR,

krisidney Benneth

Posted By: cdmaruna
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2011 at 2:57pm

Hello forum

Wish you all happy New Year…..

I am going to apply work permit at CIC Abu Dhabi…. my wife and son ( 3 year old) also coming with my…..

My question is whether I have to apply separate application for my wife and son or can be included in my application itself….

Please advice….

However I will take draft for 3 persons and all the document will be attached…

Thanks

Giri

-------------
Giri

Print Page | Close Window