Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR returning to Canada after 2yrs+ absence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 9:53am
HiCan:

Provinicial Health Cards do not extend their coverage outside of their provinces, especially abroad. If you don't have any health coverage in the country where you work, get some type of travel insurance. 

When I went on vacation for three months in my home country, I bought three months worth of travel insurance because of the same reason.

I don't know if travel insurance covers any other reason in addition to vacations though... 
eeman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:29am
hi...can i return to canada if i can accumulate 630 days of physical presence in canada cuz my pr card expires on 27 nov 2011 n i have been phiscally present for five months in canada
my name is Rabia Intsar and im mailing u from paksitan ...i nedeed information about my status of PR card ....ive got a PR card which is valid uptill 2011...but i visited canada twice ..once three years back for a period of 2 months n now once previous year in the month of novemner... i came back from canada after staying there for 2 months ...now thye say that my date of xpiry when i could re enter canada xpired on 15th of march... one of my cuz told me who lives in canada ....but the PR card is valid uptil 2011.....i dont know about the new rules but he says now u cannot enter canada either u shuld have completed a three months period there before november 15th.....i was terribly sick due to medical reasons i had to come back and could not re enter for the same reasons ...is there any possibilty that on medical grounds they accept my mediacal certificates and allow me to re enter canada afetr the due dates have passed will they accept this case and my application please help your guidance needed
waiting for ur urgent reply
Rabia Intsar
e mail [email protected]
Rabia Intsar
eeman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 11:32am
any lawyers suggested for making an appeal please
Rabia Intsar
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 12:16pm
Hi Rabia,

Well your PR Card is still valid, take all the proof of your medical, etc and return to Canada as soon as possible.

Immigration will ask you (at airport) for the long stay outside Canada, be honest and tell them everything honestly and why you were unable to come back earlier. I'm sure they are very considerate and will understand your situation and will try to help you.
Once you return here, you must stay for at least 2 years and then you can apply for PR Card renewal.

So what you need to do is to return to Canada as soon as possible.
eeman78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeman78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:46am
thank you so much for ur urgetnt reply
Rabia Intsar
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic