Print Page | Close Window

IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11720
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 4:20pm

Topic: IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History
Posted By: skytra7
Subject: IMM5669E - Question 8- Personal History
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2013 at 10:42am
Hi today I received an email from CIC asking for more information about my personal history (Question 8 - IMM5669E).   Originally I couldn't put all my personal history into the space that was provided as it wasn't enough space so I copied the blank fields and 'photoshopped' duplicating it so there was enough for my history.  I believe CIC are asking me to to this again using the official form.  However, this will mean using duplicate amounts of the same form (maybe 5 in total).  When doing this  will I have to replicate the other information for the other questions as well again each time?

How did others complete their personal history when there wasn't enough space?  

Replies:
Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2013 at 2:29pm

Originally posted by skytra7 skytra7 wrote:

Hi today I received an email from CIC asking for more information about my personal history (Question 8 - IMM5669E).   Originally I couldn't put all my personal history into the space that was provided as it wasn't enough space so I copied the blank fields and 'photoshopped' duplicating it so there was enough for my history. I believe CIC are asking me to to this again using the official form. However, this will mean using duplicate amounts of the same form (maybe 5 in total). When doing this will I have to replicate the other information for the other questions as well again each time?

How did others complete their personal history when there wasn't enough space?

Since I had to provide information going back four decades, I had a lot of information that did not fit into the background declaration form. I did not attempt to copy the form, but did just as the form instructed (then, several years ago, and still today):
Quote If there is not enough space to provide all the necessary information, attach to this form a separate sheet of paper with further details. Print your name at the top of each additional sheet and indicate the form's title and the number of the question you are answering.
That is precisely what I did. While I generally followed the format in the form, I did so in terms of content not form (no boxes, not in a table format for example).

I do not know, of course, but I suspect there is something other than the way you presented this information underlying this request.

Reminder: no gaps.
It is critical that there be no gaps, no month left out.

Foremost: read the instructions in the email carefully and re-read them, and follow them as precisely as you can.

If those instructions do not prescribe the use of a particular form, do not worry about using a particular form. If they do specify using a particular form, yes, use that form, and if multiple copies are required, yes, of course, use multiple copies.

Make sure your name and other identification information (client number) is at the top of every single page.

I do not understand why or how you "photoshopped" the form to begin with. If you mean by this that you simply copied the box multiple times, with multiple copies of the box appearing on a single page, so long as the information was complete, no gaps were left, that should have sufficed. If you failed to put both your name and the item number on the top of that page (or pages) that might account for it being separated from your application, if that is the problem.

You make it sound as if the email requests you to re-submit the entirety of your personal history. If so, that is what you need to do. Most important things are (1) read and follow the instructions carefully, precisely, and (2) be complete (no gaps), and (3) be accurate, be honest.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Print Page | Close Window