Print Page | Close Window

Relevant Experience - will I get rejected?

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Business / Investor Immigration
Forum Description: Three programs offering permanent residence for persons with successful managerial experience and varying thresholds of personal net worth.
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3410
Printed Date: 27 Jun 2024 at 6:38pm

Topic: Relevant Experience - will I get rejected?
Posted By: Coach
Subject: Relevant Experience - will I get rejected?
Date Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 12:37am
Hi,

I'm looking at applying as a Business Immigrant under the Self-Employed stream. My occupation is as a coach (NOC 5252).  My concern is if I qualify under the definition of having "relevant experience".

During the past 10 years I have been self-employed as a coach, 4 to 5 of these years as full-time....HOWEVER, during the most recent years I have not worked full-time (just part-time) as a self-employed as a coach because I had my son and I undertook and passed a Bachelors degree (4yrs).  So taking into account the past 4-5 years, I do not think I will have enough hours during this timeframe, although I have worked as a self-employed coach for WAY more hours than required before giving birth and completing my studies.

So it seems like I have the actual real world experience, but because I'm now a mother and undertook further education the 5 year limit will prevent me from qualifying? Seems unjust! If I was male I might not have had this problem!!

Could "substitution of evaluation" come into play?

Replies:
Posted By: Janet08
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 2:21am
I think you have coordinate with the Arranged Employment under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.
It may help you for the improvement of your employment. I hope for this success.

Posted By: canadaimmigration
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:03am
You should consult with Immigration Lawyer for in-depth help. However, you have stated that you are a coach, so you don't need to have work permit visa; although if you are from a country that requires a visa to visit Canada, you must apply for a Temporary Resident Visa.

-------------
- Canada Immigration | - Canada Business Immigration | - Canada Migration Help

Print Page | Close Window