Print Page | Close Window

Understanding ATIP reports

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11303
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:37pm

Topic: Understanding ATIP reports
Posted By: kesacophedo
Subject: Understanding ATIP reports
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 7:39pm
Hi everyone,
Just thought of starting this thread about how to help one another understand ATIP reports. I requested what was supposed to be my electronic file on 12/07/2102 and today I received an email with a PDF attachment. There are approximately 19 pages but it seems there is nothing of interest that would help me understand why I got rd'ed or even know what the next step will be. I am even wondering whether I requested the right info. Anyways, on top of each page it says "GCMS Information Request". Is that what I was supposed to receive? 

-------------
App sent 04/26/11...Ack. Letter Sent 05/04/11...RQ recv'd 06/11/12, ...RQ docs rec'ved by CIC july 19/12....Trx 2 Local CIC 06/21/12...Test invitation sent 02/14 for March 1...Oath on May 31/13

Replies:
Posted By: SARABC
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:34am
Hi,
I requested mine December 3rd and have not received anything yet. I'll share the info once I get it.
Sarah

-------------
Applied Feb7th,2012 (Family of 4)
In Process Oct4th,2012
Husband RQ & finger print November 2012
File separated from husband August 2013
Hubby test Oct. 2013
MY test Dec. 2013
Joint oath March 2014

Posted By: SK
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 10:19am
Originally posted by kesacophedo kesacophedo wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just thought of starting this thread about how to help one another understand ATIP reports. I requested what was supposed to be my electronic file on 12/07/2102 and today I received an email with a PDF attachment. There are approximately 19 pages but it seems there is nothing of interest that would help me understand why I got rd'ed or even know what the next step will be. I am even wondering whether I requested the right info. Anyways, on top of each page it says "GCMS Information Request". Is that what I was supposed to receive? 

Seems you only asked for electronic files .....ask for all file including physical and electronic.....what you would have got would be just screen shots and database records...

following ATIp link here and you shall know more...

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:13pm
Hi

Originally posted by SK SK wrote:

Originally posted by kesacophedo kesacophedo wrote:

Hi everyone,

Seems you only asked for electronic files .....ask for all file including physical and electronic.....what you would have got would be just screen shots and database records...

following ATIp link here and you shall know more...

You know that requesting the physical file will slow the processing? It won't contain much more than the CGMS file, other than documents you submitted. The physical file has to be pulled, photocopied, and reviewed by an ATIP officer, before before sent to you.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: vefabuyuk
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2013 at 1:16pm
1. It wont slow processing.
2. It wont contain any info you already dont know.

-------------
From the Phillipines. In Canada since 2003. Architect. Landed in 2008 March.

Posted By: Rqcadet
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
Hi all,
Needed help to understand my ATIP report received recently. Looks like CIC has made this option also difficult for us to understand our own reports. The reports has only info on updated by & created by info in code form. And also info only on the text of the letter sent to me in form of RQ. Test shows passed,

But point of confusion is the following info which I am unable to understand:

Cases
Updated Date- 2013/02/26 13.14.33
case stage- Assess - DOES IT MEAN AN OFFICER HAS MY FILE FOR ASSESSMENT???
Case status- Open
Concurrent-N - WHAT IS THE MEANING???
Foss clearance expiry- 2012/07/25
RCMP Clearance expiry - 2012/08/09

Profiles
Updated - 2012/12/17
Holder- RC-3275 -- WHAT DOES THIS NO. SIGNIFY????
PRIORITY- 2-Medium- DOES IT SIGNIFY ANYTHING???
Retention Period- 6 -- DOES IT MEAN anything??? MY FILE WILL BE KEPT FOR 6 MONTHS OR 6 YEARS AND Where & FOR WHAT????
Description- 6 digit no-tt i.e. XXXXXX-tt - DOES IT GIVE ANY indication what it means???

Document
Electronic Document
Certificate:- 1
Updated date- 2012/12/11
Type- Certificate - WHICH CERT IS THIS???? My Citizenship Cert????
Status- Damaged in Production -   What does this mean???? Are they delaying me because of this????????

Please somebody reponse to this query of mine.

Posted By: akella
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Hi all,
Needed help to understand my ATIP report received recently. Looks like CIC has made this option also difficult for us to understand our own reports. The reports has only info on updated by & created by info in code form. And also info only on the text of the letter sent to me in form of RQ. Test shows passed,

But point of confusion is the following info which I am unable to understand:

See below

Cases
case stage- Assess - DOES IT MEAN AN OFFICER HAS MY FILE FOR ASSESSMENT???

Likely not, it is a generic status, essentially equivalent to "In Process".

Concurrent-N - WHAT IS THE MEANING???

There are no other concurrent applications from you in progress.

Updated - 2012/12/17
Holder- RC-3275 -- WHAT DOES THIS NO. SIGNIFY????

Office code, that your file was assigned to. I have the same office & code and it is St.Clair.

PRIORITY- 2-Medium- DOES IT SIGNIFY ANYTHING???
Retention Period- 6 -- DOES IT MEAN anything??? MY FILE WILL BE KEPT FOR 6 MONTHS OR 6 YEARS AND Where & FOR WHAT????

Generic priority & retention period. Do not mean anything special.

Description- 6 digit no-tt i.e. XXXXXX-tt - DOES IT GIVE ANY indication what it means???

Goes together with physical file location and must mean something for CIC from their internal process perspective (though not necessarily for you). In my case (RQ on file),
Description: 2012 month - RQ-CPCS

Type- Certificate - WHICH CERT IS THIS???? My Citizenship Cert????

Yes (if it is in certificate preparation section).

Status- Damaged in Production -   What does this mean???? Are they delaying me because of this????????

Unlikely (unless you think that your oath would have happened this week otherwise). They moved to plain paper citizenship certs anyway, so I believe these days they can just re-print a certificate themselves.

Hope this helps.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:03pm

Cases

I almost missed the most important part - look through the timestamps on the events and notes and see which one has the update date close to this one - they updated your record with something. It might be a technicality (i.e. a supervisor going through the files, or system going through the records in batch and updating something, etc.), but otherwise - someone touched your file.
If the user code there is not SADMIN, then it is likely not the system, but rather a warm body. (which I believe is good news for you - at least, it is moving somewhere)

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:22pm
You made my day Akella, by quoting that if it is not SAdmin then there is posibility some live officer has touched the file.

