Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bring to Medical (American)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bring to Medical (American)
    Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:19pm
What were you required to bring to your medical exam? I know that for a medical to immigrate the the States from Canada I needed proof of my immunizations and I had my yellow Ontario immunization card for that. Would an American have to bring information regarding immunizations? How about a letter from the doctor detailing conditions diagnosed and prescriptions (or can that just be word of mouth from the patient)?
computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 12:38pm
If you have existing medical conditions, a letter from your doctor can be useful, but is not absolutely required.  Spousal sponsored applications are "excessive demand exempt" so the only medical grounds for exemption relate to hazards to public health (e.g., active tuberculosis, for example.)  But you don't need immunization records.
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
catheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 3:59pm
Excellent! Thank you very much for answering!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic