Print Page | Close Window

Mississauga Thread

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18
Printed Date: 01 Jul 2024 at 5:09am

Topic: Mississauga Thread
Posted By: ecs
Subject: Mississauga Thread
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 11:34am
Thread for all Mississauga Applicants. Hopefully there will be no shoe ads on this forum now. Dang!

Original Thread is here.
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49729

ecs.

Replies:
Posted By: Lina_Mississauga
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:03pm
Very sweet! However where are the old discussions and time lines. I would feel sorry if we lost them.

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2009 at 8:30pm
Lina, I made some changes to my initial post with the link to the other one. Lets keep this thread active with worthy discussions.

Hope you all who were on the previous forum will make it to this one.

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay
Resent:12Jun
Spon Appvd:03Sep
AOR(Buffalo):14Sep
PPR Request:23Nov
Landed:25Nov

Posted By: canadaturk
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 8:19am
I had to re-register.
For Premaman:
I applied via kolbe on Mar 3, 2009. Now almost 9 months and not even an acknowledgement letter. call center does not even have me in the system.

Date Posted: 30 Nov 2009 at 9:19pm
Lina Mississauga or anyone with thoughts on this:
Today I called the call center again and still nothing and was given this suggestion and it is the 2nd time:
Send another application and mail directly to Sydney along with an explanation letter and to request expediting opening of our applications.
I want to consider but what if it is simply put in the back of the line again. And then what about the photos we sent in? Where are they?
I was told if I put URGENT on the envelope they will open and then read the explanation letter.
Any thoughts on this? It is recommendable or not?

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:01am
Thank you ecsfor posting the link.
As for you canadaturk, In fact,I don't know, haven't heard of such problem. However, I believe that, and since you applied via Kolbe, you should check with Kolbe themselves, they should be able to help you. Sorry...

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:20am
Kolbe is absoulutely worthless as far as getting any info. Their position is that we took the test and Mississauga mails the apps to Sydney.
This whole situation is turning out to be less than expected. We took our test on Mar 3, 2009 and we are still not even in the system in Sydney.
There have been two occations where Mississauga has said that Kolbe mails out the apps which is simply not true. Kolbe only administers the class to prepare for the test and helps people complete the application. After that it is Mississauag who mails them. My MP's office called a contact in Mississauga and was told that Kolbe mails the apps. The call centre so far has sent two messages to Mississauga and after the second message a response was received stating that our apps were mailed to Sdyney the day of the test on Mar 3.
If in fact that is true then why after 9 months we are not in the system and nothing can be located?
So you have them telling the MP office they don't mail the apps then they are responding to messages stating they mailed the apps on Mar 3. I have personally sent two faxes to Mississauga and sent a letter of complaint by mail of which I have received no response. Now it is being suggested that we mail new applications along with an explanatory letter. So I don't know what to do. We seem to be kicked from one place to the other all the while just trying to get an answer to a simple question. It is not rocket science--either it was mailed or not and if so when was it mailed.
Anybody had any experience like this???

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:30pm
Canadaturk, just wait although they say they do not jhave the info. Once they start procesing, it will be a much quicker one. Similar thing happened to someone I know from Mississauga who applied to Kolbe.You ill definitely end up having a similar timeline like others. OThers have to wait after the file is transferred and after the test but yours, you wont have to...Anyways...good luck.

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:31pm
Lesson for all,"screw kolbe!"

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 1:13am
Canadian Immigration is the first name of "Waiting n Waitings"

When you apply you have to wait for 7 years to get first response for updation documents then 5 months for provisional approval then 6 motnhs for Medicals then 6 - 8 months for visa. Now, after arrival and after spending 3 years immigrant have to wait for passport/citizenship for 1-2 years.

When one apply in young age in 30 years and get passport in 40 years with tears. 

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 10:48pm
Yeah you better mail in a new application, alongwith the letter of explanation.

There is no way Kolbe would mail it on SAME day as test was done. Never.
I would say add 2 months to that date and then check it.

I don't even know why a private group Kolbe has authority to do the testing anyways, it should only be with CIC.

People who go through kolbe end up waiting more than normal applicants.
At least normal applicants have a tracking number for application reaching CPC Sydney.

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:48am
Mississauga2(from the old forum),
Are you on this forum as well?

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay

Posted By: mississauga2
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 8:30am
Yes, I am reading. Can not resist. From a senior member to post 1.
Originally posted by ecs ecs wrote:

Mississauga2(from the old forum),
Are you on this forum as well?

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:45am
Cavis2006:
Update our applications were finally opened Dec 2 and the acknowledgement letter has been mailed.
First of all Kolbe does not administer the test or mail applications. Both of these are done by CIC-Mississauga.
I am now wondering now when it might start processing. The time line on the CIC website is very confusing as all of the time line shows from the time a application is received. Now I know Sydney received our applications before Dec 2. Is the acknowledgement letter going to say when the application was actually received?

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:52am
Nice to see you Mississauga2....My usrname earlier was Vipramah....Anyways...forum isn;t as interesting as what it used to be about 6 months ago..Or so I think...

WHats your update?

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 12:42am
Congratulations CANADATURK welcome to the long time process, we're looking forword to see you file transferred to the Messy Mississauga office.
Welcome back MISSISSAUGA 2 . VIPRAMAH why did you change your nick? Anyways good to know you're here.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:27am
To Lina Mississauga:
Yeah I know it is very messy. I talked to my MPP office here in Mississaga getting the MP's mixed up thinking I might have a better one than I had been working with for Mississaga East-Cooksville. But it was my provincial MPP office. Anyway I told the assistant my next call was going to be to the newspaper if I did not get any answers and then low and behold the file got opened. Coincidence? Hopefully so. I will wait the 16 months and then if I don't have an appointment for the oath I will be calling again and then I will call the newspaper. If an application is in fact routine it should not be taking longer than this. These waiting times are crazy and it looks like alot of it is at one particular office--our wonderful Mississauga location.

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:30pm
Vipramah: Nice to see you back here. I lost interest in the forum. My update is still the same, I made few follow up calls, the file is still pending review. I think they will take full 12 months. I have completed exactly six months on December 4th. What about yourself?

Nice to see you Mississauga2....My usrname earlier was Vipramah....Anyways...forum isn;t as interesting as what it used to be about 6 months ago..Or so I think...

WHats your update?

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:50pm
Good for you CANADATURK, I don't think it's coincidence. Anyways oath is all you need. Me too. Good luck!

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:59pm
Mississauga 2 As far as I remember, you are waiting for you're RQ? Right? Did the call center agent tell you whether your file transffered to the judge or not? Is it still being reviewed by an officer? Have you done anything about it other than calling? Thank you...

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 12:14am
Mississauga2,
Yeah I know. Guess your file is collecting dust on someone's desk since June 04...Mine, not sure if you were following my posts but in June I moved to Niagara Falls area and actually took my oath in Oct 2009.

Lina_Mississauga,
yeah, thanks for your comments. I am using my wife's ID ;-) but you know just trying to browse theough the forum a couple of times a day just to help whatever I can...

All the users I know from my days are already done and don't think are on this new forum anymore...Thats why I was asking if mississauga2 was still here.. I know Obhiaba, ksirivolu all have taken their oath and do not think are on this forum any longer...

-------------
Family Class
App Sent-1May09
CPC-M Returned - 28thMay

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:05pm
What??? Since June 2004? Mississauga2 please I only wish for you to let me know what did the call center tell you. Was it transferred to the judge or not yet. I believe that when the file transfrred to the judge it shouldn't take more than 60 days, or mostly less.

Date Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 10:55pm
Lina, Yes I am waiting for their decision after sending RQ. I spoke with the cic agent yesterday and hear the same old Raga that when some one receives RQ the application gets non-routine case and put a side without any timeline on the processing. My file was assigned to an officer and not to the judge. I have lost interest and will not follow up with CIC as they are totally useless people. Now that the holiday season coming, CIC employees as all government employees will stop working. They are in their holiday planning mood, the chats have already started. When they come back from holidays, again they will discuss each others holiday experience. That's what happen last year. Mississauga office used to be a fast processing centre but December 2008 was a dark month for them, the files pilling up and it went out of control. I am affraid again month of December will put our files furhter under the mud and dirt.

Originally posted by Lina_Mississauga Lina_Mississauga wrote:

Mississauga 2 As far as I remember, you are waiting for you're RQ? Right? Did the call center agent tell you whether your file transffered to the judge or not? Is it still being reviewed by an officer? Have you done anything about it other than calling? Thank you...

