Print Page | Close Window

Coming india without PR card

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
Forum Description: Permanent residence for skilled workers. The point system and related issues. Employer sponsorship is not a requirement
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6173
Printed Date: 23 Jun 2024 at 6:12pm

Topic: Coming india without PR card
Posted By: 2004applicant
Subject: Coming india without PR card
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 7:52am

Dear All, I have only 10 days leave sanctioned from my company and I have to return back within that time to fulfill the contract obligation. Definitely within 10days I will not get the PR cards. Please advise me how I and my family can get back to Canada after few months without PR card.

Thanks in advance for all well whishes.

Replies:
Posted By: waitingwaiting
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:04am
Sir, whae did you applied and when was PR issued.?I am also applied in 2004 and still waiting

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:44am

Application 16/01/2004.
Recipt: March 2004.
Update: 08/2008.
Medical06/2010.
Visa stamped:06/2010

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 7:45am
No one has replied to my massage. I think all are seeker no one master.

Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 1:34pm
Hi

Originally posted by 2004applicant 2004applicant wrote:

No one has replied to my massage. I think all are seeker no one master.

1. Either the PR cards are sent to a friends/relatives address in Canada, and they send them to you. Or you if you don't have a Canadian address, then you will all have to apply for Travel Document at New Delhi to return to Canada.

-------------
PMM

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:48am

Thank You, Very Much PMM. I have the Canadian address  but i was concern if due to some reasons one or all cards not received there then what will be the option. But as you told, it is possible to return back with travel document.

Regards,

S.P.Singh

Posted By: guaravsalwan
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 4:53pm
I am also an applicant of March 2004 and updated all my document in 08/2008 but still waiting for the response.

What is the criteria on the basis which the appication is processed as I am also a March 2004 case and still waiting ???

Posted By: can2k9
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 6:11pm
please dont leave canada without pr card. many occasions they require latest photograph clicked in canada, if thie happens then it takes another 6 weeks to get the card. You are allowed to travel without a pr card but then you will have to get a travel document from the canadian embassy or consulate in your native country to travel back to canada, and this cost money.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 9:19am

Do not worry, everyone’s number will come. I my case there was some advantages like I am already working in foreign country on employment visa and was clearly stamped designation in that which was exactly meeting the category I applied word to word. Second when police in this country issued PCC they wrote the status and profession in that. The good credit note/ monthly salary in dollars and having family status. All leads to no background checks and other formalities.

Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 9:21am
Originally posted by can2k9 can2k9 wrote:

please dont leave canada without pr card. many occasions they require latest photograph clicked in canada, if thie happens then it takes another 6 weeks to get the card. You are allowed to travel without a pr card but then you will have to get a travel document from the canadian embassy or consulate in your native country to travel back to canada, and this cost money.
Thankyou very much CAn2K9, the travel document only cost INR 2500 and get issed in five days. Much better to saty there in canada for one month waiting for PR card at a cost of minimum 2000C$. Which one is best please comment.
Regards to all.

Posted By: SP1
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:03am
I think you will have to take a calculated risk. Considering your company is giving you only 10 days to do the landing... do the landing give a canadian address and return to fulfil your employment obligations. If all goes well say 50% chance and your PR cards arrive the same can be couriered back to you in India. If God forbid something goes wrong and they need your new photos etc you will get about 3 months or so to meet that condition. Like I said you may have to take a calculated risk. Good Luck

Posted By: SP1
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:10am

Do not worry, everyone’s number will come. I my case there was some advantages like I am already working in foreign country on employment visa and was clearly stamped designation in that which was exactly meeting the category I applied word to word. Second when police in this country issued PCC they wrote the status and profession in that. The good credit note/ monthly salary in dollars and having family status. All leads to no background checks and other formalities.

U r very lucky mate.... there are others too who meet the same "advantages" ie being in western country etc (however no where on their site it says if you have the above advantages you will get preferential treatment) but have to wait endlessly.....

You have been working in a foreign country so you may know what a queue is and it's sacrosanct status.... yes everyone's number will eventually come but what is most frustrating is the whole process of queue is a sham when it comes to Canada.... it's more like a lottery system and hence you see the frustration of people here.

Posted By: canvis2006
Date Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:22pm

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 9pt; mso-ansi-: EN" lang=EN>Do not worry, everyone’s number will come. I my case there was some advantages like I am already working in foreign country on employment visa and was clearly stamped designation in that which was exactly meeting the category I applied word to word. Second when police in this country issued PCC they wrote the status and profession in that. The good credit note/ monthly salary in dollars and having family status. All leads to no background checks and other formalities.

</SPAN>

All potential immigrants and visitors must pass background and security checks before any visa is issued by Canada. No exceptions.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 7:02am
Thankyou very much to each and every one. Goodluck and well wishes to all who got and who are waiting. May god fullfill everones desire and dreams.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 2:14pm

I landed on 22nd April and everything was easy. Immigration officer done PR application on airport itself. Just asked three questions and said” Welcome to Canada”.

Iam reterning back india on 1st may after appling for SIN and bank account.
Still chilling. The day I landed everyday is raining. Good luck to all other 2004 applicants.
Regards,

Print Page | Close Window