Print Page | Close Window

How do I delete my profile?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Miscellaneous
Forum Name: Comments or Suggestions
Forum Description: Give us your comments or suggestions on the site or the forum.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14707
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 2:15pm

Topic: How do I delete my profile?
Posted By: futurevancouverite
Subject: How do I delete my profile?
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:20am
Before posting, I'm curious how do I delete my profile. Anyone know how? 

Replies:
Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:50pm
I do not know how, or even if you can delete a profile (I am a moderator, not a system administrator).

But if you go the "member control panel" link, you can delete almost all information in the profile, and thus effectively remove any and all personal information. (Not sure if you can delete the email address; if not, you can replace the email address with a junk address in the format of an email address, thus effectively removing it as well.)

I can suspend the account if you request but I don't think that accomplishes much beyond not allowing posts using the account.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2013 at 2:52pm
I might note, too, that the individual user may edit his or her own posts, which may include deleting the entire contents of the post.

(As a moderator I do not have this capability here -- otherwise, for example, I would have edited the previous post to include this statement.)

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Posted By: futurevancouverite
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 5:25pm
Well, this is no good :(

Thanks for the answer!

Print Page | Close Window