It is showing updated date as Feb 26, 2013, time 13.14.33 and the Updated by column shows DXXXX (4 digit no) and not SAdmin

Regarding the XXXXXX-tt description query , the location for me is blank. There is no info. Only the nos. are 201637-tt . I hope it does not mean check RQ in 2016. I have submitted my Rq mine in Nov 2011 & the initial application in 2010. If you calculate 6 yrs from 2010, then 2016 is the number. Oh my God!!! I hope this is not the intepretation of this no.

But still you are a STAR!!! Thank you for yr assistance.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:27pm
Dear Akella,

Sorry forgot to look a the events & notes column. The Notes column shows the last update of my RQ received i.e. Nov 28, 2011 & the Events shows last updated date of Nov 08, 2011, about my Citizenship test which says completed.

Does the new updated date of FEB 26, 2013 have any relevance still???

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 12:30pm
Dear Akella,

The only closest date is under Document section whcih as mentioned earlier in my post says Certificate- 1, updated date- 2012/12/11 & status- Damaged in production.

Does this give you any other clue??/

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:38pm

Dear Akella,

The only closest date is under Document section whcih as mentioned earlier in my post says Certificate- 1, updated date- 2012/12/11 & status- Damaged in production.

Does this give you any other clue??/

No clue in the sense of what exactly happened - as whatever Feb 26, 2013 update is referring to - it is not showing up in this standard privacy report.  But my previous comment still stands - someone (a live person) actually touched your file, so this should be good.

Posted By: canuck25
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 1:59pm
Hi folks,

This is actually a much needed thread given how many of us are requesting the notes. I've made two requests - for copies of the physical file, as well as the GCMS notes.  I was hoping to understand why I was RQed but neither document contained any relevant information. The copy of the physical file had 2 pages expunged, stating that they were not available due to section 20 or something like this.

The GCMS computer notes make no mention or reference to RQ issuance at all, other than noting that my response to the RQ was received by the local office. 

I called the CIC to ask whether the GCMS report should include a reason for RQ and was told that typically they have no visibility into, and we no access to, this information via GCMS notes requested under ATIP.

In addition, I was told that if any of your clearances (my FOSS Clearance Expiry is March 13 2013 and RCMP Clearance Expiry is March 28 2013) expire while the RQ is in process, they will need to be requested again, which will add further delay to the processing of the file. 

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

The copy of the physical file had 2 pages expunged, stating that they were not available due to section 20 or something like this.

Yes, this would've been the useful part (risk indicators - as in mcm's post that has been quoted multiple times - he is the only one who was able to obtain those).

1. ACTIVITIES - CSIS Clearance and its sub-activity Request Security Clearance have blank Statuses. Is this normal?

Yes, they don't show the status / dates of CSIS Clearance.
Apparently, it can endanger national security.

2. CASES: my FOSS Clearance Expiry is March 13 2013 and RCMP Clearance Expiry is March 28 2013. Will the CIC need to request both of these clearance again while they are waiting to review the RQ and will this affect the process of the application?

Yes, they will have, but FOSS they are doing themselves (simple check) and RCMP/CSIS they are sending via batch requests from GCMS (~1 week to come back, unless there are issues).  So it should not affect processing.

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 3:32pm
By the way, I just noticed something incredibly strange in my GCMS report. On page 1, in CASES section under "Responsible Officer" the information is as follows (some redacted by me for privacy reasons): 

Responsible Officer 1:
Created Date: 2004/08/14 15:35:08
Created By: SADMIN
Updated Date: 2006/03/08 08:58:22
Updated By: BXXXX
Primary: Y
User ID: B8096
Last Name: XXXX
First Name: XXXX
Responsible Office: St. Clair CIC

What surprised me was the Created by and Updated dates: in 2004 and 2006, respectively. That was long before I even applied for PR and had even visited Canada. Any idea what these dates refer to?

Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 4:16pm

What surprised me was the Created by and Updated dates: in 2004 and 2006, respectively. That was long before I even applied for PR and had even visited Canada. Any idea what these dates refer to?

Just follow the tree. These are the dates when this officer's account in the system was created / updated.

Posted By: greeen
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 7:12pm
Hi dpenabill and others;

Today I've received my 2nd ATIP report. My test was on 12 March 2012 on which I was given my RQ. I had replied to RQ on 05 June 2012. The 1st ATIP listed the following

RECORD HEARING: NOT STARTED
SCHEDULE HEARING: NOT STARTED 

2ND ATIP:
UPDATED DATE: 2012/06/21
RECORD HEARING: NOT REQUIRED
SCHEDULE HEARING: NOT REQUIRED

Dose this means anything positive? Please your insight.

Posted By: dpenabill
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2013 at 10:29pm
Others are more familiar with the GCMS records than I am.

Much of the GCMS record is boilerplate. Those more familiar with them can better separate real information from the boilerplate stuff.

Because I lack that familiarity I am hesitant to offer what I think, but, for what it is worth (not a lot) I will offer this: I would ordinarily have a positive sense about this, as if perhaps it indicates the file will go to a CJ for a file review soon, but given the length of time that has elapsed already, it is not so clear in the abstract.

Think positive I guess, but patience may still be the order of the day.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 7:20am
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Others are more familiar with the GCMS records than I am.

Much of the GCMS record is boilerplate. Those more familiar with them can better separate real information from the boilerplate stuff.

Because I lack that familiarity I am hesitant to offer what I think, but, for what it is worth (not a lot) I will offer this: I would ordinarily have a positive sense about this, as if perhaps it indicates the file will go to a CJ for a file review soon, but given the length of time that has elapsed already, it is not so clear in the abstract.

Think positive I guess, but patience may still be the order of the day.

dpenabill thank you.

Hi akella: You've received your GCMS also, Do you see any meaning or positive things in this? Please your comments

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 12:27pm
Today I called the CIC. The nice rep. told me that my file is waiting for a judge review and that I should hear from them before the end of the year. This is the first time they don't give the 48 months thing. I don't know if what the rep gave me is a random answer or there are some basis to give me this timeframe!!!!!!

Posted By: RQ0712
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 2:23pm
Call them tomorrow, and another nice rep will give you another nice estimation.

-------------
Application sent Jan 2011 > In process Feb 2012 > Test & RQ same day Jun 2012 > RQ submitted Aug 2012 > Oath taken Nov 2013 (Montreal)

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by RQ0712 RQ0712 wrote:

He is in better shape than most of us based on this:
2ND ATIP:

This means his RQ response was reviewed, CO determined that hearing is not required and yes, it is now in the queue to be reviewed by the judge. (likely outcome - oath invitation, as he received his RQ at the test)

Posted By: Rappo
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 2:53pm
What should the time span between the first and the second ATIP report be? I mean, how many months should one wait before requesting the second ATIP report?

-------------
Application sent in April, 2011 ... Pre-test RQ received in May, 2012 ... Waiting.

Posted By: Kajoo
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 3:04pm
What does FOSS clearance mean? 

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

He is in better shape than most of us based on this:
2ND ATIP:

This means his RQ response was reviewed, CO determined that hearing is not required and yes, it is now in the queue to be reviewed by the judge. (likely outcome - oath invitation, as he received his RQ at the test)

Thank you akella for your encouraging notes.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Kajoo Kajoo wrote:

What does FOSS clearance mean? 

I think that FOSS is Request Criminal Clearance.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Rappo Rappo wrote:

What should the time span between the first and the second ATIP report be? I mean, how many months should one wait before requesting the second ATIP report?

I have waited approximately 10 months between the two ATIP in order to capture as many events as I can. It's a personal choice but the longer the time span is the more events you can get and try to understand.

Date Posted: 02 Apr 2013 at 5:53pm

I understand what you are trying to say. The only thing is that from the ATIP report I was expecting this. To hear it from them makes much more difference. Any way it just improve the moral little bit.

Date Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 1:38pm
Topic: Understanding ATIP reports
Posted: Yesterday at 12:27pm By greeen
Today I called the CIC. The nice rep. told me that my file is waiting for a judge review and that I should hear from them before the end of the year. This is the first time they don't give the 48 months thing. I don't know if what the rep gave me is a random answer or there are some basis to give me this timeframe!!!!!!

Hey Green,

For some reason when I called cic tody, they have given me the same answer, that I should be done with all my RQ review & oath by Oct of this year. Surprise of surprises?????   I hope they are not April fooling us????/

Can some more people in same boat call and check if they also get the same answers . but I hope from different reps. My call was answered by male with name starting with an S

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:27am
Can somebody advise under which section in an GCMS report received thru ATIP can one see the reasons for RQ issued?

I have received my GCMS report , but unable to identify where the info about the RQ reasons ae hidden?

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:36am

Can somebody advise under which section in an GCMS report received thru ATIP can one see the reasons for RQ issued?

I have received my GCMS report , but unable to identify where the info about the RQ reasons ae hidden?

Hi Rqcadet: You can't tell the RQ reason from the GCMS. Your physical file and not the GCMS file may answer your question.

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 11:24am
There have been reports of people stating that their GCMS report mentioned the reason for their RQ in the Notes section, I believe, or in Activities under "RQ issued". Those reports contrast with an equal number of those that say that the GCMS does not mention reasons for issuance of RQ. My own report falls into the latter category, which is the reason I submitted a privacy act inquiry, specifically asking to receive the criteria used in assessing my file and the exact reason the RQ was issued. You may want to do the same. 

"I would like to receive the electronic and physical files for my citizenship application (specify your client ID# and file #, as well as responsible CIC office). In addition, I would like to receive exact and specific information on the criteria used in deciding to impose Residence Questionnaire on my application. I would like to also receive a copy of the file requirements checklist for my application. My birthday date is ##/##/####. I wouldl ike to receive these files:
- if by email (enter your email address)
- if by mail (enter your mailing address)

I used the form TBC 350-58 to submit the request. You can  http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-58-eng.pdf - download it here. 

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:08pm
Thanks Green & canuck25.

I saw the word reasons only under 1 section i.e Activities wherein the Judge's decision shows- Pending and much below a few other deatils it says Reason- 0

I do not understand what that 0 stands for , whether it is the number zero or alphabet - O

Any clues if 0 stands for any risk /Triage indicators??? for RQ

Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:32pm

Thanks Green & canuck25.

I saw the word reasons only under 1 section i.e Activities wherein the Judge's decision shows- Pending and much below a few other deatils it says Reason- 0

I do not understand what that 0 stands for , whether it is the number zero or alphabet - O

Any clues if 0 stands for any risk /Triage indicators??? for RQ

The same REASONS: 0 I have in my ATIP????

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 2:17pm
Hey Canuck25,

Regarding your query on whether the GCMS report should show the reason for RQ & Possible hearing required then , Look under the Location field in the Profiles section of your GCMS report for the following info-
If it says Type A then - Client did not pass the exam, or was a no show for the 2 nd exam or indicated they have special need
Type B- Criminality, fingerprints or court documents not provided after several requests
Type C- Residency Issues
Type D- Removal order is on file
Type F- Possible residence fraud

I observed this info in akella'a ATIP report which he had put on the forum in FEB 2013 under the topic - Cic delays what call centre agents see, look on pg 32 & 33 of this report

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11754&title=current-cic-delays-what-call-centre-agents-see

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:09pm
@Rqcadet,

Thanks for the tip - I did see that, but my Location field in the Profiles section doesn't mention any of these codes. It simply says "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012", which is 2 months after I got the RQ and if anything, but confirms that I meet the residency requirement. I am waiting on my privacy act request, which will hopefully provide the criteria they used and an insight into the reason they issued the RQ. 

What's also interesting, most people here who have RQs and have requested GCMS reports say that their notes section has an action for RQ requested, and RQ received. Mine only has the latter - again no mention of RQ in the GCMS at all, other than to say that my response was received.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:31pm

@Rqcadet,

Thanks for the tip - I did see that, but my Location field in the Profiles section doesn't mention any of these codes. It simply says "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012", which is 2 months after I got the RQ and if anything, but confirms that I meet the residency requirement. I am waiting on my privacy act request, which will hopefully provide the criteria they used and an insight into the reason they issued the RQ. 

What's also interesting, most people here who have RQs and have requested GCMS reports say that their notes section has an action for RQ requested, and RQ received. Mine only has the latter - again no mention of RQ in the GCMS at all, other than to say that my response was received.

Interesting! Does "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012" explicitly say "days" in it? I also had similar note in my file: "Residence assessment shelf > 1094 July 2012", but for some reason did not make a mental connection to the number of days, thought it is just a code.

I think I can answer the second part of your question (why no note on RQ request).  RQ issued by CPC-S all have this note ("RQ requested") as this is part of CPC-S standard procedure, but your RQ was issued at test time - so likely it is marked somewhere in the physical file / checklist, but officer did not bother entering a GCMS note.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:38pm
It doesn't say "days", but what else could "res assessment>1,094 august 2012" refer to :)? It has to be days given the comma after 1Smile

Thanks for the help on the second part of the question - perhaps you are right. 

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:58pm

It doesn't say "days", but what else could "res assessment>1,094 august 2012" refer to :)? It has to be days given the comma after 1Smile

Thanks for the help on the second part of the question - perhaps you are right. 

No coma in my notes and I did not treat ">" as a "more" sign (thought of it as a divider). Anyway, I like your version better.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 4:34pm
If this is what it appears to be, a reference to residency assessment greater than 1094 (as in at least 1095), my impression is that this would reflect the declared residency calculation, not an independent calculation, not a conclusive determination of residency. In other words, I doubt it confirms that the residency requirement is satisfied.

Indicators as to whether a hearing is required, and if so, what type (such as type C for residency issues or type F for possible residence fraud) will be a better indicator as to whether a determination has been made about whether or not the residency requirement has been met.

-------------
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 7:05pm
Just came home to find a CD from CIC in my mailbox with the requested GCMS notes and copies of all physical and electronic files. Despite my filing the request via a Privacy Act form and specifically requesting information pertaining to the reason I was issued an RQ, the criteria used to evaluate my application, and the file requirements checklist, none of those were included. The crucial 4 pages of my file which I think have the insight "are withheld pursuant to section 22(1)(b) of the privacy act". 

I am just wondering which of the following such a disclosure would really fall under:

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:35pm
You can easily file a complaint with the office of the Information Commissioner of Canada.

See http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx - this web page for information about lodging a complaint. It states there:
Quote Anyone who feels that an information request was not properly handled by a federal institution may ask the OIC to investigate the issue. Typical reasons for making complaints include processing delays, denial of information, fees required, and official language concerns.

It also states:
Quote Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be given the assigned investigator's name. He or she may ask you questions and will give you the opportunity to present your point of view. The investigator will also obtain information from the institution and will try to mediate a resolution of your complaint.

Many complaints are settled by clearing up misinterpretations or errors. Bear in mind, however, that the Commissioner may conclude that the institution acted properly.

Before making a finding, the Commissioner considers the results of the investigation, your arguments, as well as those of the government institution and any third party affected by disclosure of the information. The finding is then reported directly to you.

At some point, applicants should be entitled to everything that is given to the Citizenship Judge to consider. Timing is the critical difficulty there.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:38pm
@dpenabill - thanks! Will follow through on this. 

I think the issue of having access to exactly the same information as what the judge and CO see, is crucial and just. If this were a trial, the discovery phase would've taken care of this.

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

You can easily file a complaint with the office of the Information Commissioner of Canada.
Many complaints are settled by clearing up misinterpretations or errors. Bear in mind, however, that the Commissioner may conclude that the institution acted properly.
Timing is the critical difficulty there.

I tried that route to fight exclusions from OB407 (checklist, file analysis templates, etc.)
Complaint filed in October 2012. Resolved in April 2013 (6 months from start to finish). Did not result in anything new - investigator sided with the Ministry on how they apply exemptions. They released an updated version to me, which only included one new element - section headings (which we already knew from mcm's post last year).

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:53pm

Not sure, but I tend to think there should be some difference between what information the public is entitled to access, versus a complaint regarding excluded information in a request for personal information.

And this is also where the timing issue looms large. Until the file is actually handed off to the Citizenship Judge, it is in internal processing, so those policies which allow CIC to withhold certain information still apply to a certain extent. Once the file is handed off to the CJ, the applicant should be entitled to examine all that (everything given to the CJ) in its entirety. But this does not happen until either the file is handed to the CJ for a file review, in which case that is probably done at the same time the oath is being scheduled, or until it is referred to the CJ for a hearing, and again this is probably the same time the hearing is being scheduled. If for a file review, and oath, who is interested in spending time making an ATIP request, potentially risking another element factoring into things? (I would not be.) If scheduled for the hearing, probably no time to actually obtain the response to the ATIP request before the hearing and who will want to delay their hearing. I would, if in that scenario, but I can see that at that stage most want to plow ahead and get it done and not get bogged down in wrangling with bureaucratic obstructions into accessing information.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:58pm
@dpenabill If for a file review, and oath, who is interested in spending time making an ATIP request, potentially risking another element factoring into things? (I would not be.)

Can you please clarify this statement? Are you suggesting that simply requesting a copy of the file via ATIP request while the file is in process raises red flags for the CIC, or are you using "risking another element" to illustrate the potential delay the ATIP request can have on the file moving on to the next stage?

Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:12pm

Quote If for a file review, and oath, who is interested in spending time making an ATIP request, potentially risking another element factoring into things? (I would not be.)

Can you please clarify this statement? Are you suggesting that simply requesting a copy of the file via ATIP request while the file is in process raises red flags for the CIC, or are you using "risking another element" to illustrate the potential delay the ATIP request can have on the file moving on to the next stage?

Not really suggesting anything. Foremost, I do not really know much at that level about what goes on behind the curtains at CIC. All I really know is that even CIC call centre calls will result in a note to the file, so that means there is some interaction with the file. Odds of that being problematic are probably very, very small. But who knows for sure, given that it will cause an extra set of eyes to take an otherwise extra look at the file, and at that point, to my view, with the oath already scheduled, it is not worth taking even a tiny, tiny risk of tipping things off the rails. It is not so much about how much risk (again, probably very tiny) but that there is no reason to take any unnecessary risk, no matter how small.

My point is simply that there is a very narrow window of time in which an individual has a fair procedure right of access to information being given to the Citizenship Judge, which is a more substantive right than the right to access public information generally, and more substantive than a general personal right to what information a government body has about the person. And given the circumstances attendant that narrow window of opportunity, many if not nearly all are not likely to pursue it . . . but especially not if they get notice to take the oath. (What's the saying? Don't kick a sleeping dog? Something like that.)

-------------

Date Posted: 02 May 2013 at 12:12pm
Hey Canunk25 & Akella,

Surprisingly for me the location field is totally blank. Only below it the description says a few digits in nos. - tt i.e. XXXXX-tt wherein X stands for some nos.

For me too the notes section has the complete RQ letter as was received by me in the mail & also on the test date.

I guess as akella mentioned they are holding back a lot of information from us in our ATIP requests, I guess because of the fear that it will disclose the shortcomings in their processess. For sure they have no clue why , and to who to give RQ's . They as mentioned in the latest new article, giving RQ's randomly.

Posted By: sparkle
Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 11:29am

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I completed my RQ (given on the test date) little over a month ago.  When I check my status online, there is no mention of RQ.  I sent my first package with tracking number, but I didn’t do that with my second letter, which completed my RQ submission. 

I plan on skipping asking call centre agents about my file, and request ATIP later on.  

My questions are:

1.     CIC web site – my application status page

a.     Would the site show receipt of a completed RQ? 

b.     Information regarding an invitation to a ceremony:  What is the average time lag for this showing up on the web site?  (My mail does not get delivered to my door, so I don’t normally check mail on a daily basis.)  I heard that the date on the notice to the ceremony date is only about 2 weeks.  What would be the fastest way to find out about the ceremony invite?

2.     ATIP

a.     Would ATIP show my test result?

b.     Would there be any negative consequences to my application if I request ATIP?

c.     How soon after completion of RQ should I request ATIP in my case? 

d.     How soon after completion of RQ would ATIP reveal whether or not one needs to see a judge?

My timeline is

Aug 2011:  citizenship application received by CIC

Dec 2012:  interview / RQ / test at Scarborough

Apr 2013:  completed RQ sent to CIC

*** Kindly advise if I should post my questions on another thread.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

-------------
sparkle

Date Posted: 14 May 2013 at 2:17pm
@sparkle
1a - The site does not show receipt of RQ. Since you got your RQ at test time, your latest entry in ecas will be your test invite notification. Untill the RQ is reviewed and a decision is made there will not be any update on your application in ecas.
1b. Typically a few days, though ecas is known to be unreliable.

2a. ATIP does show your test results
2b. No as far as I know
2c. I would recommend waiting for at least 6 months after CIC confirms receipt of your RQ (usually 2 months after you send it). The reason is that it is unlikely there will be any action on your file before 8-9 months after you submitted your RQ.
2d. Same as C, if not later, though my ATIP currently shows no need to see a judge. 

Date Posted: 15 May 2013 at 9:27am

Thank you canuck25 for responding. 

I would appreciate input from others as well.

canuck25, so basically you are suggesting that I may be able to confirm the receipt of my RQ with a Call Centre agent after 2 months, and that I may want to wait 8 or 9 months after RQ submission before ordering an ATIP.  

I am not familiar with ecas.  When an entry is made to ecas, does the information get reflected on their web site immediately, for clients to view? 

At the Call Centre, do agents access ecas information?  Do they have access to any other client information (database)?  In other words, what client- or file- specific information can they access, in addition to what CIC offers to clients via their web site?

You responded “2a. ATIP does show your test results”.  After I posted my questions on this thread, but before I read your response, I was browsing other threads and somewhere a person said that she (?) found out the test result as passed, via ATIP I believe.  Unfortunately I don’t remember which thread or anything though …  Perhaps some reports include the test result, while others do not. 

You said, “my ATIP currently shows no need to see a judge”.  Are you certain that the determination was made after CIC reviewed your RQ package thoroughly? 

Perhaps those who requested  ATIP immediately after submitting an RQ can confirm that “no hearing” is the default setting, or that field is left blank until a determination (after RQ package is reviewed thoroughly) is made….

Further questions re ATIP:

2  e.  Do you automatically get all the documents you submitted to CIC in the past (e.g. landed immigrant application, PR card application and renewal request forms, etc.), even if that involves decades of information, say 30 years?

2  f.  Could someone list what you get as a result of ATIP request, for both types of requests, electronic and physical? 

Thank you.

-------------
sparkle

Date Posted: 15 May 2013 at 10:18am
That's correct - as you can see from my timeline, RQ was sent in late July and was confirmed 'received' by the CIC St. Clair in mid September. To verify the status of your documents call the CIC 2-3 months after you send them out, but make sure you send them by Fedex/UPS/registered mail so that you have proof of delivery and a signature.

As for ecas, it is typically updated once a week on Tuesdays, so even if an entry is made it can take up to a week for it to show up. The greater issue is whether someone will actually make the entry on CIC's backend. 

When you call the CIC, the agents access your file in the GCMS - the Global Case Management System. This is the same information you receive if you file an ATIP request and ask for them to send you electronic files. They can see more detailed progress of your file than what is available in ecas, but not much more to give you really meaningful answers while your RQ is waiting to be reviewed. 

Your GCMS will have your test results recorded. As far as "no hearing" I too have that, but won't be surprised if this changes after the case officer reviews my file. 

For your questions 2e and 2f - this was covered in the past, however I will address it again. 
When you file the request you get a copy of your citizenship file (either physical or electronic). By File they likely mean application, meaning that if you sent something in 30 years ago and it's not a part of your active file, it will not show up unless you request your entire "immigration file" - a separate request. 

When you request your electronic citizenship file, you get a screen printout of your GCMS report. It lists all activity on your file, assigned officers, the status of the application, etc... When you request a copy of the physical file, you get a scanned copy of your physical application along with all the additional information you submitted in support of your application, including the RQ documents. You will NOT receive however the pages that show the reasons you received your RQ.

Date Posted: 15 May 2013 at 11:31am

Thank you very much canuck25 for your fast and detailed response. 

I now realize that earlier I misunderstood your response “ATIP does show your test results” for some reason. Sorry about that.  Perhaps because when I called CIC a rep told me they cannot tell me whether I passed or not.  I just asked a general question, didn’t give my client ID.  I don’t know why they try to hide your test result … it seems some locations tell you the result right at the test centre.

Thanks again,

-------------
sparkle

Date Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 10:12am
Hey everyone,

Just read the full name for the short form of BRO ( showing in the ATIP reports in the notes section wherein they update your RQ received date)

BRO according to ATIP language I guess is an acronym for Backlog reduction Office - which is St Clair in case of GTA as my ATIP says in notes section- RQ received ------(date), to be attached to file. Bro.

Got the full name of BRO from the latest operation bulletin posted dtd today on cic website.

Posted By: asifatt
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 7:30am
Just to understand for requesting ATIP .. if i request physical files .. the report would not include the electronic files and i would have to make a seperate request for Electronic files? 

-------------
Received-23/OCT/11 : Location-Oshawa : Office-Scarborough : In-Process-30/JAN/12 : Test-NOV/7/12 : RQ-NOV/7/2012 : RQ processed at ST.Clair Office

Posted By: 514MTL
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2013 at 6:09pm
Does anyone knows what the activity 9 is related to?
mine stats:

TYPE: TESTING
??????

In my physical ATIP I got my score, and the call centre says I passed too.

-------------
Montreal Office: Applied 08/2011
In process 11/2012
Test 04/17/2013
RQ received 10/2013
RQ sent 11/2013
Oath 02/26/2015

Posted By: greeny
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
hi, guys, I've just got my ATIP and now I have some questions

1/ Priority - used to have - 2-medium , now - regular - what does taht mean?
2/ activity id 1-CN7RG4 - pending - ?
3/ what does @ protected "B" @ mean?
4/ judge decision pending, grantor's decision - pending  -?  why the responsible office is Sydney?
5/ activity id 1-CN7RGG - hearin not required - what kind of activity is it?
6/activity id  1-CN7RGI, 1-CN7RGL - hearing not required - what kind of activity are these?
7/ file update in Nov 2012 , st/ clair, what does  @primary:Y@ mean?

all clearances are expired in October 2011

what is the most important inforamtion to pay attention to? 

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by 514MTL 514MTL wrote:

mine stats:

??????

ATIP  can't be static , it's always being updated, if you didn't have hearing required in the previous one and now you do, that 's an update and you'll see a judge. how much time has been passed since the previous ATIP?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by greeny greeny wrote:

mine stats:

??????

ATIP  can't be static , it's always being updated, if you didn't have hearing required in the previous one and now you do, that 's an update and you'll see a judge. how much time has been passed since the previous ATIP?

Hi greeny!

This was my first ATIP. 

-------------
In process 11/2012
Test 04/17/2013
RQ received 10/2013
RQ sent 11/2013
Oath 02/26/2015

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:49pm

and what's your timeline?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:51pm

You can see in my signature: 
Montreal Office: Applied 08/2011 - In process 11/2012 - Test 04/17/2013

I have not received a RQ.

-------------
In process 11/2012
Test 04/17/2013
RQ received 10/2013
RQ sent 11/2013
Oath 02/26/2015

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:53pm

oh, interesting, have you passed the test? maybe , you failed and that triggered JH?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:54pm

oh, interesting, have you passed the test? maybe , you failed and that triggered JH?

Yes, I passed the test. Got 20/20, which is also written on my physical ATIP.

-------------
In process 11/2012
Test 04/17/2013
RQ received 10/2013
RQ sent 11/2013
Oath 02/26/2015

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 4:55pm

Yes, I passed the test. Got 20/20, which is also written on my physical ATIP.
I don't have the score of my test, just passed. 
but if you have JH that means the only thing you'll be scheduled for it ((

Posted By: Vancan2012
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:22pm
I was looking at the ATIP that came by mail last week, and noticed in the activities the following:
  • Hearing - Status Not Started
    • Sub-activities
    • Schedule Hearing, status Not Started 
    • Record Hearing Results, status Not Started
Given I haven't been invited to write the test as of yet, and the fact that these activities appear to have been created long before me sending back the RQ, I wonder if these are standard for everyone issued an RQ or if they indicate that the officer has decided to schedule me for a hearing even before receiving my RQ.

-------------
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process

Posted By: alaink
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Vancan2012 Vancan2012 wrote:

I was looking at the ATIP that came by mail last week, and noticed in the activities the following:
    • Sub-activities
Given I haven't been invited to write the test as of yet, and the fact that these activities appear to have been created long before me sending back the RQ, I wonder if these are standard for everyone issued an RQ or if they indicate that the officer has decided to schedule me for a hearing even before receiving my RQ.

I think these are standard for everyone b/c it says the same thing aboiut the ceremony under activity 6 on your ATIP

Posted By: CyberHawk
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:30pm
I've applied for my ATIP too, I wonder what is this all about.
At least I would know when the decision for a citizenship judge hearing was made. 
That would give me (although a very rough one) an estimate of how long I have to further wait. 

-------------
Landed 2007 Montreal
Applied 08/2011
In process 10/2012
Test's written 02/2013

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 10:58am
Hey Vancan2012

Could please advise how long it took for u to get ur ATIP ? I have applied now almost 28 calender days online and have not received anything as yet.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:13am
Hey greeny,

To get clarification on ur report, Try calling the CIC ATIP coordinator's nos. mentioned on the websites with the name of the coordinator too.

Go to www.tbs-sct.gc.ca, click on the tab Transparency on the left of the page, then click on How to make Access to information Request,
On this page there is a link to Access to Information & privacy Coordinators. Once u are there there is a whole alphabetical list of the all the departments with the names & contact nos. of their respective privacy Corodinators.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm

Hey Vancan2012

Could please advise how long it took for u to get ur ATIP ? I have applied now almost 28 calender days online and have not received anything as yet.

the 1st atip (on CD) took about 50 days , this one (electronic)- 25 days 

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 1:51pm

Hey greeny,

To get clarification on ur report, Try calling the CIC ATIP coordinator's nos. mentioned on the websites with the name of the coordinator too.

Go to www.tbs-sct.gc.ca, click on the tab Transparency on the left of the page, then click on How to make Access to information Request,
On this page there is a link to Access to Information & privacy Coordinators. Once u are there there is a whole alphabetical list of the all the departments with the names & contact nos. of their respective privacy Corodinators.

thank you, and I can ask them those questions I posted above?

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 2:09pm
Not sure about that. Try calling. let us know if it works and what those activities stand for? Could be of help to others too.

Posted By: Vancan2012
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 2:16pm

Hey Vancan2012

It's supposed to take 30 days + mailing time, which should be about 37 calendar days. Mine took 35 calendar days. It seems from the ATIP that they process it shortly after you request it, but then they mail it on the last day of the 30 day deadline. Not sure if they just don't want you to get it sooner, or it just takes them time to review it and make sure they remove things that you are not supposed to get such as CSIS info and so on.

-------------
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 5:16pm

• Sub-activities
I waited for the first one for long time and after I was given an email, wrote them and it came right after that.
here is that email, write them stating your file#, name, and date when you sent your inquiry 

hope this will help

Posted By: Dolce Vita
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 8:49pm

Posted By: Roni
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 7:27pm
I just received my Atip could you help please to understand:)))

I will just put updates

Files 1

Updated date: 18/07/2013
Type:     File
Responsible office:
Cic security : protected B
Priority. : 2- medium
Retention period : 6

Certificate 1

Updated : 18/07/2013
Type certificate 
Name
Eye colour
Back name
Exc
Reject : N

Sub activite1
Update: 27/02/2012
Type : judge decision 
Sub activity 2 
Update: 27/02/2012
Type: official. Grantor. Decision
Activity 3
Updated date: 27.02.2012
Type : hearing

Sub actv. 2
27/02/2012
Type : schedule hearing

Actv 4
Updated : 14/03/2013
Type: testing

Sub- actv 1
Updated date : 22/09/2011
Type: create citizenship certificate

-------------
08 NOV 2010 A/R-15 SEP 2011 IN PROCESS26 SEP SEND IT TO/1.March 20133

Posted By: salbar2012
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 8:22pm
Hi Roni,

I think you failed your test thats why hearing required.  I have mine as test: passed.  take care

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:05pm

@Rqcadet,

Mine shows  BUR-ER

Interesting! Does "residence assessment>1094 days august 2012" explicitly say "days" in it? I also had similar note in my file: "Residence assessment shelf > 1094 July 2012", but for some reason did not make a mental connection to the number of days, thought it is just a code.

I think I can answer the second part of your question (why no note on RQ request).  RQ issued by CPC-S all have this note ("RQ requested") as this is part of CPC-S standard procedure, but your RQ was issued at test time - so likely it is marked somewhere in the physical file / checklist, but officer did not bother entering a GCMS note.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2013 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by salbar2012 salbar2012 wrote:

Hi Roni,

I think you failed your test thats why hearing required.  I have mine as test: passed.  take care
You got yours in electronic one or physical one?

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 5:07pm

/

I was looking at the ATIP that came by mail last week 

changing in priority from "2-Medium" to "Regular" - means smth?

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:28am

Hi all,

just noticed
 my update date is 2013/02/26 13.15.49

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:37am
Retention period : 6 

As I understand my docs will be kept for 6 years, hopefully a decision will be made within this period , two more years and then finally I'll be a citizen , LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: Dan_The_Man
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 11:56am
I received my second GCMS. I was wondering what does the following information mean:

Updated by: SADMIN (All updates by SADMIN)
Case stage: Assess
Case status: On Hold (First ATIP: Case Status was: Open)

I don't see anywhere that my RQ has been reviewed.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 12:45pm
Hey Dan_The_Man

What is ur timeline?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 12:48pm
I applied in mid-2011. In-process, mid-2012. Pre-test RQ, mid-2012. 

Posted By: EasyRider
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Dan_The_Man Dan_The_Man wrote:

I applied in mid-2011. In-process, mid-2012. Pre-test RQ, mid-2012. 

Dan_The_Man, can you be more specific in months? I'll add you to table then, if you don't mind of course.

-------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5U1gEsWR9CdEo1OXNzdDlQR3NGV2Z5YlBQZVJMVXc - Montreal Citizenship Timelines

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 2:44pm
Hi everyone,

Here's my timeline:

Received: June, 16, 2011
In process and Pre-test RQ: July, 19, 2012
RQ submitted: August, 21, 2012

I was reading OB407 and this is what it says on the meaning of "On-Hold":

Local offices will be required to review the RQ and supporting documents prior to inviting the applicant to their test/interview with a Citizenship official. This means that there is a risk that files where an RQ is still outstanding may be inadvertently scheduled into a test event in GCMS. In order to avoid this scenario, CPC-S will use the "On-Hold" feature in GCMS prior to sending the application to the local office. Once the RQ and supporting documents are received at the local CIC and analysed by an officer, the On-Hold feature will be deactivated manually by a CIC official and the applicant invited to their test/interview. Users are encouraged to use the BF function to follow-up on these cases within 45 days. Note: The use of the "On-Hold" in GCMS does not necessarily mean that the processing of the file has stopped. It is simply an interim tool to be used until changes can be made in GCMS to prevent files where RQ has not yet been received from being scheduled into a test event.

Can some one interpret what the above means?
Does anyone know what's the difference between Case status: Open & Case status: On hold? Does that mean the file or RQ has not been touched yet? How can a file be on-hold if the RQ has not been reviewed?

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 1:54pm
Hi

Originally posted by Dan_The_Man Dan_The_Man wrote:

Hi everyone,Here's my timeline:Received: June, 16, 2011In process and Pre-test RQ: July, 19, 2012RQ submitted: August, 21, 2012I was reading OB407 and this is what it says on the meaning of "On-Hold":<span ="spnMessageText" id="msg"><font id="quote" face="" size="2">Local
offices will be required to review the RQ and supporting documents
prior to inviting the applicant to their test/interview with a
Citizenship official. This means that there is a risk that files where
an RQ is still outstanding may be inadvertently scheduled into a test
event in GCMS. In order to avoid this scenario, CPC-S will use the
"On-Hold" feature in GCMS prior to sending the application to the local
office. Once the RQ and supporting documents are received at the local
CIC and analysed by an officer, the On-Hold feature will be deactivated
manually by a CIC official and the applicant invited to their
test/interview. Users are encouraged to use the BF function to follow-up
on these cases within 45 days. Note: The use of the "On-Hold" in
GCMS does not necessarily mean that the processing of the file has
stopped. It is simply an interim tool to be used until changes can be
made in GCMS to prevent files where RQ has not yet been received from
being scheduled into a test event.
</span>
Can some one interpret what the above means? Does anyone know what's the difference between Case status: Open & Case status: On hold? Does that mean the file or RQ has not been touched yet? How can a file be on-hold if the RQ has not been reviewed?

What it means is that there has been a request for a RQ. Until the RQ is reviewed by the local office, a "hold" has been place on the GCMS so that no Citizenship test or ceremony is scheduled until the RQ is reviewed and dealt with.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: montrealia
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 4:07pm
Hi,

I've got my GCMS records with the following line:

Case Status: On-Hold - Security

When I look at the rest of the file, it does say that FOSS and RCMP clearances expired back in June. We are a pre-test RQ case.

I understand that the "On-Hold" is related to the RQ, do you think the "Security" is related to the expired clearances or does it mean something else?

Posted By: vancouver1108
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by montrealia montrealia wrote:

Hi, I've got my GCMS records with the following line:Case Status: On-Hold - SecurityWhen I look at the rest of the file, it does say that FOSS and RCMP clearances expired back in June. We are a pre-test RQ case. I understand that the "On-Hold" is related to the RQ, do you think the "Security" is related to the expired clearances or does it mean something else?

Hi I am jast same as you,Pre-test RQ,and RCMP clearance expired on June.My ATIP shows they sent requests to RCMP on Sep10 for the clearance.And my case statue is open.Maybe you can request another ATIP for update.

-------------
Apply Aug 8,2011,IP May 28,2012,RQ Jun 2012,sent RQ July 2012.Waiting......

Posted By: montrealia
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by vancouver1108 vancouver1108 wrote:

Hi, I've got my GCMS records with the following line:Case Status: On-Hold - SecurityWhen I look at the rest of the file, it does say that FOSS and RCMP clearances expired back in June. We are a pre-test RQ case. I understand that the "On-Hold" is related to the RQ, do you think the "Security" is related to the expired clearances or does it mean something else?

Hi I am jast same as you,Pre-test RQ,and RCMP clearance expired on June.My ATIP shows they sent requests to RCMP on Sep10 for the clearance.And my case statue is open.Maybe you can request another ATIP for update.

Thanks for your response! I got the ATIP a couple of days ago, so I don't think it will change much if I order it again now. Maybe I'll wait a few months.

