Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Accompanying Spouse who is working abroad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nadahad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accompanying Spouse who is working abroad
    Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:43pm
I have my canadian PR which I am in the process to renew it, as I am living outside canada with my Canadian Citizen Husband who is working outside canada.
I have to submit proof that (me and him) we are living together, please guide me , which documents i have to submit other than the marriage certificate ?? knowing that we are living in a rented apartment by my husband including water and electricity. YOUR REPLY WILL HELP ME A LOT- BILLION THANKS
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 1:28am
The marriage certificate only proves the existence of the qualified relationship. That must be shown, yes, but it does not show that the PR has been "accompanying" the Canadian citizen partner abroad.

The partner's citizenship must also be documented. Copy of passport usually.

Typical documentation showing where you reside and where your partner resides should show that you are living together . . . obviously both should show the same residential address. Copies of mailed items, especially for bills or from professionals (doctors, dentists, and so on) that show the address . . . along with similar evidence in bank and utility and credit card and telephone accounts . . . and again, showing both those in your name and those in your partner's name will document the concurrence of living in the same residence.

Additionally, copies of travel tickets or itineraries, hotel accomodations, and so on, which show the two of you traveling together, are significant . . . they tend to document the accompanying element and corroborate representations of living together (the inference being that a couple that lives together also travels together).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic