Print Page | Close Window

inland application septembere 2009

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 6:43pm

Topic: inland application septembere 2009
Posted By: wordstar_28
Subject: inland application septembere 2009
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:03am
hi guys! welcome to this thread.
my timeline:
sept 25, 2009 received application package cic vegreville
oct 31, 2009 start processing

and now i'm checking my ecas everyday but still the same. i think still a long way to go hope not.
how about you?

Replies:
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:06am
sori guys i added e in september. french ey!

Posted By: Carmenuta
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:26pm
Hey, wordstar... With what program have you applied?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 12:14pm
hi carmentuta! spouse sponsorship in canada. how about you?

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 2:42pm
I'm in the live-in-caregiver program. I don't have any dependants but still interested in hearing other people's cases even if different from mine.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 4:47pm
i think we have the same length of waiting time... lets wait and see wat happens nxt. but good for you your under work permit not like me i don't wats gonna happen with my application. i hope everything is going okey...

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:53pm
Yeah, I believe so, too. Not same as the caregivers who have dependendants though... and if i'm not mistaken, you'll have your PR in 6 months. I'll have my AIP and OWP in 6 months (provided everything goes well)... It's interesting.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 7:56pm
Do you not have a work permit at the moment? Did you have a work permit when you applied? Are you still working where you used to? I'm not sure if it works to be under implied status with you. I know I will be under implied status after December 15th. I'll still be working for the same employer. CIC requested for a letter from my employer that i'll still be working for them, and that's enough for them at the moment. What are you nervous about? Maybe we can figure it out here and by calling CIC... this way you'll rest better at night.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:59am
originally i'm under live-in caregiver program i worked 9 months from my previous employer. i get pregnant so i stopped working. we get married last june 6, and my husband sponsor me under spouse category. i hope it will not take long coz were planning to visit our homeland nxt year. let's just pray right?...

Posted By: zob79
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:25pm
I sent my inland application on October 20, 2009 for an inland spousal sponsorship. I have been checking e-case but no updates yet. I called CIC yesterday and they said it will be 2 -3 months before they can start processing my application.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:27pm
That doesn't sound right... a month maybe but 2 or 3 months?? I don't know.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:29pm
CIC agent said they are processing apps recieved as of May 19th, 2009 and mine was received in October :( .

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:33pm
Well, I think you misunderstood him, though. CIC is working on those apps received up to May 19th. THOSE applications will receive AIP (first stage of approval soon). That does not mean that your application has not been opened yet. They opened my a month after its receipt. So, it's probable they will open yours soon, as well and then it will take a few months before you can get your first stage of approval. Wait for another week or so before you can check your E-CAS again.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:38pm

I hope they process it as soon as possible. Well the good thing is that processing time on CIC website reduced to 6 months from 6-7 months.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:39pm
Yeah. There you go!

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:41pm
Sometimes, during the summer time, the agents go on vacation, so when fall comes they're left with all these applications. I mean it's just like any other office, right?! So, we have to give them the benefit of the doubt. AND wait

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:21pm
maybe bec of christmas holiday. just try checking it everyday! [:)

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:23pm
merry christmas to everybody! happy holidays!!! wish u all the best on this yuletide season... Godspeed...

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 5:30pm
Thanks!!!!!

Posted By: shortie
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:49pm
I wondered why the old forum was locked...  didn't know they had a new one here Confused

-------------
INLAND

We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 30, 2009.

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by shortie shortie wrote:

I wondered why the old forum was locked...  didn't know they had a new one here Confused

Lots of spammers and in-fighting. Here if one sent a spam, IP gets banned. If there is abusive post, abusive post gets removed/moved from the thread. So cleaner and better forum altogether. We can still read the old posts and if you've been part of a "thread topic" you can email the "friends/members" who were part of that thread so they can join you here.

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 1:28pm
Great news People.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp - Spouse or Common–Law Partner Class May 30, 2009 5-6 months

Time is reduced to 5-6 months from 6 months. Hopefully they start working in full gear now.

Posted By: lizzard
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:29pm
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.

We submitted out spousal sponsorship application in September 2009, but Im not sure how to check the status on ecas (my husband doesn't have a client ID that he knows of). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 4:59pm
You can also check your E-CAS by using your payment receit number.
Here is the link you go to to get to E-CAS:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas

If you don't show on E-CAS, it's possible that they haven't opened your application yet. Also, you can call CIC and they will guide you and let you know for sure if you are there or not.

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Posted By: lizzard
Date Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:36pm
Thank you Carmenuta,

I took your advice but it seems that they have not yet begun processing our case *sigh*. I know everyone's case is different, but what do people feel the "average" timeframe is for an inland spousal sponsorship?

I also sent in an application for an open work permit, any ideas on the timeframe for that one as well? My application was received in Vegreville the second week of October if that makes any difference...

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 4:41pm
Hi, lizzard! Interesting nickname, by the way... To be honest, I'm not in that program but I remember talking to someone who was in your specific program and he told me that from the time he applied to the time he got his PR it was 6 months straight. That was a while ago, not too long ago... but still. I think with your program things move faster, especially if your paper work is flawless. As far as the open work permit... I don't have info on that. We should take the CIC's site info for real. It is true. I'm expecting mine to arrive at the end of January if things keep going the way they are right now. And yes, if they haven't started processing your application then you probably won't show on E-CAS just yet. Don't worry. At this time (if you know for a fact, CIC got your application), no news IS good news :-). That's all I can say for now! Take care!

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
hi lizzard! were you able to see your updates in ecas now? bec me it takes 1 month before they started processing my application from the day they received it. if you can't check by receipt number call cic so they can give you a client id. don't worry you gonna see it soon

Date Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 3:56pm
Yes, finally they updated my e-case.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2009.

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:36am
wow zob79 thats good. you've waited long i guess. they received mine sept 25 and started processing oct 30. well congrats!!! another waiting time to go. for me no changes yet still in process but its okey i need to wait.

Posted By: indimae
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 1:42am
Hi,

I'm new here. I applied under spousal category- inland.

We sent the documents in Vergeville September 4th, received September 8th, opened October 5th. I got the Client ID number after calling the call center couple of times and talking to different operators. Obviously all the operators are not informed the same. I was informed that they'll start working on the application in 5-6 months, but got no info what that means and what exactly happens in 5-6 months. Meanwhile I received my visitor's visa extension (yey! :-)).

With the application I sent an application for open work permit as well. When do they approve the open work permit?
Can someone explain what happens in those 5-6 months?

Thanks!

-------------
PR card holder since June 2010

Posted By: redeagle
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 2:49am
As far as I am aware, for those 5-6 months they sit in a que, after which when they catch up to the date in which they received your application they will then start to process it.
Once the application is approved in principle, IE they have checked all the paperwork is correct (the same as what happens in ON when it goes through an outland application) then if all is well they will deal with the work permit.
It is then a matter of sit and wait again until the full application is finalized (the same as what happens when they application has gone to the regional embassy in an outland application).

-------------
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.

Date Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 12:28pm
Redeagle, thanks for the reply. I have 2 questions:

1. Do you have any information how long does it takes Vergeville after those 5-6 months to finalize the process, if everything is ok with the documents?
2. Again, if everything is ok with the documents, do they easily issue Open Work Permit, or they may ask for more documents (or even deny me for work permit)?

The waiting is so annoying and I'm even at the beggining :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:23pm
hello guys!!! any news?

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:24pm
my timeline,
sent application sept 21
received sept 25
started processing oct 30
still waiting....

Posted By: bflava
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:32pm
indimea

After the 5-6 1st stage of approval, it could be 3, 4 ,5 or 18 months, it all depends on background checks and u may ask how long is backgrounds checks. well it could be from 1 month to 18 months..  so if u lucky and u pass the 1st stage and they issue u with a work permitafter say 1-2 months, then PR could be any moment from there(2 - 18 months)

Again if everything is ok, they will process the work permit after the 5-6 months so after that the work permit comes to you say 1 - 2 months..

good luck

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 11:48pm
Immigration takes up to 5 years normally... so this is piece of cake. What... work here for 2 years and then another year for finalizing of papers... that's not bad at all, considering you're keeping busy. So, chin up and don't get discouraged everyone.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:11am
hope everything is okey... I'm just here waiting while enjoying my time with my litlle one!

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 9:12am
oh no I got a wrong spelling hehehe! little one!!! toink!!! sori...

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2010 at 5:40pm
Thanks guys for all the answers! :-) Meanwhile, if you get any response from immigration, post it here, give us some hope. It will cheer us up :-)
I guess all we can do is wait and enjoy :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 1:22pm
Indimae... Hi, there! How are things with you? Have you heard from CIC yet?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:37am
No, nothing yet. But checked online and it says they are processing the applications received by August 11th. Hope in a month they'll start with mine. :-)
As far as i understood, the process takes up to 2 years if everything is OK.

Carmenuta, how far are you in the process?

