Print Page | Close Window

Inland Application sent from Sept 2009 to Jan 2010

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Family Class Sponsorship
Forum Description: A review of current sponsorship programs (permanent residence) promoting the reunion in Canada of close relatives from abroad.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1046
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 7:41pm

Topic: Inland Application sent from Sept 2009 to Jan 2010
Posted By: BlueDragon17846
Subject: Inland Application sent from Sept 2009 to Jan 2010
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:44am
I thought I'd open up a new thread for inlanders who sent their apps Sept 2009 - Jan 2010.

I called early this morning and the rep told me they are now opening apps received up through nov 13.

Replies:
Posted By: bflava
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 8:49am
it means yrs has ben opened and will probably be worked end of FEB/MARCH  but i am sure if u did yrs in Sept then u will hear something in March and also since u dot have anything back it means they have scanned through yrs and al is good to go through 1st stage.

good luck

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 1:08pm
Mine was sent in December, I just read that some people who sent it in earlier were having trouble logging into e-CAS and just thought I would give an update. It probably won't show up yet if you sent your app after nov 13.
December applicants probably won't even be looked at until March or so, but just thought I would open this up to give people a space to post their timelines when the time comes.  I'm probably jumping the gun on this, but I'm just anxious is all.  The fact that they're opening new apps at all seems like the biggest news ever, even if it isn't yet mine! Smile

Good luck everyone!

Posted By: Carmenuta
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 1:21pm
Hi, guys! I, too, have started a thread... It's for live-in-caregivers but they have the same timeline with the sponsorship applications. I sent my application in Sept, they received it on the 18th of September and I did hear from them on E-CAS. They did start processing my application in October, the 26th... which is more than a month away from when they received it. Thing is, I probably wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't had a little mistake (which was solved over the phone -- lucky me). Otherwise, every other agent had said that I shouldn't be able to hear from CIC for a LOONG time, meaning 6 months, basically. They were also saying that no news IS good news :-). Courage everyone!

-------------
Application sent: September 17th, 2009
Application received: September 18th, 2009
Started processing application: October 26th, 2009
Decision made: March 17th, 2010

Posted By: Fanadian
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:35pm
Thanks for the new thread. It's always nice to be able to share one's experiences and (the frustrating waiting time) with others. We sent our common-law application in October and it was received on Oct 27. We thought we would be hearing from CIC, gave them a call and inquired but they said we wouldn't be able to log into E-CAS until after 6 months at the time of the first stage approval. Let me know how your cases are proceeding when that time comes and hopefully everyone gets good news from CIC.

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: zob79
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 1:37am
 I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. Call center agents aren't very helpful in letting me know the progress of my application.

Here is my time line.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2009.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2009.

Posted By: elly1901
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 3:49am
d

Posted By: elly1901
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 3:56am
Hi Folks! It's my firt time to write here...

This is my timeline...and I seriously need somebody to talk about this for me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
We received your application for permanent residence on May 19, 2009.

We started processing your application on June 3, 2009.

We received the requested information on January 19, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on January 28, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.
--------------------------------------------

I thought being transferred to a local office is not a good news, isn't it?

I am now REALLY worried because it might mess up all my schools, works and everything if this immigration process doesn't go well...

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 10:05am
Hrmmm...yea, that generally means more processing at the local CIC.  They probably had questions and will likely call you in for an interview at some point.  Who knows, perhaps it will go through quickly and won't be as bad as you think?  We'll keep hoping for that, elly1901.  Keep us posted!

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 5:05pm
Just re-surfacing this thread...It seems like they are moving along through August now.  September applicants might hear some news any week now.  Anybody have some timelines?

-------------
****INLAND****
App sent: 11 Dec 2009
App recv'd: 14 Dec 2009
App started processing: 1 Mar 2010
AIP: 13 Sept 2010
Fingerprints Requested for RCMP: 4 March 2011
LANDED!!: 12 May 2011

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2010 at 8:11pm
Hello again
Thanks for reactivating the thread. I'm getting so anxious here.... We're hoping to hear something in couple of months. Probably in late April or early May. I'm hoping April cause my work permit expires soon. =(  I'll let you know how things proceed... sigh...
Good luck everyone!

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:43pm
Hi guys
I hope some of you are still there. I just wanted to share my updates with you. I've been finally able to log into E-CAS for the first time and found out that my application was received on Oct 27th and they started processing it on Jan 4th. I sent my OWP application kind of late (after the PR application) and asked them to enclose it with my PR application and they replied by sending a letter to me with my Client ID number. That number worked... Now let's just hope they're nice people and they won't eat us alive.

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: SWEETG
Date Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:45pm
hahahaaa.....oh my...poor us and this immigration thing "let's just hope they're nice people and they won't eat us alive."

-------------
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."

Date Posted: 24 Feb 2010 at 4:46pm
Thanks for the post, Fanadian.  I still haven't been able to log into e-CAS and I sent my app on Dec14.  I hope it will be any week now that I can log in.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 8:04am
Is there anybody out there who sent their app to Vegreville in December 2009?  If so, are you able to log into e-CAS yet?

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 02 Mar 2010 at 3:43pm
So I'm finally able to log into e-CAS:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2009.

We started processing your application on March 1, 2010.

Yippeee!!  I feel great!

Anybody else with timelines?

-------------
****INLAND****

Posted By: indimae
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 10:37pm
Thanks for the thread. You can't find a lot inland applications and forums.
Vergeville received the application on Sept. 8, 2009 and started processing it on Oct. 5, 2009. Hope to hear from them soon regarding first stage and work permit.
Who knows how long is the waiting after that!!!

One thing I learned about the call center- when calling to request info, make several calls in order to talk to different operators- not all of them are fully trained and resourceful.

-------------
PR card holder since June 2010

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 10:58pm
Hey, indimae. You're right. Please, let us know about your papers... you should be hearing from CIC so soon, if not this week. Mine is Sept. 18th, and i'm so anxious to hear from them.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 10:59am
Originally posted by indimae indimae wrote:

Thanks for the thread. You can't find a lot inland applications and forums.
Vergeville received the application on Sept. 8, 2009 and started processing it on Oct. 5, 2009. Hope to hear from them soon regarding first stage and work permit.
Who knows how long is the waiting after that!!!

One thing I learned about the call center- when calling to request info, make several calls in order to talk to different operators- not all of them are fully trained and resourceful.
indimae,

Thanks for your post! Hopefully you'll be hearing from them very soon!  Keep us posted!

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 7:25pm
Hello
I was just wondering if there are any other "inland" people who are getting sponsored by their common-law partners? And in general how does everyone feel about this process, what is your situation like (are you visitors, working etc)? I see a lot of excitment in people's comments as they're getting closer to the big day (of hearing from CIC) but I'm just freaking out more the closer it gets. Not good. I would really like to hear how other people are taking this. I would appreciate any input.
=) Thank you

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Fanadian Fanadian wrote:

Hello
I was just wondering if there are any other "inland" people who are getting sponsored by their common-law partners? And in general how does everyone feel about this process, what is your situation like (are you visitors, working etc)? I see a lot of excitment in people's comments as they're getting closer to the big day (of hearing from CIC) but I'm just freaking out more the closer it gets. Not good. I would really like to hear how other people are taking this. I would appreciate any input.
=) Thank you

I'm being sponsored by my husband.  We were married Sept 2009, I sent in my extension for visitor status with my PR app on Dec 14 and started processing on Mar 1.  I'm one of the ones who was so excited just to see my name in e-CAS, tho that was mostly due to the fact that I was an idiot and threw out the tracking number for my app.  So when I saw it in e-CAS I just breathed a huge sigh of relief that it actually was at CIC and processing.
I would say just relax and try to keep living life as usual best you can.  Its very easy to freak out and get nervous, especially when you come on the boards here and hear so many horror stories.    But anyway, yea from time to time the forums, while being very helpful and supportive, sometimes can get me more nervous and doubtful and upset, especially about things that (since my app is already in) are out of my hands, at least for now.  I've since taken a view that whatever I've sent in will have to do for now.  If CIC needs more, we'll cross that bridge down the road, but for now, gotta use the free time to try something new, something I've been waiting for the time to get around to, you know, stuff like that. It's important to just to take deep breaths and start a new hobby!Smile  It gets my mind off things, and before you know it you'll just look in your mailbox one day, and your approval letter will be there from CIC!  Just gotta keep thinking positive, if you don't do that, you can and certainly will be driven insane.

-------------
****INLAND****

Posted By: ikimery
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 1:50pm

Hello All,

Just thought I would add my timeline to the discussion

Inland
App Sent: October 27, 2009
We received your application for permanent residence on October 28, 2009. 
We started processing your application on January 7, 2010.

Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 2:10pm
Thanks for the post ikimery!! Great to hear more and more info on applications!!

Great news people!! Just got my visitor extension in the mail today!!  Sent it in with my PR app on Dec 14 and they started processing Mar 1.  They gave me extension until Mar 2, 2011.  Prolly means it will take that long, lol.  haha, eerrrrrrrr Ermm

-------------
****INLAND****

Posted By: shortie
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 5:40pm
My timeline......

-------------
INLAND

We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 30, 2009.

Posted By: dpausuri
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 4:13pm
Hi Bluedragon

what form did you submit for applying for visa extension?? I need to do the same, and since I am going to apply in March 2010, I guess I can expect it by Dec 2011 :(  Hey, as long as I am here with my family, the wait shouldn't matter, right???

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 4:32pm
I just sent you a message to your inbox.  I suggest reading over info for both inland and outland apps, and choose carefully.  In most cases, outland is faster.

If you want to extend your visitor status, you will use the same form, no matter how you apply.  It is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

If you apply outland, you send it separate from your PR application.  If you apply inland, you send it with you app for PR.  If you are applying inland and also want to get an open work permit after AIP (if you get approved for AIP), you will send in the same form, you will just check box "C" to apply for an open work permit, and follow the directions for fees.

Good luck.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 11:07am
Bumping the thread...and also to ask a somewhat rhetorical question..doesn't it seem like its taking CIC longer and longer each week to update the website?
I mean...why is it that the date always reflects the Monday of the week, but is never updated until like Thursday or Friday?  Doesn't make sense...

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 11:32am
Yeah, you're right BlueDragon. I'm not sure how accurate they are.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 1:15pm
Hi
I agree with you BlueDragon. I've noticed the same. A little while ago they were updating regularly on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and up to 14 days at a time but now they don't update until on Fridays and the processing speed has seemed to slow down.  And no updates so far this week... (boo hoo). Oh well, can't help but wait. Have a good weekend everyone. 

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 2:34pm
Ah well, they updated it for this week anyway.  At least its confirmed they are indeed on to September.  We should be hearing from you September-ites soon, now!  Keep us posted with your news!!

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:12pm
Yes, of course, Bluedragon! Visit our thread too, and we'll let you know... I'm a "September'ite" :-). I can't wait. You know, I gave it some thought, but then again, it's just an opinion. I'm thinking sometimes, what that date on the timeline may mean that they've already made those decisions and they're just sending out letters to those applicants... and, in fact, they're working on applications beyond the date they display on their charts. Who know, we can only speculate, but at least, they're moving on!

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:17pm
Plus, the timeline is as of March 8th, not as of March 12th, today... So...

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Carmenuta Carmenuta wrote:

Plus, the timeline is as of March 8th, not as of March 12th, today... So...
Ahhh, just gotta love those CIC people, who don't make any sense!

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 5:23pm

Haha, no kidding..

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: zugar
Date Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 4:26am
Hello all, i'm wondering if it's possible to submit PR application for parents within Canada? I read here that when you submit for extension application you should submit PR application as well? Or does that only apply to spouse?

