Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two Applications At Once

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minreau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Applications At Once
    Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 7:58pm
Hi everyone,

I currently have a spousal application going. I am in NYC and my Canadian-born husband/sponsor is in Canada. Our application has been going on for quite a while now. We submitted in April '09 and our documents got lost so we had to resubmit. Right now I am in the queue for an interview... waiting about 5 months already and my patience is wearing thin.

So my question is: can I apply for a student visa while my spousal app is still being processed? I do plan on going to school there eventually. This might speed the whole damn thing up.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 9:23pm
Hi

Originally posted by Minreau Minreau wrote:

Hi everyone,

I currently have a spousal application going. I am in NYC and my Canadian-born husband/sponsor is in Canada. Our application has been going on for quite a while now. We submitted in April '09 and our documents got lost so we had to resubmit. Right now I am in the queue for an interview... waiting about 5 months already and my patience is wearing thin.

So my question is: can I apply for a student visa while my spousal app is still being processed? I do plan on going to school there eventually. This might speed the whole damn thing up.

1. Well if you are in a queue for an interview on a spousal application. CHC seems to think that there is a problem with the application. So with a spousal application outstanding, showing an intention to remain permanently, I would think that a study permit, which shows you wish to remain temporarily is going to be refused.

2. You have nothing to lose, other than time and money to apply for a study permit.
PMM
lsmyth2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsmyth2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:20pm
I hope you don't mind me adding to this, but I have a question on this same topic.  My plan is to apply for PR from the US since it's faster.  BUT I have been a student in Canada and plan to continue my studies here. Is it not allowed to apply for a student visa while waiting on the PR decision?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic