Print Page | Close Window

Best place to start fresh in Canada

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canadian Employment / Jobs
Forum Name: Canada Job Topics
Forum Description: Working in Canada, Average salaries, Work & Study Programs, etc.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1377
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 10:28pm

Topic: Best place to start fresh in Canada
Posted By: trainman
Subject: Best place to start fresh in Canada
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
hey i have a question for you all.  anyways i recently got married and my wife will be moving here pretty soon.  and well i live in winnipeg and i don't like it.  anyways, i am considering to relocate to another city.  any recommendations?  i want to know the pro and cons of each place and i just want to be somewhere it is just a good environment to live and have a new beginning.  and i hope there is a lot of opportunities not like in winnipeg.

thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 4:04pm
Trainman -

You might want to check out this old thread for some opinions:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=728&KW=&title=locations-with-the-most-opportunity-in-canada

-------------
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010

Posted By: trainman
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 9:29am
i read the forum not much help

Posted By: Rosemary123
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:44pm
The Maritimes, the Canadian Rockies, the plains, British Columbia - there are so many wonderful choices to make when exploring.

Niagara Falls
are glorious: it's a shame that you have to pass through an embarrassingly plastic town to see this glorious attraction.

• Ottawa, near the border of Quebec Province, is a pleasant town that is known for its festivals (particularly its Tulip Festival), Winterlude (billed as "America's greatest winter festival), numerous museums and overall pleasantness. I think so...

Posted By: Harmonia
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 11:23am
Hi Trianman...

I guess it depends on what you both do for a living. 

Give us more details & maybe you'll get an informed opinion.

I'm in Ottawa right now - but have been all over.  Ottawa is great - lots of high tech, government town though. 

If you are looking to settle down and live somewhere, maybe you should take a road trip and investiage some of your options.  Make a list of your requirements first - so that you can narrow down your adventure.   What's important to you?  Night life?  Festivals?  Small town / big city?  What makes you feel most at home?

Print Page | Close Window