Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I know

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I know
    Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 4:07pm
Hi all,

I understand that you can maintain Canadian PR while working abroad as long as it is for a Canadian company.

My question is how do you know that the company is a Canadian as per immigration requirements?
Who do I ask to confirm? I ask because I have a chance to go abroad with but with the Canadian branch of an international company.

If anybody know who I can refer to kindly forward the response.

Regards and thanks!

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 5:05pm
I believe you have to be hired in Canada, and then sent/transferred abroad. The company has to have its HQ in Canada....not somewhere else.

IF canadian office is just a branch, then i dont think that counts.

check www.cic.gc.ca
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2009 at 9:49pm
Here's the definition
See section 6.2
6.2. Canadian business
The definition applies to both large and small businesses and includes:
• federally or provincially incorporated businesses that have an ongoing operation in Canada;
• other enterprises that have an ongoing operation in Canada, are capable of generating
revenue, are carried out in anticipation of profit and in which a majority of voting or ownership
interests is held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents or Canadian businesses; and
• enterprises which have been created by the laws of Canada or a province.
Note: It does not include businesses that have been created primarily for the purpose of allowing a
permanent resident to satisfy their residency obligation while residing outside of Canada [R61(2)].
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
iceman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 2:52am
any body know how long it is taking to get the Pr card? i made entry in Sept09 stil havent received
IslandGirl View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 3:08am
It says about 30 days
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#pr_card

I friend of mine - her husband just received his 4 weeks after landing.
Call CIC and ask what the hold up is - might be a problem with photos or it's lost, etc - won't know unless you phone though

Originally posted by iceman iceman wrote:

any body know how long it is taking to get the Pr card? i made entry in Sept09 stil havent received
Used to be known here as "feb7" - there's no doubt to my gender this way
My previous profile
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 12:34am
Call CIC at 1-888-242-2100
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 4:51am
hi to all
is it reliable to to purchase used cars in Canada
N~Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N~Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 7:50pm

That will depend on year,model and condition of vehicle..

rbenoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:22pm
Before you buy a used car, it is always recommended that you have it inspected first.
Some garages might charge $100 - $200 for a pre purchase mechanical inspection but it could be worth it if they find $1,000's of dollars worth of problems you could be buying someone elses piece of junk.
definately worth the money to have it pre inspected.

ecs View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 11:36am
You can also get a history of the car, something similar to a Car Fax in the US.NOt sure what they call here in Canada
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic