Print Page | Close Window

single but married

Printed From: Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum
Category: Canada Immigration Topics
Forum Name: Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
Forum Description: Permanent residence for skilled workers. The point system and related issues. Employer sponsorship is not a requirement
URL: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10813
Printed Date: 03 Jul 2024 at 8:39pm

Topic: single but married
Posted By: kerry
Subject: single but married
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 5:49pm
hi there i am a filipino and would like to apply for migration.am using single status in all my papers including at work am a government employee.should i declare that i am married in applying even i am using my singleness?will this affect my application?i did not declare my marriage because it's bigamous, my husband married twice and that resulted separation between us.

Replies:
Posted By: pmm
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 11:48pm
Hi

Originally posted by kerry kerry wrote:

hi there i am a filipino and would like to apply for migration.am using single status in all my papers including at work am a government employee.should i declare that i am married in applying even i am using my singleness?will this affect my application?i did not declare my marriage because it's bigamous, my husband married twice and that resulted separation between us.

Depends. If you were the first wife, then you are married. If you were the 2nd "wife", then you probably lived in a Common/law relationship if it was a year. You better report it either way. Especially the marriage, since you are going to have to get a Cenomar.

-------------
PMM

Print Page | Close Window