Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions on Off campus & Post grad work permit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions on Off campus & Post grad work permit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAFahad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions on Off campus & Post grad work permit
    Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:13pm
Hi,

I am planning to apply for MBA in canada for Winter 2013.
I read that it is possible to obtain the "Off campus work permit" while you are full time and finished some credits.

But, I am a bit confused about the off campus work permit and post graduation work permit issue.
Will really appreciate some response.

1. Under what situation you are granted a off campus work permit? I am wondering because prior to getting the student visa, the sponsor proved that he/she is financially capable of supporting the tuition+living throughout the program?

2. Do you only get when you have a job offer while studying? or, it is required in your program as an internship?

3. If i work off campus during my MBA for 2 years, Do i still get the 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit?

4. WIth the off campus work permit, Can I work professional jobs such as "Financial Analyst", "Accountant"?

5. Do all major get you 3 year post grad work permit? for example - business/science background etc
6. Is there a timeframe after getting the post grad work permit, within which you have to end up at a job?

Thanks.  Grin
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 7:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by AAFahad AAFahad wrote:

Hi,I am planning to apply for MBA in canada for Winter 2013. I read that it is possible to obtain the "Off campus work permit" while you are full time and finished some credits.But, I am a bit confused about the off campus work permit and post graduation work permit issue.Will really appreciate some response.1. Under what situation you are granted a off campus work permit? I am wondering because prior to getting the student visa, the sponsor proved that he/she is financially capable of supporting the tuition+living throughout the program?2. Do you only get when you have a job offer while studying? or, it is required in your program as an internship?3. If i work off campus during my MBA for 2 years, Do i still get the 3 year Post Graduation Work Permit?4. WIth the off campus work permit, Can I work professional jobs such as "Financial Analyst", "Accountant"?5. Do all major get you 3 year post grad work permit? for example - business/science background etc6. Is there a timeframe after getting the post grad work permit, within which you have to end up at a job?Thanks.  Grin

1. No, you need to complete 6 months of studies with reasonable marks before you can apply for an off-campus work permit.
2. No, you don't require a job office for an OCWP.
3. Yes, an OCWP is different from the the PGWP.
4. Anything you want, but you can only work 20 hours per week when school is in session.
5. Any eligible course from a post secondary institution, the list of approved schools in on www.cic.gc.ca
6. You have to apply within 90 days of graduation/completion.
PMM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic