Print Page | Close Window

Interview with the inmigration agent?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Canadian Citizenship
Forum Description: Commentaries outlining important issues in acquiring Canadian citizenship through naturalization
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9483
Printed Date: 04 Jun 2024 at 7:47am

Topic: Interview with the inmigration agent?
Posted By: christy198112
Subject: Interview with the inmigration agent?
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:13am
Interview with the inmigration agent the same day of the test is important?

I just took my test yesterday and I think I failed it because I have 6 wrong questions, and it's 15 question correct to pass, but some people say that the interview after you pass the test is very important in order to receive the Oath letter.

Some says that even if you have all the 20 questions but you don't pass the interview you fail anyways.

But in my case do you think if the interviews go well it might help?

Replies:
Posted By: xero9
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:16am
Out of curiosity, how do you know you got 6 wrong?  I don't know anything about the test process, so I genuinely want to know.  Did you just have a feeling you did poorly, or do they actually give you your score after you complete it?

-------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E - Timeline for 2011 applications

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:38am
I have a feeling because after I went out of the room test I checked all those questions at book.

Posted By: BlackRacon
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:07pm
Hi christy198112,
They handed us after test a paper (So what happens now?) and it stated that:
If you PASSED you will be notified by mail to attend the citizenship ceremony in 1 - 3 months. If you FAILED you will be notified by mail to interview with CJ in 9 - 12 months.

-------------
Racon

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:12pm
Hi,

I didn't receive any paper after the test. And the CIC agent just told me if I pass will have news in 2-3 months. Tell me about that paper, thanks

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:27pm
Hi christy198112,
After we wrote the test in Calgary, the CIC officer handed this document to everyone (So what happens now?). It started with:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Today you wrote the Citizenship test:
  • If you PASS this test, you will be notified by mail to attend a Citizenship ceremony in approximately 1 to 3 months.
  • If you FAIL this test, you will be notified by mail in approximately 9 to 12 months to appear for a hearing with a Citizenship Judge for an oral interview.

-------------
Racon

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm
No, I didn't get that paper...and I didn't see anyone getting that paper here in Montreal.

When did you pass your test, how it was? do you think that interview can help?

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:26pm
Hi christy198112,
I wrote the test on March 16 in Calgary. I did very well. I answered the 20 questions and do not have any concerns. I will try to upload this document (SO what happens now?) here if it is possible.

-------------
Racon

Posted By: XPEH
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:42pm
christy198112,
It depends on the testing centre. When I took my test, they didn't give out any such papers. So unless you took it at the same place as BlackRacon, I won't worry about it. I know some users have called CIC and found out from them whether they passed or failed the test. You may try doing that as well.

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
Still nobody answer my question...

Do you think that the interview at test day is more important or can help if you fail the test?

Posted By: SK
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:13pm
my understanding is if you fail the test , you will have to see the CJ in any case.....no matter how your interview on test day went ....

Posted By: edmonton2011
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:13pm
I have read your thread earlier but I did not want to be the one to tell you a bad news. As far as I know there is no grey area: you either pass the test or not. If you have 6 wrong answers that means you did not pass. I am sorry! Lets hope you overlooked something and you got at least 15 questions right. Good luck!

-------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E - Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13

Posted By: edmonton2011
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by SK SK wrote:

my understanding is if you fail the test , you will have to see the CJ in any case.....no matter how your interview on test day went ....

SK is right. You probably cannot avoid meeting with a CJ. This can add a 1-2 years to your case.

-------------
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E - Timeline spreadsheet

Rec'd: Sep 01, '11
In proc: Jan 24, '12
Test: Apr 25, '13
Oath: Jul 1, '13

Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:18pm

I read that even if you pass the 20 questions but you don't pass the interview with the cic agent you don't have the Oath letter anyways.

Posted By: SK
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:47pm
christy,
Interview during the test is not something you have to pass.....that interview is more of a verification process of your language ability and the data you have declared in your application....as long as everything matches up and you meet the criterion there is no question for passing or failing....having said that there are few and very few cases which are taken out for additional random scrutiny....

So point one- Interview passing and failing is not a question .....and it is not binary situation...

Point two- Test failing or passing is a binary situation....as mentioned earlier if you fail...and all other factors in your application are accepted by CIC .....they may either reschedule you for another test(i have heard a few) or most likely refer you to a CJ interview ......which may take a while....

to get an oath letter you need to clear the test (binary outcome) and satisfy the agent about your records declared.......these are mutually exclusive events and one cannot compensate for the other...

Print Page | Close Window