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 12:13am
mississauga2,
Did you say, same old raga?? You got to be a desi...:-)
Just bringing a little lighter moment...enjoy.

ecs

Originally posted by mississauga2 mississauga2 wrote:

Lina, Yes I am waiting for their decision after sending RQ. I spoke with the cic agent yesterday and hear the same old Raga that when some one receives RQ the application gets non-routine case and put a side without any timeline on the processing. My file was assigned to an officer and not to the judge. I have lost interest and will not follow up with CIC as they are totally useless people. Now that the holiday season coming, CIC employees as all government employees will stop working. They are in their holiday planning mood, the chats have already started. When they come back from holidays, again they will discuss each others holiday experience. That's what happen last year. Mississauga office used to be a fast processing centre but December 2008 was a dark month for them, the files pilling up and it went out of control. I am affraid again month of December will put our files furhter under the mud and dirt.

Posted By: rambo44
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 2:00am
I remember in 2005 it took an old couple 2 years to get citizenship , no RQ nothing just waiting , so i dont think Mississauga has been a " fast office "

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 10:22pm
Yes that's true RAMBO44, however year 2008 was pretty fast for all with about 8-12 months or 6 months for many people I know here in Mississauga and Northyork. In 2008, London Ontario was even faster, breaking the lowest records with 4 months for a family I know.

Date Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 11:28pm
Yes Man I am desi for sure. I am not sure why I got RQ, I have been working for a financial institution for 26 years, it's the largest financial instution on the earth. You would know which company I am talking about. I moved to Canada and got transferred in the same organization. I did not lose my passport, did not hide any trip and did not cheat with CIC, full time employement, it's not a micky mouse company. My wife and children are Canadian Citizens. 

During my initial iterview with the officer at the time of citizenship test,  A white lady officer was listening my converation with the male officer, she then wispered in  officer's ear, officer said yes I will let me make a ground. Next thing I know that I was carrying stupid RQ form in my hand.

mississauga2,
Did you say, same old raga?? You got to be a desi...:-)
Just bringing a little lighter moment...enjoy.

ecs

Originally posted by mississauga2 mississauga2 wrote:

Date Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 10:19pm
For the first time Mississauga office publishes the ceremony schedule that early! They published the schedule of January 2010, in which about 1000 will be Canadian.

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:16am
Lina_Mississauga
Where did you get this schedule?

Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:08pm
CANADATURK JUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
1- http://www.cic.gc.ca
2- Celebrate Citizenship ( on the left column)
3- Special Events
4- city Mississauga / date January (the third search at the bottom))

I tried to post the direct link to the schedule but it didn't work.

Posted By: sendi-mississauga
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:50pm
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but I found the old mississauga thread and I read all 63 pagesBig smile
Many of the "old " people semm to be disappeared, i guess everybody had their tests and ceremonies.
It's not case with me unfortunately.
Does someone have any new timeline for mississauga?

Posted By: surnj1
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 7:19pm
Check this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/specialev/english/search_recherche.cfm

Posted By: rotof
Date Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 8:36pm
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Lina_Mississauga ( In the old forum)
"if I didn't receive a respond from them by 15th of Dec I can even go higher for the unjustified RQ, and a separate investigation could be carried on why I received that RQ,"

Hey Lina

Watz going on with you............................. any progress?Wink

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:19pm
ROTOF I won't tell unless successful... up till now it's nothing rotof, so....My argument based on strong undoubtable documents, the delay is unjustified but I'm waiting, that's all I can say for now.

Date Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 6:39pm
Lina you'll get it, just a matter of time.
It's good you don't need to see the judge!

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 5:35pm
Thank you Canvis2006. As per CIC call center that it's the oath and nothing else and I'm waiting only for their correspondence as they told me! I believe that it shouldn't stay with the judge more than 60 days... Am I right or wrong?

Posted By: premaman3
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 6:41pm
Yes Lina, By the law the judge should decide ,not more than 60 days from the date it is transferred to him/her.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:03pm
Good! I believe it's almost 60 days since I first knew the file got in there... Hope I'm close to something premaman3. It's such a headache.

Posted By: elixir
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:49pm
Hi all,
Are there any March 09 applicants out here ??
Here is my time line so far

Applied on 16th March 09
Application in Process 27th October 09

Still in process
Waiting for the test book.

Please share your timeline...

Thanks.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 8:04pm
Lina...It is 60 days from the date the judge receives the file  from the CIC officer,So hope the employee who works on it will forword it  sooner.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 8:30pm
hi
I just received my test letter for test on 20 Jan 2010 ,why they sent a notice with it. Wondering if it is a normal procedure or specific to me, has anyone received this kind of notice, it basically says , This notice concerns your Citizenship application and what you should bring to the test. The test letter has check marks on the things to bring , why then the notice?Confused
Anyone can put some light on it.....

Posted By: cellnet
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 11:31pm
its normal to have that i recently wrote the test i got the noticed as well it reminds u to bring these docs every one gets it

Posted By: galen
Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 4:39pm
Hello ,
I am new to this forum. Any one wrote his exam early December and received any communication for CIC mississauga?

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by premaman3 premaman3 wrote:

Lina...It is 60 days from the date the judge receives the file  from the CIC officer,So hope the employee who works on it will forword it  sooner.

It was already forwarded premaman3. That was in the beginning of last November. Hope everything is OK as per call center.

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 6:17pm
So If this is the case Lina ,You will receive something maximum by the first week of January.

Posted By: calgary2010
Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:53am
I need some advise on what to do or expect, my PR visa was issued on my old passport that have expired/cancelled n lost. but I got stamped on depature/arrival as a Landed Immigrant on my current passport and I have never travel out of the country since I got Landed in 05. what do u guys think? need advise pls? will the lost passport be of any concerns?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 4:55pm
Any one wrote his exam early december and received and communication form mississauga CIC?

any recent feedback from mississauga.

Line_mississauga, after the test what should i wait for RQ or OAth. what is my chances to get RQ?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by galen galen wrote:

Any one wrote his exam early december and received and communication form mississauga CIC?

any recent feedback from mississauga.

Line_mississauga, after the test what should i wait for RQ or OAth. what is my chances to get RQ?

Dear galen          RQ , if after the test, mostly within two weeks. RQ is meant for people with absence from Canada, so CIC questions their residency. For me I strongly believe it was a mistake, cause there was no absence, and my expired PP is not stamped canceled which means I have no other one. So my case is not a standard.
Things I would like to mention, might be a benefit for others:
1-A week after my test, which was in July, the call center told me that I should expect the oath no less than October.
2-Days later I received the RQ.

3- A week after submitting the RQ I called again they told me that my case is scheduled to be finalized within six months from the date of the test!
4- And here we go RQ or no RQ six months means six months! I can't overcome the feeling that my case was delayed on purpose.

Now it's my question, can any one submit a written or verbal letter to CIC claiming that a citizenship applicant was absent from Canada in order to affect his application negatively? Does any one think that this is possible?

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:11pm
Posted:  By Lina_Mississauga
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now it's my question, can any one submit a written or verbal letter to CIC claiming that a citizenship applicant was absent from Canada in order to affect his application negatively? Does any one think that this is possible?"
--------------------------------------
hey lina , what would make you think like this? u going nuts or what?
I understand its lot of frustration with RQ , but don't think in negative terms, Do u think its possible. To get hold of CIC is a pain, u very well know that and u think they will take info from other people on someone else application.
Take is easy man.....U will get yr oath soon, good luck.

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by rotof rotof wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Now it's my question, can any one submit a written or verbal letter to
CIC claiming that a citizenship applicant was absent from Canada in
order to affect his application negatively? Does any one think that
this is possible?"
--------------------------------------hey lina , what would make you think like this? u going nuts or what?I understand its lot of frustration with RQ , but don't think in negative terms, Do u think its possible. To get hold of CIC is a pain, u very well know that and u think they will take info from other people on someone else application.Take is easy man.....U will get yr oath soon, good luck.
But still, It's possible...Is it or not?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 5:56am
Lina, It is highly possible. CIC and CBSA have department which receives such complaints and they do take action without even checking with the applicant. They have means of doing an investigation. A friend of mine is going thru such an issue. The best thing is to get your FOSS and GCMS notes. If you get them in full, thats means  nothing is negative in your file. If you get a partial file/record/printout, then it means that CIC are not releasing full information, in such situation they will also let you know that full fine is not sent. CIC need approval from their privacy manager in Ottawa to send such informtion to the client (which is highly unlikely). My friend was not given full file. My suggestion is to get the printout instead of full file. I sent them a fax request and got my records(just to make sure). CIC normally take week or 10 days to come back. Good Luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Now it's my question, can any one submit a written or verbal letter to
CIC claiming that a citizenship applicant was absent from Canada in
order to affect his application negatively? Does any one think that
this is possible?"
--------------------------------------hey lina , what would make you think like this? u going nuts or what?I understand its lot of frustration with RQ , but don't think in negative terms, Do u think its possible. To get hold of CIC is a pain, u very well know that and u think they will take info from other people on someone else application.Take is easy man.....U will get yr oath soon, good luck.
But still, It's possible...Is it or not?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 9:44am
Lina....yes it is possible and already happened,I know a friend had an interview with the judge,and the judge himself told him that a complain has been received from someone ,informing CIC that this person did not live in Canada . Anyway ,CIC do not take these information as true,but they launch a special invistigation and most likely they apply the whole process as per the book,which will be RQ,Interview...etc

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 10:06am

I
don't agree with mississauga2 and premaman3.
As long as you are Legit with your application , there is nothing to worry about. I wouldn't even think of something like this happening. Well that's my view.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 6:37pm

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">I don't <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">agree with <span id="userPro8562" title="View Drop Down">mississauga2</span><span style="font-size: 10px;"> and </span><span id="userPro8598" title="View Drop Down"><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">premaman3.As long as you are Legit with your application , there is nothing to worry about. I wouldn't even think of something like this happening. Well that's my view.</span>

No worries Rotof, I was just asking a question. My case went the whole time in a timely manner until I took the test, it's so strange. I can understand that there is something went wrong with me during the interview with the officer if he asked a question I failed to answer. I was sitting down and watching, all the interviews took much more time the mine. My interview was so short with few minor questions!!!

And thank you Mississauga 2 and Premaman3 for the information. It is in fact possible...

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 8:31pm
Lina what questions did the officer ask you?

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by canvis2006 canvis2006 wrote:

Lina what questions did the officer ask you?

Canvis2006 I talked about it in details in the old forum... check my old posts ...

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 8:59am
Hi rotof

Could you please tell me when your file was transferred to the Mississauga office according
to E-cas?
I just want to know how long after you got the letter for the test.
My case has been going on on forever.
Applied Oct. 6, 2008
Got the book in February
They requested more info in May (changed my last name, actually I took on my husbands last name)
My file got transferred to Mississauga December 12, 2009.
But physically it has been there since July 13, but they never updated my file just until recently.
Please let me know!
Thanks.

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 5:07pm

Qoute

By sendi-mississauga
Hi rotof

Could you please tell me when your file was transferred to the Mississauga office according
to E-cas?
I just want to know how long after you got the letter for the test.
My case has been going on on forever.
Applied Oct. 6, 2008
Got the book in February
They requested more info in May (changed my last name, actually I took on my husbands last name)
My file got transferred to Mississauga December 12, 2009.
But physically it has been there since July 13, but they never updated my file just until recently.
Please let me know!
Thanks.
________________________________________________________________________________
hey sendi-mississauga

This is my time line, Process talking too long and don't have and end point as of now.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 20, 2008.
We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book  on November 20, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We started processing your application on May 20, 2009.
Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on October 20, 2009.
We sent you a notice on December 15, 2009 XXXXXX to appear and write the citizenship test on January 20, 2010

Lets see, said the blind man........................Wink

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 9:48pm
Hi rotof,

thanks for the quick response!
Basically it took about two months after transfer for them to invite you for the test.
That's not so bad, some people waited 8 months after transfer!
Good luck on the test, let us know how it went after you're done!
Thanks again!!!

Posted By: EMMABOBO
Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:18pm

Hi,friend,my case is similar to yours,but i got through the written exam on 11 Dec this year.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 6, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/look/index.asp - A Look at Canada on October 6, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 30, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on October 7, 2009. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required.

We sent you a notice on November 30, 2009 to XXX Toronto, Ontario, Canada, to appear and write the citizenship test on December 11, 2009 at 1:00 PM.

I hope this infos can help u.:) Good luck!

Date Posted: 22 Dec 2009 at 10:26pm
EMMABOBO, how was your test can you please share you experience with the immigration officer

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:25pm

I still don't understand. My letter does not look anything like the standard letter. I am part of Kolbe but here is the letter dated Dec 2, 2009:

Subject: APPLICATION (S) FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

This is to acknowledge receipt of 1 adult application for Canadian citizenship.
The application and documents will now be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is required.
It wil take approximately 12-15 months from the date of the of this letter to complete your application(s). This is the routine processing time. Some applications may take longer.

I know this is Kolbe but I just don't understand. I know it does not take that long to "receive" the application. I took the test on Mar 3, 2009 and even if I allow 3 months of wasted time for it sitting in Mississauga Sydney should have received it in June so I just can't figure out where this is coming from. They got it before December! And this letter is giving 12-15 months from Dec 09. This crazy system makes no sense!

Date Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:43pm
Sorry dude but Kolbe sh*t sucks.....Hopefully you dont need to go through this long...

Date Posted: 26 Dec 2009 at 12:46am
Hi,galen,i would like to share my experence with you. About wrriten test,it's very simple,20 multiple-choice questions,u can refer to <A look at Canada>.i think that no one cannot pass the exam,so don't  worry about that. As for the interview,u have to make preparations in advance, some questions like:

Do you have any criminal record in immigration service or the police station?
What did you do since you arrived?
R u student? which university?(u should show ur student card)?What subjects are you studying?...
R u working now? Pls leave ur office's address and ur telephone number at work...
Have u been away from Canada?How many times?What reason?(The officer spread all the papers out on it and checked sheet after sheet...)
It took about 30minutes...

Posted By: miss.mississauga
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2010 at 8:04pm
Mississauga seems to be the slowest at this point.

-------------
“An eye for an eye would make the whole world blind.”

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2010 at 8:58pm
Yes Mississauga is such a lazy bunch. Called the call center today and was assured 100% my file is in processing but e-cas still shows only received. When asked when it will be updated as usual the person has no clue whatsoever

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:38pm
EMMABOBO,

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU RECEIVE THE LETTER FOR THE OATH.
THEN WE'LL KNOW APPROX. HOW LONG AFTER THE TEST THEY INVITE YOU TO TAKE THE OATH!
HOPEFULLY THEY WILL SPEED UP A LITTLE BIT, BECAUSE LAST YEAR WAS CATASTROPHIC FOR MISSISSAUGA APPLICANTS!Confused
THANKS.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 2:53pm
sendi-mississauga ,

Sure I will!  I understand you.

I took a test on 11 Dec 2009 , haven't heard anything yet !Does anyone took test about same time ?

Speed up!
Speed up!
Speed up!
Speed up!
Speed up!
Speed up!

Posted By: hsin
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:34pm
Hi guys,

I am back with RQ, now it looks everyone with suffer this pain. no idea about what happened.

Posted By: maple
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 12:56pm
How come you got RQ? You know the reason or just random act by CIC?

Posted By: ace_420
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 5:23pm
hey HSIN,

When did u appear in the test? Did u get RQ in the same test day? or later?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 5:25pm

hi EMMABOBO,

I did the test on DEC 7 th.. still no news yet from them..lem me know if u hear anyting..we are in the same boat...

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 6:18pm
No, man. I waited 2 months then e-cas show I need some documents, not get that letter yet

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 6:22pm
I took my test at begin of Nov

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 6:24pm
Hi
are you the hsin from old forum? You took test in nov 2009?

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:25pm

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Hi asin, I feel bad for you ,

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - This is ridicules, after two months RQ, Why wouldn’t they give this during or just after the test.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - I was looking @ his threads from old forum, would like to share you guys.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Sharing this post of asin is just to understand the way CIC behaves from the perspective of a applicant. This post is to understand that the applicant was damn sure that he is fine and will proceed to next step. There was minimal checking done during test and still an RQ has been given.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - I truly feel bad for asin , but its not the end , only that its time consuming and more documents needs to be provided for further process.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - posted by hsin

- Posted - October 13 2009 :  12:22:58
everyone, finally, e-cas changed:
We sent you a notice on October 7, 2009 to XXXXX, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada to appear and write the citizenship test on November 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Now I need check mailbox everyday.

Goo luck, Guys, you will get what you need very soon.

- Posted - November 04 2009 :  11:28:06

OK, Man.
First they need u hand in the first page of test letter, a lady will find ur profile and let you wait for the judge.
Next step, u will call by one of the judge randomly, he/she will ask ur questions about family, trip and work, then check ur passport, to my surprise, she just check my first passport, not even take a look of my others ID.
When these is done, she will give u a answer paper and a pencil, then u need go to test room and take test, remember, test begin when all people finish checking. so it takes long time.

- Posted - November 04 2009 :  22:52:52

Yes, but I know some of them are judges. some are just normal officer

Conclusion: file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - Probably he had some sort of an issue, that’s the reason, i see he said  some judge check his application on his test day.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml - well hope this post helps people understand that , a normal test day doesn't mean nothing, u could be in for a surprise.

file:///C:%5CUsers%5Cs%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml -

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:29pm
Hi man, it's me, so, a bad news

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:38pm

Hey
Things will be ok as long as u completed the mandatory stay period, but its just that you need to submit more papers to prove your point, it consumes time. It’s not the end of the process so, I guess u got to just face it and continue with your normal lifestyle.

Good Luck

Posted By: justified
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:26pm
its also consumes paper. my old phone provider even billed me for sending the home phone bills

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 5:49pm
Hi,ace_420 ,

Ok, we will each share in our naturalization experience...Good luck for us.

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 6:47pm

Justified You are right.

It consumes Time, Money, Paper, Frustration and all other things that come with it. Well what else can u do? You just have to live with it.

But overall its only a few people who go this RQ thing, Most of them get their citizenship without RQ.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 9:37am
Yes, good luck to everyone!

Posted By: pinjra
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2010 at 7:45am
Took the test on December 18, 2009....
Nothing new yet
I was a regular applicant (no kolbe etc)

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2010 at 6:28pm
Hello EMMABOBO:

Have you gotten an Oath Ceremony date yet after you appeared for the exam on Dec 11 in Mississauga?

Thank you,

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm
Hi, Pinjra,

Not yet.

I'm still waiting for a note of oath ceremony.... :( 

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 6:37pm
Thank you emmbobo.

During the test, we were told that we should get
a notice in 5 weeks after the test date.... Hope that's
true.
Please let me know when you get a letter or
your ecas is updated.

Thanks again.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:27pm
Hi Emmabobo and pinjra,

We all are in the same boat..since all we took the test in DEC Second week and local office is Mississauga...we were told in the test day we should get an oath notice within second week of FEB..Anyways keeping our fingers crossed and let see when the luck favours...btw i got the impression from the forum that they call for oath by last name..is it true??

Posted By: mod
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:13am
good luck to everyone

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:17am
Hi ace_420, thanks for sharing the info....I am not sure about your question regarding the last name being called for the oath. I am sure quite a few ppl have similar last names so that may not work:-)

Any one else in this forum got their letter for taking the oath who took the test recently in Mississauga?

thank you,

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:31pm
Hello everyone,

just some good news (unfortunately not about me :-0 )

I have a friend, she had her test on November 18, 2009 in Mississauga
and she already was called for her oath for last Friday, which was the 15th of January.
Oh, and she got the letter for the oath 4 days before oath only!!!!
Anyway, it seems like things started moving in Mississauga!
Yey!!!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:06pm
Sendi-Mississauga, thank you for sharing your friends timeline. I checked the CIC events page and Mississuaga does have oath ceremonies scheduled throughout Jan and Feb.

Thanks again!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:47pm
Hi Pinjra,

can u please give me the link of the oath schedule for FEB for Mississauga Office?

Thanks.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 10:52pm

You are welcome,Pinjra.

ace_420,sorry,i have no idea about your question.

pinjra,ace_420,sendi-mississauga......I think we can get the oath notice soon,maybe in the beginning of Feburary. Cheers!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:34am
Hi ace_420,

here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/specialev/english/search_recherche.cfm

if the above link does not work, goto:

CIC website - Celebrate Citizenship (in the left column). - Special Events

you can then search by city to see all the oath ceremonies scheduled.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:20pm

Hi Pinjra,

Yeah i just seached by Mississauga and FEB it gives me nothing,i tried other cities for example Toronto,Scarborough, same result its not posted for FEB yet.Just wondering how u got FEB schedule??

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:42pm
Hi Pinjra,

Never ming.It just posted right now..Even though 5 mins earlier it was not there!!..Record 1435 ppl will take oath in the month of FEB in Mississauga !! Highest ever seen since i follow the CIC website...

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:58pm
Sorry for typo.. ming=Mind...

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:09pm
So There will be 1500 people giving the Oath in Feb. ,I am sure allot of you guys will get there ceremony invitation soon. Usually when they have this much of people in one month ,they plan to cleare most of there inventory and binding files....so it Mississauga CIC Boxing day sale.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 3:18pm
Tongue

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:15pm
Yes seems promising with all the oath ceremonies scheduled for Feb. For me it will be 16 months on Feb 20 since the day they received my app. When I went for my test, the officer who was verifying my documents did say that they are putting in overtime and working weekends to clear the backlog and also get as many ppl tested under the current testing procedure as possible prior to March 15

Print Page | Close Window