Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1399
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:50pm

Topic: studying in New Zealand
Posted By: scorpiomailin
Subject: studying in New Zealand
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 5:49pm
Hi there,

I am a student in New Zealand and would like to visit Canada for Summer vacation. I am an Indian Citizen, so just wondering if I could apply from within Auckland (New Zealand) and how hard would it be for me to get a visitor visa considering I have an Indian Citizenship.??

Please help

Scorps

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 10:18pm
Hi

Originally posted by scorpiomailin scorpiomailin wrote:

Hi there,

I am a student in New Zealand and would like to visit Canada for Summer vacation. I am an Indian Citizen, so just wondering if I could apply from within Auckland (New Zealand) and how hard would it be for me to get a visitor visa considering I have an Indian Citizenship.??

Please help

Scorps

1. You would have to apply to CIC/CHC Sydney Australia
2. As you don't have permanent ties to New Zealand, you are going to have to demonstrate that you a have good reason to return to NZ to complete your schooling.
3. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/visas/trv-vrt.aspx?lang=eng

-------------
PMM

Posted By: scorpiomailin
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 1:21pm
Thanks a lot PMM... I have full intention of coming back to NZ and complete my studies... so I am not sure if there is any thing special I can show to prove that??

Posted By: audball
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 5:43pm
If you have a rooming assignment for the next semester or anything, that will show that you plan on returning. Or a course schedule to show that you're still enrolled. Even a letter from an advisor stating that you're a current student who is enrolled to return for the fall semester would be good

Posted By: Artic
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 12:10pm
audball is exactly said what i wanted to say and if you are pre-paid for your courses. Show them your receipts.

-------------
Student Permit - Work Permit - PG work permit - PNP Route - PR Granted.

Posted By: tanushree.tiku
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:48pm
as long as u show a valid student permit, a letter from a professor or fees paid for the next semester....it shud be fine

Print Page | Close Window