Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marriage while PR visa process as Skilled Worker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marriage while PR visa process as Skilled Worker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marriage while PR visa process as Skilled Worker
    Posted: 15 May 2012 at 1:52pm
Hi everyone! I'm new into this forum.

I'm into a complicated situation with my visa process.

I've got my CSQ (Certificat de Selection du Quebec) and now I'm about to send my application to get the Permanent Residency as a Skilled Worker, BUT, I'm getting married just before submiting my dossier (my boyfriend is Canadian).

First of all, I was wondering if marrying him will speed up or slow down my processing time, considering he's canadian.

Second, so far I've been visiting him in Canada with my tourist visa that will expire within few months and I've read that it will be tough to get a new tourist visa if they see I'm married to a Candian because they will think I will want to stay illegal in the meanwhile until I get my PR. How true is that? Can I apply for an extension of my tourist visa while I'm still in Canada? Will this extension expire as soon as I leave the country or can I use it later to get back in?

Will you suggest that we pospone the wedding until I get my PR?

Thanks a lot!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic