Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP: IS MY VISA STILL VALID?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP: IS MY VISA STILL VALID?
    Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 2:38pm
Hello,

I was just recently laid off last month by my employer because the company was restructuring. I am very upset with this as I need to go over the entire process again from the job hunt, LMO, CAQ and work permit.

My main concern is that: I need to leave Canada to visit my family in the Philippines next month and I already bought the ticket. I'm planning to be there for about a month. My work permit and entry visa will expire in Sept 2013, can I come in to Canada again with these documents? Or are my documents be considered not valid anymore to enter Canada?

PLEASE HELP! Thanks!
ken_girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:45pm
Anyoneeeee? 
corriesue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corriesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:07am
Hello there,

In response to your inquiry, as work permit relies on a job in the country and even though your permit is expiring on Sept 2013, it is safer to get a job first before going back to Canada with the same documents you have in hand. Also, with a job your new employer can support you with your visa and your work permit.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic