Print Page | Close Window

Business incorporation for PR exemption

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Business / Investor Immigration
Forum Description: Three programs offering permanent residence for persons with successful managerial experience and varying thresholds of personal net worth.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10817
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 2:48am

Topic: Business incorporation for PR exemption
Posted By: ajshaikh
Subject: Business incorporation for PR exemption
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 4:03am
My wife & I have residency in Dubai & Canada. I have my own business in Dubai (wife not involved). We shuffle between Dubai & Canada regularly.

If I incorporate same company in Canada, show myself as the owner, continue shuffling between Dubai office & Canada office then does that exempt me from the PR obligation or does it have any other benefits?

If I incorporate same company in Canada, show my wife or a friend as the owner with me employed there, continue shuffling between Dubai office & Canada office then does that exempt me from the PR obligation or does it have any other benefits?

Replies:
Posted By: scylla
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2012 at 7:36am
No - it won't exempt you from the PR residency obligation. CIC caught on to this trick a long time ago and are on the look out for Canadian corporations that have been set up for the purpose of trying to retain residency.

For your time working outside of Canada to count towards the residency obligation, you must first be hired by a Canadian corporation (a real Canadian corporation that actually does real business in Canada) for a job IN Canada. At a later date, that corporation must then transfer you to a job outside of Canada.

-------------
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010

Posted By: Lahen000
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 3:29am
Here are really nice and most interesting post. I am totally agree with you and would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. Here is also a question about http://www.worldwidemarkets.com/wwm/en-us/Admin/Pages/producttable.aspx - Forex Trading . Someone explain it please. Thanks.

Print Page | Close Window