Print Page | Close Window

Proof of PR status with expired card

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Preserving Permanent Residence Status
Forum Description: How long can a permanent resident remain outside of Canada? Commentaries on preserving permanent residence.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21469
Printed Date: 29 Jun 2024 at 2:27am

Topic: Proof of PR status with expired card
Posted By: davidcana
Subject: Proof of PR status with expired card
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm
I'm permanent resident,my card expired last year when i was abroad.Two months ago i applied and was approved for Travel Document and came back in Canada.In airport was thoroughly checked  from immigration officers and again approved to enter Canada. Immediately i applied  to renew my PR card byt processing times now are about 6 months Confused 
How can i proof my PR status to RAMQ, since they didn't accept my old PR card and was told to wait 6 months ,get my new PR cart, and then apply for carte maladie. 

Replies:
Posted By: ski
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 9:12am
I don't know the rules of RAMQ, but there is no obligation for a permanent resident to have a PR card at all.

The original confirmation of permanent residence, entry stamp in the passport with "PR" handwriting instead of the date until you are admitted, the permanent resident travel document, or the SIN card with a regular number, perhaps all should be acceptable proofs that you are a permanent resident.

Posted By: davidcana
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 6:17pm
thx for replay
anyway,went to Montreal Reception desk ,first they told me the same new PR card then health card ,byt after 20min I was told  they will make an exception and my application will be accepted  Smile

Print Page | Close Window