Print Page | Close Window

Residency Calculator

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10767
Printed Date: 13 May 2024 at 7:58pm

Topic: Residency Calculator
Posted By: maria1970
Subject: Residency Calculator
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 6:44pm
I have completed my application but and struggling with the online residency calculator. It is only asking 3 questions . Date became came to Canada/Date became a landed Immigrant/Date of Application.
Where do I enter my absenses from Canada for buisness or vacation etc ?????

-------------
Maria

Replies:
Posted By: bluejay
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 7:03pm
I can't possibly believe that you are not able to figure out the Residency Calculator, but yet you are able to find this forum online, sign up and start posting questions here. 

-------------
Toronto (St. Clair) Sent: Aug.17'11| Received: Aug.19'11 | e-Cas: Sep.20'11| Letter: Oct.3'11 | In Process: Apr.10'12 | Transferred: May.4'12| Test: Oct.11'12 | Oath: Oct.26'12

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 7:26pm
There is nothing to work out ... I have gone into the Residency Calculator section and completed the 3 questions and hit calculate. It comes up with the message that I am elligible (which I knew anyway).
I am asking where do I enter my absenses ?

-------------
Maria

Posted By: akella
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by maria1970 maria1970 wrote:

There is nothing to work out ... I have gone into the Residency Calculator section and completed the 3 questions and hit calculate. It comes up with the message that I am elligible (which I knew anyway).
I am asking where do I enter my absenses ?

Have you noticed this helpful message: "Select 'Continue' to calculate your basic residence taking into account time spent serving a sentence and physical presence." ?

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2012 at 8:07pm
I think I will complete the fillable PDF manually. It will be easier.

-------------
Maria

Print Page | Close Window