Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Option C: Is CRA Notice of Assessment Acceptable?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Option C: Is CRA Notice of Assessment Acceptable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Option C: Is CRA Notice of Assessment Acceptable?
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:05am
I have the original "Notice of Assessment" sent to me by Canada Revenue Agency showing my assessed income for 2008.  It that acceptable proof of income for CIC?  

Thanks,

B47
trebass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trebass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:17am

The Option C is alot more detailed than the Notice of Assessment. I would suggest ordering it, I can tell you that I asked for the Option C form and received in 7 days....so it's very quick. And that was just a month ago.

Can_Zim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Can_Zim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 2:58pm
if they ask for Option C, give it to them.  that was the advice given to me by my lawyer.  you dont' want to risk them sending the package back to you for being incomplete.  my option C only took a week to arrive.
Mrs.Sam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.Sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 3:09pm
It's free, why not just order it? The more information you give them the better. If you are sponsoring children it is required. Since you have your Notice of Assessment, you will also be able to get the Option C too.

I'm sure you don't want your package returned to you indicating that you must submit it right.
Better to be safe, than sorry! Thumbs Up

Originally posted by boundary47 boundary47 wrote:

I have the original "Notice of Assessment" sent to me by Canada Revenue Agency showing my assessed income for 2008.  It that acceptable proof of income for CIC?  

Thanks,

B47
"Knowledge is Power" Sir Francis Bacon 1597
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:47am
No, a notice of assessment does not satisfy the requirement to submit an Option C.

They would most likely simply put the sponsorship part of the app on hold while they send you a request for the Option C, delaying things considerably.

Emphasis on "most likely."

It is possible they would deem the app incomplete and return the entire thing to be resubmitted.
It is also possible that they would overlook the technical requirement of providing an Option C.

But, again, what is most likely is that the app will be on hold while they request the required documentation.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic