Print Page | Close Window

What happens if my bf doesn't have a job?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=153
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:44pm

Topic: What happens if my bf doesn't have a job?
Posted By: ColorMePanda
Subject: What happens if my bf doesn't have a job?
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:00pm
Well in April my bf wants to fly back and stay with me and my family. However he will have only worked at his current job for 7 months at that time. He wants to stay with me for 5 months because I have been extremely depressed and he wants to stay with me to make sure I improve. What do you recommend we do? I don't want him to lose his current job because it took him forever to get one here but he is determined to come down. I would like him to be able to return to working there when we come back. We don't care about being paid for his time off just that he have a job when we come back.

What happens though if he doesn't get the job back and doesn't have one at the time we send off the application? Will this matter? I mean he intends to get a job as soon as possible and is going to work hard to see that he can have this job when he returns and if he doesn't he will be working to get a job before sending off the application. However, what if he can't get a job until a few months after sending the application? Will this be a big deal?

Also, we were looking into getting life insurance but are afraid that with him having cystic fibrosis they will not accept him. However the province medical covers ALL the expenses of everything. Any recommendations on obtaining life insurance with this disease?

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Replies:
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:43pm
This is depressing. Unhappy
I could really use your advice.

Oh and we will be living with his parents who will be supporting us throughout everything.
Don't know if that matters.

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: algerina
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:55pm
Again....there is NO financial requirement for spousal apps.

-------------
App Sent August 7
Spousal Approved Sept 2
Sent to Paris Oct 28

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by algerina algerina wrote:

Again....there is NO financial requirement for spousal apps.

What would we put with the application then if he doesn't have a job?
I just don't want the sponsorship part to be turned down because I am pretty sure we have the other part covered. Wink

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: LoriJ
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 4:44pm
If you are really depressed, and not just blue, it most likely won't improve just because you are with your boyfriend.  In fact, things may get worse.  My advice is to take care of yourself, and see a doctor.  You CAN survive for a few months without him.   Almost every single person on this forum has done it.  It's not the most pleasant thing, but it's worth the permanence it eventually brings.

Re: the financial aspect..that's been covered.

Good luck, and please don't let this fester -- for your sake.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:22pm
Aww thank you. However, I am already aware of my depression. I have been diagnosed about 2 years ago. I take medicine for it and already plan to go to my doctor upon returning. My depression is just mainly the need to see my family and after I see them I should be good to go. Smile Also, my family misses him and he wants to see them again. He likes my home. 

-------------
INLAND!

Posted By: LoriJ
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:24pm
Great!!!

I'm also happy to hear that you both have parental support.  That's a big, big plus as a young couple.

My spouse immigrated here from the US, too.  Good luck!

-------------
"The way to appraise a "way of life" may well be by considering what's in it for you; the way to appraise the moral value of a course of action is by considering what's in it for everyone."

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 8:36pm
Aww yay to hear that someone else came from the US.
And thank you so so very much. That means alot. And yes, I have come to realize how important it is to have parental support. They might not agree on everything but hey who could blame them. Lol.

When did your spouse get to Canada and what part?
What state was he from? I am from Virginia.
Did you run into any problems with your application?

-------------
INLAND!

Print Page | Close Window