-------------

Posted By: scarborian
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:54am
Does anybody know he timeline of Scarborough office.

Here is my story.

My common law spouse and i sent the application on may 2009, we receive a notice on Nov 2009 saying that our case was transfered to Scarborugh Office. We had have not receive further inofrmation since.

-------------
Thanks everybody for your help.

Date Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 10:17am
Hi, Indimae. I applied on Sept.17th, 2009. I'm surprised you haven't heard anything yet. You should be hearing within a week or so. They're working on applications up to August 24th, now.

-------------

Posted By: BlueDragon17846
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 4:14pm
Hi guys,

I originally started a thread for inland applicants Sept 2009-Jan 2010.  It seems to have gotten buried, but feel free to join!

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1046&title=inland-application-sent-from-sept-2009-to-jan-2010 - http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1046&title=inland-application-sent-from-sept-2009-to-jan-2010

-------------
****INLAND****
App sent: 11 Dec 2009
App recv'd: 14 Dec 2009
App started processing: 1 Mar 2010
AIP: 13 Sept 2010
Fingerprints Requested for RCMP: 4 March 2011
LANDED!!: 12 May 2011

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 6:24pm
Well well, finally some movements in Vergeville.
So I checked online and it said "Decision made"!!!
So here's again the timeline:
received the application on September 8, 2009, started processing the application on October 5, 2009, medicals received, decision made and letter sent on March 8th
OMG OMG, what does that mean???
Sponsorship and work permit approved or PR card?
I won't be able to sleep until I get that letter!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:56am
indimae congrats!!! wish its your PR approval not stage 1. keep us posted please. I sent mine sept 22, recieved sept 25, started processing oct 31. I just checked mine but still in process...

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:09am
I wish too is PR, but it would be too early, wouldn't it? although my husband is very positive and believes is the PR.
You should be hearing from them soon Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:44am
WOW!! So we got 3 letters:
1. Work permit
2. sponsorship approval... and...
3. letter that says: "we are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration center in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."
They'll call me for an appointment and I have to bring my passport. Then a final decision will be made. I'll be getting the PR card veryyyy soon!!!
Wow, this was a quick process- 5 months from opening my application in October. I hope it won't take them too long to call me :-)))
I guess they are working :-)
This is a hope that many of you soon will receive the same letters.
Cheers!!! Beer

-------------

Posted By: dpausuri
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 12:27pm
Hello,

Has anyone done any travel outside Canada since applying for the Inland PR (assuming with Valid Tourist Visa!!)

thanks

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
Dpausuri, I haven't gone outside Canada because you are not suppose to. You won't be admitted in Canada. I wouldn't do it and jeopardize the application. Though, I've heard of people doing it, the problems and the stress were too big. They can cancel your whole application. Be careful. :-)  

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:51pm
Hey, Indimae... when did you find out about your DM?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:59pm
So on Saturday when I checked said decision made and letter sent on March 8th. The letter came today. So it needed one week the letter to reach Toronto from Vergeville.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:01pm
Oh, how cool is that!! I'm so happy for you! I can't imagine how happy you must be! I'm waiting for mine... let's hope they'll be right on time, just like with yours.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:19pm
Keep fingers crossed! Thumbs Up I hope you'll have the same luck as me.
I'll keep you posted on what follows.
I'm very happy and I still can't believe Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:29pm
Hey, Wordstar_28, any news yet??

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 7:00pm
hi carmentuta! mine still same still in process. i send mine on sept 22. hope at the end of this month i hear some news too. i'm so nervous!!! wow indimae! good for you, you're so lucky. i'm happy for you. keep us posted k.thanks!

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 7:11pm
Wordstar_28, hey... you and I may hear at the same time. Make sure you too let us know the good news that will come! I'm so excited myself!

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 2:58am
So, if anyone is waiting for a call or a letter from CIC Scarborough after getting "decision made" letter, I have information that the waiting period according to the call agent is 3 months(!), but according to one applicant (from his experience) is 6 weeks.
So good luck in waiting to me and everyone else in the same situation!

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2010 at 7:49pm
hey guys! I haven't get decision made... I guess mine will take for a longer time. I will patiently wait for that day to come. good luck to all of you!
application sent sept 22, 2009
application received sept 25, 2009
started processing oct 30, 2009

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:53am
I just received a letter from CIC Scarborough for LANDING INTERVIEW!!! OMG!!!!
The interview is on June 2nd. I have to pay the fee, bring passport, 2 photos, temporary SIN card etc.
Almost done!!! I can't explain what relief it is.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2010 at 1:39pm
I have a question. Tomorrow is my landing interview. I was wondering what is the best way to do the payment for PR card- cash or credit card? And where should you make the payment- is there online or should be directly there?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 3:06pm
Yeeeeyyyy!!! I LANDED!!! That's it, the whole process done in 9 months!! Piece of cake!

