Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaican cases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10611062106310641065 1919>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
intelligente View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelligente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 4:46pm
Hi all, thank God its the end of another week. this week has been one of the most difficult with deadlines etc. I am so tired and will be abck in office on sunday!! just taking a break now and reading the thread... man a wha a gwaan ina di place? all food war! mi never kno a soh much hungry people in yah!

well dat story bout di man weh lef him good good wife fi a nada woman..mek mi tell yuh, dat oman soon tek dem plates and lef wid anoda man and he will be running bak to his wife!! my heart pains when I hear stories like this...we men have to do better and help some "not too proper man" keep focussed........
Godliness with contentment is great gain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelligente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 4:50pm
it was just last week i was telling a friend to be careful cause his wife is in Jamaica and some guy was telling him about "cheap cuban cuttie". I had to warn him as a friend and tell him that I believe the greatest human experience is family togetherness and that he should guard his family as if it were his life. He seem wise though because he smiled and said he and his wife were dating from school days so he couldnt do that.

islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 6:35pm
Hey guys....so I went to the new VAC (CHC visa application centre) in Kingston today to get the little ones their visa's will update u all on the experience later......but much improved from the "standing/lining up at the gate process.......but can u say helller expensive!!!!!
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:41pm
Actually Intelligente we don't know if she has left him already but the wife told my mom that he called her a few weeks back begging her to give him a second chance and even bringing God into his argument. She told him where exactly to go and informed him that she was already happy in her church amongst her church family who were the ones who helped her thru her ordeal.

Den fi show how di man wicked...when they originally landed they were in Scarborough amongst a large Caribbean/ Jamaican population only fi him move dem go some far off part of Canada where she is much further from Jamaica, among a population not like where they were before and where the weather gets extremely cold and the cold last longer. At one point she thought of dropping everything and coming back home but couldn't afford the 2 plane tickets...so she stuck it out and right now she is in the best position she has been since migrating...with him out of her life.
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
Lizzann View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:44pm
And she should stay gone from him!! Bright!!
This makes me sooooo mad when people do things like that!!

GOD bless her now and always!!!
RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:45pm
Cant wait to hear your experience Islandbabe...anything to avoid joining that line of shame out at the Kings House Road office.....trying not to face the traffic in case somebody you know spot you...lol...lol...lol
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
staths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm

Lizzann am happy to see that you are still here as one of those senior member still making a positive contribution to the forum and giving well needed advice to other members who may need help. For that is must say BIGGGGG UPPPPPPPPPPPP. Keep it up and wish you all the best in your endeavours

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intelligente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm
Hey Riskar: see it deh..PRIDE! nuh want face the traffic fi see nuh baddy we kno! nuthing shameful in standing in a queueSmile
By the way, in terms of the man who lef di wife and want har back now.
The wife can forgive him because we all need a second chance sometimes but she should pray about the situation and really observe his circumstaances. Maybe it is that his life is turning to hell so he is running back to her or he could well realize a mistake..my gut felling is that it is the former but she should still allow God to lead. We often make mistake and God forgives us many times over.
Just food for thoughtt!

RisKar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RisKar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 3:48pm
The queue is no problem...is just when you doing some things privately you really don't want people know your business in case it don't work out... . Even after having received my PR only my parents and 2 sisters, and 6 friends know. Don't feel comfortable disclosing anything I am doing until I am absolutely certain.

Re the wife....I think she thinks that ship has sailed for the husband...but you never know. I don't get involved in domestic disputes because you would be surprised how quickly people shame you and both of them turn on you...lol
Applied June 2008

Decision Made April 2013
islandbabe View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandbabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:07pm
Ok so here is the experience....

First you have to pay for the application at scotia bank as usual.....one fee for single entry and another for multiple entries....Multiple is CAD$150.............You fill out the forms online and print them out......and just walk in to the VAC...no appointment needed. Now the VAC has two locations, one in Montego Bay ( Thank God ...the poor people dont have to come to Kingston!!!!!!) and one in Kingston. The Kingston Vac is located at 31 waterloo Road....Right next to MegaMart....a 3 mins walk from CHC.

Now here is the great thing.....lots of PARKING...its a very nice new complex by GORE development, think it may actually be called Gore....(something or the other cant remember). Its a beautiful building....with textured walls and Wrought Iron metal work on the grills giving it a kinda of old world Tuscan kinda feel, yet still modern looking. The security guards are visible, friendly and helpful. The unit that houses the VAC is downstairs and so its easy to access from the parking lot. 

Now there is no security checkpoint....so search, no leaving your cell phone...you just push the door and walk in. The Main room is about 30ft by twenty feet.......with a little area sectioned off by silver drapes...(This is where they do the biometrics..finger printing and all) The receptionist's desk is right near the front door....here they go through your application you sign the relevant form...pay the processing fees of about $2400 per person.

Edited by islandbabe - 07 Oct 2013 at 1:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10611062106310641065 1919>
  Share Topic