I already applied as a sponsor to my dad 3 years ago and he has a valid visitor visa and been visiting twice a year, I'm just wondering if I can submit his PR application inland so he can stay here while waiting for his PR result.

Any thoughts would be great :)

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2010 at 10:23am
Hi
This is for Zugar; As far as I know eligible relatives other than spouses or common-law partners have to get their PR applications processed outside Canada. I'm not 100% sure though so if anyone knows better then please correct me. You are probably familiar with the instructions CIC gives but here's a short explanation from their website. You might also want to look into the Provincial Nominee Programs depending on your location. Good luck!

Sponsoring your family:
Eligible relatives—How to apply

The application process involves two steps:

1. You, as a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, must apply to be a sponsor and then be approved.
  2. The eligible relative(s) must apply and be approved for permanent residence. Application forms for your relatives to fill out will be sent to you in Canada after the Case Processing Centre of Citizenship and Immigration Canada in Mississauga, Ontario, reviews your sponsoring application. You should ensure that the correct number of application forms are mailed overseas to the relatives you want to sponsor for permanent residence.
For your father's information: Your sponsor should advise you once your sponsorship has been processed and send you a Family Class application. You must submit your completed Family Class application to the Canadian visa office that will serve you. Check the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp - list of countries and Visa Offices to find out where you must submit your application.

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 6:28pm
 Breaking news:
Checked online and says:
Decision made and letter sent on March 8th!
OMG!!! Am I getting the PR card or is just sponsorship approval?!
I can't sleep!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 7:47pm
Awesome Indimae! You should be getting a first stage approval concerning your sponsorship and PR application and depending on their decision they will set a date for an interview or seal the deal without it. This is my "guestimate". You can apply for a PR card after you've landed as a permanent resident. Keep us updated. I can imagine your feelings. Nervwrecking eh... Big smile

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:18pm
Thanks Fanadian!
Is there a big time gap between sponsorship approval and interview date?
How's your application?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 9:11pm
Well if the "guestimate" is right and it is first stage approval that they're sending then I would say more or less two months. But again it depends on your case and where you live in Canada. The interview should take place at the nearest CIC regional office and some are faster than others depending on the amount of cases they have under review etc. I hope everything goes well for you and you get your PR fast. I'm still waiting... maybe 6 more weeks or so. Anxiously waiting. Geek

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 10:42pm

Breaking news:
Checked online and says:
Decision made and letter sent on March 8th!
OMG!!! Am I getting the PR card or is just sponsorship approval?!
I can't sleep!

Wow!! conrgats, indimae, and thanks so much for the post...we should be hearing from more September applicants soon!!

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:18am
Thanks BlueDragon Smile
Fanadian, I'm in Toronto, so I guess if they transfer to a local office it may have some delay.
However, I'll keep you updated and post as soon as I receive the letter, as a hope for everyone that is in the same stage :-)

P.S. I hope they say "Please send us your passport so we could give you the PR card" (I know it's not realistic, but it's a wish) Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 3:13am
Good for you Indimae. Wow, so they are taking exactly 6 months. If that be it, then I may hear from CIC on the 18th, right in time to get a birthday present for the 19th of March. I"m getting so excited.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 11:43am
WOW!! So we got 3 letters:
1. Work permit
2. sponsorship approval... and...
3. letter that says: "we are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration center in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."
They'll call me for an appointment and I have to bring my passport. Then a final decision will be made.
Wow, this was a quick process- 5 months from opening my application in Ocotober. I hope it won't take them too long to call me :-)))
I guess they are working :-)
This is a hope that many of you soon will receive the same letters.
Cheers!!! Beer

-------------

Posted By: Max101
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:06pm
That's good news indimae, We are getting excited !!
Following is my wife's time line. hoping to get update soon.
Inland family class (spouse) application:
- Received the application on September 17, 2009
- Started Processing the application on October 21, 2009

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:25pm
You should get it in a week or two! Keeping my fingers cross :-)
I think one of the things that helped are how many supporting documents you are sending to prove the relationship and how are they organized. The rest is luck :-))
I'll keep you informed on the development with the appointment with Canada immigration center in Scarborough.

-------------

Posted By: bonjoydave
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:45pm
hi just a question about eCas:

do they update your ecas everytime something happens to the application?i mean do they update if they recieved,if they started processing,or you can just see your ecas if the decision has been made?thanks..

-------------
February/9/2010: Sent application for PR

September/10/2010: AIP and OWP

December/21/2010: Received my CSQ

June/14/2011: Decision Made

Aug/23/2011: Became Permanent Resident

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 1:53pm

WOW!! So we got 3 letters:
1. Work permit
2. sponsorship approval... and...
3. letter that says: "we are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada immigration center in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent resident status."
They'll call me for an appointment and I have to bring my passport. Then a final decision will be made.
Wow, this was a quick process- 5 months from opening my application in Ocotober. I hope it won't take them too long to call me :-)))
I guess they are working :-)
This is a hope that many of you soon will receive the same letters.
Cheers!!! Beer
Wow, that's great news!!

@bonjoydave, I believe in between processing and decision made, some of them will tell if medical results have been received.  Not too sure of this, though, since my app started processing Mar 1.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:00pm
@BD: ah ok.so for example i passed my application last month?i can check my ecas after a month to see if they received my app?then they will update each time until a decision has been made..thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:12pm
Thanks Blue Dragon!
bonjoydave:
call Call center and ask for Client ID number. If they don't give you on the first attempt, call again. Not all of the operators are trained enough. I got mine on the second call and talking to a different operator.
After that in your ecas it'll say when they received the application, when they started processing it- you'll see this for next 5-6 months. Hopefully after 5-6 months it will say medical received and decision made.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:20pm
@indimae:
client id number?the one thats in our work permit or they will give you a new one for ecas?

whats the number to call btw?

i submit my app last month,i just want to make sure that its aleady there.i tried to open my ecas using my workpermit's client number but it says they can't provide blah blah...

Thank u!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:33pm
Here's the number of the call center:1 888 242‑2100
This is what is says on the website:

"Call Centre agents

Call Centre agents can help you with questions about in‑Canada processes for citizenship and immigration programs and services.

They are available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. The Call Centre agents can help you in English or French.

You must choose one of the first five recorded options before you can speak to an agent.

Please note: Agents cannot make decisions on applications that are being processed by Case Processing Centres or CIC offices, nor can they assist in processing applications more quickly."

They'll ask you for your birth date and address that's on the application. It's a 8 digit number.
If they don't give you the first time, try and try again :-)
Good luck! Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Mar 2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by bonjoydave bonjoydave wrote:

@BD: ah ok.so for example i passed my application last month?i can check my ecas after a month to see if they received my app?then they will update each time until a decision has been made..thanks.
Yes.  Also note that if you applied inland, its been taking them about 2.5 months to open apps and put them in the system, so you might not have it in e-CAS yet.  You can find your client ID number on a visitor visa, if you have that.  Otherwise just call the call center and ask.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 11:48am
hello.so ive been calling the Call Center Since yesterday but it always ends up to "All Agents are busy;We cannot transfer your call pls try again later.." so frustrating... is there any other number to call?thanks...

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:18pm
you just have to keep trying I'm afraid...  I managed to get through yesterday morning at the second try.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:24pm
Sometimes, it's best if you try calling them, starting on Wednesday or very early in the morning. Usually, they're pretty busy on Monday and Tuesday.

-------------

Posted By: gorcho
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by bonjoydave bonjoydave wrote:

hello.so ive been calling the Call Center Since yesterday but it always ends up to "All Agents are busy;We cannot transfer your call pls try again later.." so frustrating... is there any other number to call?thanks...

At the Moment this Recording Starts"All Agents are busy;We cannot transfer your call pls try again later..", Hit  0 (Zero) again, I Found this by Accident and it worked,  I was trying to connect for the last 2 weeks
Cheers

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:42pm
Bonjoydave, did you send your package through express post? If you did, you can track your package and get a confirmation of the delivery. You might not be able to access E-cas until they start processing your file just like Bluedragon said. However, after 2-3 months you should be able to access your information with your current WP client-ID.

-------------
Fanadian

Posted By: kiki
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:47pm

i haven't heard anything about my application:

Sept, 3: received my application 
Oct, 1: started to process 
up to now, no update..............dont know how long we have to wait.....
my husband called cic call centre yesterday, the result is....wait......

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by kiki kiki wrote:

I haven't heard anything about my application:

You should be real close, kiki.  They're working on apps in your pool now.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by BlueDragon17846 BlueDragon17846 wrote:

I haven't heard anything about my application:

You should be real close, kiki.  They're working on apps in your pool now.
Thanks, hope so....good luck to all of us....

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 1:01pm
Kiki, what class are you with?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 1:08pm

Kiki, what class are you with?

family class sponsorship

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 1:13pm
Is your case processed in Alberta? Or Missassauga?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 1:26pm

Is your case processed in Alberta? Or Missassauga?
Alberta

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Fanadian Fanadian wrote:

Bonjoydave, did you send your package through express post? If you did, you can track your package and get a confirmation of the delivery. You might not be able to access E-cas until they start processing your file just like Bluedragon said. However, after 2-3 months you should be able to access your information with your current WP client-ID.

yes i did send it last month (Feb .9) by Expresspost,and tracked it,received by Feb.11..i got lucky a while ago and got connected to an Agent.it took me me 15 minutes to wait.But they said they are just opening applications received up to January 8,2010 so i must assume that mine will be open next month..Patience Patience..

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 12:37pm
Carmenuta, That's great you got the "Decision Made" update today. congrats, letters must be on the way !!

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 12:57pm
Hi, Max101. Thank you and yes, letters are on their way over here! How's it going with you?

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 1:12pm
No updates yet. hoping for soon.  Thumbs Up

Inland Spouse Application:
Application received: September 17, 2009
Started processing application: October 21, 2009

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Max101 Max101 wrote:

No updates yet. hoping for soon.  Thumbs Up

Inland Spouse Application:
Application received: September 17, 2009
Started processing application: October 21, 2009

You should be soon!Big smile

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 1:49pm
Congrats!!! Run time run!Smile

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 1:53pm
Carmenuta, congrats!
i dont know when i can get........Confused

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 1:58pm
congrats Carmenuta... 

hopefully it'll be my turn in the next week or two. I just can't wait for my OWP, I'm going stir crazy rattling about the house all day everyday.

-------------
INLAND

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 2:41pm
Oh, Shortie, I know exactly how you feel! It will come! If things keep going the way they are, you might have a surprise this coming week! That would be awesome! We'll all have a party down here, eh??

-------------

Posted By: ColorMePanda
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:15pm
Hi I have a quick question for those that submitted an OWP with their application.

Do I need to provide "two" extension forms in with the application. One filled out for the OWP and the other as a standard extension request. Or do I submit one.

I just want to make sure I have implied status when mine is sent off.

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Posted By: wordstar_28
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:46pm
hi carmenuta! congrats!!! when did you get decision made? is that owp?

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 7:48pm
Just the one for the work permit. That automatically gives an extension to stay :)

-------------
INLAND

Posted By: ColorMePanda
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2010 at 9:36pm
So that will give me 6 or so months of implied status until they give me the work permit, correct?
Also how did you include it with your application and what did you write on the reason for extension on the permit?

Thanks for all your help. Just trying to get everything together before the end of June since that is when we hope to send it off.

-------------
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 1:10am

Hi, Max101. Thank you and yes, letters are on their way over here! How's it going with you?

Great news!!! I'm happy for you. :-))
I still have no call. Every phone ringing I hope is immigration, although I know it's bit early.
Keep us posted if you get a call.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:14am

after more than six months waiting, finally:

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.
We sent you a letter on March 17, 2010 to XXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

my husband and I are going out for dinner tonight Tongue~

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:12am
Wonderful! Yaaahaayy!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 2:15pm
I finally managed to talk to a call agent and she said that I'm getting my PR and the file has been transferred to CIC Scarborough. But she also said it takes up to 3 months Scarborough to contact me! That's not fair, so close and yet so far! :-)
Does anybody has experience with the CIC Scarborough?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:04pm

We sent you a letter on March 17, 2010 to XXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

See?  Didn't I tell you it would all work out?  Smile  Congrats!

