Forum Description:
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=460
Printed Date: 02 Jul 2024 at 7:16am

Topic: Multiple Visa in one year
Posted By: Liyan
Subject: Multiple Visa in one year
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:06am
Hi,
My mom stays in Canada with one-year multiple entry visa as a temporary visitor, but she got 6 month stay stamp when she went through the customs.  I am planning to take her to an European trip by the end of the 6 month stay, and I will take her back with me to Canada. Does her multiple entry visa mean she will not need to apply visa to re-enter Canada after the European trip? By the way, I am sponsoring my mom to immigrate to Canada, and her application of PR is in process.

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:41pm
Hi

Originally posted by Liyan Liyan wrote:

Hi,
My mom stays in Canada with one-year multiple entry visa as a temporary visitor, but she got 6 month stay stamp when she went through the customs.  I am planning to take her to an European trip by the end of the 6 month stay, and I will take her back with me to Canada. Does her multiple entry visa mean she will not need to apply visa to re-enter Canada after the European trip? By the way, I am sponsoring my mom to immigrate to Canada, and her application of PR is in process.

As long as her TRV is still valid, then she doesn't require a new TRV.

-------------
PMM

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:41pm

Hi,

No, she does not have to apply for a new visa for as long as her multiple entry visa is still valid when you re-enter Canada from your European trip.

Posted By: Liyan
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:02am
Hi All,
Thank you all for the replies, but I still have another question. If my mom hasn't left Canada until the expiry date is reached, what can she do at that point?

Posted By: job_seeker
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:36am

Hi All,
Thank you all for the replies, but I still have another question. If my mom hasn't left Canada until the expiry date is reached, what can she do at that point?

She can apply to extend her stay before her allowed visit expires because even if she has a multiple entry visa the length she is allowed to stay in Canada is determined at the port of entry. If no other date is written except her date of arrival then she is allowed to stay for 6 months.

Posted By: rbenoit
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 2:26pm
One year, multiple entry visa simply means she can leave and enter Canada as often as she likes for a 1 year period. However the length of time she can stay in Canada during each visit is limited and is determined by the border guards at the piont of entry. 

Print Page | Close Window