How does your ATIP show that they requested RCMP clearance on Sep10?

I have a similar timeline as you.

-------------
Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014

Posted By: vancouver1108
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by vancouver1108 vancouver1108 wrote:

Thanks for your response! I got the ATIP a couple of days ago, so I don't think it will change much if I order it again now. Maybe I'll wait a few months.How does your ATIP show that they requested RCMP clearance on Sep10? I have a similar timeline as you.

On my ATIP document:
Updated date:2013/09/10
Type:Request criminal clearance

-------------
Apply Aug 8,2011,IP May 28,2012,RQ Jun 2012,sent RQ July 2012.Waiting......

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:58pm

Hi all,

My timeline is

Aug 2011:  citizenship application received by CIC

Dec 2012:  interview / RQ / test at Scarborough

Apr 2013:  completed RQ sent to CIC

Jul 2013:  sent an optional document (for my RQ) to CIC   

I am now considering to make an ATIP request online ( https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en - ).  Someone with experience with the process, please share your experience:

1.     Using this online site, can I make both electronic and physical file requests?

2.     Do I select “the Privacy Act” because the information I am seeking is my own records (= free)?

3.     What information do I gather before I start the online request form?  In other words, what kinds of questions should I expect to get during the process?  Is the information about CIC file #, client#, that kind of things, similar to when you check your citizenship application status online? 

4.     I once downloaded a word document titled “CIC_ATIP_Request_Template.docx” (I believe from this forum somewhere).   I am assuming that now I don’t have to prepare a letter like that when making the ATIP request online, but I still have a question.  In that template where it says,

I seek access to and copies of the following Citizenship and Immigration Canada records:

1.     [YOUR REQUEST GOES HERE]"

I am not sure what exactly I should be requesting.  I would like to know the status of my citizenship application and my test result.   I am assuming that I would have to type out what information I am seeking, and I would like to know what specifically I should be asking, in order to get most useful information.

Thank you.   Embarrassed

-------------
sparkle

Posted By: asifatt
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm
Hello Sparkle. 
So you are one of the post-test RQ victim. This is very unfortunate and i hope you get your citizenship soon. You may want to follow the  https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13758&title=post-test-rq-receipients-Only-since-2009 - Post Test RQ receipients ONLY ( Since 2009)  thread for more information on the progress. 
 As for your questions about ATIP - 
1. In order for you to request both physical and electronic files, the request has to be made separately. I did that few months back and they sent out a in about a month. 
2. When requesting for yourself, you can request it under Access to Information Act. 
3 All the information asked is simple and nothing complicated. Just keep following the instructions and you will be done in less than 2 minutes. It does ask for your client ID which is the ID you use to check CIC online. Important thing is you either need your File # which is noted on your Test letter or your RQ form or your just enter your location. I believe that's all you will need.
4. I am not sure why would anybody request ATIP by letter when online is simple enough to request. 

-------------
Received-23/OCT/11 : Location-Oshawa : Office-Scarborough : In-Process-30/JAN/12 : Test-NOV/7/12 : RQ-NOV/7/2012 : RQ processed at ST.Clair Office

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:57pm

Thank you asifatt for responding.

1.      So is the online request for physical or electronic files?  How can I get the other one? (or do I go through the process twice, one for  physical, one for electronic?

2.      I just confirmed on this page that “Individuals can obtain their personal information under the Privacy Act”, so I believe I can select the Privacy Act.  ( https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do#acc_1 - https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/faq.do?caller=/atip/welcome.do#acc_1 )

4. The online process seems to allow attaching a file, so some may still attach a letter.  I wouldn’t either as long as I can type up what I am seeking, or select from a list of documents or whatever.  Can someone tell me what specifically I should request? (pls see my original question above.)

Thank you.  Embarrassed

-------------
sparkle

Posted By: Marrrrr
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 3:00pm
Electronic files should give the information you need. 

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by sparkle sparkle wrote:

Hi all,

My timeline is

Aug 2011:  citizenship application received by CIC

Dec 2012:  interview / RQ / test at Scarborough

Apr 2013:  completed RQ sent to CIC

Jul 2013:  sent an optional document (for my RQ) to CIC   

I am now considering to make an ATIP request online ( https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en - ).  Someone with experience with the process, please share your experience:

1.     Using this online site, can I make both electronic and physical file requests?

2.     Do I select “the Privacy Act” because the information I am seeking is my own records (= free)?

3.     What information do I gather before I start the online request form?  In other words, what kinds of questions should I expect to get during the process?  Is the information about CIC file #, client#, that kind of things, similar to when you check your citizenship application status online? 

4.     I once downloaded a word document titled “CIC_ATIP_Request_Template.docx” (I believe from this forum somewhere).   I am assuming that now I don’t have to prepare a letter like that when making the ATIP request online, but I still have a question.  In that template where it says,

I seek access to and copies of the following Citizenship and Immigration Canada records:

1.     [YOUR REQUEST GOES HERE]"

I am not sure what exactly I should be requesting.  I would like to know the status of my citizenship application and my test result.   I am assuming that I would have to type out what information I am seeking, and I would like to know what specifically I should be asking, in order to get most useful information.

Thank you.   Embarrassed

electronic comes faster just by email, physical longer, mine were 10 weeks winding somewhere, electronic came in 3 weeks.

-------------
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 10:40pm

electronic comes faster just by email, physical longer, mine were 10 weeks winding somewhere, electronic came in 3 weeks.

Hi greeny, thanks for responding.  So did you apply for the physical one via online request?  The email one is just via email?  If so, what is the email address? 

Also, did you just ask for "any information related to my citizenship application"?   Did you name any documents or files specifically? 

Thank you.  Wishing you lots of good luck wih your application!!   Embarrassed

-------------
sparkle

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 1:23am
Originally posted by sparkle sparkle wrote:

Hi greeny, thanks for responding.  So did you apply for the physical one via online request?  The email one is just via email?  If so, what is the email address? 

Also, did you just ask for "any information related to my citizenship application"?   Did you name any documents or files specifically? 

Thank you.  Wishing you lots of good luck wih your application!!   Embarrassed

I can't remember exactly what I ticked there, just applied and paid online,  the link I found here in the forum search. 
 for sure I asked about my citizenship, seems like I put my client ID there and I didn't ask about any specific docs
, thank you for wishingsWink

-------------
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 6:11pm
Could someone confirm:  i should make 2 requests, via email = electronic (GCMS report ), and CD = physical files on a CD? Thanks.

-------------
sparkle

Print Page | Close Window