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:07pm

I finally managed to talk to a call agent and she said that I'm getting my PR and the file has been transferred to CIC Scarborough. But she also said it takes up to 3 months Scarborough to contact me! That's not fair, so close and yet so far! :-)
There's a whole thread on it:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29&title=cic-scarborough - http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29&title=cic-scarborough

Unfortunately it comes with an angry face, but maybe you'll have a better experience.

-------------
****INLAND****

Posted By: rdanny
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:33pm
Hi there,

my spouse and I sent in our application on Sept. 14th '09 and according to Canada Posts tracking information, CIC received it a day after. I have tried to check the status several times using the IMM 5401 receipt number, but I always receive a message saying that no information can be found. Today I tried to reach the call center for the first time, but all of their lines are busy, so I didn't get to talk to anyone.

I noticed that the 'Processing Applications Received Up To' date has changed to Sep. 13th, so I guess the next time the date changes I should be within their time frame. Now the current processing time is 6 months. Does that mean that it takes 6 months on average from the day the received my application or will it take 6 months from the day they start processing it?

Also, when we sent in the application I was still waiting on police certificates from Germany and from the U.S. I attached a cover letter stating that I would send them in as soon as I receive them. I never sent them, since I don't have a Client ID number. I guess they would get in touch with me via phone or mail if they need them, correct?

I appreciate your help,

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by rdanny rdanny wrote:

Hi there,

my spouse and I sent in our application on Sept. 14th '09 and according to Canada Posts tracking information, CIC received it a day after. I have tried to check the status several times using the IMM 5401 receipt number, but I always receive a message saying that no information can be found. Today I tried to reach the call center for the first time, but all of their lines are busy, so I didn't get to talk to anyone.

I noticed that the 'Processing Applications Received Up To' date has changed to Sep. 13th, so I guess the next time the date changes I should be within their time frame. Now the current processing time is 6 months. Does that mean that it takes 6 months on average from the day the received my application or will it take 6 months from the day they start processing it?

Also, when we sent in the application I was still waiting on police certificates from Germany and from the U.S. I attached a cover letter stating that I would send them in as soon as I receive them. I never sent them, since I don't have a Client ID number. I guess they would get in touch with me via phone or mail if they need them, correct?

I appreciate your help,
First, if you have a visitor record, maybe even a work permit, your client ID is written on that.  It will be the same number they use for your PR.  Try logging in with that.  To contact the call center, its best to try later in the week (Thurs or Friday) and try calling right when they open at 8.

6 months from the time they receive your app.  If you sent yours in Sept, you should be hearing from them soon, if you had AIP, because they are going through your applicant pool now.

They should contact you when they need them.  You could try contacting the call center to see how to match them up with your app, but I would just wait until you receive specific instructions from them as to how to send them in.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:43pm
Thanks for your fast reply, I appreciate your help. So in other words we are a lot closer than we thought. I positively do not have a client ID and I can't get through to a call center agent. I will try calling them again tomorrow. I'll post again once I have an update.

Posted By: rabbitcl
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 5:44pm
rdanny, I would recommeded you to phone them and get your client ID if you don't have one yet and send off your police certificate. I got my AIP in late Decemeber 2009 and then they got my police certificate in february 2010 and took a few more weeks to finalize my application. So if you already got your police certificate, I would think you should send it to them to avoid any delay in the finalization of the file. You may still get AIP anyway, but if you have sent them everything upfront, it sure will help in the final process. Good luck and I phoned them today as well, took me like 2 hours to get through, but it is worth it:)

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 6:37pm

Thanks for your fast reply, I appreciate your help. So in other words we are a lot closer than we thought. I positively do not have a client ID and I can't get through to a call center agent. I will try calling them again tomorrow. I'll post again once I have an update.
Again, I would recommend calling them early tomorrow.  I called them once like 8 am sharp and I was only on hold for like 10 minutes.  Given that it is Friday tomorrow should help you as well.  When you do get through, make sure you ask about sending in the certificates before you just send them off.  You will want to make sure that they get to the right place and get matched up correctly with your app.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 6:44pm
Good news! Cool I persistently tried to call CIC and at 3:59, one minute before they close, I was put on hold and 20 minutes later I talked to a very friendly lady. She checked my information and came back saying, "I've got good news for you". Apparently my application was approved two days ago and a letter was sent out yesterday incl. an open work permit. I also got my client ID, so now I can see that they actually started working on my application in October.

I am so happy. Until two hours ago I was actually thinking that we were still about 6 months away.

Thanks everyone, I hope to receive the package tomorrow or Monday. Does anybody know what the open work permit look like? Can I just take it and apply for a SIN or do I have to send in my passport so that they can stamp it in?

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:00pm
Congrats to rdanny as well!!!! That's such good news! Your work permit is a piece of paper with your name, birthday, nationality, client ID etc on it. You can take it to Service Canada with your passport and they should give you a SIN number for temporary residents. When you land as PR you'll have to make another trip there to get your permanent SIN with your landing paper. Enjoy!Thumbs Up

-------------
Fanadian

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:01pm

Good news! Cool I persistently tried to call CIC and at 3:59, one minute before they close, I was put on hold and 20 minutes later I talked to a very friendly lady. She checked my information and came back saying, "I've got good news for you". Apparently my application was approved two days ago and a letter was sent out yesterday incl. an open work permit. I also got my client ID, so now I can see that they actually started working on my application in October.

I am so happy. Until two hours ago I was actually thinking that we were still about 6 months away.

Thanks everyone, I hope to receive the package tomorrow or Monday. Does anybody know what the open work permit look like? Can I just take it and apply for a SIN or do I have to send in my passport so that they can stamp it in?
Congrats! I had a feeling everything would work out for you.

-------------
****INLAND****

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 7:03pm
the open work permit is a piece of paper with all the information on it.  You can bring your open work permit with you and apply for a SIN, I did bring my passport with me in case if they need me to prove my identity, but they never asked for my passport when I applied my SIN.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:05pm

See?  Didn't I tell you it would all work out?  Smile  Congrats!
Thank you~Embarrassed~~

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:25am
Thanks everyone; you cannot imagine how glad I am that I finally got some news. 6 months can be a long time, specially during the cold winter up here (moved from Florida to Calgary :-) I will go to Service Canada as soon as I have received my papers and will let you know how it went.

I hope that everyone else on this forum who applied during the months of August / September will get some good news in the near future as well.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:26am
I am in Calgary as well rdanny:)

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:30am
Nice rabbitcl,

how do you like it so far? You moved from Hong Kong I assume?

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:39am

I think I can survive here hehe!:) except for the really really cold days!! things are fine here really, just miss my family and friends from Hong Kong a lot! How about you?

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 12:51pm
There are a lot of things I miss as well. The biggest difference I see is that people here spend so much time inside; I am used to the outdoors :)

Canada Post just delivered the mail and nothing from CIC, so I will have to wait until Monday, since there's no mail delivery on Saturdays... can't wait :-)

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:04pm

There's a whole thread on it:

http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29&title=cic-scarborough - http://www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29&title=cic-scarborough

Unfortunately it comes with an angry face, but maybe you'll have a better experience.

Blue Dragon, thanks for the link and as you said it's not very optimistic. I'm getting more nervous by only reading it. So I think I'll just do what I did so far- wait! LOL and rely on my husbands attitude. I said it would be over in 2 years and he said- 6 months. He was right! I think I'll go with his optimism. :-))

Congrats to everyone that got any good news! The Immigration got more efficient or that's only my opinion?

-------------

Print Page | Close Window