The "landing interview" was very quick and smooth. You go there and everyone that lands the same day enter one big conference room and they call each person one by one, you give the documents (passport, payment and photo), sign the paper and that's it! You don't have to bother with paying before, you can pay there directly. Immediately after signing the landing document a person comes and gives you a Permanent SIN card.
Sitting in the waiting area was longer than the "interview".
There are only 2 questions:
1. Do you have any dependents that are not in the application?
2. Have you committed any crime while staying in Canada?
They said in 6-8 weeks I should receive the PR card.
This summer I can go and see my family in Macedonia!! Yeeyyy!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 4:30pm
congrats indimae! and thanks for sharing the interview procedure. Im still waiting hoping the whole process will end soon too. Congrats again!

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 3:52pm
I had my landing interview yesterday weeeeeeeeeee

My experience was different to Indimae's. There was only us and one other couple there for landing, we each had a different appointment time and it took five minutes to answer the two questions and sign on the dotted line. 

In all, my inland application took just 8 months from start to finish.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2010 at 11:44pm
Sweet! Congratulations, Shortie!! :-) I'm glad I hear people are finalizing the process. Where did you land?
I guess your office didn't have a lot of applicants. You should have seen Scarborough! Packed!
I was wrong, mine was 8 months too. Pretty quick, I expected to be dragged at least year and a half.
When did they tell you to expect receiving the PR card?

Oh, and one tip for everyone for the OHIP- I have to tell what happened to me. Right after getting the Permanent Residency I went to Service Ontario to apply for OHIP. For that they needed my address, so they asked me for driving license which I don't have. So I gave my documents from Immigration- the approved PR and SIN document where the address was stated. These documents were not accepted and they asked for bank statement!!! Now I have to wait a whole month until I get Bank Statement (so far we were using Internet banking).
The story is that Service Ontario doesn't trust the documents from Immigration Canada. Go figure!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 6:58am
I landed in Windsor Ont.  I was told 4 - 6 weeks for my PR Card. I already have a temporary SIN and can't change that until I get my PR Card. As regards OHIP, I already registered when I got my work permit and have just 23 more days to wait until I'm eligible.

It was one year ago yesterday that I arrived in Canada for good - PR is sorted and I have a great job already - everything is good!! 

Love this country and love my gorgeous hubby too.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:46am
congrats shortie and indimae! you're both lucky guys!

Date Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:52am
and indimae yeah they really asked for bank statement as for your proof of address. eventhough I'm not yet a PR but then I already have first stage approval I was granted SIN and OHIP by using the work permit they gave me and the letters I recived from immigration.

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:07am
stupid! nah, I just have to wait for the bank statement! (these days people are using e-banking, who needs paper).
Wordstar, I wish you fast and painless ending of the process. Where are you now in the process? Was your file transferred to a local office?

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 9:13am
hi indimae! good for you your just sitting and relax waiting for your Pr card. As per the egent said their doing background checks for me and for my dependent child. If how long? I don't know. What can I do than to wait . I'm into driving class now to ease my wait lol! I'm planning to take short course after. What r your plans when you get your PR card. R you working now?

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 10:57am
Wordstar, the background shouldn't take long. You'll see the relief when you get the landing interview letter :-)
I just checked CAS and I love how it says on the status "Complete"- "You entered Canada at the Scarborough office on June 2, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident."

I'm looking for a job currently. Meanwhile life passes with a usual pace between home, helping my husband and several (payable) hobbies :-) Enjoying the life as much as I can before starting work and planning a family :-)

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 11:37am
good for you indimae! I hope It won't take long till I experience what you have experienced. I'm a full time home stay mom for now. Yeah you should start a family for a new adventure. You gonna find out how is it when you will have kids. Exciting and hard lol! Just enjoy! And wish you will have every dreams you want... I keep you update with my application and thanks for cheering me up! Im from scarborough too. kennedy@eglinton.

Date Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 5:14pm
Today I received my Permanent Resident Card. It was exactly 8 weeks since the landing. For the entire process took me 11 months (from sending the files to getting the card).
I'm wishing everyone a lot of luck and the application procedure to go smooth as mine.

I'll stay active on this forum for some time if anyone has questions.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window