Print Page | Close Window

2014 Parent Sponsorship

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14804
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 6:46am

Topic: 2014 Parent Sponsorship
Posted By: coLondon
Subject: 2014 Parent Sponsorship
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 5:46pm
Hi all,

Do we need to send the PR applications forms for our parents at the same time that we send the application to sponsor forms found here?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

getting slightly confused... i seem to have read this somewhere just now but then i tried to find this information again but cant find it...

Please advise anyone.

Thanks,
Conie.

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:02pm
Hi

Originally posted by coLondon coLondon wrote:

Hi all, Do we need to send the PR applications forms for our parents at the same time that we send the application to sponsor forms found here?http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.aspgetting slightly confused... i seem to have read this somewhere just now but then i tried to find this information again but cant find it...Please advise anyone.Thanks,Conie.

First page of parents/grandparents.

There are two steps to the application process for your parent(s) or grandparent(s) to become permanent residents.

As a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you must apply to sponsor your family member.
        Your sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
        You will be notified in writing by CPC-M about the decision on your sponsorship application.
    Your parent(s) and/or grandparent(s) must apply for permanent residence.

The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be filled out and sent at the same time.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:12pm
Where are the Permanent Resident Forms that the parents need to fill out?

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 6:42pm
Can someone please confirm that the permanent resident forms that the parents sign are included in the application package found here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp

or if there are different forms to fill out and send..

Thanks!

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 9:18pm
Hi

Originally posted by coLondon coLondon wrote:

Can someone please confirm that the permanent resident forms that the parents sign are included in the application package found here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.aspor if there are different forms to fill out and send..Thanks!

Yes, that is all the forms.   

-------------
PMM

Posted By: merfa071
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 7:22pm

Hi everybody,

Has anybody’s credit card been charged and/or received a letter of confirmation for 2014 parent sponsorship application? How long before you receive a confirmation letter after ur credit card is charged?

Thanks

Posted By: user828
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by merfa071 merfa071 wrote:

Hi everybody,

Has anybody’s credit card been charged and/or received a letter of confirmation for 2014 parent sponsorship application? How long before you receive a confirmation letter after ur credit card is charged?

Thanks

this thread should help u

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-your-parent-sponsorship-2014-application-reached-cpcm-update-here-t179188.0.html

Posted By: merfa071
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 6:18pm
Thanks for ur help 

Posted By: zigma99
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 6:41pm
Application received on January 14th.
My CC has been charged today.
Hopefully, would know more after an acknowledgement letter is received.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 4:14pm
My app was received on Jan 7th.
I haven't seen any charge on my CC yet.

Zigma99 - i would assume all is good with your application if they've charged you already!! :)
Keep us posted when you receive the ack letter.

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 4:32pm
I just checked and my CC was charged on Jan 28th!

Fingers crossed that this is good news.....

Posted By: pierrerion
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2014 at 10:09pm
Hi PGP applicants, a question regarding processing time for stage 2. It shows on CIC's website that the wait time after clearing stage 1 of sponsor assessment could be up to 60 months in some visa offices (50 to 60 months is the typical waiting time in most LVO), however I saw on another forum several Quebec PGP applicants sending their cases to CIC-M Dec 2009 and passed stage 1 late third quarter year had their visas issues to their parents in Jan 2014. It seems those applicants from Quebec didn't have to wait that long for stage 2, or there's a separate queue for Quebec PGP applications. Can anyone here confirm this is true?

Posted By: marcsargan26
Date Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 11:19pm
Hi.

how long it takes to get my wife and my son? i arrived at saskatoon at january 30. 
what steps will i do?? im a PR card holder. what are the requirements?? 

thank you! and godbless

Posted By: user828
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 12:02am
Originally posted by pierrerion pierrerion wrote:

Hi PGP applicants, a question regarding processing time for stage 2. It shows on CIC's website that the wait time after clearing stage 1 of sponsor assessment could be up to 60 months in some visa offices (50 to 60 months is the typical waiting time in most LVO), however I saw on another forum several Quebec PGP applicants sending their cases to CIC-M Dec 2009 and passed stage 1 late third quarter year had their visas issues to their parents in Jan 2014. It seems those applicants from Quebec didn't have to wait that long for stage 2, or there's a separate queue for Quebec PGP applications. Can anyone here confirm this is true?

No such special treatment for QC, it all depends where the file goes and how soon its processed, all this happened due to re-processing of PGP apps in 2011, they bundled all from 2007-2009 into 1, so when 2009 apps were done ( coincidentally must be from QC ) so it seemed that way

Posted By: ganku
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 12:11pm
I just found this thread.

Application received by CIC (per Canada post): Jan 6 2014
Credit card Charged : Feb 2014

Posted By: Arima
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 3:33pm
Hello,
Did anyone already receive the acknowledgement letter after your CC has been charged? We applied for my mom's sponsorship in January 2014, CC was charged by the end of January, however we didn't receive any file number, etc. 
I would appreciate any information, thank you!

Posted By: Ryan
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2014 at 5:46pm
Not yet! Still waiting....

Posted By: Winkie
Date Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 5:43pm
Just to keep track of time:
Application received by CIC: Jan 4th
Credit Card Charged: Jan 23rd
Email/Letter from CIC (with application file #): June 9th

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2014 at 7:43pm
I received the email letter too. But the email mentions UCID to be located on the top left of the letter, which I can't seem to find. So I am not able to view the application status on the CIC website.

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:18pm
I got the email too with the application #

1 small step forward!

Posted By: hasb1901
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 12:49pm
Hello Guys, received email from CIC with UCI file.
They used the word ( application is on waiting list for 5000 cap of 2014 ). 
Do you have the same comment on the letter you guys received ?

BTW they have charged my CC on Jan.

Regards,

-------------
Applied Feb 2013
In Process April 2013

Posted By: hobbes
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 1:01pm
No, mine says:

"Your application has been accepted as one of the 5,000 applications for the 2014 intake year".

Date Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 2:22pm
Hello,

Is anyone able to view the application status using the file number they have provided?

Thanks.

Print Page | Close Window